• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A collection of random tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
  • WOW! I guess you really took your time to make these tiles-they are Soooo gorgeous^^
    But the only thing that bothers me is the outlining-Some tiles don't have any outline. Don't get me wrong-HG SS tiles don't have it, too but all GBA pokémon tiles have a darker outline- The stairs really stand out because of that.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    WOW! I guess you really took your time to make these tiles-they are Soooo gorgeous^^
    But the only thing that bothers me is the outlining-Some tiles don't have any outline. Don't get me wrong-HG SS tiles don't have it, too but all GBA pokémon tiles have a darker outline- The stairs really stand out because of that.

:D thanks i did but they all have outlines on them other than floors walls and indoor windows, but the difference is i tend to do the outlines in a darker shade of the colour under tham instead of just black all around

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Really nice work. The latest set of tiles are really great and I love your indoor maps.
    I noticed the roofs on the pallet town red houses have the shading flipped. The light side should be on the left and the darker part on the right- right?
    Cause the lab has a shadow coming from the left to right on the roof of it.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Really nice work. The latest set of tiles are really great and I love your indoor maps.
    I noticed the roofs on the pallet town red houses have the shading flipped. The light side should be on the left and the darker part on the right- right?
    Cause the lab has a shadow coming from the left to right on the roof of it.

ahh thanks i didnt notice that i made them identical to the in game ones so it seems they made a little shading mistake thanks for pointing that out mate.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    These tiles are very good. I liked the palettes, details etc... The ones I liked most was the tree, house of green roof tiles and the indoor tiles :)
    If I use any tile I have to give credit to you?
    Ah just a question... These tiles was you who did?
    I wait for updates.
    Good luck!

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    These tiles are very good. I liked the palettes, details etc... The ones I liked most was the tree, house of green roof tiles and the indoor tiles :)
    If I use any tile I have to give credit to you?
    Ah just a question... These tiles was you who did?
    I wait for updates.
    Good luck!

if you can please, but what do you mean these tiles was you who did???

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2021
    I think he asks if it was you who made the tiles :D

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I think he asks if it was you who made the tiles :D

oww then yes it was. :D Just for reference none of them are rips they are all scratch based on the HG/SS tiles but obviously moded to fit in the GBA format

MexicoolBoy

I'm MEXICO!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    oh!!! O.O
    Awesome!! My hack, with your internal tiles will be very professional!!
    great job :)

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    oh!!! O.O
    Awesome!! My hack, with your internal tiles will be very professional!!
    great job :)

:D thanks that means a lot to hear that.

Anyway small update, just the gate building.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    Everything here is awesomeness! If they didn't show names on PC I would have thought you were Kyledove. The only thing I don't like is that the Celedon (The green Buildings) look a lttle flat. Those would be the only things needing improvemet. Otherwise pure awesomeness.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    really good! im thinking of using the indoor ones.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Everything here is awesomeness! If they didn't show names on PC I would have thought you were Kyledove. The only thing I don't like is that the Celedon (The green Buildings) look a lttle flat. Those would be the only things needing improvemet. Otherwise pure awesomeness.

:O Waw that means a lot to me It really does, thank you so much.

Right update time.

Well seing as The sevii islands are not in HG/SS I thought that It might be nice to make my own version of them, So im starting off with Knot island (1 island). All tiles are public just credit if used please.

Credit to pokemondiamond for the water, tall grass and sand.
    Credit to kyle for the large sea rocks.

The other tiles like grass and trees are in the pallet town sheet.

Last edited:

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I just love your new One Island tileset, but the only thing i dont like is the purple-roofed houses. Don't like the doors very much...

Thanks loads, is there anything inperticular that you dont like about it???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back