• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation Poll

Do you think they should make a 5th generation?

• Yes

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Pokemon has made millions, if not billions of dollars, and Pokemon is at one of its high-times right now. Just becuase they made Arceus, the god of all pokemon, doesn't mean that its the end of Pokemon as we know it.

Listen, Nintendo is pull'n in so much money from Pokemon its rediculous. So, with all that money com'n in, the'yre not going to come up and say -

"Uh, yeah, no more Pokemon, were done, bye-bye, have a nice day!"

No, no way in hell. If Nintendo did that, that would probably be considered the most stupidest thing they ever done in all of video game history. There is too much money to being made just to stop. Pokemon will go on, I'm betting it will even make it past 1000 pokemon, no joke.

Okay, Pokemon video games for one console, the DS, is just a fraction of the money Pokemon has made. Nintendo hold Pokemon Events in several locations throughout one year alone, Pokemon makes games for different consoles than any Handheld, and they don't have any new Pokemon in it. Pokemon has a manga, an anime, toys, and so much more, they could just keep making games without any new Pokemon, and players would buy it. Nintendo has made it great for them--Pokemon is huge in the gaming section, and people notice that graphics a lot. FRLG was a great hit, and it didn't have any new Pokemon at all. It was all graphics. Nintendo could get away with making new Pokemon games without any new Pokemon. Which is why I'm willing to bet that the next games coming out will be DP's third version, and even possibly a GSC remake for the DS. After a while they might be getting new ideas, but I still stand strong by my Arceus assumption.

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    Okay, Pokemon video games for one console, the DS, is just a fraction of the money Pokemon has made. Nintendo hold Pokemon Events in several locations throughout one year alone, Pokemon makes games for different consoles than any Handheld, and they don't have any new Pokemon in it. Pokemon has a manga, an anime, toys, and so much more, they could just keep making games without any new Pokemon, and players would buy it. Nintendo has made it great for them--Pokemon is huge in the gaming section, and people notice that graphics a lot. FRLG was a great hit, and it didn't have any new Pokemon at all. It was all graphics. Nintendo could get away with making new Pokemon games without any new Pokemon. Which is why I'm willing to bet that the next games coming out will be DP's third version, and even possibly a GSC remake for the DS. After a while they might be getting new ideas, but I still stand strong by my Arceus assumption.

Lol, you love my thread dont you Marz? Well I dont know what game to play. Im almost convinced to play Diamond, (unless new games come out which everyone says, like a 5th generation) and I also want to play crystal, but I know the internal battery will die and ill lose my adventure...Dont want that to happen either.

Your a great guy Marz, you got any advice for me? I wish I could believe that your Arceus assumption was the one that was true...It makes sense, but I just cant bring myself.....

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Hello ive read about half of this thread so far and i get the point. If nintendo is realeasing a fifth generation,id be happy,but if they stopped it at fourth generation without saying anything id be really bumme out. Im about elleven and i have liked pokemon since i was three and started with yellow,then i soon got every other pokemon game over the years. I really do hope they make a new generation! XD

OH AND THIS MIGHT BE A REAL SHOCKER BUY THEY ARE ALREADY MAKING A GOLD AND SILVER REMAKE FOR THE DS! THEY ANNOUNCED IT SOMEWHERE,A GUY POSTED A LINK SOMEWHERE ON THIS WEBSITE ALONG WITH PICTURES OF THE GAME CARTRIDGE! IM SO EXITED!!!!

Angelix

You are a pirate!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2007
    Also, I feel sorry for those out there who dont have a DS for the new games. I also think its very stupid if they come out with the next RPG for the Wii. What about those who cant afford a Wii? These are just my opinions, but whatever. Im a pokemon perfectionist, and it sucks.

I also feel sorry for those people who didn't have GBA for R/S/E, or those who can't get Wii's for the games they want. That's a really bad point to try and establish >_>;;

which misses roughly 120-130 Johto Pokemon.

You DO realise that there were less than that many Johto Pokemon, right?

And to the guy above, they were more than likely fake. Unless you can back it with the actual website and images.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 24, 2007
    Well it's pretty obvious that it'll happen with how big the fanbase is and how much money they can make from it. I voted for no, though. I think Pokemon peaked at the 3rd Gen, and it's starting to get a bit old making new Pokemon all the time just for the sake of it.

PokeWarped

Master of Random
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2007
    I am NEVER going to belive this balonga.
    1. Mew is classified as "Ancestor of all Pokemon" in D/P, and so is Arceus. That means Captain Arcane is right.
    2. GSC only needs a remake because there is only one way to get the Jhoto Starters to D/P. Emerald.

I'm ashamed you call yourselves Pokemon Fans. You're literally trying to turn us agianst Pokemon. Why is the world so cruel to pixelated animals? -sob-

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    2. GSC only needs a remake because there is only one way to get the Jhoto Starters to D/P. Emerald.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but they can be obtained in Colosseum and XD, and traded to R/S, without needing an Emerald at all.

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    i vote yes, but like i say in all these 5th gen polls/questions i want no more pokemon for at least one gen.

what i want is a g/s/c style game where you get to do every region available. i want to go to kanto, johto, hoenn and sinnoh, and at some point along the way, the orange islands.

what ever happened to teh orange islands? thay had a whole freakin' season dedicated to them in the series, and then they get shunned from the games in favor of johto in g/s/c

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
    I think a 5th generation of games, but not of the actual Pokemon. There are around 500. I'd have been content with chucking the 3rd generation, and keeping the 4th instead. That would have been enough Pokemon for me.

I DO think that there should be new regions, and new starters (the only new Pokemon), with all of the Pokemon from the older generations.

I also think that Game Freak should focus on creating a more RP-revolving Pokemon handheld game for the 5th generation. The previous games haven't really had much plot until RSE, which was borderline weak. I really think they need one with a good storyline and plot that can be followed. I mean, even Orre wasn't a strong plot - and that was essentially a plot-based game.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    if you think about it... every generation of pokemon games have come with a new portable console. R/B/Y had Gameboy, G/S/C had Gameboy Color, R/S/E had Gameboy Advanced and D/P/? have Nintendo DS.

with that being said... i really don't think they are sure that they will make a 5th gen. i'm well sure they have concepts in development right now, but it'll be years before the third installment of D/P comes out and years before the next portable gaming device for Nintendo becomes publicized.

m

Years
    I am NEVER going to belive this balonga.
    1. Mew is classified as "Ancestor of all Pokemon" in D/P, and so is Arceus. That means Captain Arcane is right.

I'm ashamed you call yourselves Pokemon Fans. You're literally trying to turn us agianst Pokemon. Why is the world so cruel to pixelated animals? -sob-

Not meaning to be mean, but whats your problem? You can have your opinions, but we are NOT trying to turn people against pokemon. We just think that the generations should end here. Well about 1/3 of us atleast. I have gotten every pokemon game so far exept battle revolution, and I dont think you shouldnt call me a Pokemon fan because of my 1 opinion. You shouldnt call ANY of us a non-pokemon fan just because of our opinions.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    What would it evolve into? Luvgar? Heartdisc? There could be a whole thread devoted to this...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    It would still be useless. *Blaziken used ember! Luvdisc fainted!* That was a little exagerated, but that's how useless it is (and to think the last gym leader in R/S has one. Shiver! At this rate the pokedex will turn into a supercomputer! The new pokemon have to stop, and I love pokemon. I would love a gold and silver remake though!

m

Years
    It would still be useless. *Blaziken used ember! Luvdisc fainted!* That was a little exagerated, but that's how useless it is (and to think the last gym leader in R/S has one. Shiver! At this rate the pokedex will turn into a supercomputer! The new pokemon have to stop, and I love pokemon. I would love a gold and silver remake though!

Anti-Pop, I feel the same way. Even though Luvdisc was cute, it wasnt that great in battle. Atleast they can hold heart scales, but with the Sinnoh Underground, theres no need.

Last edited:
    Years
    well, lets just say this: i HOPE! now anywho, they already made 490 pokemon (well, thats wat muh stradegy guide says. isnt there 3 more?) but why stop there?

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    of course i do! it be cool if they can base them on Registeels DS fakedex XD

BoBoMaster13

Shiny and Event Collecter
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 4, 2010
    I hope they make a 5th Generation with all new pokemon and the ability to travel between regions so there is more to do.

Back