• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation Game

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    I'm really not in the mood to respond to the flaming parts of that post (and, y'know, the things I've obviously responded too before), but Gen. Five discussion opens up again!

If they're gonna make a deity opposite 2 arceus they're gonna need more legenderies then that. They can't make a pokemon game with just one legendary.

But now they aren't limited by the supposed restraint of, "You need to be around or above Arceus-level awesomeness," so it shouldn't be overly hard producing new legendaries. If memory serves, your main objection was that you can't go higher than Arceus. Minor legendaries past the Arceus counterpart aren't restrained by that.

And i rly don't see it happening cuz what'st the plot gonna be?

Same sorta thing they usually come out with. Evil team. Probably attempting to harness the power of some legendary for odd ends or whatever. Various twists and differences in the plot to avoid it from being too repetitive. The story's never been to big a problem.

How's the story gonna connect in the timeline?

Outside of G/S/C taking place about three years or so after R/B/Y, I'm really not too sure the games have a timeline. =P

All of these questions that you can't answer means that how are they gonna make another pokemon game?

Read above?

What are the starters gonna be?

Probably determined the same way Nintendo did the other four generations of starters.

What's the region gonna be called?

Haven't a clue. Likely going to be named after a province in Japan, though.

What's the evil teams name gonna be

Search me. Probably based on the goal of the group itself. Which will then likely be based on whatever central legendaries Nintendo conjures up.

Really, these things aren't so much game-breaking as parts of creative process Nintendo and other developers generally have to go through with any game.

your still noob on this site

Note: Noob is a different thing from newb. Of course, you may've been trying to call me a noob, but the context suggests you meant newb.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
  • Noob is noob. No differenation from it. Noob means the same thing as newb. New, a person who is new at something all the same thing. And obviously from the looks of it your not dropping out of the argument.

Why are you responding i alrdy told u i don't even listen 2 what you say becuz i can and i don't have 2 hear what you say.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Noob generally tends to have negative connotations - usually idiocy. While newb simply means that somebody is new. At least where I come from.

Why are you responding i alrdy told u i don't even listen 2 what you say becuz i can and i don't have 2 hear what you say.

Hey, if you're going to ask a question, it may as well be answered. If you're up for discussing it, I'm game. It's the blatant flaming thing I object to. =/

And, y'know, generally, even if you've not interest for what I have to say on matters you bring up, somebody else might; that's pretty much something I thought about on the way down.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
  • Noob generally tends to have negative connotations - usually idiocy. While newb simply means that somebody is new. At least where I come from.

Hey, if you're going to ask a question, it may as well be answered. If you're up for discussing it, I'm game. It's the blatant flaming thing I object to. =/

And, y'know, generally, even if you've not interest for what I have to say on matters you bring up, somebody else might; that's pretty much something I thought about on the way down.

Where i come from noob means new no matter how you say it. And my questions don't have 2 be answered by you, i prefer they werent. And if i feel like flaming someone i will. And yes i have no interest in anything you say or do, nor will i ever will care so don't respond 2 me.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Where i come from noob means new no matter how you say it. And my questions don't have 2 be answered by you, i prefer they werent. And if i feel like flaming someone i will. And yes i have no interest in anything you say or do, nor will i ever will care so don't respond 2 me.

You sound like me a few months back =0 Except I at least had class when I flamed. Flaming out in the open during a debate, in which two participants are exchanging well-thought out responses, isn't considered cool, bad***, or even remotely intimidating.

Noob and Newb have two very different meanings my friend.

n00b: one who is 1) Annoying and/or incapable of defending their points 2) Unable to use correct grammar in most occassions 3) Stubborn and doesn't allow themselves to be proven wrong

Newb: one who is new to a specific area/forum site or activity. Not truly annoying and/or stubborn.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • This thread is ridiculous. Raiph is obviously just throwing a temper tantrum, so I'll move on to King Tyranitar here (because I feel you're not trolling or anything >_<)

I really can't believe this Arceus argument is still being used. You could say that about Mew, but Nintendo just ignored their old definitions of Mew and made Arceus the new "god" of pokemon.

And does it really matter? If Suicune or Celebi was made this almighty Arceus-like god figure in the second generation, do you honestly think they wouldn't have made a third generation? Of course not! Nintendo is smart, and they are going to make a profit as long as they can. There is no proof they aren't going to make a new game, or that they'll stop the series. Pokemon Platinum is coming out soon, and it will probably sell like Emerald did, and Nintendo will make their money and they will want more money like any business.

The problem with your argument KT is that it's from a pokemon perspective. Nintendo is looking at things from a business perspective, not how godly they made Arceus.

We all know Nintendo makes very few changes from generation to generation (just more gameplay features and stuff, and new pokemon). Other than that, they're about the same. Nintendo doesn't need to live up to Arceus or whatever, and if they do, expect a new pokemon game with a pokemon with 150 in each base stat and Wonder Guard (an exageration, but you get my point).

And KT, interesting how you didn't respond to anything I said earlier ^_^ when it comes to business, money is much more important than living up to some poorly-designed, overhyped pokemon that I guarantee will be surpassed if Nintendo has to surpass it (though I still don't get that at all ._.)

Please answer this question...WHY would Nintendo stop the pokemon series? They obviously don't care about how good the pokemon look (I'm looking at you, Happiny) or how godly an existent pokemon is (I'm looking at Mew and Mewtwo), so why on earth would they stop it? Stopping pokemon would make no sense since Nintendo makes a fortune off of the series.

EDIT: I don't mean anything in a disrespectful way here KT. I'm honestly just trying to avoid the laughable flaming going on and stay on-topic.

Last edited:

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
  • This thread is ridiculous. Raiph is obviously just throwing a temper tantrum, so I'll move on to King Tyranitar here (because I feel you're not trolling or anything >_<)

I really can't believe this Arceus argument is still being used. You could say that about Mew, but Nintendo just ignored their old definitions of Mew and made Arceus the new "god" of pokemon.

And does it really matter? If Suicune or Celebi was made this almighty Arceus-like god figure in the second generation, do you honestly think they wouldn't have made a third generation? Of course not! Nintendo is smart, and they are going to make a profit as long as they can. There is no proof they aren't going to make a new game, or that they'll stop the series. Pokemon Platinum is coming out soon, and it will probably sell like Emerald did, and Nintendo will make their money and they will want more money like any business.

The problem with your argument KT is that it's from a pokemon perspective. Nintendo is looking at things from a business perspective, not how godly they made Arceus.

We all know Nintendo makes very few changes from generation to generation (just more gameplay features and stuff, and new pokemon). Other than that, they're about the same. Nintendo doesn't need to live up to Arceus or whatever, and if they do, expect a new pokemon game with a pokemon with 150 in each base stat and Wonder Guard (an exageration, but you get my point).

And KT, interesting how you didn't respond to anything I said earlier ^_^ when it comes to business, money is much more important than living up to some poorly-designed, overhyped pokemon that I guarantee will be surpassed if Nintendo has to surpass it (though I still don't get that at all ._.)

Please answer this question...WHY would Nintendo stop the pokemon series? They obviously don't care about how good the pokemon look (I'm looking at you, Happiny) or how godly an existent pokemon is (I'm looking at Mew and Mewtwo), so why on earth would they stop it? Stopping pokemon would make no sense since Nintendo makes a fortune off of the series.

Oh wow here comes the big n00b of them all! You also just want a piece of action cuz u also want a cry out for attention. You need 2 think be4 u post n00b cuz all you want is just attention so learn 2 stfu and go crawl down a hole. Your obviosuly the one throwing a tantrum and you need 2 learn 2 stfu you n00b. Your not even here 2 debate, you just want 2 fight with every1. So you can keep crying for attention all you want thinking ur a bad*** or thinking ur so cool when your just a n00b. Stfu and stay on topic and stop crying becuz no1 wants 2 here your lame excuses. You'r prolly gonna throw a tantrum over this since your obviosuly younger then you say you are, So go cry me a river noob and stfu.

On Topic: If nintendo even thinks about making a 5th gen game, we won't be hearing about it for a few years. Once again im sticking with my facts and my opinions and only time will tell if they will have plans for a 5th gen pokemon game. And once again anti pop culture warrior, learn 2 stfu and shut the big lid on your face for a change eh?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Oh wow here comes the big n00b of them all! You also just want a piece of action cuz u also want a cry out for attention. You need 2 think be4 u post n00b cuz all you want is just attention so learn 2 stfu and go crawl down a hole. Your obviosuly the one throwing a tantrum and you need 2 learn 2 stfu you n00b. Your not even here 2 debate, you just want 2 fight with every1. So you can keep crying for attention all you want thinking ur a bad*** or thinking ur so cool when your just a n00b. Stfu and stay on topic and stop crying becuz no1 wants 2 here your lame excuses. You'r prolly gonna throw a tantrum over this since your obviosuly younger then you say you are, So go cry me a river noob and stfu.

Considering AP is one of the most respected members of this forum (due to the fact that when he posts, he knows what he's talking about) I'd say this post is uneeded, unflamatory spam.

@AP

I take no offense whatsoever ;) You're probably right about the business standpoint of this, but what I'm saying is that a new gen would be awkward, almost uneeded. Unless it's really, REALLY good, I might just stick with DP.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • @ KT:

No generation after the first was needed. Still, each one is at least pretty good (I didn't like DP much because of the offensive favoritism). Nintendo generally is good about keeping their storyline from driving you crazy despite being more repetitive than the end of Hey Jude (which is saying something lol).

@ Raiph

lol

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    @ KT:

No generation after the first was needed. Still, each one is at least pretty good (I didn't like DP much because of the offensive favoritism). Nintendo generally is good about keeping their storyline from driving you crazy despite being more repetitive than the end of Hey Jude (which is saying something lol).

@ Raiph

lol

But then there would be no T-tar :( You're right that the first gen was all that was needed, but Nintendo is slipping on creativity, most of the new Poke's are either evolved from old Poke's, or just plain similar to previous ones.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Bravo on the massive amount of maturity in this thread. Raiph, you are the main reason why this thread could be closed if you continue down your corrupt path of flaming.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • Raiph said:

Ad Hominem abusive.

---

I agree with APCW and Mag here. Nintendo's main motivation is money, because it is a business. I really doubt they would ditch the franchise just because they have run out of fresh ideas, the huge amount of Pokemon spin-offs and the popularity of the anime attributes to that. I don't believe that Nintendo would discontinue the franchise because of Arceus being unable to top, it would not be a problem considering previous situations like in the case of Mew.

Nintendo's storyline is repetitive, but it is geared towards a younger audience, and it is proven that it works. There is a new batch of customers everytime a generation of pokemon is released, it is better for Nintendo to stick to the tried and tested method instead of thinking up a new storyline which may or may not work.

I also believe that the reason why second generation was made (and to a lesser extent, the 3rd and 4th generations) was to decentralise the competitive metagame. It was evident that the first generation was centered heavily around offense, the few recovery moves were considered suicidal, and the unbalanced ~25% critical rate made it even worse. Nintendo has been paying attention to the competitive aspect of the game as seen when it released the Battle Towers and Frontier, and online WiFi battling, and knows that the competitive play is the main factor driving older players to play pokemon. Of course, this is all theory from me, but I think it would be in Nintendo's best interests to establish a fair metagame and add variety to it, to attract the older audience, most of them teens or young adults.

SakuraChan

&lt;3
    Years
  • I'm more comfortable with the games already out. A fifth generation isn't needed as far as many opinions go. I have a feeling after the 4th generation games are done and over, they'll remake every game to a newer version with more complicated plots and keep the same ol' Pokemon.
    I think they were pushing it with the 4th generation, but getting near to 500 pokemon seems ridiculous. How much can the Pokemon world occupy?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Also look at the new platinum screens. Although you might disagree with me Ill say it. The game in my opinion doesnt look like something with new features. The way its goin its a whole new thing. If nintendo keeps factors of it puts some into gen 5 takes new stuff puts it in and more it can be worth it.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
  • They're just gonna make newer version of 4th gen pokemon. They're not gonna make another 150 pokemon just 2 add 2 the series. They'll make newer versions and that's about it.

@Archuleta Shuckle: I couldn't be happier if you closed this topic. That way no1 would be able 2 fking complain about a 5th gen game coming out. And if i feel like flaming i'll do it and i won't care what happens. Period.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • If you guys complain anymore, of Raiph being framed, GOD.

You guys are a real pushover you know that?!

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
  • You see they won't get over me. And as you've read i didn't INTENTIONALLY start fighting with these kids. It went from a debate 2 them all ranting on me (mods included).

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    If you guys complain anymore, of Raiph being framed, GOD.

You guys are a real pushover you know that?!

Who the hell are you? You can't just come in here and start insulting people when you haven't done a single thing.

You see they won't get over me. And as you've read i didn't INTENTIONALLY start fighting with these kids. It went from a debate 2 them all ranting on me (mods included).

"Kids"? Considering how n00bish and how childish you've been acting, I'd argue that you are the kid.

I'm done here. This thread was flamed to the ground by Raiph because he can't admit being wrong.

Back