• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A feature you want in every game

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • In each game, there were always a couple of features that were only game-specific and not available for every game. For example, the Pokemon World Tournament was only in BW2, and the Pokeathlon was only in HGSS, along with Kurt's Pokeballs and the follow-me feature. What's something that was only present in one set of games that you wish was present in all the games, and why? inb4 everyone says follow-me

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    - yeah ngl the follow me feature is one of my favorites of all time and is one of the main reasons I will play HG/SS over and over even though I find those games boring quickly.
    - I've also wanted Kurt's Pokeballs to somehow be integrated into newer games just so I can get moon balls, but at this point I never see that happening
    - Secret bases
    - Vs seeker
    - Battle Frontier (Emerald's)
    - pc item storage (I hate carrying a ton of ♥♥♥♥ I don't want to use yet with me)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'd have to say the FRLG VS Seeker and XY's EXP Share. I'm a person who likes to be overleveled in every game, and these are the items that helped me most in terms of grinding. I mean, I enjoy grinding but it just gets tedious as time passes by.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Kurt's Pokéballs would be good...but I'd also need a way to travel to Azalea Town, as I doubt Kurt would move (unless his son/daughter turned up making them? After all, he has a granddaughter).

Mine would probably be a couple of favourites from Emerald:

PokéNav - I know it's similar to PokéGear and the like, but the little descriptions of each trainer were a nice touch.
    Battle Frontier - the Hoenn version. Like, instead of having it in multiple places, just give us a boat there, you could even include Rayquaza in your game by making Sky Pillar accessible then. Maybe I'd tire of it if this happened, and I know I'd get irrationally irritated if they changed any of the Brains' lineups, but it's a far better Frontier than the Gen IV one.

Years
  • I can get over anything except for one thing.
    Day/Night system.
    I need night, it's always so zen and I love playing at night.

So for me it is

Day/Night system

Years
  • XY's EXP share mechanic, customization feature, and HGSS follow-me feature. Those should all be in every Pokemon game - there would be no con to doing this, only pros. Also, as sort of a side note that doesn't totally pertain to the topic - if in-game contests were structured more like the anime, then I'd want it to appear in all of the games as well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I'd want a variation of the Pokeathlon minigames for each Pokemon game so that there's always something fun to do. I mean, they might as well use the Touchscreen to their advantage, and the Amie games just aren't that fun after a while.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    - XY Exp Share
    - a centralized Pokemon storage service (Pokebank)
    - extremely hard to find secrets (kinda like the puzzle that led to the three golems in RSE)
    - shops that sell evolution stones
    - Stealthrock/Defog/Elemental Punches returning as TMs/HMs (and adding a lot of more useful moves to the TM list)

And even though it's not part of any game (but I'll say it anyway):
    - an interface for bonus modules freely available which contain new content that enhances the game experience (that way people hopefully stop complaining about a game not having enough post game content :P)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    PokeStar Studios and the Pokemon World Tournament please. I loved those things in Black 2/White 2.

And like R.F., I want good move tutors (like the ones in Black2/White2) is be a consistent thing as well.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I'd be extremely happy with the Poketch, more likely the updated Poketch in Platinum that can move up or down apps. I just loved how it was an all-in-one kind of thing, with a clock, a map and even a friendship checker. It was very helpful to me, and is something I'd love to see in every Pokemon game.

Another thing would be X/Y's Exp. Share. It made grinding a lot easier, and grinding's something I find pretty difficult in earlier Pokemon games due to difficulty level, so having the Exp. Share give exp to every Pokemon in something like Emerald would benefit me greatly, considering I suck at the Hoenn games. d:

I'd also like more Battle Frontier-esque places for the after game. The after game in X/Y was so lacking that I simply stopped playing, decided to buy an old Pokemon White and play that instead. Something like the Battle Frontier would keep my interest.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    What do I think should be in every Pokémon game? I'll tell you:

-X and Y's breeding mechanics (I know this will probably stay but it was such a massive improvement compared to past generations that I had to include it)
    -Difficuly settings (that don't require someone sending you a key)
    -Move tutors

That's all I can think of for now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As people had said above. XY's Experience Share is definitely something I'd like them to keep. Previous version was okay, and in some way, it did make training more easy, but it still took a lot of time nonetheless; it was quite time-consuming. After the new one was introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, things have changed completely; now, all you'd have to do is train only one of your team members, and rest would level-up automatically. If you ask me, this takes away a lot of stress, and gives you more of a chance to enjoy other things, such as exploring locations, battling online, trading, and breeding.

I've seen a lot of fans complain about this Exp. Share, but I don't exactly get why, unfortunately. After all, there is an option to disable it, so if it's bothering you and you'd like to have more of a challenge, you're always free to simply turn it off--nobody's forcing you to use this feature. If I were in their shoes, that's what I'd do.

Another thing I'd like to see is following Pokémon. In my opinion, this feature was one of the most adorable out there, and I'm sure there are plenty of others who feel the same. They've released Pokémon-Amie recently, so if they do bring former back someday, perhaps they could integrate them with each other?

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • My top picks:
    • Pokétch - if only for the sheer amount of the different things you could put on the bottom screen. My favorite was the party status which I kept on at all times while playing D/P/Pt. Also, the map was a godsend when I was catching roamers, I could really use for the Kanto birds in Gen 6.
    • Difficulties - pretty self-explanatory, and as it was previously stated, without needing to obtain a key.
    • Exp Share (both versions) - bring back the Gen 2-5 Exp Share, change Gen 6 Exp Share's name back to Exp All, and let the player have a choice between both.
    • The Key System - Excluding the difficulty settings (which, again, IMHO shouldn't be reliant on keys) , the key system was also used to change locations in B2/W2 (the different Regi chambers, White Forest/Black City) , and I thought that was really great, with the added bonus of Regice and Registeel being unlocked in both versions instead of being purely version exclusive.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Probably the EXP. Share as it is in X. I also loved the trainer customization as well. It was pretty awesome to have that. That's definitely something I would love to see in future games, and I hope they continue with it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I really loved the menu on the bottom screen in HG/SS. I don't think it was in any of the other games by default which baffles me because it made so much sense.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really loved the menu on the bottom screen in HG/SS. I don't think it was in any of the other games by default which baffles me because it made so much sense.

Oh, I loved that; it made things so much easier, to be honest. I know hitting X and a few other buttons don't take much time, but accessing menu options on-screen is, to me, much, much more satisfying.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    RUNNING SHOES. I mean, the games I've played the most are the older ones where you couldn't run indoors or couldn't run at all. It was such a pain, haha.

Other than that, day-night system please! Oh, that's standard nowadays too. I feel like I need to play these new games more, hrrm.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Yup, I definitely agree with a lot of you here. The VS Seeker was a great feature in older games, and it's been such a shame to not see it return in recent installments. The games where the re-challenged trainers' Pokemon also gained levels was also quite fun, because it gave the illusion that you weren't the only trainer that was growing in the region.

Difficulty settings, even if they put in a "Lunatic" mode, would be something I'd really appreciate. Not even just for me, but if they gave us the option to choose how hard we want our game to be then even kids who want to just reach the end ASAP could enjoy the game.

And finally, having easy access to items you'll need more than once, such as evolutionary stones, would be great. One of the goals of the game is to complete the Pokedex, however, the game usually doesn't provide you with enough stones to evolve all the Pokemon you need, so you have to rely on luck (BW dust clouds) or skill (XY) to get them.

Yup, I definitely agree with a lot of you here. The VS Seeker was a great feature in older games, and it's been such a shame to not see it return in recent installments. The games where the re-challenged trainers' Pokemon also gained levels was also quite fun, because it gave the illusion that you weren't the only trainer that was growing in the region.

Difficulty settings, even if they put in a "Lunatic" mode, would be something I'd really appreciate. Not even just for me, but if they gave us the option to choose how hard we want our game to be then even kids who want to just reach the end ASAP could enjoy the game.

And finally, having easy access to items you'll need more than once, such as evolutionary stones, would be great. One of the goals of the game is to complete the Pokedex, however, the game usually doesn't provide you with enough stones to evolve all the Pokemon you need, so you have to rely on luck (BW dust clouds) or skill (XY) to get them.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Let's see...

~VS.seeker
    It'd be nice to battle everyone you've ever encountered again, with more powerful & higher leveled pokemon...
    This'd add a LOT more varity, as battling the same few trainers over & over again gets boring...
    & this'd make more Sky battles possible!

~Evolution Stone shops
    This'd be VERY helpful, especially if they get ALL of the stones in stock (maybe it should happen
    post-story?) so we can have a wider varity of options of pokemon that could be on our teams...
    What I mean is that right now, some evolution stones are VERY limited, such as the Dusk Stone, which
    is why I'm VERY cautious of using any & don't have Aegislash on my team...
    (for simliar reasons, I've never had Florges...)

~Rechallengable gyms
    This is a feature that havn't happen yet that I'd like to see in ALL future pokemon games...
    How this'd work is when you beat the Champion, the Gym Leaders would up-date their gyms to have
    more difficult puzzles & MUCH more varity of pokemon withen their repective types & are MUCH more powerful.
    (preferably Lv.70 or higher)
    You'll also battle the gym trainers again too, before being able to rechallenge the Gym Leaders.
    & you'll be able to rechallenge gyms as many times as you like, as the puzzles would reset & be in
    a different postion than before, so each time you'll have to figure it out all over again.
    I'm sure we all have our favorite gym leaders that we'd like to battle again...
    Like Sabrina, Flannery, Valerie, Korrina, Etc.... <3
    Oh, & seeing them use Mega Evolutions would be awesome too!

~Infinte-use TM instead of HM
    We already have infinte use TMs, but from now on, I'd like to see them replace HMs completly...
    This way, for example, we can use Cut when we need & forget it when we no longer do, not needing a Move Deleter.
    Would make trades simpler too, as pokemon with HM moves can't be traded, last I've checked.

I can think of more, but this should do for now...

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • Give me Emerald's Battle Frontier, an optional following Pokemon feature, the VS. Seeker, secret bases, trainer customization, Wonder Trade and HG/SS's bottom screen menu like Oryx said, and you've got my money. Heck, I might even consider buying both versions if they managed to squeeze all of those into the same game.

Back