• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation of Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    No matter how many games they make, i'll play them all. A 5th generation would be awesome, but I doubt they would have the ideas for creating pokemon. They've made so many that their creations will go downhill. What will be next? Another Butterfly or a frige. Come on!
    Ah! you obviously haven't seen Rotom's new Frost form from Platinum ;)

They will probably release another remake of RSE first, like Firered and Leafgreen before a 5th generation comes out. I personally think they should improve the games more before even starting the production of a new generation.
    But what about G/S/C Huh! HUH!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Well, there's no doubt that they're always going to come up with new creatures as well as new regions alongside new generations.

That's just the whole cycle of Pokémon, and as long as it keeps making money, I don't think it's ever going to be stopped by Nintendo.

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
    Years
    I would really like them to make the next season to travel back to the Jhoto region...but most say that they have no real reason to go back to the jhoto...Oh and I would love to see a remake of the Hoenn games and the Kanto games for the DS or something...THAT WOULD BE WICKED! But I would really enjoy it if they create a new verson of G/S/C b4 they create a 5th Gen..but I will always continue along with pokemon until it falls, or until I fall....I've kept up with it since the first show and games, I'm not giving up just YET!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I was acually timed and named all 493 in 2 minutes.Anyweh i would love it. And i hope it links a second region in 6 gen and then completes the colosso landmass of the johto/kanto and whatever is north area. And i know that next gen amythest/topaz/opal with the games. Otherwise i dont know what would be the game.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm honestly not sure about whether or not there will be a fifth generation of Pokémon, mostly for the following two reasons:

1). Why would they create the God of all Pokémon and continue with a new batch of creatures? To me (and a lot of other people, I have to admit), Arceus signified the end of Pokémon. Not the franchise of course, but new additions of Pocket Monsters to it.

2). If there were going to be new Pokémon created, would they not just show off some new ones and promote the fifth generation by making a minority of them available in the new Platinum version? I know that if I was in control of the franchise, that would definitely look like the strongest marketing scheme, anyways. Instead, fourth generation Pokémon are getting alternate forms. Does that or does that not also signify that Pokémon has come to an end?

If there is going to be a fifth generation of Pokémon and I'm not saying I want one (in fact, I would be extremely happy without one. If they made an evolution/pre-evolution of Farfetch'd or any other Pokémon from the golden era, I would boycott the franchise completely), the game as we know it needs to change. No, I don't mean that it needs to be improved. We already have enhanced graphics and a great battle system with Pokémon Diamond, Pearl & Platinum, I mean that Pokémon needs to go in a completely new direction regarding the games. I'm pretty sure that nearly everyone is getting bored of being a trainer, going out, winning gym badges, taking on an evil organisation, saving the world and becoming the Pokémon champion. Maybe making the game 3-D is the right direction, I don't know, all I know is that the games have to change.

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure a fifth generation would be an epic fail. Of course, just because no one likes it doesn't mean they won't receive a fortune for making the same old games with minor changes. Pokémon is a goldmine and it's going to stay that way for a very long time.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Rekhyt, you have SOME point but also disagree with you some ways. There goes another +rep during my happy moment.

Prevos? We have enough, unless they can make more Pichus without disjointing crwativity, damn that. A 3D game WOULD BE AWSOME. And it is more than possible if the next Handheld system had AT LEAST mild GC graphics, don't worry, if they don't, they'll make movement PokeRanger Style. Phantom Hourglass was a miserable attempt at DS 3D Graphics. But if you consider the GBA,GBC, and GB, and their advancement, the 3D wish is accomplished.

NEW THINGS, that's what most want to see in the next games. But what the hell? Weren't Pokemon Contests enough for yee!? If the music got changed to some rock, actually make Pokemon physically contact, and make an MMORPG mode, this would be the best godamn game I'll ever play.

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    Okay so we have traveled through 4 generations already...Do you think Nintendo will make it on to the 5th generation? I mean what'll come after the Sinnoh? What new pokemon are in store for us to discover???

well of course we didnt even expect johto at first they just keep doing this but oyu konw that before a fifth generation is made they will come out with

platinum(sinnoh)
    remake of metal generation for ds (gold silver crystal)
    then they will make a super version where you may travel between all 4 regions you may get 32 gym badges and have a chance too catch all the pokemon then they will make 2 new games for the fifth generation which will only be one region and they will have 50-150 new pokemon

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    In my opinion When they make the 5th gen I think they need to chang the game a liitle i'm bored of the whole go throuh and get bagdes and blah blah blah.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Why are you guy's even asking this, there will 100% be a 5th gen of Pokemon, D/P brought back alot of Pokemon fans that left not long after the release of G/S/C, also you only need to look at Nintendo's track record to see Pokemon isn't going anywhere, i mean Mario and Zelda have been going for longer than Pokemon and they havn't changed the formular much for the two in all there years and Mario and Zelda will continue that way, and with Pokemon selling as good (if not better) than Mario and Zelda titles, i don't see Nintendo dropping it or even changing the main formula for a LONG LONG time (hey when Nintendo get somthing good they milk it dry and then milk it some more).

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    Okay so we have traveled through 4 generations already...Do you think Nintendo will make it on to the 5th generation? I mean what'll come after the Sinnoh? What new pokemon are in store for us to discover???

Yeah they will, they make billions of dollar off of this game, do you think they're gonna quit now?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Rekhyt, you have SOME point but also disagree with you some ways. There goes another +rep during my happy moment.

Prevos? We have enough, unless they can make more Pichus without disjointing crwativity, damn that. A 3D game WOULD BE AWSOME. And it is more than possible if the next Handheld system had AT LEAST mild GC graphics, don't worry, if they don't, they'll make movement PokeRanger Style. Phantom Hourglass was a miserable attempt at DS 3D Graphics. But if you consider the GBA,GBC, and GB, and their advancement, the 3D wish is accomplished.

NEW THINGS, that's what most want to see in the next games. But what the hell? Weren't Pokemon Contests enough for yee!? If the music got changed to some rock, actually make Pokemon physically contact, and make an MMORPG mode, this would be the best godamn game I'll ever play.

Hm, you didn't really read my post properly. I said that I was against the creation of any new pre-evolutions or evolutions of Pokémon we've known for the last few generations.

As for your point on 3-D games; we already have Pokémon XD and Colosseum for that. A 3-D Pokémon game on the DS or anything of that sort would probably be an epic failure. If Nintendo are going to make a new 3-D game, it'll be for the Wii.

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    basicly nintendo is going too keep making new games for their classic characters i mean "mario and sonic olypic games" i mean seriosly =they are just going to keep sucking this like a vampire until it runs dry! our children will play pokemon this fad will never end and soon they will have pokemon ultimate baseball for the wii they will kill it eventually but enjoy the game until then!

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Although Gamefreak and Nintendo are clearly running out of ideas, chances are there will most likely be a fifth generation anyways.
    We should be expecting to see:

A generic bird bokemon.

A generic annoying rodent pokemon that pops up practically everywhere.

Even more baby pokemon, such as the long awaited Kangaskan child.

A Pikachu clone.

A bunch of usless filler pokemon, like Luvdisk and Dunsparce that serve nothing but to make it harder to "catch them all".

A new previously undiscovered glitch pokemon that is can only be obtained by hacking.

A bunch of cheap knockoff pokemon that are bassed of of other pokemon.

A horribly gimicky pokemon with so many formes that you can't decide which one to get.

A bunch of other bizarre pokemon that are bassed on inanimate objects, like cardboard boxes and nails.

A single, over-rated pokemon that's the highlight of the generation.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Well since Ausadriel closed mine, what do you think the 5th gen equlivelent to Dialgqa and Palkia will be like?

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I think maybe the 5th generation should have more fire type pokemon...hmm I wonder what NEW pokemon they would make?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back