• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6 year old's 911 call mistaken for prank

Guest123_x1

They're letting her keep her job because of her "long hard years of service". I've heard that the family's layer is going to go after her though, and not the city itself.
    Seniority should NOT play a factor in whether or not she should keep her job. It is the way she conducted business that should be the factor here.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    This is saddening. I've seen the video and they've actually shown the recording. In the phone call, the operator asks to speak with the mother...?

The boy (obviously, WHO WOULDN'T with a response like that >>;) just hanged up saying "URGH!".

Doesn't this show a bit of stupidity?

Jet Enduro

Roxasauce
    Years
    Heard about this on the news, the operator should at the very least get fired. I wish she could get charges pressed upon her, but... :/ If a child calls 911 twice, he more than likely isn't kidding. Kids of the future know of better pranks to pull >.>

And it's not like it's a problem for her to send an ambulance over there. Not like Detroit is short on them D:

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    That person whoever took that call is brainless, what 6 year old would say that their mother has collapsed and joke about it ? It just wouldn't happen, I thought the 999/911 were their to save peoples lives etc. but instead they just sit around loafing that it was a prank. It's just plain stupid, that person should be fired because clearly they cannot be trusted to do their job right.

I feel really sad for the boy, he listened and he done the right thing he was taught and used it for the right reason.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    The operator should not only be fired, but arrested and charged with manslaughter. As an operator your job is to take the 911 calls seriously, not just dismiss one from a kid as a prank. Guilty, ten years in prison, $100,000 fine. Get it? Automatic.

Yukimura

Lady of the Dark Void
    Years
    This isa really sad thing to hear about.
    Till now i did not know about this.
    I don't know of really any 6 year oldes that would call. Many would be up set becouse they could not wake their mother or really not think about it and think she is sleeping.
    For a adult to think it is a joke show how things are getting.
    People are becomeing less trusting and now has the chance of costing people their lives.

*sigh*

Guest123_x1

Yukimura said:
    This isa really sad thing to hear about.
    Till now i did not know about this.
    I don't know of really any 6 year oldes that would call. Many would be up set becouse they could not wake their mother or really not think about it and think she is sleeping.
    For a adult to think it is a joke show how things are getting.
    People are becomeing less trusting and now has the chance of costing people their lives.

*sigh*
    In this politically over-correct world, no one can be trusted anymore.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    That's one of the most terrible things I've ever read. I know that prank calls do go through to the emergency number, but operators have a responsibility to treat all calls as serious until otherwise proven. I don't think that's ever happened here in Australia, and I sure as hell hope that it doesn't.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    I think you guys are being a bit unfair to the operator.
    911 gets plenty of prank calls by people who think it's funny to make people get all worked up, and since many of them are kids she probably assumed he was the same.
    Still, I think she should have been more responsible and tried to look into the situation to see if it was a prank or not. She could have asked the boy questions about his mother's condition and whatnot instead of shunning his call completely.
    Telling him to get an adult is ridiculous since if there WAS an adult there he or she would have mostly likely called instead of the boy.

I have one question about the whole thing though.
    Why did the kid wait three hours to try to call back?
    Was he scared or too ashamed? I know that if my mom was dying or fainted or something, I'd be calling 911 until they listened to me. Either that or I'd call another relative or something.
    I guess I really can't accuse the kid since I don't know his situation very well, but I still have to wonder why he waited so long.

Back