• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*A Freshly Scented Garden* Grass-type Club

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    A new one? Alright then. How about Shroomish. Do I need to start over with post counts after getting it, or can it evolve into Breloom (which since I continue to have trouble getting in any game, I at least want here) right away?

*Mimics you* I don't want to sound repetitive, but I've answered and made it clear for at least twice that post counts stacks; counts do NOT have to be restart in case of a new Pokémon and evolution! {XD}

Let's see a Shroomish evolves at Level 23, divide 23 by 2, you get 11.5. Therefore it evolves once you have a total of 12 posts here in this club. I believe you reached that already. Would you like to get a Breloom instead of a Shroomish? :) It might be a weird question, but hey not everyone likes evolution forms!

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
    *sticks her tongue out at the the mimicry* Then I want a Breloom, please! And that's actually a very clever way of figuring out how many posts are required.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    *sticks her tongue out at the the mimicry* Then I want a Breloom, please! And that's actually a very clever way of figuring out how many posts are required.

Oh that reminded me, if you want an easier way to track your post counts
    Head to Pokémon Club's index,
    Look for *A Freshly Scented Garden* Grass-type Club but don't click it, instead take a look at the numbers from the right hand side. There should be two units of numbers corresponding to the thread, the left one is known as 'Replies' and the right one is 'View'. Now click the 'Replies' number that of course, corresponds to the thread and done! ;)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    I'm postponing our Grass-type Event because of this one, please have a look!
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8926198#post8926198

Duly noted. However I plan to start my own Monotype Grass Challenge once I have finished my current Extended Challenge. I just need to find a copy of Black 2...Facing Skyla will be very difficult indeed.

New Topic Suggestion

What is your favourite Grass Shiny and Why?

What is your least favourite Grass Shiny and why?

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Duly noted. However I plan to start my own Monotype Grass Challenge once I have finished my current Extended Challenge. I just need to find a copy of Black 2...Facing Skyla will be very difficult indeed.

New Topic Suggestion

Let's hope it's gonna be the Unova sequels, so you'll be able to take part happily. :)

Nice topic, as always. :)
    My favorite Grass type shiny would be:
    The Cottonee line, Cottonee appears like a cotton candy than a cotton ball in her shiny form, while the Shiny Whimsicott has this mysterious yet cute aura from her! ^_^
    The Snivy line, she looks regal already and that shiny variation really took it to an another level!~
    While my least is going to be Lilligant, I like her but I'm disappointed with her shiny variation.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Let's hope it's gonna be the Unova sequels, so you'll be able to take part happily. :)

Nice topic, as always. :)
    My favorite Grass type shiny would be:
    The Cottonee line, Cottonee appears like a cotton candy than a cotton ball in her shiny form, while the Shiny Whimsicott has this mysterious yet cute aura from her! ^_^
    The Snivy line, she looks regal already and that shiny variation really took it to an another level!~
    While my least is going to be Lilligant, I like her but I'm disappointed with her shiny variation.

It doesn't have to be the Unova Sequels for me to take part. As long as it's a game I either have or can get hold of I will happily represent Grass-type Club. :)

I may even be able to get the hacks on my phone. I'll look into it.

Little fun note my username CharmedGardy can refer to two different Pokemon related things, I'll let you work out what they both are. :)

Question time

My favourite Grass type Shiny is Shiny Treecko. The darker Green and red tail really pop and look good on the Tree Gecko Pokemon. I love Roselia's shiny too, it is subtle but effective in that the flower colours change...one of the Pokedex entries even refer to it.

My least favourite Grass type Shiny is Victreebell. Whilst the blue mouth is...OK the brown Leaf covering makes the Pokemon look unhealthy. The Victreebell line has fallen behind the Vileplume line despite initially being Version Counterparts and a poor Shiny does not help Victreebell.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It doesn't have to be the Unova Sequels for me to take part. As long as it's a game I either have or can get hold of I will happily represent Grass-type Club. :)

I may even be able to get the hacks on my phone. I'll look into it.

Little fun note my username CharmedGardy can refer to two different Pokemon related things, I'll let you work out what they both are. :)

Question time

My favourite Grass type Shiny is Shiny Treecko. The darker Green and red tail really pop and look good on the Tree Gecko Pokemon. I love Roselia's shiny too, it is subtle but effective in that the flower colours change...one of the Pokedex entries even refer to it.

My least favourite Grass type Shiny is Victreebell. Whilst the blue mouth is...OK the brown Leaf covering makes the Pokemon look unhealthy. The Victreebell line has fallen behind the Vileplume line despite initially being Version Counterparts and a poor Shiny does not help Victreebell.

Oh, feel free to list the games that you have!

GBA hacks to be exact, right?

Gardevoir and at first I actually thought it's Gyarados. I was like what's a Gyarados lover doing in a Psychic Club. {XD}
    I guess it's Gardenia, because she's your favorite Grass Leader.

Shiny Treecko line is damn wicked! ;) Those red seed behind Shiny Sceptile are the best indication it should be messed up with!

Unhealthy grasses are to be weed out! :( Worse thing for Victreebel is, it loses it status as VIleplume's counterpart due to Vileplume's counterpart is part of her evolutionary family -- Bellossom! Double worse for Victreebel when it was part of the high ranking tier in Gen I!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Oh, feel free to list the games that you have!

GBA hacks to be exact, right?

Gardevoir and at first I actually thought it's Gyarados. I was like what's a Gyarados lover doing in a Psychic Club. {XD}
    I guess it's Gardenia, because she's your favorite Grass Leader.

Shiny Treecko line is damn wicked! ;) Those red seed behind Shiny Sceptile are the best indication it should be messed up with!

Unhealthy grasses are to be weed out! :( Worse thing for Victreebel is, it loses it status as VIleplume's counterpart due to Vileplume's counterpart is part of her evolutionary family -- Bellossom! Double worse for Victreebel when it was part of the high ranking tier in Gen I!

Let's see, I have Alpha Sapphire, X, White 2, Black and Heart Gold cartridges. I also have Red and Emerald on Emulator. Whatever game I do my Grass-type Challenge on it will be my toughest playthrough yet.

I think there is a DS Emulator for Android phones, I'm not sure in truth.

Yes. Correct on both counts. I do like Gyarados as well...wouldn't want to take it on with. Grass Type through.

Gardenia, whilst not as well-known as Erika was a fun Leader and had a good team at that stage of the game. She is tough in the PWT as well. She is differently designed to a lot of the female characters, having the shortest hair among Female Gym Leaders I think and her worry of a potential Ghost/Grass Type is adorable.

With Pokemon's love for pun inspired names am I the only one slightly perplexed at GARDEnia never owning a GARDEvoir. :)

I got a Shiny Sceptile off the Gts for a Fletchinder. A very lucky trade. It's Female too.

Poor Victreebell. It's probably better known for eating James in the anime than anything game related these days although Weepinbell did get in Ramos' team. Shame Ramos was such a forgettable Leader.

I love Bellossom. It's pure Grass typing helped back in Gen 2 when there were hardly any Pure Grass Types. Vileplume's Grass/Poison is cool but a weakness to Psychic added to Grass' numerous weaknesses is unfortunate.

Talking of Shinies, I also really like Cottonee's shiny. Lilligant's Shiny is Ok if not much of a change. Can you tell Petilil's Shiny from it's Normal Colour Scheme? I can't.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Rom and cartridges are perfectly fine! I'll sign you up for the Grass-type if they have those aforementioned available! :(

I used to like Erika, but she faded out as time goes by. Gardenia on the other hand is timeless, her personality stands out the most among Grass experts! Funnily, that typing is made into reality in Gen VI! {XD} I'd love to see how will Gardenia interact with them!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Rom and cartridges are perfectly fine! I'll sign you up for the Grass-type if they have those aforementioned available! :(

I used to like Erika, but she faded out as time goes by. Gardenia on the other hand is timeless, her personality stands out the most among Grass experts! Funnily, that typing is made into reality in Gen VI! {XD} I'd love to see how will Gardenia interact with them!

Ok. A Grass type Monotype will be a Challenge regardless of game.

Erika is a classic Gym Leader (As are most of Gen 1 Leaders) and if you ask someone to describe a Grass type User you'll probably get something along the lines of Erika.

I'd like to think Gardenia would like Gourgeist and whilst Trevenant would scare her, she would keep a Phantump as a sort of pet. Maybe her look could change to be a little more ghost-user like, I'm thinking maybe a cape and black hair with a black and green colour scheme for her clothes. Her Ace would still of course be Roserade but it's Shiny Form with the Purple and Black Flowers.

With two Grass/Ghost lines introduced in Gen 6, an opportunity for a darker Grass Type Leader was a possibility. I like the idea of the Dark Gardenia or a strong Male Leader similar to a Pokemon Ranger.

As fun as Gardenia is Grass still has a reputation of being a feminine type, given several Grass Types are basically flowers this is understandable but a strong Male Grass Leader or an Elite Four Grass User could help the types reputation. The Gardener Ramos was a logical design for a Grass Gym and his Gym was fun to traverse but Gardeners...doesn't help the types 'cool' factor for want of a better word and his team was at best underwhelming.

I think if we do get another Grass User it will be based on an Aroma Lady however.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Ok. A Grass type Monotype will be a Challenge regardless of game.

Erika is a classic Gym Leader (As are most of Gen 1 Leaders) and if you ask someone to describe a Grass type User you'll probably get something along the lines of Erika.

I'd like to think Gardenia would like Gourgeist and whilst Trevenant would scare her, she would keep a Phantump as a sort of pet. Maybe her look could change to be a little more ghost-user like, I'm thinking maybe a cape and black hair with a black and green colour scheme for her clothes. Her Ace would still of course be Roserade but it's Shiny Form with the Purple and Black Flowers.

With two Grass/Ghost lines introduced in Gen 6, an opportunity for a darker Grass Type Leader was a possibility. I like the idea of the Dark Gardenia or a strong Male Leader similar to a Pokemon Ranger.

As fun as Gardenia is Grass still has a reputation of being a feminine type, given several Grass Types are basically flowers this is understandable but a strong Male Grass Leader or an Elite Four Grass User could help the types reputation. The Gardener Ramos was a logical design for a Grass Gym and his Gym was fun to traverse but Gardeners...doesn't help the types 'cool' factor for want of a better word and his team was at best underwhelming.

I think if we do get another Grass User it will be based on an Aroma Lady however.

Those words are definitely coming from a Genwunner. :v *struck with Solar Beam*

Really? I see her as tomboyish with that attire and personality (*ahem* not her fear of ghost*ahem*)

I think someone like an adventurer who has a Ferrothorn in his team!

Speaking of Gym Leaders, have a look!
    Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Those words are definitely coming from a Genwunner. :v *struck with Solar Beam*

Really? I see her as tomboyish with that attire and personality (*ahem* not her fear of ghost*ahem*)

I think someone like an adventurer who has a Ferrothorn in his team!

Speaking of Gym Leaders, have a look!
    Spoiler:

Erika is not my favourite Gen 1 Gym Leader but Celadon Gym was my favourite Gym. I am doing a Grass Monotype on Red for a nostalgic/challenge purpose as well as my other challenge. I am up to Misty and well...the Gen is definitely showing it's age but the Bulbasaur line is still cool. I completely forgot Paras was a part Grass Type.

Those Gardenia Gifs are incredibly adorable. Of all the Grass Leaders Gardenia is easily the one most dedicated to her type. Cacnea evolves into Cacturne...wouldn't a Grass/Dark Type scare her?

An Adventurer with a team of Ferrothorn, Trevenant, Sceptile and Breloom would be pretty cool. Maybe a less quirky version of the Hoenn Secret Base Guy.

Gardenia tomboyish? As you have said earlier she is the Sinnoh parallel to Misty who was the 'tomboyish mermaid' however after seeing that gif of her hugging Cacnea I still think she is more towards Girly Girl than tomboy. :) Also she has a Turtwig, was she a Pokemon trainer just like the Protagonist once upon a time?

I forgot about the Green Haired Waiter Cilan but know he has a following due to the anime.

Game Freak has a love of Callbacks to Kanto, perhaps have Erika and Gardenia in matching Gardenia attires and have them in a double battle in the (inevitable) Sinnoh remakes. They will need to be later on than the 2nd Gym though...or maybe not for someone rolling with Prinplup it will be quite the difficulty spike.

I think Chef Gardenia might object to chopping vegetables.

Edit: Red Monotype Update

I caught an Oddish and nicknamed it Erika. Gen 1 doesn't have Genders...really feels like going back in time. Currently stood outside Surge's Gym.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Erika is not my favourite Gen 1 Gym Leader but Celadon Gym was my favourite Gym. I am doing a Grass Monotype on Red for a nostalgic/challenge purpose as well as my other challenge. I am up to Misty and well...the Gen is definitely showing it's age but the Bulbasaur line is still cool. I completely forgot Paras was a part Grass Type.

Those Gardenia Gifs are incredibly adorable. Of all the Grass Leaders Gardenia is easily the one most dedicated to her type. Cacnea evolves into Cacturne...wouldn't a Grass/Dark Type scare her?

An Adventurer with a team of Ferrothorn, Trevenant, Sceptile and Breloom would be pretty cool. Maybe a less quirky version of the Hoenn Secret Base Guy.

Gardenia tomboyish? As you have said earlier she is the Sinnoh parallel to Misty who was the 'tomboyish mermaid' however after seeing that gif of her hugging Cacnea I still think she is more towards Girly Girl than tomboy. :) Also she has a Turtwig, was she a Pokemon trainer just like the Protagonist once upon a time?

I forgot about the Green Haired Waiter Cilan but know he has a following due to the anime.

Game Freak has a love of Callbacks to Kanto, perhaps have Erika and Gardenia in matching Gardenia attires and have them in a double battle in the (inevitable) Sinnoh remakes. They will need to be later on than the 2nd Gym though...or maybe not for someone rolling with Prinplup it will be quite the difficulty spike.

I think Chef Gardenia might object to chopping vegetables.

Edit: Red Monotype Update

I caught an Oddish and nicknamed it Erika. Gen 1 doesn't have Genders...really feels like going back in time. Currently stood outside Surge's Gym.

Well if I were you I wouldn't use the Paras line.

Yes, probably a hot hunk! {XD} I don't hate the feminine and gentle image of Grass-type. But I want the type to jump out of its 'generalized box', in a similar fashion to a certain Ice-type Gym Leader who doesn't have that generic cold or cool temper.

Nah, it's the ghostly stuff that scares her. While Dark-types aren't spooky. So I believe she has no problem with Shiftry either! ;)

I noticed she's a parallel to Misty as well, haha! Her admiration to her associated type is admirable as well!

Aww... Bellsprout would be a great addition, but you're playing the Red version. :(

Lt. Surge's Gym would be a piece of cake.

New topic:
    What kind of Grass-type move would you like to see in the future?

Last edited:

Rain T.

"You clods!"
    Years
    I'd like to see some more Grass type moves with high power, decent amount of PP, and high accuracy (like Leaf Blade or Energy Ball) because I don't know if we have enough of those. I think a few more physical Grass type moves would be nice too.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'd like to see some more Grass type moves with high power, decent amount of PP, and high accuracy (like Leaf Blade or Energy Ball) because I don't know if we have enough of those. I think a few more physical Grass type moves would be nice too.

Sorry with the lack of topic, Rain, :)

I am so agreeing with this, particularly the Physical Grass moves! Leaf Blade, Wood Hammer, Needle Arm have low distributions, while Power Whip has a great base power the accuracy, however, isn't that good (for a Grass Pokémon).

So yes, there should be a reliable accuracy yet relatively high BP Physical Grass-type move for the likes of Tangrowth and Venusaur!

Additionally, I'd love to see an offensive Grass move with 10%-30% chance of inflicting the target with Sleep status! It might sound like a move that could abused, but to be fair Grass-type needs to have new toys to protect themselves when most Grass Pokémon aren't that great in the defensive stat.

Years
    Rain has a good point there. While we have Grass-type moves with decently good base power, the issue is not so much accuracy (since most do have passable accuracy) or PP, but it's mainly physical moves we are lacking since as he pointed out most of the existing physical Grass moves aren't widespread, even among Grass-type Pokemon themselves but we do have to know most Grass-types run defensive roles or have stats better suited for special attacking moves.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Well if I were you I wouldn't use the Paras line.

Yes, probably a hot hunk! {XD} I don't hate the feminine and gentle image of Grass-type. But I want the type to jump out of its 'generalized box', in a similar fashion to a certain Ice-type Gym Leader who doesn't have that generic cold or cool temper.

Nah, it's the ghostly stuff that scares her. While Dark-types aren't spooky. So I believe she has no problem with Shiftry either! ;)

I noticed she's a parallel to Misty as well, haha! Her admiration to her associated type is admirable as well!

Aww... Bellsprout would be a great addition, but you're playing the Red version. :(

Lt. Surge's Gym would be a piece of cake.

New topic:
    What kind of Grass-type move would you like to see in the future?

The main reason I have not trained up the Paras is the lore behind it. Evolving it into a Parasect basically makes the bug host a zombie, and Paras is cute anyway.

Considering how popular N is with the fandom and the numerous fan art of him, a beefier version that is a Grass Specialist would help the type. I'm imagining long green (Or black) hair, topless with some form of cargo pants and boots. His team would include the more masculine Grass Types - Maybe Venusaur, Ferrothorn, Trevenant, Chesnaught, Shiftry and Mega Sceptile as his Ace.

Whilst I don't do shipping in general Sidney and Gardenia would make a good couple he has a Cacturne and a Shiftry after all. Flannery, Gardenia and Misty are a tomboyish three starter type Leaders. :)

I like Bellsprout but picked Red solely so I can use Oddish and by extension Vileplume. My Gloom Erika is currently packing quite a punch and after some training in Diglett's Cave rolled through Surge's Gym. Next stop...Erika.

What sort of Grass Type Move would you like to see in the future?

It is no secret that Grass Type has a lot of weaknesses and I feel a move similar to Soak (Transforms the target into a Water Type) for Grass would help the Grass Type.

The move could be called 'Pollenate' and could help a Pokemon like say Vileplume and other Grass/Poison types. The Pokemon can hit the target with 'Pollenate'
    then use a move like Acid for a super effective hit.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The main reason I have not trained up the Paras is the lore behind it. Evolving it into a Parasect basically makes the bug host a zombie, and Paras is cute anyway.

Considering how popular N is with the fandom and the numerous fan art of him, a beefier version that is a Grass Specialist would help the type. I'm imagining long green (Or black) hair, topless with some form of cargo pants and boots. His team would include the more masculine Grass Types - Maybe Venusaur, Ferrothorn, Trevenant, Chesnaught, Shiftry and Mega Sceptile as his Ace.

Whilst I don't do shipping in general Sidney and Gardenia would make a good couple he has a Cacturne and a Shiftry after all. Flannery, Gardenia and Misty are a tomboyish three starter type Leaders. :)

I like Bellsprout but picked Red solely so I can use Oddish and by extension Vileplume. My Gloom Erika is currently packing quite a punch and after some training in Diglett's Cave rolled through Surge's Gym. Next stop...Erika.

What sort of Grass Type Move would you like to see in the future?

It is no secret that Grass Type has a lot of weaknesses and I feel a move similar to Soak (Transforms the target into a Water Type) for Grass would help the Grass Type.

The move could be called 'Pollenate' and could help a Pokemon like say Vileplume and other Grass/Poison types. The Pokemon can hit the target with 'Pollenate'
    then use a move like Acid for a super effective hit.

Yeah, it's like offering Paras life to the tochukaso, just look at Parasect's souless eyes. The Paras line is perhaps based on the real lifeZombie Ants or the horror and gore anime/manga Parasyte.

Or a shaman as a Grass Expert user with the design like of Palace Maven Spenser from the Emerald version. :)

I'm sure Erika's gonna be wrecked easily. Lol

The likes of Vileplume and Parasect might be able to spam Pollenate!

As mentioned before our Grass Monotype Race is cancelled because of the Global one!
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=356065

Gothet is going to represent the Grass-type Club! Please show your support to Gothet, who's also going to be the owner of our club soon!

Last edited:
    Back