• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] A few questions

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    Hi!
    I have a few questions about mapping/scripting.
    First of all, how do i make a man sit down, for an example on a chair.
    Second, how would i make a script for a bed & a clock, and what are the movement permissions for the bed?
    Thanks for the help!

Years
  • :/
    Ok, so first of all, if you're gonna make your own Pokémon Hack you need to either learn scripting, or have a scripter working with you
    You can't really make someone sit down, you need him to just kinda stand there...
    For the movement permissions, go look at either an A-Map tutorial, or just look through the maps movement permissions. 5 minutes should get you to understand that a passable tile is "C" and a blocked tile is "1"
    There are many more movement permissions, and wont go over them
    As for the bed and clock scripts, you'll need to learn some scripting, as stated above, since you gave no info at all on how those would play out :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    :/
    Ok, so first of all, if you're gonna make your own Pokémon Hack you need to either learn scripting, or have a scripter working with you
    You can't really make someone sit down, you need him to just kinda stand there...
    For the movement permissions, go look at either an A-Map tutorial, or just look through the maps movement permissions. 5 minutes should get you to understand that a passable tile is "C" and a blocked tile is "1"
    There are many more movement permissions, and wont go over them
    As for the bed and clock scripts, you'll need to learn some scripting, as stated above, since you gave no info at all on how those would play out :/

Okay, so i've been working on some basic scripting and i figured that i'd make the game, and get better at scripting at the same time. Also, i know how to use basic movement permission, i just meant that when you walk into a bed in the original game, you get under it and you can sleep and heal, how do you make a script like that, same with the clock. They are very specific, that's why i'm asking here.
    Also, is there no way to make someone sit on like a chair inside, i mean they do it in the games?

Years
  • That's no movement permissions, but rather a behavior byte
    Don't worry, this is pretty baisc stuff. Basically, each tile has a behavior byte assigned to it, which represents the way they work
    So, if you open the Block Editor in A-Map (the purple puzzle piece) you'll be able to see each tile's behavior byte, and you'll also discover that some tiles are actually a "hybrid" of two tiles, with a background tile and a "not background" tile xD
    So obviously the not background tile will be in front of the background tile
    And you have to assign each one of those their own behavior byte, and if you do it correctly, you'll be able to be behind the not background byte, yet above the background byte
    Well, I'm positive that you did not understand 95% of what I wrote just above, so... Sorry, best I could do :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    That's no movement permissions, but rather a behavior byte
    Don't worry, this is pretty baisc stuff. Basically, each tile has a behavior byte assigned to it, which represents the way they work
    So, if you open the Block Editor in A-Map (the purple puzzle piece) you'll be able to see each tile's behavior byte, and you'll also discover that some tiles are actually a "hybrid" of two tiles, with a background tile and a "not background" tile xD
    So obviously the not background tile will be in front of the background tile
    And you have to assign each one of those their own behavior byte, and if you do it correctly, you'll be able to be behind the not background byte, yet above the background byte
    Well, I'm positive that you did not understand 95% of what I wrote just above, so... Sorry, best I could do :/
    After reading a few times I understood ;)
    But what about the scripts for the clock and the bed,
    How would I make them work?

Years
  • After reading a few times I understood ;)
    But what about the scripts for the clock and the bed,
    How would I make them work?

Glad you understood
    For the scripts, you didn't really give any information
    I get the clock one, if you're using Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire just copy the offset for the script of the clock, however I'm positive that there is no clock in FR/LG, so I don't know how you would go about doing one
    For the bed script, how would it be?
    Would you interact and then sleep?

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    Glad you understood
    For the scripts, you didn't really give any information
    I get the clock one, if you're using Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire just copy the offset for the script of the clock, however I'm positive that there is no clock in FR/LG, so I don't know how you would go about doing one
    For the bed script, how would it be?
    Would you interact and then sleep?

Yea, it's like if you are in the bed and click A, it asks you if you want to rest, if you click yes the screen goes black and you get healed, preferably with that healing sound.
    Problem is, I don't know the code for the rest thing, and how I would make it so you can only rest if you are inside the bed.
    EDIT: Do you know any link where I can see what each person picture is? (thinking of the clock)
    Also, I'm using emerald

Years
  • Yea, it's like if you are in the bed and click A, it asks you if you want to rest, if you click yes the screen goes black and you get healed, preferably with that healing sound.
    Problem is, I don't know the code for the rest thing, and how I would make it so you can only rest if you are inside the bed.
    EDIT: Do you know any link where I can see what each person picture is? (thinking of the clock)
    Also, I'm using emerald

To find each what picture number represents who, you go to Advance Map, create a new person event and then you get to choose what that person looks like by simply choosing it's picture number
    As for the bed script, you should go take a look at diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial, and look at these commands:
    -msgbox
    -fadescreen
    -special
    -fanfare

I'm not giving you the script to copy and paste into XSE, so please don't ask
    That tutorial has everything you need to know as far as scripting goes, and trust me, you wanna learn how to script

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    To find each what picture number represents who, you go to Advance Map, create a new person event and then you get to choose what that person looks like by simply choosing it's picture number
    As for the bed script, you should go take a look at diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial, and look at these commands:
    -msgbox
    -fadescreen
    -special
    -fanfare

I'm not giving you the script to copy and paste into XSE, so please don't ask
    That tutorial has everything you need to know as far as scripting goes, and trust me, you wanna learn how to script
    Thanks!
    It's good that you're not just giving me a text to copy-paste, since then i wont learn anything and will never get what it takes to make a game.

Back