• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A friend's dogs just had puppies... Guess what her son named them?

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
Years
  • Yeah, a good friend's two dogs just recently had seven puppies, and her five year old son who's recently had quite the Pokemon obsession had the privilege of naming four of them...

Shinx, Cresselia, Blissey and Shellos are four perfectly healthy Cocker Spaniel pups with some of the oddest names anyone's ever heard xD. What's more, all of their new owners have decided to keep their names (although Cresselia shortened to Cressy and Shellos to Shelly).

I thought this was hilarious. Thank god my friend didn't let him name the rest of them (he was quite upset when she told him he couldn't name one Regigigas :P).

Anyone have any similar stories, or have any pets named after Pokemon?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I don't have a similar story, but that was quite a laugh to read! xD
    ...Too bad he didn't name one Regigigas, it'd be cool to have a dog named Gigas...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • My brother named his pet rat "Rattata". :D

It ran away after a couple of months. D:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Never heard of anything close to this. XD; I sometimes call my Dachshund Houndoom, but it's a rare nickname.

But yeah, that's awesome, hahaha. (except cress: that poor dog, named after a space duck)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • My friend named his dog deeyojee. (sound it out) and another friend of mine had a dog named pup.

Philosoraptor

Spiral King
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    Should have named 'em Raikou, Suicune, and Entei.

Fourth one could be Bob.

Bob would be the cocker spaniel equivalent to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • When I was little whenever I went to my friend's house he would call his dog Charizard, of course that wasn't its real name, he was just trying to look cool for having a pet named Charizard.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    A long time ago (when I was probably in the range of 5-7 years old) our cat had 4 kittens. One of 'em I think we named Persian and another one Meowth. Maybe it was one or the other though, I don't really remember. Those were some good times...

Steelix8

The Undertaker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    When I was little whenever I went to my friend's house he would call his dog Charizard, of course that wasn't its real name, he was just trying to look cool for having a pet named Charizard.

Funny enough, a girl at my school has a small orange dog who's name is Charizard.

I kid you not.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • i used to call my pets pokemon names sometimes. But never actually had one officially named after a pokemon. But when we move and I get my three guinea pigs... I'm thinking maybe...Zigzagoon, Cubone, Pichu... or maybe Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu

Years
  • With seven puppies I'd have gone for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Dave personally but that's probably just me.

And never heard of this before but we've never really had pets due to allergies and the likes.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I'd call my dog Suicune and my aunt's dog Bob of Lolfails or Marco but Entei's better .

Honestly , naming pets after Pokemon seems weird . We now need to see a giraffe named Girafarig or a pidgeon called Pidgey ! @.@

Lua

dharma bum
    Years
  • haha at least they're slightly normal names..
    i mean if you knew nothing about pokemon, they wouldn't sound too weird..

cresselia's actually quite a sweet name..it sounds rathah posh..cressy..cressy! come get your caviah..

if i ever get kids im calling them seviper and zangoose and then i can smile knowingly as they they beat the crap out of each other over their barbie dolls..
    nah that's a tad OTT..>.> although i always thought gyrados had a nice ring to it ;D<jokesjokes>

coots

I'mma eat chuu
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    I totally expected him to name them after the dogs lawls
    I named my cat Chansey
    =D

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • This has got to be the most awesomest thing I have ever heard of. xD; If I would of thought of naming my cat after a Poke'mon, I would of named her Meowth, Skitty or Delcatty. =3

Back