• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    It's fake, anyone saying it is real deserves to be slapped in the face with a spidermonkey arm.

That's true...

At least it gave me false hope, until I saw the date for the start of adventure. 'October 15, 2008' D:!

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I'd like a remake but if they put it in D/P graphics I would just hate it. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anything actually happens.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I'd like a remake but if they put it in D/P graphics I would just hate it. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see if anything actually happens.
    Why? DP's graphics were great - better than any other portable Pokemon title. If it looked something like a GBA game, it'd be a major step backwards. It's the DS we're talking about, not the GBA.

Magmortified said:
    And, y'know, FR/LG didn't sell as much as the other titles. D/P was the most successful generation ever. Which one Nintendo may want to focus on...
    Sure, FRLG didn't sell as good as the other games in the series, but according to Nintendo, FRLG has sold more than 10 million units. However, you are correct in saying that DP has sold more than FRLG but only by 4 million (according to data from December 31, 2007) but saying that DP is the most successful generation is incorrect. GSC sold a combined total of around 18 million units and RSE together sold 19 million units. The most successful generation is RBGY with 28 million units sold.

But I was searching around on Google and came across some things that might point to a GSC remake:

https://mountmoon.net/showthread.php?tid=3980&pid=130418#pid130418 said:
    * Professor Elm is mentioned - from the Johto Region too!

* Olivine's City Gym Leader; Jasmine, also appears in the game. She's from the G/S games (and made a cameo during the Contests of R/S fame) so could there be a connection here? Maybe a between-game event takes place? You obviously meet her AFTER you kick her Steelix's tail in G/S, hence the above Red Gyarados event.

* Max Wrote: The SecretPotion you get is also from Cianwood if you check the item description. Didn't notice this one! Thanks max!

Years
    Why? DP's graphics were great - better than any other portable Pokemon title. If it looked something like a GBA game, it'd be a major step backwards. It's the DS we're talking about, not the GBA.

Sure, FRLG didn't sell as good as the other games in the series, but according to Nintendo, FRLG has sold more than 10 million units. However, you are correct in saying that DP has sold more than FRLG but only by 4 million (according to data from December 31, 2007) but saying that DP is the most successful generation is incorrect. GSC sold a combined total of around 18 million units and RSE together sold 19 million units. The most successful generation is RBGY with 28 million units sold.

But I was searching around on Google and came across some things that might point to a GSC remake:
    Yes, and also there is some sort of leaked photo out there that show the female character talking to Elm in his lab. I really hope that they make remakes!

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Sure, FRLG didn't sell as good as the other games in the series, but according to Nintendo, FRLG has sold more than 10 million units. However, you are correct in saying that DP has sold more than FRLG but only by 4 million (according to data from December 31, 2007)

Considering that ten million sold is apparently information sold over the entire lifespan of FRLG, I'm not too much concerned with four-million (only? o.o) sold for Diamond and Pearl.

but saying that DP is the most successful generation is incorrect. GSC sold a combined total of around 18 million units and RSE together sold 19 million units. The most successful generation is RBGY with 28 million units sold.

How fair! The competition's sales numbers are being represented for all versions of the game over their entire lifespan. D/P has been out for a little more than a year, and Platinum isn't even out yet. You might notice how this would skew things a little bit.

If a rephrase would make you happy: Diamond and Pearl - for the amount of time in which they have been available currently - are the most successful games in the series. You probably got me on the, "Most successful generation ever," thing, but it still doesn't change much concerning new generations being obviously more profitable than remakes.

Last edited:

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
    OMG

People, just becuase we have word of Platinum DOESN'T mean that a G/S remake is coming.

Ruby,Sapphire,Emerald

Diamond,Pearl,Platinum

GOT IT???????

Still, I really hope there will be a G/S remake in the future.

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019

That's not what I meant, I want better graphics for a G/S remake just like they did with FR/LG. Than either way I still think D/P graphics are horrid, mostly the overworlds.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

It probably would, but Nintendo won't make one, sorry.....

and a remake will never happen for G/S/C.

I'm very sorry to reply to such an early post when i haven't seen the rest of the pages yet, but i find this very doubtful. How will people believe you when there is so much stuff to believe in, especially when you "know" they won't make a remake. But here is what i say to this...
    Until Nintendo release an offical document, nothing is proven.
    that is the best thing i can think of because you said it, and disagreeing would be something crazy from, what it looks like, a logical person.
    if you still think the same thing now, you would need proof, not that i have any good proof.

Now, a G/S/C remake?.....
    Well i really want to believe it will happen, but i will not expect it until there is some concrete proof, or that nintendo has announced it.
    I found G/S/C to be the best pokemon game and would love to play it again with more features and better graphics(not that i care about graphics).
    there are a lot of signs pointing to a G/S/C remake, but it still isn't enough proof to make me believe.
    I think someone on Yahoo! answers said that gamefreak would be announcing its last pokemon game on 2012, but if so, then i hope it wouldn't be the G/S/C remake becuase no matter how good a remake is, i will never like it more than a new region.
    Its very possible and impossible at the same time, but i guess we will have to wait until something happens.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Enjoy your infraction, Stumpylikechicken. Your post had absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    Serebii confirmed that as fake months ago.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that. But it does make since to be working on a remake for G/S because the make FR and LG shortly before they made emerald. All though it looks like they are going to make platinum first.

IMO I really hope they do. Silver was my first game. And had the best game play of all. It would be neat to see it again, especially with better graphics.

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
    Do any of you know why FR/LG were even made? It doesn't appear so. So, please, let me clear it up for you all: They were made to make 1st and 2nd gen. pokemon available on the GBA (and now DS thanks to Pal Park) games. They picked Kanto since its where Pokemon originated. The first region of the series manga, game, and anime-wise. Making a Johto remake would be POINTLESS. Sure, I loved G/S/C a lot too, but you have to be logical, it will not happen.

FR/LG did what they were made to, which included making all Johto pokemon available in the advanced generation. What would be the benefit of a G/S/C remake? Nostalgia? Sure, for a little while but why transfer over G/S/C pokemon to D/P/P when you probably already have all the pokemon from FR/LG? G/S/C remakes as I said, are pointless. I would see it as fun until post-story.

I wouldn't bet on a G/S/C remake. They're making Platinum and FR/LG were made before Emerald so in that sense wouldn't the G/S/C remakes be out BEFORE Platinum? Yet, they're not even in development. =/

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    Yeah you're prolly right. But still, Kanto didn't have all the 2nd gen pokemon, and I think neither did Emerald. That was left to Colosseum which some people would not have had.

Elusive

]]~~~[[
    Years
    Yeah, but point beng that making 1st and 2nd gen pokemon available in advanced gen was one of the major pushers for FR/LG. I, too, would love a G/S remake, don't get me wrong. just don't think it'll logically happen. I had a lot of fond fond memories with Silver. :3

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Do any of you know why FR/LG were even made? It doesn't appear so. So, please, let me clear it up for you all: They were made to make 1st and 2nd gen. pokemon available on the GBA (and now DS thanks to Pal Park) games. They picked Kanto since its where Pokemon originated. The first region of the series manga, game, and anime-wise. Making a Johto remake would be POINTLESS. Sure, I loved G/S/C a lot too, but you have to be logical, it will not happen.

FR/LG were made so that people could play in Kanto more comfortably. To be honest, the Color and Metal Generations' games are to the point of unplayability. When you buy them at a used game store, they will no longer save about 60% of the time, particularly Blue and Gold versions. If they wanted to have people be able to catch all of the Pokemon, they wouldn't have made 150+ of them disappear in R/S. I'd like to ask: what is the point of remaking any game? Sales, popular demand, and the ability to do so. There doesn't have to be a "need" for the games for them to be created so long as the fans want it.

FR/LG did what they were made to, which included making all Johto pokemon available in the advanced generation. What would be the benefit of a G/S/C remake? Nostalgia? Sure, for a little while but why transfer over G/S/C pokemon to D/P/P when you probably already have all the pokemon from FR/LG? G/S/C remakes as I said, are pointless. I would see it as fun until post-story.

Yeah, as pointed out above, you had to go to Pokemon Colleseum for a decent number of the Pokemon, and not everyone had a Gamecube. Plus, not everyone even has FR/LG, or any GBA Pokemon game for that matter. Why would you need to transfer all of your Pokemon to D/P/P? I'd be willing to bet that at least 80% of people would just play the remake for fun. G/S/C remakes don't have to have a "point". Popular demand is in favor of them, and there's no reason not to make them. Emerald is something amazing; no one asked for it and 75% of fans over the age of 11 hate it now. Not to mention, there was no point in it at all especially if you had Colleseum or XD.

I wouldn't bet on a G/S/C remake. They're making Platinum and FR/LG were made before Emerald so in that sense wouldn't the G/S/C remakes be out BEFORE Platinum? Yet, they're not even in development. =/

They don't have to release games in any specific order. Who ever made that rule? You're working on circumstantial evidence which isn't going to get you anywhere at all.
    You seem to know an awful lot about these games that "aren't happening"? Remind yourself that you know nothing about a G/S remake before arguing your opinion next time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back