• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Chao Life (help?)

PikaFreak

Five Dollar Foot Long.
    Years
    Hi, PikaFreak here.
    I could use some help.
    I am making a chao comic

Anyone and everyone is welcome.
    It's quite simple.
    But I warn you, this is going to be one long comic. ;)

So are you in?
    Or are you out?
    If you are out, I suppose you should leave, if you are in, keep reading.

Here's the plot(or a quick summary if you prefer):

4(one of the 4 is a baby so it doesn't really count just yet) chao are waiting for their mom to come back from the hospital in one year. There is Amy, Knuckles, Tails, and a baby chao soon to be named Sonic. They obviously can't take care of themselves so a foster parent has came to take care of them. How will this work out?

Here are the first 3 comics I have made:

Chapter 1 - The New Kid (this was my first comic chapter so it looks cheap)
    Spoiler:

Chapter 2 - Foster Parent (looking a little better)
    Spoiler:

Chapter 3 - Our New Daddy and Brother (looking at it's best and it will stay this way!)
    Spoiler:

Here's my sprite sheet I want you to use, but first, some rules:

Do NOT color the backround color any other color besides white

Do NOT use any other sprites besides these

Make sure you show me your ideas before posting it up here (PM me)

PM me if someone is not obeying these rules and/or is being rude to you

If you could, I would like it to be on MS Paint

Do everything you can to create a special scene that you can't make with these sprites, so go ahead and edit the sprites given

To get the main scene, take the small rectangular picture hanging crooked

Let me repeat: Do NOT post your ideas up here without my permission and my permission only

Spoiler:

Okay, to sign up to help me with this, all you have to do is ask me on this post!

Please HELP!

~PikaFreak
    (If I missed anything please tell) ;)

Years
    This needs a lot of work.

First off, your plot makes no sense. Like- at all. The text is difficult to read. There are no speech bubbles, the placement is erratic, and the dialogue is confusing and uses poor grammar. Your sprites are horrible quality, the white places on each one is turned transparent, many seem to have no outlines at all, they are bigger than the trees in the background, you use the same character repeatedly in each frame, and... again, confusing and poorly done. Also, the title is uninteresting and horribly unoriginal.

I would suggest you start over if you ever want anyone to take you seriously. Because they won't once they see those comics.

PikaFreak

Five Dollar Foot Long.
    Years
    Ok...
    I don't care.
    Like I said, I want to make alot so I'm not gonna care if it's bad "quality".
    Just go ahead and tell that junk to someone else who cares.
    Because obviously, I, don't.
    If nobody will help, fine.
    That's their problem, NOT, mine.
    I can do this by myself, it would just be nice if I could make it go faster with a little help!
    That's really all there is to it.
    This comic is not up for critisize and comment, it's up for fun and help.
    Stating, that I don't have any "special programs to make it look all fancy and what not.
    Go bother someone else for a while...
    I'm not in the mood.

~PikaFreak

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Ok...
    I don't care.
    Like I said, I want to make alot so I'm not gonna care if it's bad "quality".
    Just go ahead and tell that junk to someone else who cares.
    Because obviously, I, don't.
    If nobody will help, fine.
    That's their problem, NOT, mine.
    I can do this by myself, it would just be nice if I could make it go faster with a little help!
    That's really all there is to it.
    This comic is not up for critisize and comment, it's up for fun and help.
    Stating, that I don't have any "special programs to make it look all fancy and what not.
    Go bother someone else for a while...
    I'm not in the mood.

~PikaFreak

You don't need a fancy program to make amazing quality comics.
    I personally use Microsoft Paint for almost EVERYTHING.
    (I use Photoshop 6 for special effects when need be, but I don't make anything there. I just use the effect and I'm done.)

You're just going to discard quality because you want to make a lot of these?
    DUDE-
    That should be one of your top concerns.

Nobody really wants to read 230 or more comics of confusing & hard to read blocks of pictures with underacheiving sprites.

And refusing critisim because you "don't care".
    That, really, is pathetic.
    Constructive critism is a very resourceful thing, it's where experienced spriters and comic makers come to give advice on how you can improve your comic.
    So you can get BETTER.

And no comments?
    what they hell did you make this comic for anyway?
    Just to say "IT'S HERE, DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT! lololololololol"?

Crtisism and Comments are the things you get back from making a comic.
    You do comics for fun,
    and you see what other people think of them.
    If they like it, they also get fun out of it.

And they can't even tell you?
    How do you expect "help" when you're being stubborn about poor elements of your comic?

Grow up. Comic-making-ly.

Years
    If you don't care enough to create a good-quality comic, then why should anyone care enough to read it?

Having no other programs than paint is no excuse. Also, if you actually read the rules:
    Constructive Criticism
    This is something that is regarded very highly in this section. It's one thing to say, "I like it" or "Nah, it doesn't really appeal to me", but it's another to add why you don't like it. It's a lot more helpful and allows those who you are critiquing to understand the good/bad points of their work and improve upon them. For a more detailed guide into giving c+c, look here.

In addition, do not react harshly to someone's criticisms. In most cases, people are just trying to help you improve. Basically, if you can't take it, don't bother posting.

If you don't want criticism, then you shouldn't be posting here. :\

Years
    Im with these 2. Either take the critisism and get better so people will help. or dont take it and be the worst ever. (no offence)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    OK! I'LL TAKE THE DANG FREAKIN' CRITISIZIM!
    LIKE I SAID!, IT'S NOT UP FOR CRITISIZE, IT'S UP FOR HEEEELLLLPPP!
    One more outburst like this from you and I'm closing your thread and you may even face infraction.

IT'S NOT UP FOR CRITISIZE, IT'S UP FOR HEEEELLLLPPP!
    That's what criticism is. If you can't take it then don't post your comic.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
    I CAN take it I just don't like it.
    It's a waste of space. (JK XD)
    But anyway...
    I just want help!
    Just people... with helping deeds!
    I'll make my comics better by having help!
    I posted this up for help!
    I need help!

Why don't you improve on the work you do by yourself?
    By, I dunno...
    PRACTICE AND USING TIPS FROM C+C?

Geez.
    Critisim is not a waste of space,
    It's what you can improve upon.
    (I know you were JK'ing, but still.)

PikaFreak

Five Dollar Foot Long.
    Years
    Yeah I know.
    I was JK-ing.
    So you don't need to lecture me on it.

I REFUSE to make this an argue thread.
    So I am ending this prediciment.
    Now starting over.

...All the Stuff On the First Post...

Now I would really like the help.
    Please help me and have fun with it.

~PikaFreak

Weatherman Kiyoshi

Years
    Yeah I know.
    I was JK-ing.
    So you don't need to lecture me on it.

I REFUSE to make this an argue thread.
    So I am ending this prediciment.
    Now starting over.

...All the Stuff On the First Post...

Now I would really like the help.
    Please help me and have fun with it.

~PikaFreak

I said it just for the sake of saying it.
    I wasn't lecturing about it.

Why you think we are arguing is beyond me.
    Your outbursts and refusing critisism seems you are bringing it upon yourself.

Good luck with this,
    But I highly suggest you improve your own skill then ask for others to improve it for you.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I SAID...

No arguing no mores. :P

So...

Can someone please help me with this project?

They have helped you with crit, if you aren't gonna accept the crit then you aren't gonna learn, no one is gonna carry you and do work for you.

Cнαяcнιc

Banned
    Years
    You said you need help to make this comic better. The people above gave you help and you refused it? Why? And about the fact that you want to release more comics and do not care about how good they are, well it is more about quality than quantity. You can make hundreds of terrible comics or ten great ones, people will read the great ones and not even waste their time with the terrible ones.

First of all, your comic makes completely no sense, it is hard to know what the hell is going on, I mean, I have read random comics, but this is just chaotic, the same character like twenty times in one panel makes the comic hard to read also, it just looks like somebody was playing with sprites and dragging them round while holding shift. Also the transparency in what should be the white parts of the characters looks tacky.

You seriously need to listen to what people are saying because so far this comic is, 0.5 out of 10. Take all criticism into account and then when you make your next issue, it should be better, but if you refuse to listen, then there is no point explaining.

So yeah:

Originality: 0.5
    Backgrounds: 1
    Humor: 3 - The only funny part was when they explained the damage they had done to their mother o.O
    Sprites: 1
    Comic Overall: 1.5

Work on this :]

Charchic.

Years
    If you want transperent backgrounds around the sprites you use, go to Iaza, on the top right corner of all effects, you should see "Transparent" If there is a part of the sprite thats the same color as the background, take the whole sprite sheet, and make the background color a color not on the sprites. Then make the background transperent. then click on the picture and save it to desktop and replace it with the original.

There i gave you help, happy? (and im not joining till you make the comics good. and take my advice)

Years
    If you want transperent backgrounds around the sprites you use, go to Iaza, on the top right corner of all effects, you should see "Transparent" If there is a part of the sprite thats the same color as the background, take the whole sprite sheet, and make the background color a color not on the sprites. Then make the background transperent. then click on the picture and save it to desktop and replace it with the original.

There i gave you help, happy? (and im not joining till you make the comics good. and take my advice)
    That's completely unnecessary, and... incorrect. The backgrounds are disappearing with the white parts of the sprite. All she needs to do is use a different color background, like red or lime green, while moving the sprite onto the background.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    Pika is a she, and it is alot easier just to make the secondary color (whatever you have it as in Paint, most likely white) transparent when moving or selecting sprites to paster somewhere else.

Back