• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

___ for Smash!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Picture this: Masahiro Sakurai barges into your home without warning, and asks for your opinion on who the next fighter(s) for Super Smash Bros. should be (as DLC for Ultimate or the next hypothetical installment, it doesn't really matter). Who's your pick? Why are they your pick? What would they bring to the table? Do you have any moveset ideas?

My first pick would be Tinkaton. Considering that Tinkaton is the most popular Generation IX Pokémon, it seems like a no-brainer for it to join the roster if Smash 6 ever comes into fruition. Plus, hammers are just fun weapons, you know?
    Spoiler:

My second would be Ichiban Kasuga from Yakuza: Like a Dragon. I know I've mentioned Yakuza a lot in this forum, but I just wanted to get this out there. We know that Kiryu can't join because that would entail him beating up women, and while Ichiban has never actually fought a woman (at least one who's human), he'd seem more likely to do so if the situation called for it.
    Spoiler:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Ooooh, nice thread here!

I believe we need more classic/retro/iconic video game characters in because some of the omissions are a little... baffling. Back when I was following the Ultimate DLC cycle, I really wanted Sir Arthur from Ghosts 'n' Goblins, Crash Bandicoot, Taizo Hori/Dig Dug, and Lara Croft fron Tomb Raider to become playable fighters, for example. For a hypothetical next installment after Ultimate, maybe some of the representation that is already there in the form of Assist Trophies or background characters could become playable as well - Alucard from Castlevania, Zero from MMX (although I moreso want X himself to be honest 😘), Bomberman, Saki Amamiya from Sin and Punishment (though his son Isa Jo could stand in for him as well), and most importantly, Mimikyu, my little baby boy!

Although... I wouldn't be opposed to having characters from newer videogames in as well, if that means we can get characters like the horrible Goose, Miriam and/or Zangetsu from Bloodstained, or even Pawmot.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Too many to list. I could be here all day listing things honestly

But to create a short of a list as possible....

Klonoa
    ANY Digimon
    A Tales of character (hasn't been one at all yet. My vote would be Luke fon Fabre but most seem to want Lloyd for some reason)
    2B (Nier Automata)
    Any Final Fantasy character that isn't Cloud, Sephiroth or well-known (Cloud and Sephiroth is too easy. What about Tifa? Or Vivi? Or Tidus? Or Lightning? or Noctis? Or hell even Clive? [FFXVI])
    Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon or BOTH

That's just a small/minor list...

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
    Team Snakemouth! (bug fables)
    first of all, their mechanic can be like pokemon trainer, neutral special: would switch between leif kabbu and vi

side special: leif: icefall, summons a chunk of ice and shoot it in a controlled direction. Kabbu: Dash through: charge and the run around, similar to jigglypuffs rollout. vi beemerang toss, throws beemerang hold b to keep beemerang spinning in place.

down special: leif: bubble shield, like pit's down special but for 10 seconds and can walk around slowly and cant jump, 10 second cooldown. Kabbu: Bolder toss, would pick up a boulder out of the ground and throw it short range but doing massive damage. vi: needle toss, throws a needle that has a chance to put the opponent to sleep.

Up special: vi would carry kabbu and leif would be on a floating ice chunk similar recovery to duck hunt.

Final smash: Frost bowling vi, kabbu, and leif would go to the left of the screen and make the giant ice boulder and launching it sweeping the entire screen.

___ for Smash!

Years
    I would like to see more representatives of already established fighters in smash bros. For instance, I always wanted Grey Fox from Metal Gear Solid 1 to make it in ever since his assist trophy was added in brawl. His moveset would be both a swordsman and hand to hand, the basis of all combat, as he is seen using both in game. Down-B would be a stance change from sword to fists, and vice-versa. He also has a laser cannon for an arm by the end of his game so that could also work in his moveset. If Grey Fox is too forgettable as his last appearance was in MGS1 back in 1998, there's always Raiden from Metal Gear Rising which came out in 2013. I'd give him the same movelist.

One character I am surprised has not made it into Smash bros. is Dr. Eggman. Just have him play similar to Bowser Jr. but make him a ranged fighter. Have his up-B be similar to Sonic's, neutral B a cannon shot that can charge up, down-b summon an egg robot, and side-b he shoots rapid fire missiles that push him back.

The last character I would love to see is Squall Leonhart from Final Fantasy 8. Yet another swordsman but I was thinking make his neutral B similar to Shulk's. Squall would have 3 different styles to choose from called Guardian Forces like in game. They would include Ifrit which gives access to harder hitting B attacks and fire spells, Shiva giving access to defensive B attacks and ice spells, and lastly Quezacotl which gives access to fast hitting B attacks and electric spells.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I could go on and list a bunch of characters I want but..... its Golden Sun's Isaac. With Felix as his Echo Fighter. I've been wanting him in since Smash 4.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Cynthia, not like with her Garchomp. She will be similar to Ken/Kazuya just straight kickboxing w/ some judo and Garchomp is like the trainer cheering her on in the background. Her ultimate is her playing her piano theme and the pressure and force of the song pushes everyone like jigglys ultimate 👊

boyblunder

[span=“background:#dc4b3 8 url('https://i.imgur.co
    Years
    Spyro! Paula Jones from Earthbound! Goku! Alakazam! Sans!

Back