• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A feeble attempt at a UU team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • I stress feeble because I don't know what the hell I'm doing at all. I literally just threw six guys together and tried to make them balanced. This is my first attempt at a UU team, so I definitely need some help please. Kthanx.

The Team

Persian @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    252 Att / 252 Speed / 6 HP
    Bite
    U-Turn
    Hypnosis
    Fake Out

Seems like a pretty good lead...I can Fake Out then U-Turn to whatever counter I need. Kinda sucks about Hypnosis' accuracy though...But I don't know of anything else that could go in that last move slot. Bite is for coverage and gets boosts by technician.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
    Bold
    40 HP / 80 Speed / 136 Sp Attack / 252 Sp Defense
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Thunder Wave
    Thunderbolt

Special Wall....Seems like this guy can take quite a beating and still fire back with good coverage. T-wave to cripple sweepers.

Claydol @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP / 144 Defense / 114 Sp Attack
    Stealth Rock
    Earth Power
    Toxic
    Rapid Spin

Stealth Rocker/Spinner....Should be pretty self-explanatory. Even though most of my team isn't weak to SR, it's still nice to have. Toxic for some status.

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    252 Att / 252 Speed / 4 Sp defense
    Close Combat
    Earthquake
    Mach Punch
    Stone Edge

I've been hearing cool stuff about Hitmonlee, so I thought I'd try him out. Pretty standard physical sweeper...I like Mach Punch for priority. This guy should be at least 2HKOing everything in UU.

Hypno @ Leftovers
    Calm
    172 HP / 112 Sp Attack / 224 Sp Defense
    Nasty Plot
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Wish

Wish support lets Hypno plot his devious plans and then sweep away. It seems kind of redundant to put both him and Lanturn on...thoughts?

Froslass @ Choice Scarf
    Modest
    252 Sp attack / 192 Speed / 66 HP
    Ice Beam
    Thunder Bolt
    Shadow Ball
    Destiny Bond

Revenge Killer. Because I couldn't think of anything else...and I need one =P

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Froslass definitely does not need that much Speed with Scarf attached. Run some calcs and figure out a magic number to reach and invest the rest in HP.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Froslass definitely does not need that much Speed with Scarf attached. Run some calcs and figure out a magic number to reach and invest the rest in HP.

192 puts me at 456, comfortably outrunning everything in UU play...taking into account common scarf killers and such. More? Less?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    I don't have any good idea about UU, but why do you have 2 special walls?

I might be missing something, like UU having more special sweepers, but im just curious

Növa

öööööööööööö? ?öööööööööööö ööööö
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    I don't see Claydol really doing that much, you might want to give it Psychic or Shadow Ball rather than just Earth Power. A lot of Pokemon will resist it, and you want to have at least a backup plan for it if its caught as your last Pokemon vs Weepinbell, etc.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I don't have any good idea about UU, but why do you have 2 special walls?

I might be missing something, like UU having more special sweepers, but im just curious
    More than one special wall is plausible in any evironment. UU is this way especially because of the number of things with below average special attack and Nasty Plot.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    More than one special wall is plausible in any evironment. UU is this way especially because of the number of things with below average special attack and Nasty Plot.

I'm guessing what you mean in any environment is basically in any metagame. However, having more than 1 special wall in OU is basically asking to be killed by physical attackers, and that having 3 big walls with a physical wall (unless its a defensive team) is basically not a great idea.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Cacturne with Sub/FPunch/SPunch/Seed Bomb > This team.

Consider Steelix with Roar to counter this.

Perhaps:

Steelix @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    Relaxed
    EV's: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Attack
    IV's: 0 Speed
    -Gyro Ball
    -Earthquake
    -Roar
    -Curse / Stone Edge / Toxic

Use either Curse with Life Orb or SE / Toxic with Leftovers. Your choice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back