• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Mystery dungeon?

droomph

weeb
Years
  • I would really like to play a 5th gen PMD. I've played all the others before (except the Japanese ones that only came out on WiiWare)
    I hope Gamefreak is already doing something with the idea.
    Chun Soft takes care of the PMD crap.

js

I WOULD BUY THESE IN A SECOND. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S GONNA LET ME DOWN, I LOVE THESE GAMES AND NOSTALGIA IS ENOUGH TO REMOVE ANY CRAP ABOUT A GAME.

Just saying Chun Soft, you're getting $40 from me if you make that and I think many people would say the same :P

And why do the main game critics say it's bad? I think it's perfectly fine - it's just like Pokémon, all games get boring from time to time - this game's strong point is the story dude pay attention to the damn game will you

Years
  • i have wanted a 5th gen PMD game ever since gen 5 was announced, so ya. personally, i think the 5th gen starters (aside from tepig, oshawott and snivy) in the game should be cubchoo, tympole and litwick
    :)

Years
  • I would love to see a newer Mystery Dungeon on the 3DS (or even the DS, if that'd be a better option for the designers)! I enjoyed the older installments, especially the originals, Blue Mystery Dungeon and Red Mystery Dungeon, so I'd love to see a newer game, using the fifth generation.

I obviously enjoyed some of the console games, especially the Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Colosseum games but personally, I've always saw Pokémon primarily as a handheld game.

Abi~

-insert title here?-
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I loved the mystery dungeon series, would love to see a gen 5 version. I'm not sure if it would happen, sadly, but it is something I'd love to see. The concept is amazing, and while it is different than the normal games, I thought it was well done and had a certain emotional piece attached to it, which I could appreciate.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Aha, I was going to make a topic like this but found it! :D

Commercially, I remember seeing the original Red/Blue Rescue Team games as top sellers so I thought they were doing really well. I guess not? But I think they were doing well enough to get more spin-offs at least. Or maybe not. I can't tell xP

BUT I really do hope they will make a 5th Generation PMD game with a lot of new, cool features. With those games, it seems to me the creators can have more freedom as to what they present in the games than in the main series. How many years has it been since Gen 5 started? 1.5-2? Hopefully within the next year, if it is going to be made, it will be released. But it's just hopeful speculation xD

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
    Years
  • several bosses i would like to see
    victini
    zourark disguised as magikarp
    genesect
    final boss arceus
    zekrom and reshiram joint battle
    it would be so good

mabye i could start a rom hack of sky for it...

Jacinth

~Darling~
    Years
  • I. NEED. THIS. GAME.

They need to make it! PMD is my favorite, even above the main series, so I swear if they don't make one Chunsoft is gonna be hearing from me. D:<

Monasti

Unknown master
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 19, 2013
    I'm so glad there's people here with the same opinion as me :)

I love the Mystery Dungeon games more than the main series. The stories are more gripping, more emotional, and the characters have amusing personalities.

Plus if anyone says they've never wanted to be a pokemon they're a bunch of liars :O

I hope so much that they create a new one, even if it's on 3DS. 3D dungeons would be awesome.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    I liked a little when it came out, but some parts are too dramatic...

Anyway, why put Eevee JUST FOR THE GIRLS?! On Bulbapedia it says it's more likely that it'll be a boy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    I really enjoyed the Mystery Dungeon series, all games were creative and had lots to keep you occupied so I'm kinda surprised that it wasn't all that popular because it was a great series in my eyes.

This pretty much sums my opinion up.

Nintendo really should make another one. They better think of the die-hard PMD fans out there, and how would they not let them down.

Years
  • Well in any case, I really do hope that they make another one.. (: think about it though, they didnt make the first one until after Gen 3 came out, and the 2nd one after Gen 4. So maybe they won't make the 5th Gen MD until after BW2. c:

I mean you can only hope though, right?

I just hope this next one won't have anything to do with changing from a human to a pokemon, I mean, why can't you be a regular pokemon that just wants to be a part of a rescue team. That and I hated the guild in the second game, I missed having a mailbox too.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • I certainly hope that they do. I've loved the previous two and I'd really like to see a third edition to the series.

My one hope is that the game doesn't completely collapse after the main storyline. Neither you nor your companions does any talking and it really becomes a weak game once the main storyline is over.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • I just think the issue is the teams need a rework.

my biggest issues:

you're members were terrible to organize, as in chingling needs to have a list that you can organize as you want. I want my most used pokemon at the front and the others shoved away out of my way. and preset teams would be awesome.

the teams were hard to move through the dungeons at times. with 4 pokemon you're team often gets split up in the big dungeons and monster houses leave you fighting alone (they need to happen when you get tot he center of the room so your whole team is in on it.

your partner needs to be optional on early missions and changing leader too. yes I get it there is a plot, but training your team needs to be important. I don't want to be stuck with two pokemon, of which you only get 16 to pick from, as my main ones forever.

more recruit methods and not starting at level 1-7. recruited pokemon should start at higher levels even if they are from missions. they should scale based on the mission. eggs are ok though trading away your children is strange...

evolution early. I hate having an evolution one pokemon for the majority of the story I'd rather have all the pokemon be harder and evolution be jsut as important. maybe mid way though the first part (in comparison to PMD2).

I'd like to see more "starters" as in pokemon to become. just for more variety. my picks being:

gen 1: Cubone(bring back), abra (with the elemental punchs from breeding or somethign else for an attack)

gen 2: tyrouge, aipom, mareep, gligar, elekid, magby

gen 3 : ralts, aron, tapinch,

gen 4: none... they got all i wanted...

gen 5: roggenrola, sandile, litwick, golett, pawniard, and the starters of course.

yeah basically all my wants from the series.

Oh and a customizable base. I want to be able to put amenities in there like berry bushes, and seed plants.

DISCUSS, or if you would like I'll make this my own thread if you feel it diverges too much.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Idk, I'm not really going to get nitpicky on all the things I'd like to see (I liked the game controls and functions from Pmd2, plus we know they're going to throw something new in too like they do each time so I'm excited for that, good enough for me). Although cool starters/partners would be nice like Phanpy (!), Minccino (!), Drilbur (!), Vulpix, Eevee, Growlithe, Riolu, etc. (lol I guess that's a lot) because I think that for PMD they should actually not have the starter Pokemon as... starters. I mean, they're special and every other game and we're familiar with them, but I've kind of have enough of them tbh. Let's have some new starters!

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • ^ That's what I would prefer best as well, except I highly doubt Chunsoft would ever do that :/ Starters are like novelties. I just hope Skitty is available again :P

As one of the users above me said, I would absolutely love a customizable base. Maybe a few new changes to spice up the game, like some sort of actual TIMED face-off or tournament against other teams or something. Although I would miss out on it because I don't have WiFi, I think having WiFi competitions with other teams across the world could be fun, maybe racing through a dungeon and finding a certain amount of items first or something.

As for the plot, I hope they do something a little different but still as emotional as the other two. And whoever did the music (I think it was the same man for both) needs to do it again, because he's a genius.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • I think if you can battle other teams they gotta do something with Team Raiders. They were just sortof there at the end of the game, but never did much.

As for building the base its just so the guild or where ever you are getting job begins to fade out sort of. Basically you become independent, and also it opens up some new plot possibilities Ex. you're base gets robbed.

Back