• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a few trade questions about pkmn, items, and pkrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Ok, these questions may be obvious, but I am a pokemon noob when it comes to advanced concepts like EVs and stuff.

First question: how exactly do people get Shaymins and Arceus and the like to trade? Let alone multiple of those pokemon?

Next question is, how do people seem to accumulate so many items like master balls? Do they duplicate them somehow in G4 games?

Finally, does the pokerus virus remain during a trade? Also, even though this really isn't a question, if it can be transferred in a trade, does anyone have any pokerus pokemon they are willing to give to a charitable case? :)

Thanks,
    proace

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
    Years
    Ok, these questions may be obvious, but I am a pokemon noob when it comes to advanced concepts like EVs and stuff.

First question: how exactly do people get Shaymins and Arceus and the like to trade? Let alone multiple of those pokemon?

Next question is, how do people seem to accumulate so many items like master balls? Do they duplicate them somehow in G4 games?

Finally, does the pokerus virus remain during a trade? Also, even though this really isn't a question, if it can be transferred in a trade, does anyone have any pokerus pokemon they are willing to give to a charitable case? :)

Thanks,
    proace
    1. Those pokemon have been made available through events (at least, I know Arceus has). Same with pikachu-colored pichu, just pay attention. Others trade with Japanese, and then some have used Action Replay to force the mystery gift guy to appear and make those events happen. Either trade for a bunch of 'em or clone.

2. Duplication. Clone a pokemon while it's holding Master Ball. Trade with people who don't want theirs. Action Replay. It's a long list.

3. Pokerus does remain during trade. But I don't have a pokemon with it, so I can't help you get it.

Also, don't do this again, I'm pretty sure this is for trade thread only.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Okay, most of these questions are easy to answer, so I might as well.

Question 1:
    People gets those Pokemon from events. The events vary from Gamestop events and TRU events in the US, to WiFi events worldwide (pretty much.) They get multiple of these pokemon either by trading or by cloning them.

Question 2:
    Yes, Diamond & Pearl had a cloning glitch which allowed you to clone pokemon and items via the GTS. Platinum and Heartgold & SoulSilver fixed this though. It is rumored that HG/SS has a cloning glitch though, which includes use of the Pokéwalker.
    Emerald and G/S/C also had cloning glitches. Personally, I use Emerald for cloning pokemon, then I transfer them into my Platinum via Pal Park.

Question 3:
    Yes, a Pokemon stays infected with PokeRus even if it is traded. I can give it to you for free. :p

edit: Ninja'd x[

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Eyaare: thanks for the answers. yeah, i realized after i posted it that im not sure if it is allowed.

moltres111: thanks for the answers and the offer, id like to take you up on that if it isnt too much trouble!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back