• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A feature you want in every game

Years
  • I agree with Stoney the Mewtwo on being able to challenge gyms repeatedly and would also like the follow me feature; something along the lines of Pokéathlon or at least Contests in every game and finally maybe the Phenomena feature from the Gen V games :)

EDIT: Apricorns!! I just remembered them haha they were one of my favourite features of Johto and I would love to see them implemented again :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • A feature that needs to return?

In Black and White 2 they added the "key system". Now im not saying that should return but one thing I feel needs to return is challenge mode. It was a great idea just implemented a bit wrong (in that you had to beat the game to unlock it/ own two copies of Black 2 to play challenge on Black 2). What do you guys think? should it return as an option in future games?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Since this topic is exclusively about the games, I will move this over to PGC for you.

-moved

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In Black and White 2 they added the "key system". Now im not saying that should return but one thing I feel needs to return is challenge mode. It was a great idea just implemented a bit wrong (in that you had to beat the game to unlock it/ own two copies of Black 2 to play challenge on Black 2). What do you guys think? should it return as an option in future games?

There already seems to be thread on feature discussion, so if you don't mind, I'm merging yours with that!

Merged.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • In Black and White 2 they added the "key system". Now im not saying that should return but one thing I feel needs to return is challenge mode. It was a great idea just implemented a bit wrong (in that you had to beat the game to unlock it/ own two copies of Black 2 to play challenge on Black 2). What do you guys think? should it return as an option in future games?
    Yes, it certainly should imo. But my tweak to the system would be that it's available from the beginning. Key system for stuff like access to a legendary and ability to give keys to someone else via wifi is neat and doesn't need to be available from the the start, but I feel otherwise for the difficulty setting which really should be just available from the get go. I want to try hard mode without having to beat the game first on normal mode, never mind having to have the 'right' version... @_@

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • I would have loved to see the secret base feature of the R/S/E games become a thing, like, be implemented in every game after their release :D

Years
  • I don't know if the Safari Zone is something I would want in the future, HGSS' was okay for providing some good variety with item arrangement but having to wait so many days for the especially good stuff wasn't fun.

Anyway, I don't know if this was mentioned yet, but i'd like for Black 2 and White 2's Free Space pocket to be re-added. It was taken out of X and Y and I don't really understand their reasoning behind that, and in those games you could register menus such as your team, certain bag pockets and such to Select. Although in the later games the menu was basically right at the bottom of the touch screen, so as long as they do one of those two i'm content.

Rather anticlimactic 2,000th post though.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Oh my god the Pokémon World Tournament was so awesome, I wish they kept it in :\

I didn't care for Pokéathlon or the movie thing in BW2, but I'm really glad contests are making a comeback. I also wish that things like the VS Seeker and Secret Bases were permanent additions to all games. I don't get why they add a really cool feature the omit it in the next gen, doesn't make sense to me.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • I really liked the world tournament in BW2. I would also say the XY exp share but have they announced if they are going to do that in all games from now on? I also like the little shop thing you could own in BW2. And the villa in Platinum. And I will stop because I'm getting carried away.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I shall continue the trend by saying Pokemon World Tournament, it turned White 2 from my 2nd favorite game into my favorite Pokemon game of all time. <3

Years
  • Not gonna lie, as much as I enjoyed the PWT, it's not something I see returning anytime soon. I think that would take a lot of time for them to put in the game, having all the Gym Leaders is also not something that I feel would really be unique if it kept showing up. I mean, sure, i'd enjoy it if it was in the later generation now that Fairy-types and Mega Evolutions exist, but just a bit of an explanation as to why I don't see it coming back.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I honestly want to know why Game Freak got rid of the regular Safari Zone (Not Friend Safari), Game Corner, and Battle Frontier. These were just some of my favorite features in Pokemon games, and in generation five...all gone. The PWT (Pokemon World Tournament) could be a substitute for the Battle Frontier but still, what about the other two? They were really fun for me, I really liked these features. I also liked the walking Pokemon (Like everyone else XD) from HeartGold and SoulSilver. I hope they keep contests after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire as well, because those are really exciting and fun to participate in.

What do you guys think about the Game Corner, Safari Zone, and Battle Frontier being removed?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I honestly want to know why Game Freak got rid of the regular Safari Zone (Not Friend Safari), Game Corner, and Battle Frontier. These were just some of my favorite features in Pokemon games, and in generation five...all gone. The PWT (Pokemon World Tournament) could be a substitute for the Battle Frontier but still, what about the other two? They were really fun for me, I really liked these features. I also liked the walking Pokemon (Like everyone else XD) from HeartGold and SoulSilver. I hope they keep contests after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire as well, because those are really exciting and fun to participate in.

What do you guys think about the Game Corner, Safari Zone, and Battle Frontier being removed?
    Because Troll Freak is Troll Freak.

But the Game Corner was removed because gambling is something the Europeans don't like, so they had to remove that in order to sell the games in the EU.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I honestly want to know why Game Freak got rid of the regular Safari Zone (Not Friend Safari), Game Corner, and Battle Frontier. These were just some of my favorite features in Pokemon games, and in generation five...all gone. The PWT (Pokemon World Tournament) could be a substitute for the Battle Frontier but still, what about the other two? They were really fun for me, I really liked these features. I also liked the walking Pokemon (Like everyone else XD) from HeartGold and SoulSilver. I hope they keep contests after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire as well, because those are really exciting and fun to participate in.

Because Troll Freak is Troll Freak.

But the Game Corner was removed because gambling is something the Europeans don't like, so they had to remove that in order to sell the games in the EU.
    Yeah, the Game Corner was because of European laws (this started since Platinum actually; European versions of the game had the slot machine games cut out, wah). HGSS then had Voltorb Flip instead of slot machines for everywhere outside Japan, because on top of that ESRB ratings would have pushed up the age rating for the game (from E for Everyone to PG-12 or somesuch? I can't recall) if the slot machines remained. Since then, they just decided to cut it out for everyone, including Japan.

Battle Frontier is typically in later games in the generation, and I guess in B2W2's case it was replaced with the PWT while a large amount of Game Freak staff were probably working on X&Y (and maybe even ORAS by then too).

Safari zone? Well, that's anyone's guess. It will be interesting to see how it is in ORAS!

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    * Ability to carry at least 9,999,999 cash and 99,999 coins.
    * Mother that holds your cash and buy stuff.
    * Move Deleter, Move Re-learner and Move Tutor.
    * Battle Tower/Frontier.
    * Ability to carry at least 999 item per item-slot like in FR/LG.
    * Ability to plant berries (R/S/E).
    * Secret Bases.
    * Vs Seeker.
    * Ability to re-challenge the Gym Leaders.
    * Two Regions, a train and a ship to sail (and re-battle the trainers in there).
    * One-Use-TM's, BUT the ability to collect several of them in the game (Hidden Items, steal from Trainers, buying in shops, game corner, etc.). Same with the elemental stones.
    * Day/Night System.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • The Game Corner thing is a load of crap. The ESRB making that a ratings issue is totally ridiculous.

I like the Battle Frontier, Pokémon walking behind you, and the Pokéwalker.

Oh, and the VS Seeker. None of that crap where you have to wait for a phone call or a battle icon (R/S/E) to rematch someone. Makes grinding that much easier with a VS Seeker.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm with Symbiosis, the leader of your party following you around and secret bases in every game would be a very nice touch. I miss playing HG/SS just for my party leader following my footsteps T_T.

Back