• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation Game

superaipom

They do exist...
Years
  • First off, I'm sorry CloudXx and everyone, I was still talking about raiph. My apologies.

(Hmm... it seems as though he uses the same exact form of typing as Raiph did... "fk", "fking", "2"... :O!).

But seriously, what's done is done. Just continue the topic as normal... he's gone, you don't have to keep ranting on about him (in post... PM/AIM is fine).

I was thinking about an Outer Space thing. I've seen a LOT of people posting about that idea both in this 5th Gen spec. and Platinum spec. thread. Personally, I think it would be awesome if it was done, but then I think that it's just too... out there, you know? Like, there are SO MANY possibilities for the developers if they go with space. New Planets, New Creatures, New Life forms, new ANYTHING, but it can kinda wear down after a while. Plus it's REALLY easy to mess up. If you get too creative, you rick losing the whole fan base completely, but if you keep it the same as always, they'll still leave. It's cool if Nintendo... actually GAMEFREAK if I'm not mistaken... does a few Outer Space games, but then sometime it will have to come back down to Earth. Literally.

I want to see the Pokemon franchise end with a game that combines all of the regions into one, no matter how MANY the developers decide to make. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre (can't forget that), Sinnoh etc. all into one. Plus all of the heroes that made the games possible. Red, Hiro, Wes, Lucas/Dawn, uhm... the Hoenn guy. It'd be cool. Plus all of the bad teams rolled into one, and all of the Gyms you'd have to face. I think the 5th/6th/7th and so on Generations WILL be mediocre, but the ending has the potential to be something great.

Outer Space game... cool, but too extreme if it gets out of hand.
    I agree with practically everything you said. I would LOVE to see a space game. A whole clan of deoxys-like pokemon would be amazing. Who knows, maybe the upcoming deoxys event is just a tiny little hint of a possible 5th generation space game ehh? Anyway, I think Nintendo could take a space game anywhere they wanted.

I could not agree with you more on the combined regions. I have always wanted a game that combined all of the regions, it would make things a whole lot more
    convenient. I think it would also be cool if you could somehow customize your character like in PBR. I wish we could also pick your starter from a list of pokemon not just three pokemon.

So yeah, I basically agree with everything you said. Nice ideas!

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Super Pokemon... GALAXY!!! =O

Isn't it kind of hilarious that whenever somebody like CloudXX says, "ur offtopic!" they're ironically being off-topic as well? =P

Anyhow, I've already given most of my ideas on Gen. Five. But a few more outer-space Pokemon would be totally sweet. Alienmon! =D

I wouldn't mind a rather difference in setting (though setting it all in space would be a little extreme). Maybe an idea would be to split the game up into several mini-regions that you can travel between. Kind of like smaller countries to Kanto, Johto, etc. The main problem is how the gym system'd work; maybe badges would work interchangeably or something.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Super Pokemon... GALAXY!!! =O

Isn't it kind of hilarious that whenever somebody like CloudXX says, "ur offtopic!" they're ironically being off-topic as well? =P

Anyhow, I've already given most of my ideas on Gen. Five. But a few more outer-space Pokemon would be totally sweet. Alienmon! =D

I wouldn't mind a rather difference in setting (though setting it all in space would be a little extreme). Maybe an idea would be to split the game up into several mini-regions that you can travel between. Kind of like smaller countries to Kanto, Johto, etc. The main problem is how the gym system'd work; maybe badges would work interchangeably or something.

Offtopic? I Beg 2 differ my friend. I Believe you don't know what your talking about.

Anyway i guess a space pokemon game would be nice, I'd love 2 see a pokemon game that takes place in space but at the same time it does feel kinda stupid. I Mean space? Sounds a little hokey if you ask me. I'd prefer maybe a game that takes place in the past or future. That'd be rly nice and i think it'd be awsm. And being able 2 time travel i think it would make a great idea and if they ever were gonna make a 5th gen game, it would be real nice if it was a time travel-ish game. It would be nice being able 2 jump from the past, 2 the present and future. But a 5th gen game would be unlikely, it's still plausible.

Btw call me cloud.

Years
  • Those of you who think they will drop pokemon because they made Arceus the god of it are probably wrong. Wasn't Ho-oh the god of pokemon not to long ago? They stress this more and more each time. I mean what if Arceus decided he wanted to create more pokemon?

And have they even released Arceus yet?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Oi, yeah. We ARE getting a bit ahead of ourselves. Arceus hasn't been released, and neither has Platinum... and yet here we are predicting stuff about 5th gen :). I guess it's never too early to start.

Back on the subject of a multi-region game. Maybe it could be like GTA? No... not Gangster Pokemon with pistols shooting others because of a drug deal gone wrong, I mean like the way you move from Point A to Point B. You just pull up the map, pick a town in any region, and BAM, you're there! It would make travel a lot easier, and you could explore regions a lot faster. I know flying essentially does the same thing... wait, what was my point again?

Another thing I've always wanted in a Pokemon game was the addition of towns from the anime. I personally think the games need more towns with fun stuff to do, rather than more towns with either a Contest (which I never really liked), or a Gym. Or the developers could add the Orange Islands on the map if they ever made a multi-region game. For instance, I believe Ash had to win an Orange Island badge by beating one of the leaders in a Lapras race. Now wouldn't that be fun to do in-game? It's something brand new, and you're not just strolling around for hours battling wild Pokemon.

ALSO! can't I just call him raiph? ... I'm not that mean or judging of people... just pick one :D.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I wonder what Pokémon Platinum Version is going to be like. It's the third game of the DS ones and the sequel to D/P.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Platnium is probably the same thing as d/p just with giratina's origin form and shaymin's sky form and maybe a few new events and areas. Nothing 2 big.

superaipom

They do exist...
    Years
  • I do agree that a game that takes place in space would be, in my opinion, the stupidest thing that Nintendo and Gamefreak has ever done. No, I am not a total hippogrit, I just thought that a whole group of pokemon from space would be really cool.

I agree with 'BEN that arriving at a new town should be a new experience, a new journey, something...special. Not just, "Hey, what a surprise?! It's another gym!" Then going up to somebody "Hey, what else can you do in this town?" Person says, "Oh we have a contest arena, and over here we have....well...nothing. Why don't you turn your direction this way and...ooh, crap. Nothing." To me, battling gym leaders and doing contests gets boring. Well duh, of course you can't get rid of them, that would make pokemon...well, not pokemon. But Nintendo should make some new features, like something special you can do in each town.

I think Nintendo's creative juices are almost out. But I still think they can squeeze at the least, one more generation out of them. I found the storyline to be pretty blan in D/P. I hope Nintendo can make storylines, pokemon, and new features a little more...creative I guess, in a possible 5th generation game. I wish Nintendo would take a huge risk, go out on a limb, and make something so random and different from what they have done in the past wih pokemon games. I am just, what's the word, umm....bored. If Nintendo can't excite us again, I think they can possibly lose their pokemon fanbase. And that combined with lack of creativity, could end pokemon life as we know it. FOREVER!!
    Ha! That was so much fun to say!

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    For a 5th gen game I'd like to see the pokemon actually attacking xD Like a Jigglypuff's pink paw doing the double slap, or water shooting from Blastoise's cannons.

Iono, just like personalized poke attacks would be amazing.

Gacs

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    Clothing customization would be nice. I don't expect them to let you pick your own trainer design, skin tone, eyes color and all that, just simple clothing customization. Perhaps buy clothes? Lol.

superaipom

They do exist...
    Years
  • Clothing customization would be nice. I don't expect them to let you pick your own trainer design, skin tone, eyes color and all that, just simple clothing customization. Perhaps buy clothes? Lol.
    Yeah I wish they could do that too. But I seriously doubt it. The game cards are crammed enough. I don't think there will ever be any way to customize your character even though that would be pretty radical. (F.Y.I.- I'm trying to bring back the word radical, for no reason. Please help me out!) Buying clothes could be a possibility. But I don't think the clothes could be too complicated, otherwises the game cards might not be able to handle all of that information and pixels and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    But that brings up another point. I remember someone saying that Nintendo might not be using all of the DS card's memory. Maybe they just put in what they want, then ship it half-full. I don't know, but if someone could figure A.) How much memory the cards actually hold and B.) How much memory it takes to make a Pokemon game, then we could see if it's actually POSSIBLE to make a 3 or 4 region game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Dunno ur right i guess they're creativity is seriously on the low side. All of the pokemon games are the same: beat the gyms, beat down the evil team, capture the legendary, go hit the pokemon league. What happened 2 the fun times of pokemon? It's just so black and white now, just plain boring. If nintendo is gonna make a 5th gen game, they better go out with a bang becuz it better be something good other then the usual we always see i nevery pokemon game. The ranger series wasn't bad i'll admit, but they're creativity has seriously gone down. If and when they're gonna make a 5th gen game, im expecting high standards and it better be something worth paying 49.99$ for.

superaipom

They do exist...
    Years
  • I'm sure if Gamefreak wanted to put a lot of the new features that we're talking about (Multi-region maps, space gameplay, being able to customize character, and other gameplay besides gyms and contests) into one gamecard, I'm sure they would do it. 'BEN, I did hear that somewhere too. (after I made my last post) I find it hard to believe though. If Gamefreak/Nintendo has a full game-card to work with, don't you think they would use the whole thing? Why would they only use half if they could add so much more.

Years
  • Thats why i think they hould make it for the Nintendo WII much more fun and you can decide where your pokemon should attack *Area of the body* of the rivals body.

Back