• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed (Revival)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
Years
  • OOC: O yes, it's back. And with more flare than ever. This time, I am certain it is not going to die like the other...three...times. I would really like it if anyone who joins is dedicated, and will not leave halfway through. If you do, I shall be most angry. And trust me, you don't want to see me angry. My RP skills are a bit rsty, but thanks to Origin's Digimon RP, I'm getting back into my RP shoes. I hope this takes it one step further. Without further ado, I bring you...

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed
    A Roleplay by Deathspector

Storyline

Professor Oak, the famous Pokèmon Professor, and renowned artist in Pokèmon Poems has opened his laboratory yet again, for a group of young trainers, intent on claiming the title of "Pokèmon Master". This time, however, the Professor has decided to give the children a much larger variety of Pokèmon to choose from. He has told the children that they may choose any Pokèmon which they want, apart from any Dragons or any Legendaries. He says that they are too rare to have as starters.

You see these posters all over the walls in your home own, and rush to Pallet Town, wanting to begin your Pokèmon jouirney. When you reach the laboratory, you notice four other trainers also standing outside the laboratory, and realise that they must also be here to get a Pokèmon.

Professor Oak then opens his laboratory doors, and one by one lets in all of the other trainers to choose their Pokèmin, including you. Once you get your Pokèmon, all five of you, without knowing it, head off in the same direction: to Viridian City.

But just before you reach Viridian City, you see a flash of pallid blue light, and you are drawn towards it. Once you step inside the light, you fel as if you have been knocked out, and when you wake up, you are far from home...

Mission

Little do you know, but you have just found out another completely differrnt region. Your mission in the RPG is to find your way home, without disrupting the peaceful life of the Pokèmon without humans. Yes, you may catch some new Pokèmon, but make it realistic.

But remember, you do not know where you are.

Other Bits of Information

I will only allow five people into the RPG, including me. This means that once I have accepted four other people, no one else may join.

I will not tollerate one liners, so if you like to post one liners, please do not join in here unless you decide to turn over a new leaf.

Also, I would like it if you did NOT write in chat-speak while in character, and use proper English or American grammer

Rules

-No Godmodding.

-If your are injured in the RPG, do not miraculously get healed, unless there is a reason to it, like a Miltank, or a Chansey.

-Remember. You have no clue where you are, and what you have to do. So please don't immediately start off in a direction whcih you think is home.

-No random teleportation. For example. Don't say this: I went into the forest. I came out of the forest with my new Pokèmon."

-Make everything you do very realistic. Action scenes. Emotional scenes...the works.

-Also, try not to use nicknames which have already been taken. For example. If I have a Charmander by the nickname Blaze, then don't use the nickname Blaze, or anything with the root word of Blaze, for any of your Pokèmon.

-You may catch no more than six Pokèmon.

Form

Name: (no specifications here)

Pokèmon Team: (you will catch new Pokèmon, so update this when you catch new Pokèmon. Just remember...NO LEGENDS)

Pokèmon Team-to-be: (post the five other Pokèmon you will catch, and at what stage)

Personality: (in detail if you please)

Description: (in detail if you please)

History: (in detail if you please)

Extra Information: (optional)

DS

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • (Wow! It's back again. I can't believe this died so many times, I thought it was a cool plot. Anyway, I'll most definitely sign up once more, so reserve a spot, please. =D Sign-up should be finished really soon.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Mmm...Pickle. *shot* By the way, could you add just a few lines more to the plot? Just to be on the safe side, because it's teetering on the edge right now, and I don't want to get blamed for being biased or something. ^^;;

Name: Sia Lyons

Pokèmon Team:
    Flaaffy [Cotton] [F]

Pokèmon Team-to-be:
    Ampharos [Cotton-F], Numel [Bok-M], Wailord [Luka-M], Tangela [Ivy-F], Claydol [Chess-M], Fearow [Pell-M]

Personality: Sia is a very pleasant girl, who's just about everything but mistrustful. To an extreme extent. Sia is one of the most gullible girls ever, as she'll believe just about any kind of nonsense that's spewed at her. This makes her have an innocent, childish appearance, the difference between her and a child only being that she rarely feels any emotion to any kind of extreme, be it slightly extreme or the opposite. This makes her a kind of push-over at first, because she doesn't usually feel "angry" instead, she feels "annoyed". Not only this, but Sia isn't exactly the most confident person in the world, as she always over-estimate's her opponent, and under-estimate's herself. Having been born into a well-off family, she's always very surprised when she finds someone who isn't as well off as her family, and has flawless manners. She speaks in a very formal way at all times, and is always uncomfortable when someone addresses her in a casual way, or when someone speaks casually to her, though, as time goes on, she get's used to it. Sia has a 'three strikes' system, in which she'll give anybody the benefit of the doubt three times, before she makes her permenant judgement on someone, and usually, this judgement never ever changes, even if the person she's judges becomes the absolute opposite in the future.

Description: Sia's waist-long gray hair is held back by a black headband, her hair matching her wide steely gray eyes, and her bangs swept aside to reveal these orbs of metal. She has pale, clear skin, and has a delicate appearance. She wears a white scoop-neck long-sleeved top, which hugs her small curves, flowing with the black splatter pattern in the lower right, and upper left corner of the shirt. A short black pleated skirt covers her mid-section, and is tied at the waist with a white rope styled tassle belt, which wraps around her hips twice. On her feet she wears a pair of black ballerina-style slippers without the ribbons, with silver lining, and black tights cover her once bare legs. A black glove covers her right hand, and a black chain necklace that hangs a red pendant complete's her attire, the pendant being the only splash of color in her outfit. She carries a black and white striped sling bag, which carries most- if not all of her nesseccities.

History: Sia was the star in the Lyons family life, as she was always the perfect little girl, who never complained or whined. Of course, her father never knew this, as they were always too busy to see her unless there was a party being hosted at their expansive home. Her father, being an electrical plant owner in Larousse City of Hoenn, where just about everything runs on electricity 24/7, became very rich, and very busy, before Sia was born, and her Mother died giving birth to the girl. There were many reasons as to why Sia's Father avoided her, and one was because she resembled her Mother much much more then she resembled him. Sia was told this plenty of times in the household, but she never believed the words degrading her remaining, "uncaring" parent. As she grew older, she began to learn different skills, to pass the time, as she was schooled at home by a private tutor who taught the basic subjects, manners, and then left quite early. Gymnastics, Dance, Violin, Harp, Piano, and she read all about the rest. It became so that she only learned how to speak to adults, in the mannerly way, as she had never come into contact with anyone her age. Sia's older brother was also rarely around, though he showed up quite a bit more then her father did, and ironically enough, he resembled their father more then their mother, which was why it was much easier for their father to stand him being around. Her brother brought her lot's of different things from different and exotic regions, which he always spent a little time playing with her. In fact, it was her brother who encouraged her to Professor Oak's place and start a journey to get out a little more and learn how to live on her own. It was her brother's suggestion, and Sia agreed immediately, without a second thought.

Extra Information: Sia knows the skills listed quite well, especially Dancing and Gymnastics, which gives her a very graceful walk and poise, partnered with her good manners and habits. She addresses everyone as "Mr." or "Ms." or "Mrs.", unless she's addressing someone younger then herself.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2007
    Name: Steven

Pokèmon Team: Houndour-Male-Dark and Quiet

Pokèmon Team-to-be:

Houndoom-Male- Obtained as Houndour

Mightyena-Male- Obtained as Poochyena

Jolteon-Female- Obtained as Eevee

Blazekien-Male- Obtained as Torchic

Starmie-Unknown Obtained as Staryu

Tyranatair-Female- Obtained as Larvitar

Personality:Steven has a funny personailty. He is not that serious during really bad times and he is mostly in a lot of trouble. Steven has a really bad way of not watching what he says and every now and then he may hurt someones feelings. He is really devoted to his Pokemon and his friends and wil try his best to help anybody out. Steven is also not on the smart side he most of the time he dose not think clearly and he also lives in his own little fantasy world like some normal elven year old boys.

Description:Steven is about 4'11 and weights in at 91 pounds. He has darkened skin and brown eyes. He wears a blue jacket with yellow stripes and pull strings. He also wears his favorite blue jean pants and black shoes that have silver stripes. He carries around a black pack with the word "peace" written on it in English and in Chiniese also. Steven has really long legs which are really good for running, he also has really strong arms for heavy lifting and dealing with surival.

History: Steven lived a poor live his faimly could hardly afford food on the table and could hardly pay for him to go to school. He sometimes played with wild Pokemon in the woods because he had no friends or no toys. Then one day his dad died and his faimly ran out of money then his Mother was going through hard times so they moved to Pallet town.Steven eventually made friends and his Mother started to make decent money he was then living the good life.Then he decided he was ready for the adventourous live he felt like he wanted to get more closer to Pokemon so he felt like becoming a trainer. After Steven decided to be a Pokemon trainer he went to ask his mother he become one his mother said no after begging and pleadling with her she finally said yes. But then his faimly suddenly went low on money....again as if it seemed his dream of becoming a Pokemon Trainer was never going to become true, his new friends left him, he lost almost everything he had but he had to be a trainer he raised money himself to pay for all his suppilies he would be using on his journey. Then he was able to finally set out on his quest.

Extra Infomation:He is very creative.

Last edited:

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • Name: Toren Shazuma (Yeah, same old same old XD)

Pokèmon Team:

Species: Eevee
    Name: Eevee
    Obtained: Professor's Lab

Pokèmon Team-to-be:

Espeon (Espeon, Female) Obtained as Eevee
    Grovyle (Grovyle, Male) Obtained as Grovyle
    Marowak (Marowak, Male) Obtained as Cubone
    Sneasel (Sneasel, Female) Obtained as Sneasel
    Gyarados (Gyarados, Male) Obtained as Magikarp
    Pichu (Pichu, Male) Obtained as Pichu

(Not necessarily caught in that order)

Personality: Toren is usually very timid and quiet, shy in other words. He would rather smile and nod then talk a lot. However, he will speak out to voice his opinion or help someone in need. He is loyal to his friends and is very honest and truthful. He can be helpful in tough situations, and will try to do his best at everything he attempts. He looks at the world as just one large library, of sorts. When he's not drawing or playing with his Pokemon, he usually dives into some sort of book, whether it is one about fantasy or a biography. He would like to learn more about Pokemon and their world, and perhaps grow up to be a world-renowned researcher.

Description:Toren is about average height for his age, maybe a little bit shorter. His mother always complains about how thin he is, but since he moved, he doesn't eat as much as he used to. The clothes that he wears are pretty normal. For his top half, he has on a dark blue collared shirt. He normally wears regular blue jeans, but sometimes has on khaki pants. He basically wears white socks and black shoes with silver streaks. His hair is a medium brown color and looks like standard spiky anime hair for guys. His eyes are light blue, and he is slightly tanned. He always wears his silver necklace with half of a star on it.

History: Toren grew up in the wonderful (At least, to him) Goldenrod City in the Johto region. He had many friends and enjoyed his days at the Pokemon Academy. His father worked as a researcher at the nearby lab, and his mother baby-sat local Pokemon. He always loved to help her out with the feeding, walking, and the best of all, playing.

Unfortunately, Toren's father was offered his dream job in a lab in the Kanto region. They had to pack up everything in move. Toren thought that he would never be happy again, as he thought that he had already had the perfect life. Now, everything was going to be different. He can't make any friends, his mother can't find any work, and he's in a new, strange place.

As they say, every cloud has a silver lining, albeit a small one. Toren was sent a letter by a different laboratory not too far from their home: Professor Oak's. he was offering Toren a Pokemon of his very own, and best of all, he could pick out of almost anyone of them! Toren was overjoyed, counting the minutes until he was to receive a Pokemon…

Extra Information: Not much. Toren sometimes liked to draw, even though he doesn't think he's very good at it.

Well, hope that's good enough. I borrowed a little bit from past sign-up… hope that's okay. ^^;

Last edited:

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
  • That makes me #4~ XD!

Name: Alandros Martinez

Pokèmon Team: Rioru *Lucas*, Male (Rioru isn't a Legendary, and neither is Lucario so, it's allowed.)

Pokèmon Team-to-be:
    Lucas *Lucario*, male (Evolved from Rioru)
    Porqueno *Wynaut* male
    Emperuto, male (caught as Pocchama)
    Pike *Pachirisu*, Female
    Spance *Erureido* Male (Caught as Raltz)
    PoyPoy *Togekissu* Male (Found as Togepi)

Personality: (in detail if you please)
    ((For Discps of each new pokemon look in Psypoke.com))

Description: Simple farm boy by the looks of it, dirty brown hair, deep green eyes. Long sleeve black shirt with a silver Flame on the front, clashes with bright yellow pants with red flames crawling down the sides. Black leather combat boots make for a very proud cloths combo, it all gets ruined when you look up and see his purple top hat that he believes makes him look taller.

History: Ever since he was little he's been with Pokemon, his father was a champion trainer, and his mother was a blue ribbon winning breeder. He's always loved Pokemon and wished to fallow in his father's footsteps. But at the age of 10 he was told that he shouldn't even try. Reason, He inherited Idiopathic Epilepsy from his fathers side of the family. He swore to not let it limit him, ignoring his mother's protest, he left the morning of Prf. Oak's quest and got his first Pokemon, with Pills in hand he plans to be as good a trainer as his father.

Extra Information: Will always be seen taking pills to keep from getting seizures, but he only has three bottles with him...

DaVinci

Le Da Vinci Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2007
    Jessica Rose

Name: Jessica Rose

Pokèmon Team:

Species: Smeargle
    Name: Da Vinci
    Obtained: Professor's Lab

Pokèmon Team-to-be:
    Smeargle
    Ninetails Obaitained as Vulpix
    Polywrath Obaitained as Polywhirl
    Bayleef Obaitained as Chikorita
    Scizor Obaitained as Scyther
    Mr.Mime Obaitained as egg..

Personality: Jessica has a creative personality which she shows in the way she draws and paint and her faveroute pokemon but due to her past she has become a cold person who show little emotion when not drawing. Due to her emotionless state she has been known to shown anger towards the world. Jessica is also known to be sneaky and manipulitive using her personality to get her what she needs from those with little inteligence through the art of thievery.

Description: Jessica stand at about 5ft 3 and had long brown hair which she has been known to die streaks into depending on what her latest peace of artwork was, she wears black trousers and jacket with a t-shirt that has had its left sleeve ripped off. She is creative and likes to draw life mxed in with her personality. She is Lonely and because of this she's cold hearted.

History: Jessica grew up in Johto in a small town called Newbark by the age of 4 she was great at art and could draw pokemon in great detail but one day when she was 10 her house was burnt dwon by a group of grunts from a criminal group called Neo Team Rocket they were accompanied by a man wearing a ice mask who tried to take Jessica but managed to get away when she found her brothers Bayleef which she used to hold back the Mask Of Ice and escape. Unfortunatly the Bayleef died in the fire. When Jessica escaped from the burning wreck of her house and headed for Kanto by stealing money from passers by unti lshe had the $14000 dollars for a ticket. When she finnaly managed to get to Kanto at Vermillion City she began to travel to Pallet Town though because of her small knowledge of Kanto she got lost on her way and was found by a kind old lady near death. When she finnaly became councious bandaged up and in a bed she stayed with the small couple for a few months then went on with her journey. Now she has finnally arrived at Pallet town clothes wrecked and body warn out. During her journeys she managed to draw many pieces of art that she keeps on her person.

Extra Information: Always has some sort of notepad or drawing tools with her.

Last edited:

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
  • Bijou – Perfect sign-up as usual. Accepted.

Tempest – Again, a good sign-up. Accepted.

PkmnBreederSteven – A bit more on the history would be nice. Pending

JBCBlank – I don't know much about the fourth generation Pokemon. And, you haven't done a description..sorry but you're declined.

DaVinci – More on the personality. Pending.

THAT'S IT PEOPLE. ONCE PBS AND DAVINCI AND DONE THEIR SIGN-UPS, AND MEMORY REPLIES TO MY PM, WE SHALL BEGIN.

My Sign-Up

Name: Nathaniel Winterfield

Pokémon Team:

Species: Larvitar
    Nickname: Terra-Textrix
    Obtained: Professor Oak's Laboratory

Pokémon Team-to-be:

Terra-Textrix (Tyranitar; Female) – Obtained as a Larvitar
    Flamma-Vinco (Arcanine; Male) – Obtained as a Growlithe
    Venin-Langue (Arbok; Male) – Obtained as an Ekans
    Veloce (Scyther; Male) – Obtained as a Scyther
    Amiga (Psyduck; Female) – Obtained as a Psyduck
    Viento-Jineta (Pidgeotto; Female) – Obtained as a Pidgey

Personality: Nathaniel tries his very best to be kind-hearted and understanding. He really does. But he never succeeds. Being brought up by snooty rich people, he has become a snooty rich person. He looks down upon poorer people with an upturned nose. He cannot imagine a world without the luxuries that he possesses, and has no idea how the middle and lower classes survive. However, despite all of this, he is quite an intelligent person. In fact, he is smarter than most people his age, and smarter than most people older than him as well. He has had countless arguments with his teachers, and often won them. This only boosted his self-confidence, and he continued to do so. He enjoys spending time with people of his intelligence level, and getting into "intelligent conversations".

Appearance: Nathaniel is of middle height, and slender build. Because e is not big-built, he seems to be tall, but really, he is of normal height. He has dark hair, almost black in colour, and silky to touch. He has grown it quite long, and takes extra good care of it. Often, when he is not watching, it falls in front of his eyes, and he is forced to brush it out. Speaking of which, his eyes are a dazzling blue in colour. They seem to be an ocean of emotions, swirling about without a beginning, nor an end. His skin is of pale complexion, and has a few freckles along his sculpted nose. His attire is actually quite formal for someone of his age, but he has been brought up like that. He wears a pair of flat-front navy blue trousers, worn slightly below the normal waistline. He couples that with a white shirt, which has the first three buttons casually undone, and is not tucked in. He wears black leather shoes.

History: Nathaniel was born to Samuel and Marissa Winterfield. Being an only son, he was treated with affection, and pampered to the brink. He lived his first eight years in pleasantness, with the existence of his parents over his shoulder whenever he needed them. His parents were loving, and kind, and tried their best to make his life a happy one. He had everything he needed. Then came that fateful business proposal. His father wanted to get richer, so that he could support his family better, and left his pleasant home near the Vermillion seaside to go to Goldenrod in Johto. He would return once or twice every three months to see his family. For two years they lived like this, until his mother was called over to Goldenrod. She left Nathaniel with her sister and her brother-in-law. They were extremely rich and snooty, and their personality rubbed off on Nathaniel. Meanwhile, in Goldenrod, Marissa discovered that Samuel was seeing another woman there, and went berserk. Within one year, divorce papers were issued, and Marissa returned to her parents in Hoenn, while Samuel was busy working. They completely forgot about Nathaniel, who was living with Francesca and Michael Redwood. He then heard about Professor Oak's final round of giving out Pokémon, and knew that he had to go. If it weren't to build up his own confidence, at least it was to get away from his aunt and uncle.

Extra Information: Nathaniel's Pokémons' names are all from different languages. Terra-Textrix and Flamma-Vinco are both Latin names. The former meaning Earth-Weaver and the latter meaning Flame-Master. Venin-Langue is French for Poison-Tongue, while Veloce is Italian for Swift. Amiga and Viento-Jineta are Spanish meaning Friend and Wind-Rider.

Last edited:

DaVinci

Le Da Vinci Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2007
    Ok I did a bit more on personality hope it will be ok. Cant wait to start.

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
  • I'm gonna try and fix my sign up sheet, if you don't mind... i got a touch of insperation, I'm also gonna include pics and short descripcions of the 4th gen pokemon.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    -OoC-

Is this rp still open for sign ups? Or ish it full? ^^

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Other Bits of Information

I will only allow five people into the RPG, including me. This means that once I have accepted four other people, no one else may join.

I will not tollerate one liners, so if you like to post one liners, please do not join in here unless you decide to turn over a new leaf.

Also, I would like it if you did NOT write in chat-speak while in character, and use proper English or American grammer

Although I am just browsing the threads, the owner of the thread did say this

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, it's against the rules to ask I know, but it doesn't seem as though the fifth sign-up is coming. ^^; Would it be okay to start Death? It'd be kind of sad if this roleplay died for like, a third time.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • Yeah, I know, and this one hasn't even started yet. XD I've been on PC every single day since my last post, and checked this thread like three times a day to see if it's started yet. XD I hope we begin soon.

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • Is it to late to sign up?

Name : zak
    POkemon team: Houndoom,
    Pokemon team to be:
    Houndour
    Growlithe
    rapidash - obtained as ponyta
    Vulpix
    Flareon - obtained as eevee

Personality;
    Zak is funny and impulsive but doesent always think about what he's saying until he's already said it , he's trustworthy and reliable and has a love for dog pokemon , once his mind is made up its very hard to persuade him other wise,

Description ,
    About 5ft9, light skin and short cut blondish brownish hair sprayed up at the tip , greyish green eyes and always wearin Jeans and a t-shirt,

History,
    Zak grew up in the famous pewter city living with his older brother brock , Zak Was very lonely because there were not alot of other children where he lieved and his brother had alot of responisbility in his gym ,
    One day Zak was walking home from school when eating a hotdog and was atacked by a hungry pidgey , he strugled for a few minuites shouting and swinging for the pidgey when a scruffy looking houndour flash fried the pidgey, after that he gave the houndour the hotdog and walked home , the houndour folowing , A fe years later he set off his journey with his evolved houndour , houndoom,

extra - Houndoom was never captured thus walks by zaks side or carries zak on his back,

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back