• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • https://ds.ign.com/articles/106/1065010p1.html

I thought you guys should know about this. Now will this mean a new handheld console from Nintendo? I think so! I think the DS2 is upon us aswell! This is why I believe this. It just makes sense. Nintendo has already partnered with Nvidia for a GPU that's compatible with the ARM7/9 CPUs.

Gameboy: 1st Gen, 2nd Gen
    GBA: 3rd Gen, 1st Gen remakes
    DS/DSi: 4th Gen, 2nd Gen remakes
    DS2: 5th Gen, 3rd Gen remakes

Also, brace for impact of a years worth of Fakemon popping up everywhere!

Years
  • Wow, I just read this news on IGN now, too, and I was just about to post a topic (but someone already made one for me :P) Anyways, this is exciting news, and I can't wait until we hear some more information on this!

Lunarian

Lavender's Priestess
    Years
  • OMG!This is quite the entertaining news,yes it is~♫ I can't wait for new Pokemons and lol@Fakemon popping everywhere,I better get my 6th sense ready lmao!

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    OMG! This is uber awesome. We gonna haxx this game like we haxed Emerald, FireRed, etc. is what the noobs would say! LOL
    But wow, this so makes this worth the wait. 3 more years is a long time.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • IDK about this exactly being a 5th gen game - of course, it could be, but then again a lot of that is coming from ign's article (the original articles apparently only hints towards the main series and mentions of game freak to me seem to be about the fact they made the original Pokemon games? =/ Seems slightly iffy). IGN for me...idk, doesn't quite convince me as much. Probably best not to jump to conclusions, as stuff can be wrong. Case in point, Pokemon XD was originally said not to be a Colosseum sequel or so I read, and last time a game was announced (not counting the Ranger game) many a person was jumping up and down shouting about a new Wii RPG.

And then it turned out to be the Pikachu Pokepark game. *cough* -_-

If it isn't Game Freak though (because it very well could be), who is it? Genius Sonority is a rather vague chance, and they've made a Pokemon game on the DS before... and if it is Game Freak would it be a main series in a new region and be a new gen game...or would they suddenly do something different? Some have said both ways is 'breaking the pattern'... =/

Furthermore, it does say new Pokemon, but in what form, or how many? Pokemon XD: GoD featured new gen Pokemon after all - via Munchlax and Bonsly having cameos via very minor, uncatchable roles. One could argue as well that the gap between when the new 5th gen Pokemon are announced (assuming it IS announced during the next movie and isn't just a new forme) and Q3 in 2010 is too short. But who knows? On the flip side 4 years since D/P/Pt is coming up. And so-called 'patterns' are made to be broken sooner or later.

I also wonder if it's a DS game, or a DSi exclusive game which is also a possibility... that is if they want to focus on the DSi later, but that somehow seems a slightly strange move to me. *shrugs* Unless they bring out the next handheld console very soon for this and make it a launch game...

Like before with many other games, we're just going to wait and see for more info. I advise getting some popcorn and not getting too excited just in case. Who knows, could be Pokemon Dash 2. ;P

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • IDK about this exactly being a 5th gen game - of course, it could be, but then again a lot of that is coming from ign's article (the original articles apparently only hints towards the main series and mentions of game freak to me seem to be about the fact they made the original Pokemon games? =/ Seems slightly iffy). IGN for me...idk, doesn't quite convince me as much. Probably best not to jump to conclusions, as stuff can be wrong. Case in point, Pokemon XD was originally said not to be a Colosseum sequel or so I read, and last time a game was announced (not counting the Ranger game) many a person was jumping up and down shouting about a new Wii RPG.

And then it turned out to be the Pikachu Pokepark game. *cough* -_-

If it isn't Game Freak though (because it very well could be), who is it? Genius Sonority is a rather vague chance, and they've made a Pokemon game on the DS before... and if it is Game Freak would it be a main series in a new region and be a new gen game...or would they suddenly do something different? Some have said both ways is 'breaking the pattern'... =/

Furthermore, it does say new Pokemon, but in what form, or how many? Pokemon XD: GoD featured new gen Pokemon after all - via Munchlax and Bonsly having cameos via very minor, uncatchable roles. One could argue as well that the gap between when the new 5th gen Pokemon are announced (assuming it IS announced during the next movie and isn't just a new forme) and Q3 in 2010 is too short. But who knows? On the flip side 4 years since D/P/Pt is coming up. And so-called 'patterns' are made to be broken sooner or later.

I also wonder if it's a DS game, or a DSi exclusive game which is also a possibility... that is if they want to focus on the DSi later, but that somehow seems a slightly strange move to me. *shrugs* Unless they bring out the next handheld console very soon for this and make it a launch game...

Like before with many other games, we're just going to wait and see for more info. I advise getting some popcorn and not getting too excited just in case. Who knows, could be Pokemon Dash 2. ;P

Correction, these games are being made my gamefreak and gamefreak are known for making main series games, no spinoffs whatsoever. I hope this clears your doubts if these games are being made by gamefreak or not, look below

Posted by pokebeach
    Gamefreak director Junichi Masuda has also announced the new game(s) on his blog, linking to the official announcement below. He says that the game(s) are in development right now and that the work is secret.

Celebrate people, safe to say 5th gen is on its way ;]

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well that's better than ign, I trust a blog of his more so that ign. XD

Still idk if it'll exactly be a 5th gen game - most likely it would be, but then again there's the slight chance we could be in for a surprise. XD

...darn I hate google translate at times. -_-

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
  • EDIT: Nevermind, I thought the blog stated he'll be giving details away on Pokemon Sunday, but instead Z's identity will be revealed, either way good news :P

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think this is all starting to connect! First the new pokemon movie hinting newly created pokemon in ads, corocoro saying they will tell us about a new pokemon next issue and now this... im pretty sure this will eaither be a 5th gen game or another mystery dungeon (but gamefreak didnt make that)

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Nintendolife just got these news too:
    Gamefreak was mentioned to be working on the next new mainline Pokemon game, said to feature a new land, new mechanics and, of course, new critters to trap and cage fight.

If these things are true, I think it can be new generation.
    But 5th generation isn't confirmed, have to wait for more news.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Guys, this is Gen V confirmed.
    New Pokemon In Main Series Game = New Generation.

And about it being on the DS? Well, it doesn't have to be on a new Nintendo console. You could play Gold/Silver on the original Gameboy. Gen I & II shared a console, so most likely this announcement means that Gen IV and V also share a console (well for that matter you could say Gen III, IV, and V, since the DS & DSL can play GBA games)

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Well that's better than ign, I trust a blog of his more so that ign. XD

Still idk if it'll exactly be a 5th gen game - most likely it would be, but then again there's the slight chance we could be in for a surprise. XD

...darn I hate google translate at times. -_-

Yeah, like you said earlier, there was that whole Wii game thing. I'm hoping it'll be a new main series RPG, but then again, who knows?

But then again its said that is a main game just like R/B/Y , G/S/C, R/S/E ...
    Guys, this is Gen V confirmed.
    New Pokemon In Main Series Game = New Generation.

Uh, guys...? Where'd it say it was a new main series game? All it said on the Bulbanews page was that it was an RPG. Mystery Dungeon counts as an RPG, it could be one of those for all we know. Or even a new fourth-gen game (though I seriously doubt that). Don't say it's confirmed when all we know is that it's a new game. Once again, there was that Wii game that turned out to be nothing special. That kind of incident could easily happen again.

(Yes, I want it to be the fifth generation, but let's not get ahead of ourselves now.)
    (Edit: oh lord, you know what I just thought of? What if it's a Crystal remake? I really hope that isn't the case.)

Last edited:

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
    Years
  • i think it is the fifth gen like Mew~ said the info we know is starting to come together

i think because it was announced earlier the game may be released earlier

PLATINUM Announced in March, September Release
    HGSS Announced in March, September Release
    NEW GAME Announced in January, July Release?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back