• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#87 - Pokéspecial [Voting]

Your winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    me2hack

Stock

BinaryPeaches

Stock

Derozio

Stock

aSeRo141414

Stock

Roswell

Stock

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Dezza got my vote.

Sorry Tara. ;;

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    I liked Derozio's first one that apparently didn't make it into the contest >.<

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I liked Derozio's first one that apparently didn't make it into the contest >.<
    Well, apparently that entry had some issues regarding the relevancy to the theme. That's why it wasn't considered, probably. But yeah, I loved that one moar too. XD;

I might vote soon. :3
    And glad to know you guys liked it. <3

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    They are all so cool, but Derozio's signature stands out from the rest. He got my vote. :3 I'm so glad I'll be using that. =D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...although I don't usually vote, I decided to for once!

I voted for BinaryPeaches. Although everyone seems to be going for Derozio's, personally, something doesn't feel right about it. It feels like there are too many effects added or something. Overall, idk...I just dislike it. The white space at the side annoys me, too. BinaryPeaches, however, turned a boring image into something that looks nostalgic and based on the pose - looks like he's reflecting upnon life, leaving the image, I dunno, I thought that it was a really creative spin on an otherwise boring image.

Years
    I'd have to agree with Nica for this one. I can see what Derozio was trying to do; pretty much slapping on effects to try and create depth, but there are several nitpicks about his entry that has actually put me off of voting for it. First being the low quality render, the JPEG debris that dilutes the colours is quite obvious and ruins the impact of the image, not only that, I find the colours lacking presence and vibrancy, one area that could be worked upon in future graphic pieces.

However, BinaryPeaches' entry brims a simplistic kind of aesthetic that appeals greatly to me. It's also very artistic, you can envision the piece like a canvas of smothered paint. The textures and the mark-making used are very pleasing to look at and the overall colour tint works very well with the render. I love the art she chose for her entry and I believe with the materials she has used they both work very well together. She has definitely earned my vote.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Going to have to agree with Nica and Christina on this one, Derozio's looks far overdone and is not that great looking, so I did went ahead and voted for BinaryPeaches, it's bright, colorful, and just simply well made.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Peaches deserved it this week. Nothing grabbed my attention greatly, but hers was the one that flowed most. Dero's, - with the oddly high number of votes - is just far too messy and there's conflicting style. Paper render, deep background? Makes no sense. Clipping masks made it messy as did the overflow of effects.

I think Peaches could have brought out the render more, but really, it's the most tasteful piece. It emanates far more artistic value.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back