• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation Game

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    A rather simpler fix instead of locking is to just ban Raiph from posting in this thread. As far as I can see, all the things everybody's agitated over are based in Raiph's posts. So saying he can't post in the thread anymore would allow discussion to resume (And fifth gen-discussion is cool).

But, it's really more up to the mods.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    But... if he doesn't post... then where will I get my daily LOLs?

I agree with (most) in this thread. Nintendo is a business, business needs money to survive, money puts food on the table, food = life, very simple. More recently, I think Nintendo is lacking in the creativity department. Most D/P Pokemon are just copies of others made in the first generations, or evolutions. Starly = Pidgey, Bidoof = Rattata etc. Hardly any creativity. Personally, I think that the story line is bland, repetitive, not very exciting. There is hardly anything we haven't seen before. C'mon Nintendo... WOW us!

Now onto the dough. Let's not look at Pokemon for a while, just think about the Wii. Yes it's a fun gaming system for all, families love it, kids can't get enough of it, there isn't enough consoles available in the first 12 months for everyone so it MUST be good. Unfortunately, I think that the Wii is the biggest Cash Cow Nintendo has ever put out there. Some games ARE good (Brawl, Twilight Princess etc.) but others are just out there for profit. Perfect example, movies that are turned into video games. How many times has a movie-based video game succeeded? Not a lot. Most have bad graphics, awkward story lines, and weird controls. If you want more examples of these, google AVGN and watch his reviews of some movies turned into games, you'll be shocked on how bad they actually are.

Next are the accessories. Once again, if you want to avoid a block of text and watch something useful, watch AVGN's NES accessories. Prime example of what I'm about to say.

Most accessories are well... plastic. I mean, just LOOK at the Wii Sports pack (thing...). All that comes in it are plastic add-ons to your controller. Tennis racket, baseball bat, golf club? Really? C'mon! 30 dollars for a bunch of junk isn't worth it... just another way to milk the Wii for every last cent.

Others... I just don't see how they are possible. Three different types of controllers to start out with (Wii-Remote, Nunchuck, Classic Controller), then a whole bunch more 'added in' to the game for an extra 10 bucks (Mario Kart steering wheel). Stick with one controller and play the game! No need to get fancy.

The Wii is one of Nintendo's main source of money, just like Pokemon was and is. It will keep being milked for all it's worth until kids "grow-up" and 5-year-olds want to play Rambo on the Xbox 900. But, all we have to look forward to is more non-creativity and less exciting gameplay. The upcoming 5th generation better be something special, or those that have some brains will leave the franchise for good... I know I will.

Bottom line: I think the 5th generation will OFFICIALLY mark the downfall of Pokemon as we knew it (Kanto/Johto)... if Diamond and Pearl already haven't done so.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Most D/P Pokemon are just copies of others made in the first generations, or evolutions. Starly = Pidgey, Bidoof = Rattata etc. Hardly any creativity. Personally, I think that the story line is bland, repetitive, not very exciting. There is hardly anything we haven't seen before. C'mon Nintendo... WOW us!

In fairness, Bidoof and Starly are basically the generational equivelants that are in every generation. Similar to the starters.

Rattata = Sentret = Zigzagoon = Bidoof

I guess it's easier to draw a special comparison between Starly and Pidgey because they both evolve twice, so it'd look a slight more like this:

Pidgey = Starly
    Hoothoot = Taillow

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2009
    It would be cooler if it was more like the show the pokemon would talk like there should *say there name not a strange noise* can carry one of your pokemon around with you *Like Yellow or Amity Square* Can have a partner person to walk around with you, chose if you want to be a Gym battler or Contest person, can decide on your clothing have the bad guys following you to capture your partner pokemon, a different pokemon center everywhere and can have different contsets like in the episode named *All dressed up and nowhere to go* like you can completely change your pokemon looks.

It all named Pokemon Ultamate.

This all sounds very good but i would also like to have the option of playing through the game doing contests and collecting gym badges. I like the idea about your pokemon following you i always liked that about yellow. As far as the Gym Batler or contest person goes i have a felling that most people would end up as Gym Battlers (unless maybe there was a special item or pokemon for each). BTW there could also be a pokemon breeder path that you could choose to follow. All in all this sounds like a pretty good idea although i have a feeling that pokemon will stay the way it is.

Hypntick

Wobbuffet!
    Years
  • I'm amazed no one has noticed they are opening it up for a 5th gen already. Deoxys. The fact that there is a pokemon from outer space opens up huge options for them. Run out of space for a new continent? How about a whole different planet? I also believe the fact that they are planning to give him out here soon at gamestop is also a nice nudge in that direction. Am I right? I have no idea, but I think it makes the most sense. And if you think they can't come up with another 100+ pokemon, or are not willing to take the time and effort to do so......

1. Pokémon Diamond (1.045 million) - DS
    2. PokémonPearl (712,000) - DS

That was just in the first month of release. How many of those people also bought a DS just to play pokemon on? If i'm not mistaken the game at release sold for $35.99 US, that's around 63 million dollars in 1 month just on these two games alone. Now figure 1/4 of the people also bought a DS, I think that sold for around $199 or so, give or take, that's another 87 million. Now the DS figures are just rough estimates and it could be a lot less or it could be a lot more. Didn't take the time to find those figures exactly.

Heck take a redesigned DS, slap a pokemon theme on it, mark the price up $50 higher than the standard, package it with a 5th gen pokemon game, and you're sitting on more money than 99.99999% of us will ever see in our lives total. If you think Nintendo is going to pass up on that kind of cash cow, then you apparently have no concept of business in the real world.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    Somehow I manage to repeat this in most every post I make, but Nintendo needs better storylines. Each generation of pokemon mostly copies the last generation, adding a few minor changes, but never something revolutionary. If they made a 5th gen, it would most likely do the same thing R/S/E has done and D/P/P has done; add slightly over 100 pokemon, a new region, and some small other things, but would still not let us return to previous areas. As to the thing with Arceus, I don't think it's that big a deal, as they don't have to make a higher deity, they could stick with the trios and other random legends such as Heatran and Cresselia.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Somehow I manage to repeat this in most every post I make, but Nintendo needs better storylines. Each generation of pokemon mostly copies the last generation, adding a few minor changes, but never something revolutionary. If they made a 5th gen, it would most likely do the same thing R/S/E has done and D/P/P has done; add slightly over 100 pokemon, a new region, and some small other things, but would still not let us return to previous areas. As to the thing with Arceus, I don't think it's that big a deal, as they don't have to make a higher deity, they could stick with the trios and other random legends such as Heatran and Cresselia.

The thing is that Nintendo doesn't need to revolutionize the series as it would be unnecessary. IMO the physical/special split did enough of that. The series is successful enough, so fixing something that isn't broken (to Nintendo at least) isn't going to happen.

I agree that the storyline is horribly predictable, but that doesn't stop most people from buying the games, and until it does, it won't change.

But I'm with you, I'd like it to change...it's just not gonna happen :(

Years
  • BY the way im really sick of people saying that they are going to end it with Acres that pokemon is crap and just because it is a god pokemon so what the pokemon legendaries do not have to get better everytime and what is to say there will not be more god pokemon

Years
  • This all sounds very good but i would also like to have the option of playing through the game doing contests and collecting gym badges. I like the idea about your pokemon following you i always liked that about yellow. As far as the Gym Batler or contest person goes i have a felling that most people would end up as Gym Battlers (unless maybe there was a special item or pokemon for each). BTW there could also be a pokemon breeder path that you could choose to follow. All in all this sounds like a pretty good idea although i have a feeling that pokemon will stay the way it is.
    That would be cool but seen as thers alot of people wanting more it could be much cooler if it kept going.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It would be cooler if it was more like the show the pokemon would talk like there should *say there name not a strange noise* can carry one of your pokemon around with you *Like Yellow or Amity Square* Can have a partner person to walk around with you, chose if you want to be a Gym battler or Contest person, can decide on your clothing have the bad guys following you to capture your partner pokemon, a different pokemon center everywhere and can have different contsets like in the episode named *All dressed up and nowhere to go* like you can completely change your pokemon looks.

It all named Pokemon Ultamate.

I hate virtually all of those ideas.

You might as well call it "Pokemon Anime-like Version"

Really, Anime Cannon is NOT the same as Videogame Cannon. If you want those stupid features, make your own game or something. Or just watch The Anime wearing your Pikachu Slippers and cuddling with your Ash doll.

superaipom

They do exist...
    Years
  • First off, I have just read every single post on this page. Wow. I have never heard a more rude, arrogant, and ignorant group of human beings. I am not saying that I am Mr. Perfect. I know I'm not right on everything. No one is. I would just like to say that this ENTIRE thread is OPINIONS! Just because someone says something does not mean that it is true. Just because you think something, does not mean that EVERYONE else in the world has to ABSOLUTELY agree with you. I love how some people say that they ABSOLUTELY know that Nintendo is done. They know for a fact that Nintendo isn't making any more pokemon games. I would love to meet all of you that think that and see you in four years. I'll make an appointment. Let's keep in touch.

Now that that's settled, time for my opinion on this. I agree with a lot of things on this thread. I agree with both sides on some things. Like it has been said a LOT before here, I suspect the following equation: PEOPLE + POKEMON GAMES= :classic: PEOPLE
    :classic: PEOPLE WANTING MORE POKEMON GAMES= NINTENDO MAKING MORE POKEMON GAMES! Money is always an issue with businesses. (Obviously) But I really do believe that Nintendo does like making people happy. They enjoy making games for people to play. Yes it does cost time and money to make games. We know that. Everyone knows that. It is HARD work. But does that mean video game companies throw in the towel? "Sorry guys, we're too tired and it costs too much to make video games so, say goodbye to 'em....forever!" Yeeeeah, don't think so. My prognosis: People wanting more pokemon games = Nintendo giving people more pokemon games.

As for the Arceus argument, I really don't see how that's an argument. I see where both sides are coming from on this. I completely agree with the fact that there is nothing higher than god and it does really seem like Nintendo dug their own grave. But just because we know that there is a god, does that mean that everything pauses at a stand-still? As almost every religion believes, there is some sort of form of a god, correct? We know that there is a god, right? Well, now that we know that there is a god, (in real life) does that mean that we are all done, there's nothing higher than god so we just stop and give up? Ooops, sorry, wrong answer. Not to suddenly change the subject but I think that Nintendo can do other things besides new pokemon. Personally, I don't think that there ALWAYS has to be something bigger and better in every game. Of course, we would like to see new features and other new game-play, but does there always have to be a new better pokemon? And if Nintendo was going to make a new legendary or new pokemon, I'm sure that Nintendo can pull it off and work it out. And who knows, (sorry, I'm changing the subject again) maybe arceus isn't the god of everything. Maybe he is just the god of the heavens. No one knows. If I am correct, there are other things in our world besides the heavens. If anyone has proof that arceus is the god that created everything, please share. I LOVE to be proven wrong.

Now, as for new features, I have no idea. I really have no clue what Nintendo will come up with next. Now for my OPINION. I believe that Nintendo will continue to make a 5th Generation and on. Until Pokemon loses its fan-base, which I do admit has gone down since the beginning; I believe that it will continue on for quite awhile. You are free to counter my opinions and share your opinions but please do not just tear me to shreds with ridiculous claims without any evidence. Thank you and I hope to see you on the forums!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • This is directed at Raif, and is not meant to be derrogatory, nor insulting (though you probably deserve it...)

First: Your grammer, unless you are missing several keys on your keyboard there is no excuse for using the grammer you have used. Just because it sounds akin to a word you wish to use doesn't make them the same thing... (Example: '2' is either 'to', 'too', or 'two'. '1' is 'one'. 'becuz' is 'because'. And the list goes on...)

Second: A debate is defined as an argument of ideas supported by facts and examples. All you have given are opinions. You say you have proof, though you have no cited where this proof comes from. You have also stated that everyone is acting childish, and simply arguing for the the sake of arguing, but who, I ask is the one who flames people when they present concrete facts which contradict the person in question?

Third: How dare you call Magmortared a n00b, or newb for you seem unable to distingish the difference... If you named him the latter it is simply idiocy, Magmortared has been here a solid year, while you only a handful of weeks. If you named him the former that is just more idiocy, in all his posts Magmortared has been clear, concise, and gramatically correct, while you have been vague, stubborn, and used lazy grammer...

Also; as an afterthought: aren't you a tad old to spend your time insulting on a forum??

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023

Oi... you always have to make your posts thought out to make mine look like crap dontcha? XD!!

First off, I have just read every single post on this page. Wow. I have never heard a more rude, arrogant, and ignorant group of human beings. I am not saying that I am Mr. Perfect. I know I'm not right on everything. No one is. I would just like to say that this ENTIRE thread is OPINIONS! Just because someone says something does not mean that it is true. Just because you think something, does not mean that EVERYONE else in the world has to ABSOLUTELY agree with you. I love how some people say that they ABSOLUTELY know that Nintendo is done. They know for a fact that Nintendo isn't making any more pokemon games. I would love to meet all of you that think that and see you in four years. I'll make an appointment. Let's keep in touch.

Way to be man... way to be. Great job summarizing everything into a single paragraph. But, yeah. Arrogance and Ignorance is completely foolish and not needed. It just shows one's lack of knowledge without them acknowledging it directly. It's like their saying that their stupid... without even knowing it :P. Oh, and I will be holding you to that four years thing :).

Now that that's settled, time for my opinion on this. I agree with a lot of things on this thread. I agree with both sides on some things. Like it has been said a LOT before here, I suspect the following equation: PEOPLE + POKEMON GAMES= :classic: PEOPLE
    :classic: PEOPLE WANTING MORE POKEMON GAMES= NINTENDO MAKING MORE POKEMON GAMES! Money is always an issue with businesses. (Obviously) But I really do believe that Nintendo does like making people happy. They enjoy making games for people to play. Yes it does cost time and money to make games. We know that. Everyone knows that. It is HARD work. But does that mean video game companies throw in the towel? "Sorry guys, we're too tired and it costs too much to make video games so, say goodbye to 'em....forever!" Yeeeeah, don't think so. My prognosis: People wanting more pokemon games = Nintendo giving people more pokemon games.

Hehe... prognosis. Big words that I have no idea what they mean :). I personally think that Nintendo loves money. They could care less about suiting major needs to their fans (especially if they do NOT make a G/S/C remake), they just want to keep a steady fan base, regardless of what the fan's attitudes are towards them. But I also think that they are gaining more support by hosting all of these easily-accessible events. Video Games are hard work? Yeah! You got that right! Just THINK of how long it took to perfect all of those tiny details in GTA IV, PLUS the fact the developers get to brag about having only ONE loading screen the entire game :).

As for the Arceus argument, I really don't see how that's an argument. I see where both sides are coming from on this. I completely agree with the fact that there is nothing higher than god and it does really seem like Nintendo dug their own grave. But just because we know that there is a god, does that mean that everything pauses at a stand-still? As almost every religion believes, there is some sort of form of a god, correct? We know that there is a god, right? Well, now that we know that there is a god, (in real life) does that mean that we are all done, there's nothing higher than god so we just stop and give up? Ooops, sorry, wrong answer. Not to suddenly change the subject but I think that Nintendo can do other things besides new pokemon. Personally, I don't think that there ALWAYS has to be something bigger and better in every game. Of course, we would like to see new features and other new game-play, but does there always have to be a new better pokemon? And if Nintendo was going to make a new legendary or new pokemon, I'm sure that Nintendo can pull it off and work it out. And who knows, (sorry, I'm changing the subject again) maybe arceus isn't the god of everything. Maybe he is just the god of the heavens. No one knows. If I am correct, there are other things in our world besides the heavens. If anyone has proof that arceus is the god that created everything, please share. I LOVE to be proven wrong.

Eh, watch out with the religion thing there Zach. Don't want to start another debate on this thread (that ISN'T worth people's time). But, other than that, yeah. I think it would be kind of neat if Nintendo went with a Greek like thing with different Pokemon gods for different elements/seasons etc. Then they could have more ideas for designs, AND the ability to actually create another 150+ Pokemon. Even though the Pokedex did say that Arceus is the 'god-Pokemon'... it also stated that it was all part of mythology, which definitely makes it shaky. Plus it gives another good reason to make a Zeus Pokemon :D.

Now, as for new features, I have no idea. I really have no clue what Nintendo will come up with next. Now for my OPINION. I believe that Nintendo will continue to make a 5th Generation and on. Until Pokemon loses its fan-base, which I do admit has gone down since the beginning; I believe that it will continue on for quite awhile. You are free to counter my opinions and share your opinions but please do not just tear me to shreds with ridiculous claims without any evidence. Thank you and I hope to see you on the forums!

Yay, someone agrees with me about the fan base! :D!

Comments in bold. Mostly great ideas, nice post 'aipom :).

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
  • Bunch of fking n00bs on this forum none of you have any idea wtf your talking about anymore. You guys aren't even on topic, your all ranting at me so stfu and a fking life. Obviously im known around here and you kids can't get over what i did. Like i care. All of you aren't even on topic anymore and i call whoever i want a n00b regardless of what you mofo's have 2 say. I'll do w/e i want whenever i want and i don't even use this forum anymore cuz i think the mods suck and they're total asses. So you kids need 2 stfu, stay on topic and stop arguing about stupid things like, oh your grammar's wrong or oh you guys are wrong they're totally making a 5th gen and i so know this for a fact. No you don't you ppl don't know anything you'r all so ignorant and stupid for even arguing about this. This topic is pointless as it's gotten out of hand cuz you kids aren't even on the fking topic. So stfu and some1 lock this fking topic.

Years
  • I hate virtually all of those ideas.

You might as well call it "Pokemon Anime-like Version"

Really, Anime Cannon is NOT the same as Videogame Cannon. If you want those stupid features, make your own game or something. Or just watch The Anime wearing your Pikachu Slippers and cuddling with your Ash doll.
    OMG i'm not that focused on mPokemon i just like the game and tv show i'm not that mental about it the only thing i have pokemon on it well is nothing so :P

Hypntick

Wobbuffet!
    Years
  • As far as what I'd like to see in a 5th generation game, not just 3d backgrounds, full 3d pokemon and characters, or perhaps something like cell shading done. More wi-fi enabled areas and situations. I'd love to see some outer space action, new planets etc. I believe that the games as a whole are generally to short, add a lot more story and areas to explore. Other than that, i'm pleased overall with the way the games have gone so far.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'll like to see this as I posted in another thread on this website

Pre-evo of Kangaskhan. It will finally explain the pkmn in her pouch. Either make that Pkmn evolve into a male version of Kasgaskhan or if its a male it won't evolve(like combee) and the females evolve into Kangi

:t354:TG

superaipom

They do exist...
    Years
  • Raiph
    5th Generation Game

Booted out for a while

I never thought I would see the day.
    Bunch of fking n00bs on this forum none of you have any idea wtf your talking about anymore. You guys aren't even on topic, your all ranting at me so stfu and a fking life. Obviously im known around here and you kids can't get over what i did. Like i care. All of you aren't even on topic anymore and i call whoever i want a n00b regardless of what you mofo's have 2 say. I'll do w/e i want whenever i want and i don't even use this forum anymore cuz i think the mods suck and they're total asses. So you kids need 2 stfu, stay on topic and stop arguing about stupid things like, oh your grammar's wrong or oh you guys are wrong they're totally making a 5th gen and i so know this for a fact. No you don't you ppl don't know anything you'r all so ignorant and stupid for even arguing about this. This topic is pointless as it's gotten out of hand cuz you kids aren't even on the fking topic. So stfu and some1 lock this fking topic.
    He got ignorant from me! He didn't even know that word before me.
    Alrighty, do you think he cussed enough? If he ever comes back to this forum as a real adult, I hope he reads this and realizes how much of an idiot he was. Now, as I could care less about grammer, (no offense to people who do) I support raiph in the getting off subject just a tad as he mentioned in his "last words." But other than the grammer thing, I do not think we have gotten off subject at all. The reason for making this thread was: A) To say what new features we want to see in a possible 5th generation and B) To discuss if there will be a 5th generation game. Not prove that your right and everyone else is wrong.

Please, someone correct me if I am wrong, but has anyone who supports a 5th generation game said anything about said person being completly right? Has anyone said that they know that there is going to be a 5th Generation game? All I have heard is opinions. I have tried to be nice and just focus it on everyone in this thread but I have to say, the main person who is saying "I'm right, you're wrong because I say so," is Raiph. So I completly disagree with that part of raiph's "last words."

He says this topic is stupid, yet he has posted on it many times. Then he blames the forum and the thread for him getting booted off. He throws a 5-year-old fit about how everything is bad on this forum just because people are proving him wrong. Wow, this guy is high-larious. (funny sarcastic humor) (okay, its really not that funny =] ) At least now we can have some decent debates.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Your off topic. Stop ranting on him and leave him the fk alone and chill the fk out ok? You being n00b just talking 2 him. get back on topic bud. Anyway i personally am fine with the games that are currently out. I Mean d/p was a smashing hit and platnium is also gonna be a big hit in america when it get's released. I Don't see them making a 5th gen game mainly becuz the story would prolly be wierd seeing more new pokemon and another story,region.evil team,town names etc. So all that aside, I Don't thin kthey're gonna make a 5th gen game but since this is a debate that's just my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    (Hmm... it seems as though he uses the same exact form of typing as Raiph did... "fk", "fking", "2"... :O!).

But seriously, what's done is done. Just continue the topic as normal... he's gone, you don't have to keep ranting on about him (in post... PM/AIM is fine).

I was thinking about an Outer Space thing. I've seen a LOT of people posting about that idea both in this 5th Gen spec. and Platinum spec. thread. Personally, I think it would be awesome if it was done, but then I think that it's just too... out there, you know? Like, there are SO MANY possibilities for the developers if they go with space. New Planets, New Creatures, New Life forms, new ANYTHING, but it can kinda wear down after a while. Plus it's REALLY easy to mess up. If you get too creative, you rick losing the whole fan base completely, but if you keep it the same as always, they'll still leave. It's cool if Nintendo... actually GAMEFREAK if I'm not mistaken... does a few Outer Space games, but then sometime it will have to come back down to Earth. Literally.

I want to see the Pokemon franchise end with a game that combines all of the regions into one, no matter how MANY the developers decide to make. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre (can't forget that), Sinnoh etc. all into one. Plus all of the heroes that made the games possible. Red, Hiro, Wes, Lucas/Dawn, uhm... the Hoenn guy. It'd be cool. Plus all of the bad teams rolled into one, and all of the Gyms you'd have to face. I think the 5th/6th/7th and so on Generations WILL be mediocre, but the ending has the potential to be something great.

Outer Space game... cool, but too extreme if it gets out of hand.

Back