• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A fun thing to do if you are bored of your Pokemon games

Pinky Diaper

Beauty - A perfect Picture
Years
  • Okay, you're bored of your games and you're looking for something fun to do. Why not copy Ash's Journey and go through Pokemon world by visiting all the regions. Confused? i'll explain.

Things you need

• One game from each region/generation
    • A Gba/Gb and a Ds
    What you need to do

Grab your Kanto game (i'll use Fire Red) Restart, Play through the whole game until you deafeat the e4.
    After you've finished with Kanto, head to Johto, grab a Johto game (i'll use Silver) Start again and use the same name as you used In Fire Red and finish Silver as well. Just keep doing the same thing Until you finish Sinnoh, then you're the master.

Games

Kanto - Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red, Leaf Green
    Johto - Gold, Silver, Crystal
    Hoenn - Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
    Sinnoh - Diamond, Pearl

My status

Name - Sam
    Current Location - Hoenn (Emerald). Battling Rayquaza.

Last notes

You don't have to do this, it's just a fun way to play

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    and why is this fun? anway; when people are going to do this, please send all your legendaries, shinies and well trained pokemon to me first

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    plus: the whole point of only having one slot to save your game is because pokemon is something that never stops. you start and expand (training more and better pokemon, collecting, catching, contests, etc). its not so much about the storyline, that is made for 3 year olds anyway

Pinky Diaper

Beauty - A perfect Picture
    Years
  • plus: the whole point of only having one slot to save your game is because pokemon is something that never stops. you start and expand (training more and better pokemon, collecting, catching, contests, etc). its not so much about the storyline, that is made for 3 year olds anyway
    Excuse me are you calling me immature. I just put my thought up, don't be so mean <0

Pokégirl1

Pokégirl
    Years
  • I think it sounds like fun. I thought about doing what Ash did. I think it's a cool idea. It shows how big of a fan you are :)

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • People have actually been doing this for years. ^_^; Sometimes, when you begin a new game on any of the Gameboy games, you just have a name that you don't want to part with. For example, the name of my character on Crystal, Sapphire, and Diamond are all the same: my own. Sure, I don't really think of it as transplanting my character from one region to the next. I just think of it more as just not wanting to name my character anything other than, well, my own name.

So, yeah, in a sense, I'm already working on Sinnoh with this challenge. XD

And on top of that, I'm working on creating a living Pokedex, or a game that has one of each species of Pokemon in it (aside from event Pokemon unless someone's generous).

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • QUOTE: EVERYONE
    Ok guys, you can cool it down on him. He's just stating what he thinks is fun. I'm sure you like to do things that nobody else thinks is fun, too.

And @ Storm-DC (used to be Dutch_Courage, didn't cha?):

plus: the whole point of only having one slot to save your game is because pokemon is something that never stops. you start and expand (training more and better pokemon, collecting, catching, contests, etc). its not so much about the storyline, that is made for 3 year olds anyway

If it's so pointless, why do you keep coming back to tell him about how dumb you think it is? Do you feel insecure about yourself, and need to sound tough? Wow, so you're 21 years old picking on a 13 year old for speaking his mind...just to sound tough? Hm, that's real good, buddy.

And @ TheNewFireEagle:

Okay, why is this fun? why would you even do that? it's pointless.

Actually, I think he made his point quite clear: "Okay, if you're bored of your games and you're looking for something fun to do, why not copy Ash's Journey and go through the Pokemon world by visiting all the regions..."
    Hey, I even highlighted the "point" of doing this for ya...does it make sense? Because I could explain it more for you if ya'd like. Are you sure? You sure it's not still "pointless". Just checking, 'cause seeing as the "point" was in the first few lines of the thread and you still missed it, I feel the need to explain it more thoroughly to you.

And @ ValentineUmbreon:

I think you have waaaaaaaaay to much time! lol

Y'know who has way to much time on their hands? People who go around telling other people they have to much time on their hands...not saying that's you or anything though...

And @ Pinky Diaper:
    Well, apart from these guys *gives dirty look towards Storm-DC's, TheNewFireEagle's and ValentineUmbreon's direction*, I think this would be a pretty cool thing to do. I might do it when I'm finished with Pearl Version =]

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I've already done that… it spans through about 8 years of my life…
    I don't mean to sound rude … but I prefer to leave the games as they were played when I first played them… for memory purposes…
    For those who love to restart their game this would be a fun experience…
    I've never restarted my games… well except for Ruby but that was to get a purple Mudkip… though I never got one xD

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I kinda DID do that in a way o_O

Momoko: I started out in Hoenn (Sapphire) {where I met Brandon, he then quit right before the league}, and then I went over to Sinnoh (Pearl) straight after the league {Where I met up with Yuki}.
    Once I beat Sinnoh I ventured over to Kanto (Firered) {Yuki followed me over}.
    Afterwards, I returned to Hoenn (Emerald) {Yuki gave up the stalking, and I met up with Brandon who decided to be a trainer again, I also met Dustin during the league}, and went towards the Battle Frontier, but I later decided to go back to Sinnoh (same Pearl) {Yuki & Dustin followed me over}

Dustin has told me of his travels in Johto, so I'm waiting for a time for us all to go there.

Oh, and before I forget to mention, my best friend, Rosa, has been traveling with me for a majority of the time, and I have ALWAYS had my Blaziken with me <3

Well, I'm all out of breath, so I think I'm going to stop now. Take it from here, Kit! <3

~~~~~

Well... it seems that SHE'S had quite a journey!

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • ahh, you poor thing. first i was wondering why it is fun, because i dont know why its fun, why is it fun to start playing all the games over? i just dont get it. and then i pointed out that also the game is most fun after you finished the single player mode, then the real pokemon experience starts. come on, the gyms and elite4 arent a challenge, thats all im saying. so when you are bored; try to find a challenge in becoming a better trainer than owning the single player. anyway, you're a little whining biatch, go get unvirgined.

Haha, I lol'd at this. What else can I do but laugh? I mean, I obviously proved you wrong, and you're just trying to defend yourself, but it's so pathetic it's funny :P Wow, it's so great to have people like you around! People who's morals are so far off, and it makes people like us feel good that we were raised right. So to you, I say thank you. Thank you for making people like us be all that we can be, so we can deal with people like you :)

Oh yes, and about the
    you're a little whining biatch, go get unvirgined.
    ...REPORTED! :)

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    Haha, I lol'd at this. What else can I do but laugh? I mean, I obviously proved you wrong, and you're just trying to defend yourself, but it's so pathetic it's funny :P Wow, it's so great to have people like you around! People who's morals are so far off, and it makes people like us feel good that we were raised right. So to you, I say thank you. Thank you for making people like us be all that we can be, so we can deal with people like you :)

Oh yes, and about the ...REPORTED! :)

yea, really got me there. auch

sol52

Pokemon Hunter
    Years
  • i was doing this in my fire red i am currently trying to catch articuno and zapdos(i hate him)

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    OK, first of all lay off him. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, whether it be good or bad.

But... I have an idea for this >.>.

You could go through the games, catching ONLY the Pokemon that Ash used, and when you are done with one region, breed your Pokemon and send the offspring to your next game (..or just catch the same ones >.>). Its not perfect but, eh, its an IDEA!

Bug_Master

The Versitile Catcher
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2008

Oh yes, and about the ...REPORTED! :)

Yeah man! I reported it as well. Actually Storm, your overall attitude toward other people needs to be reported. This isnt a place for you to come and flame other people. If someone has an opinion about what would be fun to do you dont come in and make fun of it if you dont like it, if you dont like it you just dont post about it. After displays like this I seriously doubt that youre 21 and if you are, then youve seriously got some growing up to do.

Pinky Diaper, I think its a swell idea. Just make sure to try and transfer your hard raised pokemon over to the next gen each time so you can still have them like Ash would.

Keep the game alive.

Years
  • i did it its all right but what really anoyes me is not having running shoes in Silver and gold and who ever set this up is not stupid his a true fan

Back