• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    Hopefully, if they make a remake, they won't screw it up like R/B. When Fr/Lg came out, it just didn't feel like the originals.
    Now imagine the exact same concept, except w/ G/S and the Nintendo DS. These are the most treasured games in the library. You'd think that they'd put a lot more care and consideration into making them than they did with R/B/Y.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Hopefully, if they make a remake, they won't screw it up like R/B. When Fr/Lg came out, it just didn't feel like the originals.
    Now imagine the exact same concept, except w/ G/S and the Nintendo DS. These are the most treasured games in the library. You'd think that they'd put a lot more care and consideration into making them than they did with R/B/Y.

If the do screw them up, it will make the originals all that much better.

Years
    I want to see Goldenrod with DS Graphics.
    And I want a cave near Cianwood to get to some new areas because i honestly hate towns like that and Dewford where you're there for about 15 mins then never go back.

EDIT: fdjklsduhfsjdkfhsjk Crazy thought....What if they put it on Wii?

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    I want to see Goldenrod with DS Graphics.
    And I want a cave near Cianwood to get to some new areas because i honestly hate towns like that and Dewford where you're there for about 15 mins then never go back.

EDIT: fdjklsduhfsjdkfhsjk Crazy thought....What if they put it on Wii?

A G/S Remake?

you mean to this part?

To me the region looks too big to be "sevii-islands" of GSDS. With Kanto it's enough to travel =)
    I'd Rather like to see it in 6th gen with the landmass north of it as the new region (maybe there you could travel to cianwood too).

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Personally, I'd love to see a remake of G/S. But, with much more to do, and more areas as well.
    Maybe, they could discover a Mt. Gold! O_o
    I think Mt. Gold will be good too! You see, since we have Mt. Silver it should have a counterpart too! I think they could put Mt. Gold in Cianwood City. ' Cause Cianwood is just too blank-y to me...

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    I think Mt. Gold will be good too! You see, since we have Mt. Silver it should have a counterpart too! I think they could put Mt. Gold in Cianwood City. ' Cause Cianwood is just too blank-y to me...

Sadly there is no Mt.Fuji 2 in that area. But Cianwood needs something interesting yeah. Maybe they could make the contests there or soemthing? =/

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Sadly there is no Mt.Fuji 2 in that area. But Cianwood needs something interesting yeah. Maybe they could make the contests there or soemthing? =/
    Oh darn don't make contest in that city... It looks awkward if they put the Super Contest there... Goldenrod and Olivine are the suitable place... Or they could just make another resort islands to place the contest and the GTS as well...

Last edited:

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    Are you kidding me? You're putting down GSC Because of a fat cow? Jeez, next people will be blaming trees for global warming. -_-'

GSC Was the golden age. It simply just is and always will be. No other game ever had the same feeling of it. Everything was so brand new! Sure in ruby and sapphire everything was brand new too, but the music wasn't the same, the tiles didn't have that kindergarten crayola feel, there was no day and night.. The only part (honestly..) that I liked of the RSE Era was diving. I loved the music, I loved how everything was so underwater themed.. But the rest was just bleh.. Some parts of that era was pretty unique. D/P Got closer to the GSC side, but it still didn't have the same feel.

If they ever do make a GSC Remake, hopefully they won't change anything.. It'll ruin it.. Everything in GSC Was so brand new, fresh. Berries, Moo Moo Milk (OMG), Light House (One of the best parts), Gym with only a gym leader and no extra trainers, going back to the new kanto, battling that calvin dude or whatever who had all three starter evolutions, Bug catching contest, Two-Pokemon daycare, eggs, BEAUTIFULLY AMAZING MUSIC, Very plain and simple but amazingly awesome pokemon (SUICUNE, RAIKOU, ENTEI, AND LUGIA AND HO-OH FTWW)..

GSC Was prime time. I'm guessing they were planning to do the same thing for every pokemon game, where you can go back to hte previous regions, but seeing as the work would keep mounting and the release dates would keep stretching, they decided to end it..

Johto was just the best, plain and simple. The animé was even better in Johto, if I must say.. OH and don't forget - FIRST GIRL CHARACTER!!

Ahh, those were the good times, Day Light Saving time, that ugly red kid who's giovanni's son or whatever, and he stole those pokemon from the lab, and Mr.Pokemon.. Those were the good ole days, when your mom completely forgot to give you your running shoes so you had to walk through your whole journey unless you get a bike. : )

Oh also, about that picture, perhaps it was probably just an event thing where it only said johto or something? That's pretty odd. it's either hacked, fluke, or event..

I understand what you mean. GSC pretty much paved the path for future PkMn games. But there is still something I didn't like about it. Mostly that Miltank and I hated how the hero looked. Those are weak reasons but I cannot explain it. Something about it just doesn't feel right to me ya'know?

Buoysel

Years
    I agree the graphics are crap, but look how advanced they were compared to the first games. G/S offered so much more than any other game at its time. I think the world could use a remake.

IMO the new hero's have a huge head in the game.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Are you kidding me? You're putting down GSC Because of a fat cow? Jeez, next people will be blaming trees for global warming. -_-'

GSC Was the golden age. It simply just is and always will be. No other game ever had the same feeling of it. Everything was so brand new! Sure in ruby and sapphire everything was brand new too, but the music wasn't the same, the tiles didn't have that kindergarten crayola feel, there was no day and night.. The only part (honestly..) that I liked of the RSE Era was diving. I loved the music, I loved how everything was so underwater themed.. But the rest was just bleh.. Some parts of that era was pretty unique. D/P Got closer to the GSC side, but it still didn't have the same feel.

If they ever do make a GSC Remake, hopefully they won't change anything.. It'll ruin it.. Everything in GSC Was so brand new, fresh. Berries, Moo Moo Milk (OMG), Light House (One of the best parts), Gym with only a gym leader and no extra trainers, going back to the new kanto, battling that calvin dude or whatever who had all three starter evolutions, Bug catching contest, Two-Pokemon daycare, eggs, BEAUTIFULLY AMAZING MUSIC, Very plain and simple but amazingly awesome pokemon (SUICUNE, RAIKOU, ENTEI, AND LUGIA AND HO-OH FTWW)..

GSC Was prime time. I'm guessing they were planning to do the same thing for every pokemon game, where you can go back to hte previous regions, but seeing as the work would keep mounting and the release dates would keep stretching, they decided to end it..

Johto was just the best, plain and simple. The animé was even better in Johto, if I must say.. OH and don't forget - FIRST GIRL CHARACTER!!

Ahh, those were the good times, Day Light Saving time, that ugly red kid who's giovanni's son or whatever, and he stole those pokemon from the lab, and Mr.Pokemon.. Those were the good ole days, when your mom completely forgot to give you your running shoes so you had to walk through your whole journey unless you get a bike. : )

Oh also, about that picture, perhaps it was probably just an event thing where it only said johto or something? That's pretty odd. it's either hacked, fluke, or event..

Really, how do you word yourself so well? That's exactly the thing I wanted to say!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    well we will only knew whats coming next till after we get platinum so we just have to wait but i really really hope its gold/silver remakes

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    Chances for a GSDS got even higher right now!

Regis AND THE BIRDS (all 3 roaming in sinnoh after nat dex) are in platinum, but no trace of the beasts!!!1

The beasts were already heavier to get the last time the birds were around o_O

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yeah, to my slight delight, it's certainly something else that seemed to point towards the possibility of a GS remake if true of course - currently looking like it though. But we shall wait and see.

EDIT: Serebii has confirmed it, so there ya go - Kanto legendary birds run/fly around Sinnoh at level 60. If there's an absense of the GSC beasts, there's a tad more towards a GSC remake. :)

Last edited:

Buoysel

Years
    Yeah, to my slight delight, it's certainly something else that seemed to point towards the possibility of a GS remake if true of course - currently looking like it though. But we shall wait and see.

EDIT: Serebii has confirmed it, so there ya go - Kanto legendary birds run/fly around Sinnoh at level 60. If there's an absense of the GSC beasts, there's a tad more towards a GSC remake. :)

It is still new, and no one has had the change to go all the way though it. I think that if there is a lack, then it will be good proof.

(and yes I am just stating what bob and/or bill stated, but my own version)

I was not going to buy Platinum, but I am really staring to reconsider.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back