• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed (Revival)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: Deathspector has given me permission to start as he re-configures his computer, which won't let him into PC or something.

IC: I took a deep breath, brushing my hair back from my face as the light breeze danced through the steely gray strands. I'd always gotten into lots of trouble with other kids because of my hair color, but no longer. I was a trainer now, and there was no one who could stop me! Oh, well, I was almost a trainer. I opened the door to Professor Oak's lab and blinked, looking around, noticing the hustle and bustle of the lab I'd never stepped into before...now! I took a triumphant (tentative) step into the lab and stood beside the door, crunched up with my legs crossed and arms behind my back to be as inconspicuous as possible. I looked around, and thought of what kind of pokemon I wanted. Actually, I'd known exactly what pokemon I'd wanted the minute I left home, and I knew exactly what I'd name the little cutie. But there was a problem for me. I was too embarrassed and shy to ask any of the lab assistants for help, so there I stood, looking around like a child half my age. After a few minutes of utter boredom on my part, I finally mustered up the courage to utter an, "E-Excuse me..."

The nearest lab assisstant jumped, having not even noticed me, as invisible as I was. He spun around and finally saw the being standing next to the door, and smiled, "Here for a pokemon? Well, you'll have to wait just a second, The Professor will call you when he's ready. You can wait over there on those seats." He pointed to a set of chairs that looked incredibly uncomfortable to me, but I sat, nonetheless, without complaint, still examining my surroundings like a newborn kitten who'd just opened it's eyes to find just about everything in the world as a huge tower.

I hoped I wouldn't be stuck traveling on my own, as I had always...not...imagined. I fiddled with the fraying edges of my tassle belt, then the hem of my skirt, before I moved my black sling bag that crossed my torso and rested on the small of my back from my body and set it on the seat beside me as quietly as I could. Sitting with my legs together and hands folded in my lap with a straight back, I was sure I looked every part the girl I was, which was exactly what I was aiming for.

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • (Finally. I've been waiting so long. XD)

(EDIT: I changed my Pokemon Team around, hope that's okay. ^^; )

Toren stared up at the lab in awe, his hands shoved in his pockets where they were usually kept. His cloak billowed in the wind that blew through the area, as did his messy brown hair. But he really wasn't thinking about that right now. The main goal was to get a Pokemon and get out of this place. One day he would return to Johto . . . no matter what he had to do.

Forgetting his manners and not even knocking, Toren pushed through the door of the lab and looked around. A smile crossed his face. The day was finally here.

Toren noticed that another around his age was already here. An early-bird. Toren was more of a "you get there when you get there" kind of person. Never too early, never too late.

Sensing that a bit of a wait would be involved, Toren took a seat a couple down from the girl. He closed his eyes and relaxed, though on the inside he felt as he were going to burst. This was one of the most exciting times in his life--the beginning of a journey. Just he and his partner.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2007
    Steven wandered into the lab he slowy opened the door and and walked in "This is going to be so cool." he said to himself he thought the Pokemon he was going to choose.A Pichu or a Eevee maybe I always wandered what a Houndour would like on my side of the field oh well I figure it out sooner or later he thought in his head he walked by a machine he wanted to mess with it but he decided not to. He sat down three sets from a boy still thinking about what Pokemon to choose. As he waited still thought "Choosing a Pokemon is so hard." he said to himself again "No no maybe a Dratini or a Bulbasuar this is so hard when you have a large variety!" he yelled.

Last edited:

DaVinci

Le Da Vinci Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2007
    (ooc: Finnaly I shall post. )

I shoved the door open and walked in trying to catch my breath. Those Spearows had been fast but finally after months, years of traveling I was here at Professor Oaks lab. Here I would finally get my Pokemon and become a great trainer. I brushed some dirt off of my ripped clothes and smiled at the people who were staring at me.

" Excuse me?" I said voice only a whisper to one of assistants who was still trying to work out if I was some tramp who had wandered in or a child looking for a pokemon. I could blame him either. The journey had been hard and had many cuts, some still bleeding and bruises that were a strange green color all over. That and the black jeans I wore were missing half a leg and the rest was pretty much shredded. My top was just as bad.

" Excuse me I'm here for a Pokemon, " I said breaking the silence that had slowly built up. The assistant coughed to off his glasses and began to clean one of the lenses.

" Take a seat Proffesor Oak will call you when he's ready," The assistant said staring at his glasses trying not to make eye contact. I sighed and turned and walked deeper into the lab finally slumping down on a chair and waving at the other trainers. Why were people staring? I asked myself then closed my eyes and began to think about which pokemon I should choose.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: DEATHSPECTOR. >OOO I can't post until you do, because I forget whether we have control over the Professor or not. >.<; And I also don't want to leave you in the dark, so, excuse me while I force you to post in your own thread. xD

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
  • OOC: DEATHSPECTOR. >OOO I can't post until you do, because I forget whether we have control over the Professor or not. >.<; And I also don't want to leave you in the dark, so, excuse me while I force you to post in your own thread. xD

OOC: I take my hat off to you, Ms. Bijou, for forcing me to post in my own thread. A deed of remarkable courage and preservation (wtf?). I then put my hat back on for fear of losing it (it cost bloody five pounds, I'd better not lose it) and prepare to write. And PkmnBreederSteve, please post longer posts than that. Refer to this, or posts by the others to see the expected length. I'm sorry, but too many more of that quality, and I will be forced into doing something I hate, and asking you to leave. Now, I do not wish to scare you form the Roleplay, but I'm merely warning you to spend time over your posts. We don't post too quickly, Bijou, Tempest and I (dunno about DaVinci). And Bijou, feel free to take control of the Professor, as I feel that NPCs should be able to be controlled by all.

IC:

Going over all of the articles he had recently read, Nathaniel walked up to the looming mass that was Professor Oak's Laboratory. The massive white building seemed intimidating as Nathaniel neared it, and a bout of nervousness errupted in his chest, causing him to pause and take a deep breath. Recovering form this sudden burts of rhinos in his stomach, Nathaniel walked up to the door, an biting his lip in what he hoped was a dignified manner, knocked. It was opened by a lady in a white lab coat. Evidently one of Professor oak's assistants.

"Hello," greeted Nathaniel, somwhat releived that he didn't need to speak to the professor just yet, "I'm here for a Pokémon."

The assistant nodded, replying in fluttering tones. "Glad you could make it. Everyone else has come, but we were afraid that you would not. Please take a seat, and I shall alert the professor that yo have arrived. After that, everyone will be requested to get a Pokémon, and then you can all leave on your various journeys."

Nathaniel attempted a smile, and walked in, noticing at once (he had an odd habit for this) that there was one girl and three boys waiting. Feeling slightly guilty about causing these people to wait, Nathaniel took his seat, closest to the entrance, and furthest from the door that was obviously Profesor Oak's office. Suddenly, a voice came from within.

"Miss Sia Lyons? Please Enter."

OOC: Crappy post. CURSE YOU TEH WRITERS BLOCK! Ahem. Please continue.

DS

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Sia stood up, smoothed out her skirt and hurried inside, not wanting to make anyone wait because of her. Entering the room, she looked around herself, almost entirely forgetting what pokemon she wanted after seeing all the pokeball's surrounding her. Professor Oak stood just off to the side with a kind smile on his face, saying to her, "Hello there, my name is Professor Oak. As you can see, there are plenty of pokeballs to choose from, so is there any pokemon in particular that you'd like to join you on your journey?"

Sia chewed on the inside of her bottom lip before uttering, "U-um, Flaffy? I-Is that okay?"

"Certainly!" Professor Oak replied, as an Aipom ran across the shelves of pokemon and grabbed one in it's tail before presenting it to Sia, who took it carefully, "And I wish you good luck on your journey!" Sia nodded and smiled, thanking him before leaving the room, to see the other three who were still waiting. She flushed at the fact that she'd been caught seen so happy and immediately left the laboratory as quickly as she could. The last thing she heard other then the usual hustle and bustle was,

"Mr. Toren Shazuma, please enter."

OOC: You think your post is crap? xDD

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • [DS, you're back! Yaaaaay! :D I was just about to die from waiting! XD]

Toren watched as the girl was called into the back room to receive her Pokemon. It only took around one minute before she had come back, a shiny Pokeball resting in her hands. Toren stared in awe. In just a few moments, he would be holding the same thing. What an exciting moment!

Toren's heart skipped a beat when he heard his name called. He slowly stood up from his chair and walked nervously towards the next room. He pushed open the door and stared around in amazement. There were shelves and shelves lined with hundreds of Pokeballs! This must be what heaven is like, Toren though.

"Well, hello there young man. I'm Professor Oak. You're here for a Pokemon, correct?"

Toren nodded nervously, glancing at the Professor. He knew what Pokemon he wanted, but . . .

"And which one would you like? Pick anything you like, except Dragons and Legendaries. I don't have any of those."

"Err, c-can I maybe h-have an Eevee? I would like to evolve it into an Espeon, my favorite Pokemon..."

"Why of course! I have a lot of people wanting that Pokemon. Quite a popular little creature. Aipom, please grab one of the Eevee's, please."

Aipom scurried along one of the shelves until it came to a certain spot. It grabbed one of the spheres and then turned to look at Toren. It thrashed its tail and the ball hurled into the air. Toren hurriedly stepped forward and caught the cold sphere of metal in his hands.

"Thank you, Professor... I'll always remember this."

Professor Oak smiled warmly, Toren returning the greeting. He then turned around and started walking back. As he opened the door, Oak's voice echoed into the next room.

"Steven, please!"

DaVinci

Le Da Vinci Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2007
    ooc: Can I change what pokemon I want to a Chansey?

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
  • OOC: Sorry, but Chansey would be considered as too strong. If you wish, you may capture a Chansey later on, perhaps as your last Pokémon. Any more comments like that may be sent over PM, so that we don't clutter up the board with OOC posts. I've sent Steven a PM, but he still hasn't replied. In two days, if he hasn't posted, then we shall asume that he no longer wishes to roleplay, and can decide what to do with his character.

DS

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    OOC: We keep posting, that's what. >D But I've nothing to say, so SOMEBODY ELSE POST FIRST! 8D

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
  • OOC: -sigh- I hate to see this thing die again. -Glares at the two inactive people- Why do you join a role-play if you're not going to stick with it?! -'nother sigh-

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2007
    ((OCC:Sorry I have had crazy things going on and I have forgot please don't be mad at me))
    Steven stood up "huh?" he said he stood up and went to Professor Oak he looked around wondering what Pokemon he should get he walked into the back room where the Professor was he saw acouple more kids walk out "Hello Professor Oak I would like a Houndour it is my favorite Pokemon" he said he looked around very neviorusly "Please." he said again.

"Yes you may." he said "Aipom a Houndour." he said the Aipom went over and went over and got a Pokeball "Thanks alot." Steven said and he walked back out.

"Next please!" he called out for the next one.

((I don't know who is next))

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back