• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A competitive team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Hey guys I am trying to make a good online battling team but I don't really even know how to begin. I know very little about the basics other then type advantages. I am STRICTLY against using legendaries as the only time i really use them is for elite 4 battles. Anyways my current team is comprised of: sylveon, a shiny dragalge, greninja, talonflame, raichu, and charizard. I also have an aegislash. The OP blaziken, a tyranitar, and blastoise, also i do have a delphox. I will raise any pokemon if it will help my team for competitive battling. Now for the moves. The moves are as follows: Sylveon: Calm Mind, Moonblast, Swift, and Draining kiss. Dragalge:Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Toxic, Aqua Tail. Greninja: Extrtasensory, U-turn, Grass Knot, and Water Shuriken. Talonflame: Acrobatics, roost, fly, and brave bird. Raichu: Electro Ball Strength, Nuzzle, and thunder. I don't really mind having thunder instead of thunderbolt because electro ball is my main damage scource on him. Charizard: Fire Pledge, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz, and shadow claw. Aegislash knows: sacred sword, swords dance, shadow claw, and shadow sneak. I dont like to use him much now because he gets OWNED whenever i use him online it seems. Delphox knows: Flamethrower, psychic, Fire Blast, and Cut. Blaziken knows: Flare Blitz, Blaze kick, Brave bird, and rock smash. Blastoise knows ice beam, surf, hydro pump, and waterfall. Then finally my tyranitar from japan knows: crunch, earthquake, stone edge, and hyper beam. I really want to keep sylveon on my team and also raichu, but if they should be swapped out i will. Also my sylveon is maxed affection in pokemon amie. I am really grateful to anyone who can help me by telling me good moves to have and what pokemon to have! Sincerely, Squirtle squirrels.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    I still have yet to try out the competitive battles in my pokemon game, but isn't it better to prioritize status inflicting moves? players cannot heal their pokemon during the pvp which makes it ideal for people to use paralysis, burn or poison that could last through the whole battle.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I think you're looking for the Battle Center forum. That's where all the competitive battling buffs hang out. They're sure to be able to help you further develop your competitive team so it can reach its fullest potential. Make sure and check out their BC Guidelines & Resources while you're there first!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back