• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    bobandbill the leveling thing would be easy after your done with a region you have to put your pokemon in the box and start from scratch in the next region until you beat them all and adhdkiki i dont need to think econmic right now it was just an idea and other people like the idea but know it wouldnt happen and i do to but i was talking about it
    So, basically, it's, if it had the big four regions, four games in one. Given that it's much more profitable for them to release four games with one new region each over a much longer period of time, rather than one game with four regions (which wouldn't fit and all anyway)...yeah. -_- Plus, surely that would, IMO get repetitive for some, given that each main handheld Pokemon games has been pretty similar - only it's the same thing, four times in a row. It would be overkill, really, for some.

Besides, you posted the idea in this thread, and hence we posted why we thought it wouldn't work. =P

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    i'll pass,

I really don't see the point, espically without the GBA Slot

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    I dunno if this was in Diamond and Pearl... but the guy that used to give you the Happiny egg mentioned asked about how his friends Professor Elm was. That seems like a clue to say: "You'll find out how he is doing."

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I knew they were gonna make them downloadable on that disgrace. I still think a remake is appropriate though.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    From the article (in bold and all):
    EDITOR'S NOTE: Nintendo called Kombo up today and requested that it be known that some of the above information is not officially announced for North America and as a result, may not be completely accurate.

Specifically, they told us that you will not be able to play GB and GBA games directly from your SD memory card. Also, downloadable GB and GBA games have not officially been announced for North America (only Japan, so far).

Nintendo is holding their GDC 2009 key note speech tomorrow. Expect to be informed of the complete capabilities of DSi tomorrow. As always, Kombo will keep you updated.
    Hmm, maybe not quite confirmed 100%... although I myself do not doubt it happening all that much. (After all, if it is happening in Japan...). GBA games I am surprised about though if it happens... unexpected. =/ But we shall see soon enough.

If it does happen not only for GB/GBA games but for GSC specifically, it'd no doubt be a straight port - nothing changed whatsoever, IMO. (Although maybe trading stuff disabled for an exception). How this affects a GS remake though is hard to tell. Certainly a port of it via the VC would not make nearly as much money for them as a remake would (only people with a DSi could buy it, other games on the VC could be bought instead, sold for a much lower price and not straight from a actual shop but an online one, etc, etc), and personally I could quite easily see both being made. Sales lost by one or the other by having both would be pretty small, and if VC's one comes first it could double as advertising for a remake.

Either way, I wasn't going to buy a DSi having no need for it, and wouldn't just for the original GSC.

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
    There WILL be more generations of Pokémon. AT LEAST one and the probability of them remaking G/S for one of the future generations is pretty high.

I'm taking it as fact but not deciding on a date to wait for it. I'm only hoping that they'll do it as the Games respectfully do and keep Silver as Silver and Gold as Gold.

If they transform Silver into Paul for the remake (Paul is Silver--remade-- in the Anime) then they have to make the main character Richie or whoever they turned Gold into.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    A Gold and Silver remake is a great idea. I think the starters, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile, were one of, if not the best, selection of starter Pokémon in the games ever. I also think that battling Red atop Mt. Silver was a great idea. Another thing that I always love about remakes is how much more improved they are than the original.

Roconza

Crazy girl say wha?
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    I think the starters, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile, were one of, if not the best, selection of starter Pokémon in the games ever.

I disagree but your entitled to your opinion so I will not say any thing

I'm new to this thread but there too many pages to go through but

The DSi may have a feature like Wii's download system for old games. Do you think there is any chance a remake or the old version maybe down loadable in to the the new DS?

I don't like the idea of a remake, I didn't even play Fire red or Leaf green because when it boils down it just the same thing you played with a few new junk slapped in. As we all know FR/LG were just to fill the gap of missing Kanto Pokemon so why make a remake so soon? I hope they save a remake for lateron when we could use it.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    We could use it now actually buddy. While yes some people still use the acursed bloody annoying system from hell to get the starters and all the legends through colloseum not a lot do. If we had the remakes getting all those pokemon would be a snap and lets not forget they need to stick that acursed notch ear pichu into SOME game. Also Junichi said we will announcing something soon to ign and seeing as to a game site they would say something like that only for a game of sorts how bloody logical would it be to assume the most obvious fork:
    5th gen or GSDS.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah, I for one would really want to be able to have a Raikou which has actual good IVs

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    We could have but for some magical strange reason they were left out of platinum. If a gs remake isnt out this year then they paved a road to the end of a very high cliff for the fans.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    has anyone gotten platinum???? they really dont have a lot about a hint of gsds but that one girl is there the one from johto

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah there are a few more hints towards Johto but lets just wait it out.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    The DSi may have a feature like Wii's download system for old games. Do you think there is any chance a remake or the old version maybe down loadable in to the the new DS?
    Given that apparently from announcements GB games, and maybe even GBA games (=/) may grace the DSi via the DSi-shop, than a straight port of the original version, basically untouched is possible. Of course that's if they do it for GSC.

As for remakes; no, I doubt it. If a remake was made it'd be on each of the DS's rather than just one - if that were the case sales of the game would be severely limited. And they wouldn't want to hamper sales, obviously. As for downloading a remake...won't happen also due to the above, and the sheer size of it and all. It's not even quite that certain if Johto and an upsized Kanto would fit on a DS cartridge...
    Also Junichi said we will announcing something soon to ign and seeing as to a game site they would say something like that only for a game of sorts how bloody logical would it be to assume the most obvious fork:
    5th gen or GSDS.
    And we all know what happened the last time something like this was said, right? =P Just remember it won't necessarily happen (I doubt it for the same reason as before), even if it is a game site.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    A G/S remake would be cool. Especially if maybe they could fit the national pokedex in there. I would also like to be able to get like maybe Pikachu as a starter too... I like the GS starters, yes, but Pikachu for a starter would be cool. (yes i know they did that in Yellow) And I mean, they already made everything, eh, suckish because they wanted more money, right? Maybe if they really really took their time on this, a remake of a pokemon game wouldn't be that bad.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    There WILL be more generations of Pokémon. AT LEAST one and the probability of them remaking G/S for one of the future generations is pretty high.

I'm taking it as fact but not deciding on a date to wait for it. I'm only hoping that they'll do it as the Games respectfully do and keep Silver as Silver and Gold as Gold.

If they transform Silver into Paul for the remake (Paul is Silver--remade-- in the Anime) then they have to make the main character Richie or whoever they turned Gold into.
    I doubt that Silver will become Paul, it is believed that Paul is based on Silver, but they are not the same person, Silver even cameo'd in the intro to the Raikou Special that characters based on Gold (Jimmy) and Crystal (Marina) appeared in. They haven't crossed the anime into the games since Yellow, not counting promotional Pokemon. For instance, Red wasn't replaced by Ash in FireRed/LeafGreen, in fact, Ash hasn't even worn Red's new clothes, or any based on them, although he wore clothes based on Lucas/Diamond's clothes. So don't worry, they'll just get redesigns that look about the same, just like Red & Green got for the re-releases, so they may get new clothes and possibly a slightly different hairstyle.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
    I agree, it would be fun to be able to become a female character unlike in GS even though you can in Crystal. Different outfits for a change would be good too, I would love to see what amazing kind of outfit they could get for the male chaarcter. The female? No matter what, I would think it would be cool because in GS it was impossible to play as a female player anyway. Or maybe they would have the same outfits they did in Crystal. Hard to say.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I agree, it would be fun to be able to become a female character unlike in GS even though you can in Crystal. Different outfits for a change would be good too, I would love to see what amazing kind of outfit they could get for the male chaarcter. The female? No matter what, I would think it would be cool because in GS it was impossible to play as a female player anyway. Or maybe they would have the same outfits they did in Crystal. Hard to say.
    I'm fairly positive that they'll mix some of the Crystal Version into the game, such as the female character (obviously) and possibly Eusine and the Suicune event. Maybe they'll put another area in the game as well, such as FR/LG's Sevii Islands.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back