• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

? 5th Gen. Gaming ?

boo836

I'm back?
Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Incorrect, Pokemon isn't so much about " gotta catch em all" it's more focused on battling now. If it was really about catching, then why make base stats different? Ever since wifi, Pokemon has taken a huge step towards their new goal, and I predict it will be the same since the younger audience seems to have moved on to other things, and wouldn't understand battles as much. On the other hand, the older audience will want a more stragetic game, due to having more developed minds.

Years
  • not incorrect my friend, opinion. and still you have to catch as many as it takes to find out what ones you want to assemble to make a team. or maybe some people just look up the stats on the computer and go for whoever can outbore the competition with no fun invovled haha its whatever but personally i like to look for my variety

Mattyboy425

mattyboy425
    Years
  • i think that they should stop creating new pokemon because well i mean i agree the evolutions are getting too far fetched but now they are also looking alot less like pokemon, the pokemon they're designing are starting to look a bit too much like YU-GI-OH monsters. I think they chould create a game which holds all the old pokemon games in one, like you can travel to different maps like you could do in gold and silver, how you could catch the train from johto to kanto they should create a new pokemon game where you can travel from each map to different maps, and i also think they should make it possible to catch all the pokemon on atleast one game without having to trade cause its a bit hard for some people to get all pokemon

~Rose-quartz Iatos

Rose quartz~
    Years
  • Personally, I think they should make a few more evolutions, like one for Pinsir. Anyways, they need to be VERY creative with the next generation. I want some legends that are truly epic.

Agreed. However, they've run out of legendaries, hence the pointless darkrai and even MORE pointless heatran. But yeah, I think there'll be a lot of new evos for old pokemon.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Agreed. However, they've run out of legendaries, hence the pointless darkrai and even MORE pointless heatran. But yeah, I think there'll be a lot of new evos for old pokemon.
    I agree also, because I'm tired of getting brand new pokemon, but I mean I want to see more old pokemon with new evolutions just like Pinsir, Farfetch'd, etc... ^_^
    Heatran seem's pointless to be a legend......

Adam L'Argent

Sinister... But Noble
    Years
  • They won't stop till they've used up all of the regions in Japan, as someonhe's already said. They might even go to other countries.... just imagine that. ''start an epic new journey in Norfolk with Pokemon!''

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    New pokemon games have to come, but the idea of more pokemon cannot go on. And for more legendardies it's going to stop somewhere. They should now stop creating and start making games with all these pokemon. I'm sure people want a gold/silver/crystal remake, a pokemon rpg for the wii.

I'm wishing for some thing along the lines as a super pokemon rpg for the wii that lets you continue to travel to different regions. like you can start out in pallet town in kanto, go up to vermillion city and have to complete an errand in hoenn so you take the s.s. anne to lilycove city and blahblahblah

robbingdog

I wanna be the guy
    Years
  • I'm wishing for some thing along the lines as a super pokemon rpg for the wii that lets you continue to travel to different regions. like you can start out in pallet town in kanto, go up to vermillion city and have to complete an errand in hoenn so you take the s.s. anne to lilycove city and blahblahblah
    Yeah, I support something like this more than the inevitable creation of 20+ more legendaries... I mean, seriously, they had 15 in gen. 4 alone.

Years
  • I think that they went a bit over board with all these legendaries in gen 4 they didnt really need them all and they could of held a few back for gen 5

Cid

Years
  • I don't think that they're making new ones, judging from the facts that Arceus is the Alpha Pokémon and that the last DP movie has no screenshots of new 5th Gen Pokémon (as far as I know, the special character in that Arceus movie besides the latter is a Pichu).

There IS a tradition of revealing 5th Gen Pokémon in last movies of a generation.

Also, the quality of the new Pokémon created for each generation has been gradually degrading, and it has been most evident in the 4th Generation, so if they still plan to create 5th Gen Pokémon, it'd PROBABLY be worse.

billionbucks25 said:
    I'm wishing for some thing along the lines as a super pokemon rpg for the wii that lets you continue to travel to different regions. like you can start out in pallet town in kanto, go up to vermillion city and have to complete an errand in hoenn so you take the s.s. anne to lilycove city and blahblahblah

I was thinking of the same thing, and it might be neat re-visiting places and being able to travel.

However, I am speculating a new region, but with 1st - 4th Gen Pokémon in it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Pokemon Generations of the Future

Personally, I think they should make a few more evolutions, like one for Pinsir. Anyways, they need to be VERY creative with the next generation. I want some legends that are truly epic.

I totally agree with this. there were defiantly some Gen One and even Gen Two Pokes that could have awesome evos (Pinsir, Jynx, Tauros etc). As for new legends, who's to say legends can't evolve?
    I think it'd be interesting to see the legendary birds or dogs evolved, or added onto (kind of like the Eeveelutions).
    I think that there are quite a few Pokemon, but new ones being added opens up new horizons to new players, and veterans. This gives it a fresh start, while allowing us to capture or trade old favorites over.
    My favorite generation was Kanto and Johto, and I always try to complete those two 'dexs, but without adding Hoenn and Sinnoh, there wouldn't be any freshness to it, and the game would get stale.
    I believe at least another single Generation is on the way for a 2011-2012 release, and after that, who know? Pokemon branches of the advancment of todays technology (Wifi, GTS, events, etc). As long as technology and demand keep up, I believe the Pokemon franchise will continue for a long time.

There IS a tradition of revealing 5th Gen Pokémon in last movies of a generation.
    Also, to add to this, who's to say the most recently released Pokemon moive (I don't know what number it is, I don't really watch the movies) is the last movie for the Sinnoh region?

Back