• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5TH GENERATION ANNOUNCED: POKEMON WHITE/BLACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Anyone who claims racism on this is a bit dense if you ask me, it's got nothing to do with ethnicity, black and white are colours (well black is the absence of colour if you wanna be pedantic) and should be treated as such without having to worry about the political correctness brigade. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if The Daily Mail raged about it.

On a lighter note, really looking forward to this, as far as new Pokémon go I'd sooner have 50 good ones than 100 bad and with that I'd sooner have them improve existing evolutionary lines than creating new ones (and do a better job than Tangrowth...). Possibly have a Dark Porygon evolution, a computer virus. :P I'll probably end up getting Black but it depends on version exclusives and which legendary looks cooler, even though I never use em.

Years
    I hadn't even thought of any sort of ethnic reference when reading about Black/White before coming to this topic, and I really don't think any sort of controversy will come out of this. They're two opposing colors. That's how I saw the names: yin and yang... two opposing sides. It's symbolic.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Honestly, I sorta liek the simple color names. Reminds me of RBY days. Hopefully the games deliver in quality.

5th Gen Hoenn remake 4 T3H W1N!!!!!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I hope that the media will be mature enough as to not see this as a racial thing... I honestly see Black/White as being more of a yin/yang thing than anything else.

I get dibs on Black. My nephew can have White. (I always get the first choice, LOL.)

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
    I think it's good how they shocked us here. We were thinking the next games would be Amythest and Vermillion or whatever, but they went back to basics :D

I think the titles may have something to do with Dark and the introduction of Light types.

PSI-Claus

The Devil itself
    Years
    Looks like GameFreak's running out of naming ideas.
    Black/White, huh? Sounds like it's going to be like Platinum only a bit "darker" themed.
    And I'm guessing that Zoroark is the Pokemon Black exclusive?

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    .. Racism thoughts when it comes to names for Pokemon games?

Oh god.

Anyway, these new games sound pretty awesome. I didn't really want them this quickly since I haven't even gotten my SoulSilver yet. (._.) They could have waited.. another year, perhaps? But seeing all the new Pokemon and the new region and the new heroes and everything new will be fun. :3

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I don't know what all you are on about - Black and White aren't colours, they're hues!

*moment over*

Yeah, I'm a little annoyed that HG/SS JUST came out, and they've already announced that the next gen is around the corner. Although, with those titles, I'll agree that it sounds a lot more cool and mature. And compeltely NOT-RACIST so people need to stop calling race on them. I'm not gonna get into that too deeply, though, because this is not about racism, it's about Gen V.

Gee, when you look back at RBY, and now at HGSS... haven't they come a long way, graphics-wise? I wonder how they'll look if they come on 3DS...

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I hope that the US won't change the names of the game when they release it there, I bet money that they will with the racial stuff.. anyways it's awesome Black FTW!

So many racial names to name your rival, well mostly for the Black Version.. :P

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I love how their going back to colors also, espically black and white.

But at the same time, in the back of my mind I always knew that they were gonna make a game like this...anyone else think the same?

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I hope that the US won't change the names of the game when they release it there, I bet money that they will with the racial stuff.. anyways it's awesome Black FTW!

So many racial names to name your rival, well mostly for the Black Version.. :P

It might be possible that they'll change it to Dark version and Light version if there is any change at all, but I really don't think people will think about any racial implications.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    The 3ds should be launched around the fall (or earlier).
    Im thinkin this will be a launch title.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    The 3ds should be launched around the fall (or earlier).
    Im thinkin this will be a launch title.

They said it would be coming out on the DS, not the 3DS.

I'm personally excited for this, but given that they're probably going to remake Hoenn in this generation, my expectations aren't as high as they were for Gen IV.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    5TH GENERATION:
    -Pokemon Black & White
    -Pokemon Gray
    -Pokemon BloodRuby & SpiritSapphire

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Back to colours ...

It says it will "bring a revolution to Pokemon" and contain "a bunch of new Pokemon and old features as well" - Serebii.net

bulbapedia and serebii also updated these information . I am looking forward to more information as it comes !
    -note : as anti-racist that I am, I am getting both games if budget is enough ...

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    :o
    I didn't think that they might remake Ruby and Sapphire!
    Gen V... a whole new region, plus a possible return to Hoenn...

This makes me so excited!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back