• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wus6r

pokemon expert
    Years
    the new console won't be out for a few years. at least the graphics would be better than d/p/p

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    As much as I hope for these remakes the longer we go without conformation or leaks it gets less likely, despite all the references they could just only be simple references you know, but the main factor in my mind is Professor Oaks' mention of a identical White Rock in Kanto but it could also just be a reference.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    the new console won't be out for a few years. at least the graphics would be better than d/p/p
    Nintendo releases new console every two to five years. So Nintendomay release the new console on year 2011 onwards. I expect the remake will debut on DS, not the new one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    yeah but if they were to make a remake it would already be out and im not trying to mean b/c i really want a remake of g/s i just beat my silver verison again and i would kinda like to see a different sprite or raikou and to make it harder because its to easy the only trouble i have is beating red. so yeah i want a remake so hopefully they something at the next nintendo converence or whatever they do where people come and they talk about up coming games

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Am I the only one who is so occupied by Platinum news that I dont get excited about this anymore?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Me too. Also- no there isn't a GS remake- I asked Nintendo (C) about that.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
    Yes, a remake would not be needed, but who can really say that they would hate a remake if it was announced tommorow.

Generation II is the best out of all four (in my honest opinion ._.). Now imagine strolling through Johto (and an extremely disfigured Kanto) with DS graphics and mechanics.

I hope Kanto is a bit less... Dead. I mean it's fair enough that the Safari zone is closed, I accept that. What I DO NOT like is how short Rock Tunnel and Mt Moon were (Although I loved Mt Moon square) and I also despised how Viridian Forest was gone.

Tell me about it! They more or less clearcutted the thing!

However I have to say I enjoyed the substantally shorter Rock Tunnel (especially since you didn't have to use Flash. Thankfully they've finally made Flash a TM, so you can junk it as soon as you no longer need it and don't have to tote an HM slave around. Flash TOTALLY useless in battle and unlike Cut, you don't use it except in a few key places.).

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    i'd like to see a G/S remake...
    it'd make it MUCH easier to get Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
    & their evo's, as well as Lugia & Ho-oh.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think they would mainly do it for Lugia and Ho oh because a lot of hand held gamers dont play the GC ones and didnt get them.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I think they would mainly do it for Lugia and Ho oh because a lot of hand held gamers dont play the GC ones and didnt get them.

i doubt they would do it for them, after all it is Nintendos marketing ploy to get us to buy all of there systems to get the pokemon, and you can get them 2 in FR/LG and Emerald if you went to an event.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    There are alot more points that aim towards a remake but so many more that knock it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2008
    I would love a remake.
    i consider gold/silver/crystal the very best games from the series.
    ^_^

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Trust me when I say there WILL be one. The DS has survived a surprisingly long time, probably because of its innovation and popularity, so I assume it will be for DS. It'll come out in fall of 2009 most likely, as JPN usually releases them a year after each other.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Trust me when I say there WILL be one. The DS has survived a surprisingly long time, probably because of its innovation and popularity, so I assume it will be for DS. It'll come out in fall of 2009 most likely, as JPN usually releases them a year after each other.

Only if they are as considerate of their supporters as we wish they were. We have been wining about this for almost a year now.

Years
    Ok well I researched this alot and with all of the evidence about Johto in D/P I think there is a good possibility that a s/g remake will be made sometime after Platinum probably. That or unless they somehow decide to throw Johto in Platinum version (I know that was alittle crazy there) but still. After Platinum I bet there will be a remake of s/g.

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Even though i've never played Gold/Silver/Crystal, I kinda hope that there will be a remake of G/S/C.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back