• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elusive

]]~~~[[
Years
  • You seem to know an awful lot about these games that "aren't happening"? Remind yourself that you know nothing about a G/S remake before arguing your opinion next time.

1) Then ask Nintendo why FR/LG were made. Isn't it true that most of it was for pokemon availability? They knew that putting those out would help. Yes, you can use C/XD for some but not ALL and that is where FR/LG step in. And its quite obvious as to why its based in Kanto.

2) You're right, you don't HAVE to transfer, but who wouldn't? Most people will play the more advanced games, in this case D/P/P. That'd make the reason people even pick up the remakes is to get the pokemon they can't get. As stated earlier, yes, C/XD help but you not for them all. </win>

3) No one made it, but if they're planning out gen 5 already (according to that interview) then there's no better time for the G/S remakes than now. Oh, no word of them? olol Guess they ain't coming. Face it, G/S remakes would be pointless right now. Only way I see them happening is if Kanto/Johto pokemon can't be transferred to the 5th gen games seeing as they'll logically be on a new handheld. If they were to continue the remakes, Johto would be next, but whose to say they want to continue the remakes?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • they might include all regions in platinum and especially because of all the clues in D/P

Jasmine, Secret Potion and heaps more that i can't remember right now

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
  • That's not what I meant, I want better graphics for a G/S remake just like they did with FR/LG. Than either way I still think D/P graphics are horrid, mostly the overworlds.
    I feel you mate, I really dislike the Diamond/Pearl graphics/style aswell, I disliked Ruby/Sapphire's style more though.
    GSC had the perfect feel/style IMO

I think someone on Yahoo! answers said that gamefreak would be announcing its last pokemon game on 2012, but if so, then i hope it wouldn't be the G/S/C remake becuase no matter how good a remake is, i will never like it more than a new region.
    Its very possible and impossible at the same time, but i guess we will have to wait until something happens
    Gamefreak announcing it's last pokémon game in 2012? That made me die a bit inside, I hope it isn't true.

Last edited:

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    1) Then ask Nintendo why FR/LG were made. Isn't it true that most of it was for pokemon availability? They knew that putting those out would help. Yes, you can use C/XD for some but not ALL and that is where FR/LG step in. And its quite obvious as to why its based in Kanto.

If I asked Nintendo why FR/LG were made, I would get quite a few answers, seeing as there are several reasons that they were released. No, it's not true that most of it was availability; that's just something that fortunately happened. It may have been a factor in the release of the games, but it was not the sole reason.

2) You're right, you don't HAVE to transfer, but who wouldn't? Most people will play the more advanced games, in this case D/P/P. That'd make the reason people even pick up the remakes is to get the pokemon they can't get. As stated earlier, yes, C/XD help but you not for them all. </win>

Don't call your argument "win" when it doesn't hold any water. What are you talking about? 90% of people I know would rather play GSC or a GSC remake than DP. Your argument in this case only applies to the people who don't play Pokemon for fun. Do you know how many people do play Pokemon for fun? A lot.

3) No one made it, but if they're planning out gen 5 already (according to that interview) then there's no better time for the G/S remakes than now. Oh, no word of them? olol Guess they ain't coming. Face it, G/S remakes would be pointless right now. Only way I see them happening is if Kanto/Johto pokemon can't be transferred to the 5th gen games seeing as they'll logically be on a new handheld. If they were to continue the remakes, Johto would be next, but whose to say they want to continue the remakes?

Why would Nintendo create another console/handheld? I'm pretty sure that the Wii/DS are the climax; everything after them is just going to be a waste of money. Once again, you're talking like you know everything about future Pokemon games; you don't.
    Yeah, I'd tell you to quit while you're ahead, but you're not ahead. Few of your arguments are valid.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Hetrans chatot espreon i dont where he went and im still here. What do you want?
    Of course, to talk about GS remake or making speculations... I love talking these thing with them(and you also, but you might not remember me since I change my name and avatar).

So have you guys considered about...

Are they going to re-arrange the Johto Pokedex?
    Where will the Super Contest Hall located, if there is a Pokemon Contest in the remake versions?
    Will I use my old team again or probably make a new team?
    Will the Gym Leader's Pokemon change?
    Are there any new areas to explore?
    Can I still go to Kanto in the remake versions?
    Are the main-character, rival and crime cydicate different?
    Is the main-plot the same as the original versions?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    You think i dont remeber you? Haha. Anyweh yeah all those questions i ask but what i ask more is when is its inevitable release.
    Yeah, I thought that you wouldn't remember me since I change my name... Can I add you to my friendlist? By the way, Me too! I'm waiting them to announce it!! Nintendo, I'm willing to give you my money!! I know you want them, so take them just give us a NICE NICE NICE remake!!XD

Grass

- Don't cut the Grass! -
    Years
  • I have high expectations of a re-make since all of the people on the internet are requesting for one and it would be nice if it was actually made. I don't think Nintendo would just leave G/S out and only make a re-make of the old R/B/Y games and turn them into FR/LG. So there is no need to worry, Nintendo will make re-make soon we just need to give them enough time to do so.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I have high expectations of a re-make since all of the people on the internet are requesting for one and it would be nice if it was actually made. I don't think Nintendo would just leave G/S out and only make a re-make of the old R/B/Y games and turn them into FR/LG. So there is no need to worry, Nintendo will make re-make soon we just need to give them enough time to do so.
    I agree what you said!! But I not only want a normal remake, I want is a NICE NICE NICE remake!!XD

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • The main motivation behind any company is $$$$$$. Judging by the amount of threads involving the re make of g/s on the internet, I would guess that it would be very big seller. To how ever asked why fr/lg was made, uh $$$$$$$.

Grass

- Don't cut the Grass! -
    Years
  • It will be a hit since there could be new areas, new features, and Pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh in it as well. Now if you were able to travel throughout regions that would make it a HUGE seller.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • The main motivation behind any company is $$$$$$. Judging by the amount of threads involving the re make of g/s on the internet, I would guess that it would be very big seller. To how ever asked why fr/lg was made, uh $$$$$$$.
    Actually, Game Freak and Nintendo both aren't really driven by the "$$$" all that much. They really do what they want because they know that the target audience is going to eat-it-up.

So, do I think they're going to make a Gold and Silver remake? No.
    Do I think they're going to make another resource in which you're going to recieve Johto Pokémon more easily. Yes.

Basically, they only made FR/LG for three reasons:

1. Nostalgia. The really old Pokémon fans, like myself, really missed the old days of Kanto.

2. New audience. Game Freak and Nintendo really wanted to let more people in to what was considered a "Cult favorite". If they re-released the original, a new audience could gain the same knowledge of the games that the older audience did.

3. PokéDex completion. Before FR/LG came out, it was impossible to get most of the Kanto Pokémon. This was a very clever marketing scheme of theirs.

However, these are just my opinions.
    The truth is, I would really like a G/S/C remake as well. They were my favorite generation after all. I just don't see Game Freak and Nintendo doing it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    yeah no what instead of coming out with generation 5 they should take a break from making up new pokemon and make a game that goes threw all of the regions so like you would get 32 badges and then u face the ultimate elite four...what do you think

pokemonlover93

The Crystal Sharder.
    Years
  • Downright Rude people/ Awesome Idea

People who are here and against the whole re-make idea, If you guys are against it, why are you posting here?! People have their own beleifs, It hasn't been announced one bit, but they have been giving you ideas of it in D/P, People who want a re-make are at least going with what they beleive will happen, some of you people are downright rude to some others over their beleifs, if your against don't bother they person.

Back to the thread, I honostly hope they do make a re-make of it, They have the data in D/P, They had hints of characters mentioned in D/P, and look, Jasmine is even IN D/P, that goes to prove that you don't KNOW what the future holds in store.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    ok this has a lot do with what we r talking about (i think) did u notice that pokemon special follows what games come red/blue/green(japan verison) were the first 3 vols of it then yellow out in the gaming world and so did vol.4-7 of pokemon adventures. Gold/sliver/crystal came out then so did vols 8-14. then ruby/saphire came out then so did the vols that covered that area. fr/lg came and so did the vols for that. emerald cam and vols came and now they r starting the d/p series so its a pattern so if they were to make a remake it would have to come after platinum because....(ok now i lost my train of thought) but anyway if they were to make a g/s remake they would have to add new things to the games because in fr/lg it was the same as r/b/y they added islands so it has to be something new to it in order to bring it back get it

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    ok this has a lot do with what we r talking about (i think) did u notice that pokemon special follows what games come red/blue/green(japan verison) were the first 3 vols of it then yellow out in the gaming world and so did vol.4-7 of pokemon adventures. Gold/sliver/crystal came out then so did vols 8-14. then ruby/saphire came out then so did the vols that covered that area. fr/lg came and so did the vols for that. emerald cam and vols came and now they r starting the d/p series so its a pattern so if they were to make a remake it would have to come after platinum because....(ok now i lost my train of thought) but anyway if they were to make a g/s remake they would have to add new things to the games because in fr/lg it wasnt the same as r/b/y they added islands so it has to be something new to it in order to bring it back get it because what i wrote about the pokemon adventures probally didnt make any sence but just read about what i wrote after i lost my train of thought k

wus6r

pokemon expert
    Years
  • I loved GSC! Also, they probably will make a remake because it will most likely appeal to the younger age groups who werent around for the original GSC. I mean, the younger age group never got to see Johto, so now would be the perfect time because DP raked in a lot of little kids.( I know that might have been a little confusing o.0)

i used my pocket money which i saved forever to get emerald to get crystal and the person i bought it off gave me pokemon yellow, gold and silver for free. "yay me" there was no saved data, the batteries work and it worked till a few minutes ago when the batteries died in all three. i got through the game up to the elite four and barely beating them with a typhlosion lv 54 when i went through and snorlax lv 45 as a wall as i revived typhlosion. i found it difficult. i then got emerald as my sixth pokemon game and tought it wasn't as good as crystal

my friends and their friends and so on all got emerald as we all had crystal or gold or silver and thought it would be better and we knew no one with ruby or saphire and we wanted to play in hoen so we bought the game together and made loads of stores (5+) run out of copies of emerald. we then had a competition and said this is no way as good as g/s/c.

g/s/c were the longest pokemon game i had and i had yellow, gold, silver crystal, emerald, fr, lg, pearl and diamond

i got my pearl second hand and it wad 20 mews and other legenderies that it said were from the regions you got the from e.g. mew from hoen so i decided to by a new diamond to try out sinnoh boy that was a big mistake.

i got fr and lg because it brought back memories of yellow. i quite liked it and it was better than dimaond.

nintendo have made to many dragon legendery pokemon. i have never been to an event and i have finally found an event i can go to. the darkrai one in woolworths as i live in london.

i would trade all of my pokemon games excpt gold, silver and crystal (which i will make a trophy for being the best pokemon games ever) for one copy of the g/s/c remake.

if the last ever pokemon game is in twenty twelve, i gues it will be expensive, have all the regions out so far and a few new ones e.g. the pokemon masters region to see who is the best (i got that of the top of my head) and have all the pokemon available in normal game play and have a max level of 1000 or something so it takes a hell of a long time to complete.

sory to disapoint everybody i just got word from my friend who's mum is japenese and loves pokemon and is in japan now that it is platinum next then probably a new console and new region and then the g/s/c remakes unless they will slip it in before the new console.

Last edited:

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Gosh, a new console! I just got my DS. I am not interested in buying platinum. The only reason I bough Crystal is because I though it was a new region. So if Nintendo/Game Freak wants any more money from me, they better come out with a new region, (a kick ass one too) or a g/s/c remake. I would by it because Johto was my favorite region, 'cause you got to travel to another region, and it is the only region that I have actually like all three starters.

Did you hear that Nintendo? No more money, unless...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back