• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A collection of random tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Wow, that's amazing, the layout makes it look so realistic!

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Following on with the hoenn tiles iv decided to make the pokecenter mart and gym. So first off is the center and mart.

Thanks to Dew for sorting out the initial problums that I had with the pokecenter so partial credit goes to him on this one.

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Following on with the hoenn tiles iv decided to make the pokecenter mart and gym. So first off is the center and mart.

Thanks to Dew for sorting out the initial problums that I had with the pokecenter so partial credit goes to him on this one.

Hmm, this wil be a bit of a harsh critique but because you are such a good tile artist I think you could take this as a good thing and really improve these two buildings by a long shot.

Ok first off problems with both... They both look huge and very out of proportion. it looks as if the roofs were injected with steroids leaving the main body of the building shadowed under a behemoth. (mainly the PC.)

Now for solely the PC I really hate the roofs palettes. It is so bright compared to other colors used on the building leaving it almost glowing on the time. Also the proportions of the front to the sides do not quite match in either the semi circular top with the PokeBall insides and the roof under that. Everything but the roof is great.

On to the Mart. The roof is better on this due to a subtler palette and a slightly over proportioned rood compared to the other one. But usually the mart is smaller than the PC so it still looks awkward.

Overall the concept is nice. Sorry if this was to harsh :\

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Hmm, this wil be a bit of a harsh critique but because you are such a good tile artist I think you could take this as a good thing and really improve these two buildings by a long shot.

Ok first off problems with both... They both look huge and very out of proportion. it looks as if the roofs were injected with steroids leaving the main body of the building shadowed under a behemoth. (mainly the PC.)

Now for solely the PC I really hate the roofs palettes. It is so bright compared to other colors used on the building leaving it almost glowing on the time. Also the proportions of the front to the sides do not quite match in either the semi circular top with the PokeBall insides and the roof under that. Everything but the roof is great.

On to the Mart. The roof is better on this due to a subtler palette and a slightly over proportioned rood compared to the other one. But usually the mart is smaller than the PC so it still looks awkward.

Overall the concept is nice. Sorry if this was to harsh :\

:D I love the way people are describing the roof, Kyle said It looked like a squashed mushroom lol. Anyway thanks for the crit, everything you have said is right, and Even I had a strange feeling about the roof of the PC, you know one of those, something is wrong but I cant quite make out what, sort of feelings. Anyway I have decided to work on a Hoenn tile project so I am planning to redo both of them anyway, taking into advice what people have said. Thanks a lot for the crit, it made me laugh, and the way I see it is that every bit of negative crit helps me make my work better.

Littleroot is now complete. Everything is origional except for the trees they are edits of CNC's

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    WOW => simply WOW. I'm digging the new look alot. It just kicks everyone that has done Littleroot two in the face. I have to say that this is my favorite out of them all.I just love the new Hoenn trees and worship the fact that it's not the same tree over, and over again, which adds more dynamics to the whole map. The houses look amazing. Lastly the grass tiles and the dirt ones are superb. I think the dirt tiles are very original and haven't been seen before. This is just WOW.

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    :D I love the way people are describing the roof, Kyle said It looked like a squashed mushroom lol. Anyway thanks for the crit, everything you have said is right, and Even I had a strange feeling about the roof of the PC, you know one of those, something is wrong but I cant quite make out what, sort of feelings. Anyway I have decided to work on a Hoenn tile project so I am planning to redo both of them anyway, taking into advice what people have said. Thanks a lot for the crit, it made me laugh, and the way I see it is that every bit of negative crit helps me make my work better.

Littleroot is now complete. Everything is original except for the trees they are edits of CNC's

Redemption! (except those trees :\)... Wow I like the "rustic" vibe of this map, yet those trees ruin it a tad due to their IDK... plain-ness?(Is that a word :<). Anyways...

And the trees just may be my opinion with the simplicity and all... I can see Luka has taken a liking in them.

The environment
    Very nice, I like your grass, flowers, and path. They blend in very well with the rustic scenery around the place. All I can say is that the trees look very 2D in the sense of spacing. The trunk feels like it bulges out a bit under the tree while the top looks like it is flat as a piece of paper (Yeah I suck at alliterations...XD)​

The buildings
    Hot damn! That lab is some smex :3. I really love the offset feel of its "stilts" which hold it up and the palette chosen feel like RSE in every way and form. With the regular houses the same applies. The "rustic" vibe makes it feel like your in a small town (like you are :D)​

Overall
    Overall these tiles are exceptional except for the trees. I mean they are not bad for the usual tile artist but seeing your work I expect a tad bit more. you have become a bit of a staple in this little petite section. And yes when I say petite I do not mean it lightly. Pixel art is not the easiest thing to do with shading and its color limits. But it has come a far way and with people like you helping innovation in just one of the fields you are doing your part for us all.​

~Teh panda~

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Redemption! (except those trees :\)... Wow I like the "rustic" vibe of this map, yet those trees ruin it a tad due to their IDK... plain-ness?(Is that a word :<). Anyways...

And the trees just may be my opinion with the simplicity and all... I can see Luka has taken a liking in them.

The environment
    Very nice, I like your grass, flowers, and path. They blend in very well with the rustic scenery around the place. All I can say is that the trees look very 2D in the sense of spacing. The trunk feels like it bulges out a bit under the tree while the top looks like it is flat as a piece of paper (Yeah I suck at alliterations...XD)​

The buildings
    Hot damn! That lab is some smex :3. I really love the offset feel of its "stilts" which hold it up and the palette chosen feel like RSE in every way and form. With the regular houses the same applies. The "rustic" vibe makes it feel like your in a small town (like you are :D)​

Overall
    Overall these tiles are exceptional except for the trees. I mean they are not bad for the usual tile artist but seeing your work I expect a tad bit more. you have become a bit of a staple in this little petite section. And yes when I say petite I do not mean it lightly. Pixel art is not the easiest thing to do with shading and its color limits. But it has come a far way and with people like you helping innovation in just one of the fields you are doing your part for us all.​

~Teh panda~

Thanks man but just a point, the trees arnt actually mine :D Im really quite bad at custom trees, so I found some that I thought looked similar to the hoenn set and edited them to fit in, so the credit for the trees is cnc's

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Hay guys cus of all your guys coment, I decided to redo the Hoenn center, and Im much happier with it now, so thanks guys. The middle one is the newest one by the way :p

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    If you ask me, the top roof is too long...
    Also, the view angle of the Pokeball is weird.
    Edit: You'd need something like this:

No I'm not any good at spriting.
    Also the Pokeball on my version seriously needs fixing.

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Not t be rude, but Turquoise, if yours is the 'new' one, Alucus should keep it the same.

It's greatly improved from your prior Alucus, but the section with the Pokeball juts out a bit, then than that, it looks great! I would actually do what Turqoise told you to do, but keep the Poke Ball the same

Last edited:

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Actually that's what I meant.

Not t be rude, but Turquoise, if yours is the 'new' one, Alucus should keep it the same.

It's greatly improved from your prior Alucus, but the section with the Pokeball juts out a bit, then than that, it looks great! I would actually do what Turqoise told you to do, but keep the Poke Ball the same

Thanks for the advice guys but I actually like it better like this, as it adds that slight bit of HG/SS look to it, with the bokeball sign section on to the overhang, That was my intention.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back