• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Generation: Where Will They Go From Here?

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    If they take the time to think up good new Pokemon (and like you said, better designs) I might be okay with new ones. I don't like 3rd and especially the 4th. xD
    Maybe we'll get a mixture. A few new Pokemon and a few more evolutions. There are several Pokemon out there that need another evolution...but I'd still like some of them not to have one. :)

I liked the fourth generation. I didn't like the third generation so much. >_<

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2007
    good idea. However, we need to start introducing fourth-stage evo's

No. Quality over quantity. It'd throw everything off balance because fourth gen attacks would have to be in the 500's and we'd need to give so many more pokemon evolutions or they would get slaughtered.

Or, we'd just have crummy fourth evo's and it would be boring.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
    My prediction:

Eventually, they will run out of idea for pokemon, so they will be stuck making even more evolutions and pre-evolutions and making remakes of the older games. Pokemon probably won't end literally, but it will lose most of it's 'spark' and interest as the decades go by. (And I have absolutely no clue how many generations that'll be!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2007
    My prediction:

Eventually, they will run out of idea for pokemon, so they will be stuck making even more evolutions and pre-evolutions and making remakes of the older games. Pokemon probably won't end literally, but it will lose most of it's 'spark' and interest as the decades go by. (And I have absolutely no clue how many generations that'll be!)

I think if they were creative they could go for a pretty damn long time (1000 or so). But they're just getting lazy.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I'm just waiting to see this:
    Brock: Ash! What does the Pokédex say about the number of Pokémon there are?!
    Ash: IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!

My prediction is that:
    We'll end up with "Light" type Pokémon
    Pokémon that are based on random vegetables. CARROTAR! I CHOOSE YOU!
    More branched evolutions!
    4th Evolutions
    Pokémon...from space...again!
    Pokémon that look like other video game characters. I can't wait to catch Metroid and Goomba!

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Well, if arceus is a God pokemon, there could be a "Devil" pokemon. Although I doubt that that would make it into pokemon, and I'm not really sure I'd want it in anyways.

They wouldn't do it unless they wanted to finish Pokemon without the fans been mad at them for it, because they would be getting like 200+ emails/letters a second complaining about it that they just wouldn't be able to go on and Pokemon would stop.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Well sweeties, I'm just waiting to see this:
    Brock: Ash! What does the Pokédex say about the number of Pokémon there are?!
    Ash: IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!

My prediction is that:
    We'll end up with "Light" type Pokémon
    Pokémon that are based on random vegetables. CARROTAR! I CHOOSE YOU!
    More branched evolutions!
    4th Evolutions
    Pokémon...from space...again!
    Pokémon that look like other video game characters. I can't wait to catch Metroid and Goomba!

WHAT NINE THOUSAND?!

I think next generation there will be Pokemon based off the planets. :D

Vendour

Water & Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    I doubt it considering Digimon is a rip-off of Pokemon.

We have some based on planets already, Solrock and Lunatone.

Uranus pokemon please. (lol)

I didn't know the sun and moon were planets. Lol.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    They really don't have anywhere to go except maybe make a remake or G/S/C then probaly a Pokemon MMORPG, but that's just my opinon on the topic

Lawl, Pokemon MMORPG.

Prince Tyrani'Thas used Earthquake.
    Prince Tyrani'Thas' Earthquake crits Blissey for 50383.

Blissey has fainted.
    Your armor suffers a 10% durability loss.
    [Party][Trainer]: dam gaiz i jus got pwned lol. he lyk 1 shooted me, omg OP!!!
    [Party][Friend]: lol noob QQ

[3. LocalDefense - Mount Silver][Hardcore]: w00t! we downed t3h boss, we r l33t, server first screenshots evry1 [Metronome] and [Soothe Bell] dropd. dam bad loots :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Lawl, Pokemon MMORPG.

Blissey has fainted.

[3. LocalDefense - Mount Silver][Hardcore]: w00t! we downed t3h boss, we r l33t, server first screenshots evry1 [Metronome] and [Soothe Bell] dropd. dam bad loots :(

Why haven't they created a computer game with pokémon yet? ^^
    Because it's directed mainly to little kids who rather want to carry around their little world in a tiny machine instead of sitting in front of a heavy can of metal?

Shiraishi

Orz
    Years
    Lawl, Pokemon MMORPG.

Blissey has fainted.

Best-post-EVER. I think by time we get an MMORPG, I'll be in my 20s. And I'm 14 right now :[

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2008
    I didn't know the sun and moon were planets. Lol.

They aren't, the moon is just a rock that orbits around the planet, and the sun is a star.

By the way 9000 is a lot, by 5th generation it could be over 600 species. 9000 just seems to much

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I doubt it considering Digimon is a rip-off of Pokemon.

We have some based on planets already, Solrock and Lunatone.

Uranus pokemon please. (lol)

umm pokemon ripped off digimon, pokemon just wound up more popular

Back