• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation Game

Years
    It would be cooler if it was more like the show the pokemon would talk like there should *say there name not a strange noise* can carry one of your pokemon around with you *Like Yellow or Amity Square* Can have a partner person to walk around with you, chose if you want to be a Gym battler or Contest person, can decide on your clothing have the bad guys following you to capture your partner pokemon, a different pokemon center everywhere and can have different contsets like in the episode named *All dressed up and nowhere to go* like you can completely change your pokemon looks.

It all named Pokemon Ultamate.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    yeah a lot of people have been discussing the 5th gen. a lot, but I do like your idea's. Maybe that will come true. ;]

Years
    OOOO but i want another part of that like the normal games another name for it but i dont know what it should be its normally a jewl or colour but i thought it should be called ultamate cos i couldnt think of anything LOL

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    5th generation? Not gonna happen. If it did, it'd be very anti-climatic. We've already had nearly 500 Pokemon, including the ultimate, God of Pokemon; Arceus. Another generation with more Pokemon would be sort of uneeded and pushing this Pokemon business a little too far.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    What I want for the 5th Gen is a Generation without legendaries. Maybe a gen made only of evolutions or something.

Because I agree that pushing it more than they did with Arceus is kinda overkill.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    5th generation? Not gonna happen. If it did, it'd be very anti-climatic. We've already had nearly 500 Pokemon, including the ultimate, God of Pokemon; Arceus. Another generation with more Pokemon would be sort of uneeded and pushing this Pokemon business a little too far.

DP is the best-seller of the Pokemon franchise. There is life in this. Tell me why would Nintendo would drop that kind of cash just because it would give them a headache or two coming up with new Pokemon (and, y'know, there are still plenty of untapped sources for Pokemon ideas. Platypus-mon!).

I don't understand how introducing Arceus made it impossible to come up with new legendaries. There's always the possibility of such things as improvements on the idea of manmade legendaries, an opposing deity to Arceus (kind of like Satan, though Nintendo's probably going to make sure to minimize comparisons to the Devil if it does use that idea), etc. I've even toyed with the possible idea of a Fighting type legendary, which, if memory serves, is along with Poison in being the only type not having shown up on a legendary.

I don't think that an actual shortage of Pokemon ideas would stop Nintendo from trying to milk Pokemon for all it's worth. =P

I'm kinda against the idea of firmly choosing a path between contests and gym battles. Gyms are the big focus in the Pokemon games, but I don't see harm in increasing the number/variety of contests. So long as they don't end up potentially hogging the spotlight (and, depending on how this is set up, the people who want the best of both worlds are kinda kicked in the face).

Something I'd like to see is the return of different trainer options in PvP battles. FireRed and LeafGreen saw us the option to make more than Lucas vs. Dawn, Lucas vs. Lucas, and Lucas vs. Dawn matches by allowing us to choose to be things like Lass, Cooltrainer, and such when in the Union Room. I guess D/P made a partial nod in that direction on the GPS, where the trainer sprites are different, but I want that extended to Wifi battling and such.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
    DP is the best-seller of the Pokemon franchise. There is life in this. Tell me why would Nintendo would drop that kind of cash just because it would give them a headache or two coming up with new Pokemon (and, y'know, there are still plenty of untapped sources for Pokemon ideas. Platypus-mon!).

I don't understand how introducing Arceus made it impossible to come up with new legendaries. There's always the possibility of such things as improvements on the idea of manmade legendaries, an opposing deity to Arceus (kind of like Satan, though Nintendo's probably going to make sure to minimize comparisons to the Devil if it does use that idea), etc. I've even toyed with the possible idea of a Fighting type legendary, which, if memory serves, is along with Poison in being the only type not having shown up on a legendary.

I don't think that an actual shortage of Pokemon ideas would stop Nintendo from trying to milk Pokemon for all it's worth. =P

I'm kinda against the idea of firmly choosing a path between contests and gym battles. Gyms are the big focus in the Pokemon games, but I don't see harm in increasing the number/variety of contests. So long as they don't end up potentially hogging the spotlight (and, depending on how this is set up, the people who want the best of both worlds are kinda kicked in the face).

Something I'd like to see is the return of different trainer options in PvP battles. FireRed and LeafGreen saw us the option to make more than Lucas vs. Dawn, Lucas vs. Lucas, and Lucas vs. Dawn matches by allowing us to choose to be things like Lass, Cooltrainer, and such when in the Union Room. I guess D/P made a partial nod in that direction on the GPS, where the trainer sprites are different, but I want that extended to Wifi battling and such.

Still i highly doubt they're gonna make 5th gen pokemon. I Don't see it happening at all. They'll just make altered version of d/p but im 96% positive they're dropping the pokemon franchise with arceus. I Mean the god of all pokemon, That kinda says that ''We're Done making pokemon games, We're ending it here.'' So no they won't make 5th gen pokemon.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Still i highly doubt they're gonna make 5th gen pokemon. I Don't see it happening at all. They'll just make altered version of d/p but im 96% positive they're dropping the pokemon franchise with arceus. I Mean the god of all pokemon, That kinda says that ''We're Done making pokemon games, We're ending it here.'' So no they won't make 5th gen pokemon.

Okay, yeah, drop the more likely idea that Nintendo's actually doing this for money. There's nothing saying that making the supposed Pokegod is the end of the franchise, there are still many options left, including that opposing deity I mentioned earlier. I can also forsee a possible thing involving celestial bodies like a Sun Pokemon and a Moon Pokemon to be the legendary duo that pops up, so that's not entirely dry either.

In the event Nintendo actually does this for cash, they'd generally want to follow up the most successful game in a franchise with a sequel. =P

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
    Okay, yeah, drop the more likely idea that Nintendo's actually doing this for money. There's nothing saying that making the supposed Pokegod is the end of the franchise, there are still many options left, including that opposing deity I mentioned earlier. I can also forsee a possible thing involving celestial bodies like a Sun Pokemon and a Moon Pokemon to be the legendary duo that pops up, so that's not entirely dry either.

In the event Nintendo actually does this for cash, they'd generally want to follow up the most successful game in a franchise with a sequel. =P

Dude would u listen for a sec? F.Y.I Buddy there already is a moon pokemon, cresselia AND darkrai. And as for a ''sun pokemon'' That's just foolish. There doesn't have 2 be a polar opposite 2 everything(even tho in newtons 3rd law of motion everything has an equal and opposite reaction.) But face the facts buddy, 493 pokemon? That's alot and they're not gonna make anymore. 493 is way more then enuf. Arceus the god of pokemon who created all. If that doesn't tell you that they're done, There's something wrong. Why don't u try making a legit pokemon game like nintendo and why don't u try implementing all of the cries and every little tile and making sure it all looks good. You prolly couldn't even make a hack, much less a pokemon GAME so how do u think nintendo feels? Do you know how long it takes 2 make one pokemon game? All of those pixels and cries and sprites? Takes about a few years buddy. So why don't you try doing that and come back in the next 4 years telling us how you did eh?

Last edited:

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Dude do you even have any idea wtf ur talking about? F.Y.I Buddy there already is a moon pokemon, cresselia AND darkrai.

Ah. Forgot about that. =P Y'know, I actually just realized we already have a Sun-Moon duo in Solrock and Lunatone. Forget what I said.

And as for a ''sun pokemon'' That's just foolish.

Yep. Somewhere, Solrock's crying right now.

There doesn't have 2 be a polar opposite 2 everything(even tho in einsteins theory of relativity, everything has an equal and opposite reaction.)

Of course they don't. They're usually counterparts or enemies. =P

I think the equal-and-opposite reaction thing was Newton's third law.

But face the facts buddy, 493 pokemon? That's alot and they're not gonna make anymore. 493 is way more then enuf.

I think I've heard that argument before. Somewhere around the time when there were 386. 493 being too much is relative, by the way, unless you have some kind of proof telling me that making more is going to destabilize it somehow.

Arceus the god of pokemon who created all. If that doesn't tell you that they're done, There's something wrong.

How so? Just because Creator God's in the picture doesn't mean there can't be more minor deities. And, again, Satanmon's always a possibility. =P

Why don't u try making a legit pokemon game like nintendo and why don't u try implementing all of the cries and every little tile and making sure it all looks good.

Frankly, I'm not able to - I really don't have an issue admitting that.

You prolly couldn't even make a hack, much less a pokemon GAME so how do u think nintendo feels?

Haven't a clue. They've done it four times now, so it's apparent they don't mind doing it if it means money; the thing a D/P sequel points to.

Do you know how long it takes 2 make one pokemon game?

That's a factor, why?

All of those pixels and cries and sprites? Takes about a few years buddy. So why don't you try doing that and come back in the next 4 years telling us how you did eh?

I see. So, what you're saying is, because it takes four years and some effort, Nintendo obviously won't make it?

I really don't see what my ability to make a Pokemon game has to do with the likelyhood of a fifth generation coming out.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
    ... Wow dude w/e time will tell but i know for a fact they're not making another pokemon game. And yea it was newton's 3rd law of motion. Anyway They're not gonna make another game it just takes 2 much effort and time and if anything they'll just make alterations of d/p because they'd just have 2 make more ideas for pokemon and a new region and a new trainer and a new professor and it's alot of work for them. They WON'T do it.

Last edited:

Cobalt36

Ivy and Harley, quite a pair..
    Years
    Yeah, creativity for the 5th gen would be seriously lacking. I discussed on my thread, the new game should be the last, that how Arceus was a seriously bad move. Nintendo started digging its own grave when they released him, cause you can't go farther than God. What, will they give us something like the creators of the creator. Or how about Doexys' space? Anyone want to go Under-the-Underground?!

Nintendo will try its hardest to create another "perfect game," and they will fail. Especially seeing the first of the 5th gens already-the confirmed Shaymin Sky-Forme. Boy, how creative was that?!

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
    Exactly you understand the point im trying 2 make. They basically killed themselves by releasing arceus. He's the god of all pokemon and the god of everything! You can't make anything higher then the god of all. Basically they dug they're own grave and buried thenselves in it becuz that was a bad move they made. They can't do anything more now so it;s safe 2 say the pokemon franchise ends in diamond and pearl. Plus what name are they gonna make up this time? Pokemon Space?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    ... Wow dude w/e time will tell but i know for a fact they're not making another pokemon game. And no that wasn't newton's 3rd law of motion. There's the key right there, ''Motion'' He described motion and how gravatational pull works and etc. Anyway They're not gonna make another game it just takes 2 much effort and time and if anything they'll just make alterations of d/p because they'd just have 2 make more ideas for pokemon and a new region and a new trainer and a new professor and it's alot of work for them. They WON'T do it.

You know for a fact they aren't making another generation of pokemon games? Yeah, so where's your proof again?

"2" much effort? They've made new regions and professors three times before, four counting the original game. What makes you think they won't be able to do it again?

Nintendo has Sony and Microsoft to worry about, as they are competition for Nintendo. for Nintendo to compete, they need money. Pokemon makes money for Nintendo. Why wouldn't they continue the series?

I'm sorry, but this "they're out of ideas" argument simply makes no sense. Nintendo will continue to make new games until it isn't in their best interest from a business standpoint, not from a pokemon standpoint. Until people stop buying pokemon games, they're going to keep making them.

And as for their creativity running out, it already has. Most new pokemon simply don't cut it. However, that has proven not to matter as Diamond and Pearl have been hugely successful and very well-reviewed might I add.

Nintendo is a business. Again, until pokemon isn't making them money anymore, they're going to keep giving people what they want - pokemon games. When people don't want pokemon games, the series will stop going. Simple.

And Cobalt36, how exactly do you know that a fifth generation pokemon game would fail? Again, uninspiring pokemon designs aren't going to make or break the game (as DP has proven to us).

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    And no that wasn't newton's 3rd law of motion. There's the key right there, ''Motion'' He described motion and how gravatational pull works and etc.

I'm pretty dang sure it was Newton who said, "Every action is accompanied by a reaction."

Anyway They're not gonna make another game it just takes 2 much effort and time and if anything they'll just make alterations of d/p because they'd just have 2 make more ideas for pokemon and a new region and a new trainer and a new professor and it's alot of work for them. They WON'T do it.

What a way to look at the world. Money requires time and effort. They've done it before. They can do it again.

They basically killed themselves by releasing arceus. He's the god of all pokemon and the god of everything! You can't make anything higher then the god of all.

I haven't a clue why you assume every generation has to come up with something bigger and badder than the one before it. Again, there's always possibilities Nintendo can pursue, including a "Satan" to Arceus' "God" or whatever. I don't think a few headaches for the creativity department is going to stop Nintendo from what's obviously a profitable move.

Especially seeing the first of the 5th gens already-the confirmed Shaymin Sky-Forme. Boy, how creative was that?!

Shaymin Sky-Forme isn't any more next-gen than Deoxys' Speed-Forme. =

And, yeah, generally agreeing with Anti.

denro

THE GORILLAZ RULE
    Years
    ... Wow dude w/e time will tell but i know for a fact they're not making another pokemon game. And no that wasn't newton's 3rd law of motion. There's the key right there, ''Motion'' He described motion and how gravatational pull works and etc. Anyway They're not gonna make another game it just takes 2 much effort and time and if anything they'll just make alterations of d/p because they'd just have 2 make more ideas for pokemon and a new region and a new trainer and a new professor and it's alot of work for them. They WON'T do it.

Umn dude..... It is Newtons third law of Motion.... Heres proof.....

Newton's Third Law
    A force is a push or a pull upon an object which results from its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions! As discussed in Lesson 2, some forces result from contact interactions (normal, frictional, tensional, and applied forces are examples of contact forces) and other forces are the result of action-at-a-distance interactions (gravitational, electrical, and magnetic forces). According to Newton, whenever objects A and B interact with each other, they exert forces upon each other. When you sit in your chair, your body exerts a downward force on the chair and the chair exerts an upward force on your body. There are two forces resulting from this interaction - a force on the chair and a force on your body. These two forces are called action and reaction forces and are the subject of Newton's third law of motion. Formally stated, Newton's third law is:

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction

And I do feel as if there will be a 5th generation due to a little thing called profits.... so yea...
    I don't want to be a butthead but..... whatever.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009

I realize that, but introducing the final Pokemon, the God Arceus, means that any Pokemon coming after it won't come close to it, and the point of every gen, for me, is to see even stronger Pokemon arise.

It is possible to make new legendaries, but that just proves Nintendo's pulling things out of their ___. An opposing God, sort of like an anti-Arceus could be introduced, but then it would get a little too cheesy. I'd rather keep one Pokemon God. Fighting type legendary doesn't seem to appealing to me :o

It won't, but it's gonna totally destroy Pokemon as we know it, DP was a great game to end the series. A fifth generation would be ridiculous.

Contests? Blegh, me no like.

I'd actually like to be a bad guy. They get those awesome generic Lv. 40 Wurmples :D

Comments in bold ^^^^^^^^^

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    The debate on Arceus:

It is NOT the god of everything,
    It is a "God" in sinnoh myth because it was created (in game) thousands/millions of years ago.
    Back when people (in game) had no sense.
    For all we know, Pidgey could have been their "God" too.

Just because the Pokedex says "God",
    doesn't mean it is, a factual "God".

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    The debate on Arceus:

It is NOT the god of everything,
    It is a "God" in sinnoh myth because it was created (in game) thousands/millions of years ago.
    Back when people (in game) had no sense.
    For all we know, Pidgey could have been their "God" too.

Just because the Pokedex says "God",
    doesn't mean it is, a factual "God".

So basically, it's Nintendo's entire description of Arceus vs. Your Opinion.

This seems like a tough one on who to side with :/

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    I realize that, but introducing the final Pokemon, the God Arceus, means that any Pokemon coming after it won't come close to it, and the point of every gen, for me, is to see even stronger Pokemon arise.

I still don't think Arceus is necessarily the final thing possible. I will, however, admit that it doesn't go much farther past what Arceus got without being complicated or outright broken. I do however think it's possible to differentiate the formula and come up with something comparitively awesome - though perhaps not on as high a perch as Arceus.

I guess Nintendo might've pulled the god idea a little early, but why does everybody treat it like it's closing the book?

It is possible to make new legendaries, but that just proves Nintendo's pulling things out of their ___.

Personally, I don't much care if it looks like Nintendo's desperate as long as Nintendo can keep it interesting and workable (totally need to see another manmade Pokemon).

An opposing God, sort of like an anti-Arceus could be introduced, but then it would get a little too cheesy.

I suppose the idea of Satan and most other oppositions to divine forces that appear in plenty of religions is kinda cheesy too. ._.

What's wrong with the possibility of a major evil force? I kinda think it'd take Pokemon in a rather interesting direction by presenting a Pokemon that's actually inherently evil.

It won't, but it's gonna totally destroy Pokemon as we know it, DP was a great game to end the series. A fifth generation would be ridiculous.

Yes, say it's ridiculous without providing fair backup as to why. They've got a fair number of ideas for new Pokemon, the incentive of cold-hard cash, nothing so far actually proving why more Pokemon would actually topple the whole thing, etc.

If nothing else, previous success will give Nintendo reason to press it further until there's definitive evidence saying it won't work out next time. "It'll look like Nintendo's pulling Pokemon out of thin air," and, "It'd be ridiculous," isn't definitive evidence, last time I checked. Should Nintendo actually come out with a fifth generation, I get the idea a fair number of people saying it won't work out will buy it anyways. =P

Fighting type legendary doesn't seem to appealing to me :o

It's an opionated thing. What's cool to me, ain't necessarily cool to the next person. The basic idea is that Nintendo's not out of options. And cold hard cash says Nintendo will take options.

It may just be me, but the idea of a 'Wandering Master' Fighting type Pokemon just sounds awesome.

Contests? Blegh, me no like.

Again. Opinions. I do think they're a fairly refreshing break, though.

Back