• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A few thoughts on: Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
Years
  • Heyuh People!

Quite a long time since I posted here, but there's a few thoughts I would like to share to go with the hype train of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire of what could we be expecting in our awesome return to the Hoenn Region! Hold on to your Pokeballs, here comes the list:

Hoenn at night!
    A few thoughts on: Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Even tho we loved the Hoenn region, many of us thought that the fact of having an eternal daytime sucked, this time, in the remakes we can expect to finally see Hoenn at morning, sunset, and Nighttime, however, as curious as it sounds, do you think the pokemon appearing in the wild will be affected by the time of the day? or maybe even events exclusive to times of the day, easier to tell, specially shoal cave related, or maybe Mt. Chimney lit by the lava at night!

3D Maps

As it happened in XY, we did not have all the maps in 3D, however selected maps were in 3D and were mindblowing! In Hoenn I guess we could expect to see some too, I guess Mt.Chimney, Jagged Pass, Route 113, it would be awesome to see ash falls in 3D, or even better, the underwater maps in 3D, just imagine the epic remastered underwater song, using Dive with your Pokemon, and to make it even better, little 3D bubbles popping out of the screen.

Emerald exclusive stuff on Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

It was a thing on Heart Gold and Soul Silver, yes, we had elements from Crystal Version, like Eusine, chasing Suicune around, the Battle Tower (which in HG/SS became the Frontier)
    With this happening I am almost sure we will be getting the battle Frontier of the Hoenn Region, along with posible other locations like Mirage Tower. I'm not so sure of Battle Tents, due to the Hoenn hype being so strong they might add all the contest locations once again.

A BIG HOENN CITY

Because Why not? I keep thinking in my head, there's a big chance a city of Hoenn will be rendered like Lumiose City was, or at least like Castelia City from Unova, the real Question is, which city? We have some pretty sprawling metropolis in the Hoenn region like Rustboro City, Slateport City (my personal favorite), Mauville City, Lilycove City, Sootopolis, and Mossdeep!

Secret Bases

Oh this is quite he hype indeed, I mean who did not love decorating the secret base? However, this could be a pretty cool Sreet Pass feature, you streetpass some dude, and his base is now added to your Hoenn game map, maybe small items or Battles could happen, you know, like with the Pokewalker the trainer you connected with would battle you in the Viridian City Trainer House, well this time the trainer would wait for you at his/her secret base!
    Some people say it would be cool for spotpass, but lets be honest, its never gonna happen xD And for some reason Streetpass seems way for fun for this feature somehow. Maybe we could recieve Morimoto or something via spot pass in our bases xD

Feebas

So has anyone asked themselves "WHAT UP WITH FEEBAS?" That's pretty much my question, we all know that in RSE versions Feebas had to evolve by maxing his beauty with Pokeblocks and stuff, but later on a new evolution method came, which was to trade him holding a "prism scale" which makes it less sacrificing. However, with Pokeblocks evidently returning, what will happen to Feebas? Will it evolve using Pokeblocks once more? or will the Prism Scale also work? Will it both? This would make Feebas the first Pokemon with two evolution methods for the same Pokemon in the same game!

Team Aqua/Team Magma

I think it's obvious to say these are the baddies, however, will they both appear like in Emerald? or will they be version exclusive bad guys? I'm pretty sure they will keep the version exclusive thing going on, however how the story will unfold in the end with Groudon/Kyogre may vary a bit, maybe a Groudon VS Kyogre Battle with you using one of the legendaries, or maybe you have to call Rayquaza to Calm the #@$ down the two Legends.

Alpha and Omega
    Seriously I guess everyone noticed that Groudon and Kyogre have different patterns and look slightly different in the box arts, are those new formes? Will it be a big part of the storyline? or is it just new art to make it a little more awesome?

Latiosite and Latiasite

The answer was there for us all along, yes they discovered Latiosite and Latiasite existing in the XY game, however unobtainable. I can say its almost sure that we will get the megastones in the upcoming Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire versions, version exclusives? Damn Right! But at least we finaly have em'

New Mega Evolutions?

I think that would be more than fair and necessary, everyone is just gonna jump on choosing torchic because it has a Mega Evolution, so it would be the one of the lamest things to happen in Pokemon History. However if they balance it out, and give us a Sceptilite and a Swampertite, then we'd be talking awesome. I keep getting the feeling that it's actually gonna happen. However, could we expect more Mega Evolutions?

A bunch of Move tutors
    Emerald was packed with them, and if we are getting a battle frontier, I'm sure we will have the Drain Punch Kangaskhan we were so badly expecting, and it would bring competitive battling to a whole new level.

PokeNav

The PokeNav, one of the most awesome little gadgets we've had, it had a map, you could see contest stats, ribbons, and even call friends up with Match Call. Question is, could there be a change in the PokeNav? What if the Pokenav now uses the Touchscreen on the map all the time (sort of like the poketch, except without the crappy graphics), that way the PokeNav could include the PSS, and the Supertraining too.

Poke-Amie 2.0
    Why 2.0? I guess This part is pretty tricky, there may be a Poke-Amie feature, however a little different, sort of like more intented for contests, you could feed the Pokemon Pokeblocks this way, and train his beauty stats and stuff there.

New areas
    As you all know, in all remakes, they introduce new areas, in FRLG they introduced a freaking new archipelago, in HG/SS the Sinjoh Ruins, a Safari Zone, and awesome new routes with huge waterfalls west of Cianwood city, we could expect the same, we could probably expect the new areas to be explored could the that whole bunch of unused islands in Southern Hoenn, you know, those little islands near "Southern Island" and Battle Frontier, there's many many unused islands that could be of good use, these areas would be for rich exploration post game, and to add in a few goodies to the National Dex like including a few Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos Pokemon.

Steven is the Champ

Of course he is! He is is way more awesome than Wallace, I bet Wallace will return as a Gym Leader, and Juan will be present, but probably for some sidequest or whatever.

The Regis recieve a story, Regigigas will be available

They have as much storyline as the legendary birds in Gen I, which is pretty sad, I guess it would be nice to give them a small story, and something to actually understand them more, the legendary beasts got it with Eusine, Come on Game Freak, give the wierd Golem-Robots-thingies a chance!

Blue Pentagon
    I could asure that the Pokemon in this game will have the Blue Pentagon, to desmostrate they are generation 6 Pokemon.

Well people, those are my thoughts for now, please share me your thoughts :) What do you think of these points? Do you have your own? Comment them :D!

Sorry for the long post, here's a Fresh Water.

Images from:
    Bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net
    serebii.net
    and some random image from Google

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm thinking Contests won't be reappearing and instead we'll get a Hoenn version of Pokemon-Amie. Like how Pokethon was HG/SS's version of Pokemon Contests since Gold and Silver didn't have contests and they still had the base principles.

With Amie being what we originally thought to be contests, it could be the replacement for Contests instead of them retyping and readding all the contest types and contest system back in after they went through all of the trouble of removing the contest systems from the games completely.

I would love for bases to return, but its an aspect I'm sure is getting replaced with something else to help with possible size constraints. Don't think we'll get customization since these games have specific characters unlike XY where the Protags aren't the same characters as the rival versions.

Being able to alter Brendan and May means we aren't playing as Brendan or May and kinda detracts from the original concept of them which tends to stay the same. We'll get updated clothes like Ethan/Gold did in HG/SS that much I'm sure of, but I'm not expecting any customizable content.

I have a feeling they'll replace the removed content with some look a like methods that aren't as good as the original versions.

The Blue Pentagon may remain just for Kalos and Hoenn may get something different.

Berry system is probably going to be exactly the same as Kalos' berry system.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I would love for bases to return, but its an aspect I'm sure is getting replaced with something else to help with possible size constraints. Don't think we'll get customization since these games have specific characters unlike XY where the Protags aren't the same characters as the rival versions.

If they choose not to include Secret Bases, it must be for a reason that extends far deeper than just size constraints; I don't think that's really an issue anymore these days.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • I really hadn't thought they'd keep the mega evolutions thing beyond XY, but I guess it makes sense, given that they are there in online battles and Latios/Latias have one. Maybe a few other legendaries will get it, like Kyogre and Groudon are weird-looking due to megas? The regis could megas then, idk. Hopefully not lol, although it would be cool, and I am sure they'll include regigigas! maybe they'll make the three regis version exclusive like in BW, but hopefully they'll stay faithful. starters having megas sounds likely though!

I hope secret bases return :( I had so much fun back then customizing those, especially getting all the glass furniture... omg so much time I spent on that.

I really, really hated Wallace. He seemed like an arrogant champ to me. Steven was perfect, they better keep him as champ!

And hopefully they have a lot of sidequests! For example, Looker's thing in XY was fun, I hope they have a few, if not as big, sidequests peppered in the region. I mean, size can' t be a problem anymore given that we have micro sds with 8 gigs of storage.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • You know the mark is a pentagon because that's the shape of Kalos? It's not just a random symbol that indicates a pokemon was caught/bred in any 6th gen game.

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • Yeah but there has to be a distinctive that the pokemon is from gen 6, maybe a hoenn exclusive one.

I also think maybe a few Gyms will have a redesign!

Years
  • With them being full-on remakes, I'm just wondering how this will affect the series timeline, since RSE took place around the same time as RBY and XY is set long after those games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    With them being full-on remakes, I'm just wondering how this will affect the series timeline, since RSE took place around the same time as RBY and XY is set long after those games.

I was never really aware of the fact that there was a timeline; I think that pretty much went out the window the moment they re-introduced Johto with HG/SS, no?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I was never really aware of the fact that there was a timeline; I think that pretty much went out the window the moment they re-introduced Johto with HG/SS, no?

IIRC, Gen I and III take place concurrently, presumably based of the fact that you can trade between RSE and FRLG with no mention of traveling through "Time and Space". And then Gen II and IV are both concurrent for the same reason. After that, I don't know if there was any generally agreed upon timelines.

At least, that was what I always thought.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I mean there's always this thing which says "Official pokemon story timeline confirmed by Matsumiya: Red/Green/Blue/Yellow = Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald -> (2 years later) Gold/Silver/Crystal = Diamond/Pearl/Platinum -> (time gap) Black/White -> (2 years later) Black 2/White 2 = XY"

So that kind of does present a problem with all of Kalos' ~new discoveries~ suddenly being incorporated into the very beginning of the timeline (where ORAS are, since they're apparently straight-up remakes).

Years
  • I mean there's always this thing which says "Official pokemon story timeline confirmed by Matsumiya: Red/Green/Blue/Yellow = Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald -> (2 years later) Gold/Silver/Crystal = Diamond/Pearl/Platinum -> (time gap) Black/White -> (2 years later) Black 2/White 2 = XY"

So that kind of does present a problem with all of Kalos' ~new discoveries~ suddenly being incorporated into the very beginning of the timeline (where ORAS are, since they're apparently straight-up remakes).

I wasn't aware there was an "official" timeline as a lot of timeline stuff I find was mainly fan speculation, nor was I aware that XY took place at the same time as B2W2 (I assumed it was a year after B2W2.) That said, Shouldn't that be "3 years later" for GSC/DPPt? Also, for an official timeline, it's kind of weird they just put "time gap" for BW.

P.S. If I had to guess, BW would be set 4 years after DPPt since Diamond and Pearl came out in 2006 and Black and White came out in 2010. But that's just my head canon.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • Steven is the Champ

Of course he is! He is is way more awesome than Wallace, I bet Wallace will return as a Gym Leader, and Juan will be present, but probably for some sidequest or whatever.
    This can be speculated on very heavily. If they're planning to go the Emerald route, they can have Steven as more of a roaming character instead of the champion like in Emerald? Due to the fact that the games and the anime somewhat coincide with eachother, I think Juan will return as the Gym Leader, but with the champion it can go both ways. Wallace can return as the champion or become some kind of contest master, but on the other hand, Steven can return as the champion or, as I said before, be more of a roamer character.

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • Wow now that you mention it, its a very debatable thing to go, maybe Steven could be like Alder in BW2, or maybe he could mantain the Emerald way, who knows :0

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Steven was more epic as the hoenn champ than Wallace, and juan should become some sort of expert coordinator in pokemon contests and be able to battle him anime pokemon contest style, or at least a side quest battle with him.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The problem with adding Day and Night is that, well, during the Groudon's sunlight crisis, what if it's night time? The sun would set, and all it's shine would be lost at the night, and what if the real player sets the internal clock to be always night? It would be weird imo

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • The problem with adding Day and Night is that, well, during the Groudon's sunlight crisis, what if it's night time? The sun would set, and all it's shine would be lost at the night, and what if the real player sets the internal clock to be always night? It would be weird imo

They could possibly make it eternal day time lol while the crisis happens. Given that Groudon is a pokemon that controls the Earth (or something, idk anymore what he controls) he should be able to induce sunlight for a long time.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I could see both Wallace and Juan being the 8th gym leader, but it being dependent on the version like in Black & White.

Back