• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A bit of my PokeArt

Years
    I've been on a bit of a Poke-kick lately and have been drawing from the cards that my little brother has from the "olden days"

WARNING: I prefer drawings/colors/paints, rather than graphical art for myself. These are not perfect, and my scanner is kind of crappy... I'm just looking for a bit of constructive criticism and/or praise to stroke my artistic ego. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I do however, take constructive criticism quite well, so that is welcome.

I've recently gotten back into Pokemon and Drawing... so these are basically my practice images. Eventually I'd like to make battle scenes, and get a bit deeper into details. Now I have to figure out how to add images... *ponder ponder*

A bit of my PokeArt

A bit of my PokeArt

A bit of my PokeArt

More will be posted (if I get feedback, or requests to post more) as the thread goes on.

All of these are done starting with pencil, then outlined in black gel ink, and colored in with colored pencils.

Pokemon are property of Nintendo/WB/Ect.
    Images are property of myself, B. Vaubel

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Haha! There's sure a lot of talented people here in this Forum! That hand-draws you've made sure amaze me! Guess you're good at hand-draw skills! Keep it up! ;)

Years
    A bit of my PokeArt

That's probably my worst one... Just a really off day -.-

A bit of my PokeArt

Gotta have a Pikachu.

A bit of my PokeArt

I think I might make another picture of him when he's all angry with his marker haha.

Years
    Those are good but you should try to do different poses (it needs more skills and imagination).
    Please, post more.

Indeed. As I said, I'm basically just starting out here and drawing straight from cards or pictures, as I get more comfortable with drawing Pokemon I will draw them in different poses/battling, ect. Thank you for the critisism though :D

A bit of my PokeArt

A bit of my PokeArt

A bit of my PokeArt

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    Bulbasaur and Scyther are reeealy done well.

I like the shading done on Bulbasaur's seed.

These are quite impressive, keep up the good work.

ThePinkDragon

Rawrtastic!
    Years
    Machop's head is a bit big and Pikachu looks a little square. Other than that these are lovely! I have a lot of respect for an artist that still uses their hands and "primitive tools" to do artwork and do it well. Computer art is getting too mainstream, I am feeling so nostalgic seeing something hand-drawn that doesn't have an "Undo" button on it. Hand-drawing takes real talent! Keep it up!

Years
    PinkyD, I completely agree. I respect people who can do the computer art because it does take a bit of a steady hand, and a fair amount of talent, at least from what I know of using Photoshop or things like that. I only ever once made a graphic on the computer with Photoshop and I had to Youtube a video on how to make a forum sig. haha Turned out pretty well though.

A bit of my PokeArt

Paras looks a bit lopsided... but he's cuter than cute. I recently watched episode "The Problem With Paras" and he was adoreable! So I had to give it a shot.

A bit of my PokeArt

This was inspired by the movie case from "Mew VS Mewtwo" I had never actually seen Mew in an episode before, but he's pretty funny as far as being sneaky and bouncing around on the little pink psychic ball he can create.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Your Bulbasaur, Bidoof, Scyther, and Mew drawings caught most of my attention out of the whole selection. If I'm correct, I can see the subtle difference in colors within the shades of the drawings and it's always splendid to see the results of such a technique under this matter.

Don't be afraid to give your own poses and ideas a try, especially with pokemon. Nevertheless, your potential shown here only presents promising improvements if you intend to keep up the good work.

Years
    *blushes*
    Thank you so much! I do intend to continue that's for sure.
    The only reason I had stopped for a while is because life kinda took the front seat and took me for a ride.
    I've learned how to balance that, and make art a PART of my life, not separate ^.^

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2010
    I'm proud to say that I'm engaged with that fantastic artist making these!

And she also showed me this awesome site :D

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Aww, those are all so Kawaii :3
    nice drawings, I think the Paras, Bidoof, Scyther and Mew ones are the best.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    *blushes*
    Thank you so much! I do intend to continue that's for sure.
    The only reason I had stopped for a while is because life kinda took the front seat and took me for a ride.
    I've learned how to balance that, and make art a PART of my life, not separate ^.^

Yeah! I can see whats your point. You and I...Guess we're the same huh? I love drawing too! That looks on my Avatar Hibaru guy here! :D
    No worries! Your pictures are Great!

Years
    Here's a few more. Currently in progress is a squirtle and a charmander. I would say, mid-end of this month I'll start getting a little more creative with the drawings, just want to get the hang of Pokemon a little more before I start new poses/scenes ect.

A bit of my PokeArt

A bit of my PokeArt

This one's definitely my favorite. I'm not a fan of magikarp in particular... I just find his uselessness appealing for a picture.

I'm listening to Daughtry, and I'm completely bored, so I'm posting some more. Kinda browsing through the art... *yawn* maybe I'll sleep.

A bit of my PokeArt

A bit of my PokeArt

A bit of my PokeArt

Last edited:
    Back