• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
  • Is there any actual evidence for this, or is this just a rumor or one of those "WOULDN'T THIS BE AWESOME IF IT HAPPENED" threads? D;

There is some stuff that could be considered evidence, such as Nintiendo copyrighting the titles Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver. Not to mention all the times the land of Johto was mentioned in the D/P script.

EDIT:*faceplam* dam beaten

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    If you take a look in all of the pages it will really educate you on the subject before asking questions, its fun too!*.^

Evan

Check out my Hatchery!
    Years
  • Thigns FOR a remake of Gold and Silver:

-The almost unbelievable amount of references in Diamond and Pearl to Gold and Silver.
    -The news report on the Red Gyarados.
    -Jasmine being in Sunyshore city.
    -Prof. Elm's report of eggs being mentioned.
    -The SecretPotion's description mentions Cianwood city.
    -BeBe has a friend from Johto. (Remember Bill in Goldenrod City?)
    -In Hotel Grandlake a man mentions Lugia and Ho-Oh and their homes.
    -When you present Oak's Letter to Oak, he mentions something about a White Rock in Kanto, which could be included in a remake.
    -Gastrodon and Shellos have unused sprites, and their Pokedex data states that their colors vary by location, these color variations could be found in Johto possibly.
    -The fact that Generation II and IV occur at the same time period.
    -Though every Pokemon is available in some way, for most of the players, it isn't near possible without cheating.
    -The original games are becoming un-playable as the internal save batteries are dying.
    -And finally, Hidden in-game data showing the capability and very real possibility of trading with Johto based games. The Johto Location Data DOES exist in the games.

My opinion is it's not an if, it's a when.

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
  • Thigns FOR a remake of Gold and Silver:

-The almost unbelievable amount of references in Diamond and Pearl to Gold and Silver.
    -When you present Oak's Letter to Oak, he mentions something about a White Rock in Kanto, which could be included in a remake.
    -Gastrodon and Shellos have unused sprites, and their Pokedex data states that their colors vary by location, these color variations could be found in Johto possibly.
    -Though every Pokemon is available in some way, for most of the players, it isn't near possible without cheating.
    -The original games are becoming un-playable as the internal save batteries are dying.
    -And finally, Hidden in-game data showing the capability and very real possibility of trading with Johto based games. The Johto Location Data DOES exist in the games.

Dear god, I hope your right, but until they tell us, we will never know :)

GTAPlayer

Six Star Evasion
    Years
  • Johto was the best and only pokemon game I liked, however Pokemon is so *ucked up now that we may never see a G/S remake. Why have the abilty to transfer from 3rd to 4th gen? A G/S remake would have fit perfectly pokedex wise.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    If they are going to make remakes, I'm sure the TM we will obtain are the new ones... Moves in Bold are the highest possible.

Falkner - Pidgeotto (Roost/Pluck)
    Bugsy - Scyther (X-Scissor/U-Turn/Silver Wind)
    Whitney - Miltank (Attract/Captivate)
    Morty - Gengar (Shadow Ball/Shadow Claw)
    Chuck - Poliwrath (Drain Punch/Focus Blast)
    Jasmine - Steelix (Iron Tail/Gyro Ball/Flash Cannon)
    Pryce - Piloswine (Avalanche)
    Clair - Kingdra (Dragon Pulse)

yellowparrot

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • With all the time the anime is taking to finish the Sinnoh region, I'd say they would have to throw in several more games before Ash can even think of going to the fifth region(and the inevitable release of the games to cover it).

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Thigns FOR a remake of Gold and Silver:

its still an "if" in my opinion.
    that is if you include the chance that nintendo will think its too much work and give up.
    It happened many times before, so why can't it happen again?
    and actually, johto is unneeded.
    You can get every johto pokemon(including ho-oh and lugia) through r/s/e, FR/LG/, and d/p/p. The 3 dogs can be caught in FR/LG, lugia and ho-oh can be caught in nintendo events, and celebi doesn't even count.
    there IS much more proof that there may be a remake, but there is really no need except to extort money from us again. It will be worth it if/when it comes out, but if anything, it will be because of money and the fact that you won't have to go to events just to get ho-oh and lugia.
    but also, i was wondering what they will do with the 51-92 TMs.
    are they going to include it, take it out, or just make it unavailable to find or get until the national dex is there?
    i'm also wondering if they are going to make rock smash a TM, and flash an HM.
    Oh, well, as long as it comes out, we'll know.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    that is if you include the chance that nintendo will think its too much work and give up.
    You can get every johto pokemon(including ho-oh and lugia) through r/s/e, FR/LG/, and d/p/p. The 3 dogs can be caught in FR/LG, lugia and ho-oh can be caught in nintendo events, and celebi doesn't even count.
    there IS much more proof that there may be a remake, but there is really no need except to extort money from us again. It will be worth it if/when it comes out, but if anything, it will be because of money and the fact that you won't have to go to events just to get ho-oh and lugia.
    are they going to include it, take it out, or just make it unavailable to find or get until the national dex is there?
    If the game is for DS, so that means it is 4th-gen - it includes the TM 51 -92... But how bout the HM Rock Climb? They'll just disable it or change it into Flash? I have no idea...

Buoysel

Years
  • If the game is for DS, so that means it is 4th-gen - it includes the TM 51 -92... But how bout the HM Rock Climb? They'll just disable it or change it into Flash? I have no idea...

Probably what they did with Pokemon 152+, in Fire Red and Leaf Green, put them in the game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Probably what they did with Pokemon 152+, in Fire Red and Leaf Green, put them in the game.
    I wish they change the Johto-dex... 251 is too much, plus the Kanto starters, Kanto legendaries should be exclusive in Kanto only... Some Kanto Pokemon are also unessesary(forgot the right spelling...): like Tangela, Psyduck, Paras, Golduck etc... Anything that is not relevant to Johto...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I wish they change the Johto-dex... 251 is too much, plus the Kanto starters, Kanto legendaries should be exclusive in Kanto only... Some Kanto Pokemon are also unessesary(forgot the right spelling...): like Tangela, Psyduck, Paras, Golduck etc... Anything that is not relevant to Johto...
    Your opinion is really flawed :S
    1. ) Kanto and Johto are right next to each other, so unless there is a magic barrier keeping Kanto and Johto Pokemon from going to the other region, it doesn't make sense to make Pokemon Region Specific.
    2. ) I don't remember being able to get the Kanto Starters in Johto, what do you mean...
    3. ) You could never catch any Kanto Legendaries in Johto, nor could you catch any in Kanto if I recall.

and let's work on your opinion that 251 Pokemon is to many...WTF are you talking about? We actually had less new Pokemon in G/S compared to the amount in Y/R/B.
    You also fail to remember that we had to import well over 3/4 of the Kanto Pokemon from our Y/R/B games.
    If we only had Johto Pokemon, and Pokemon that were evo's and preevo's of those Johto Pokemon, we would have about roughly 110 Pokemon in the game untill we could reach Kanto.

MasterZman

The Shadow...
    Years
  • sigh

WHAT!!!!! DUDE do you even rember how fun it was in gold no THATS BECAUSE YOU PROBLY NEVER PLayed it just let nintendo do what they whant they will make a Gold remake they will include all of the Pokemon and the Pokegear.
    Don't be a Game Spollier.

Stupid EVERY pokemon is nedded if they take out some pokemon NO ONE will BUY IT!

Last edited:

Buoysel

Years
  • WHAT!!!!! DUDE do you even rember how fun it was in gold no THATS BECAUSE YOU PROBLY NEVER PLayed it just let nintendo do what they whant they will make a Gold remake they will include all of the Pokemon and the Pokegear.

Stupid EVERY pokemon is nedded if they take out some pokemon NO ONE will BUY IT!

Are you lisning to yourself, or at least thinking before you post?

Don't assume someone has played a game unless you have talked to them. Because assuming makes an ass of you and me. Don't believe me, look at how it's spelled.

Game spoiler?

It's not stupid, it's called a business plan. If they made every Pokemon available in one game, the need to buy other versions would not be there, and they would not make any money.

Last edited:

MasterZman

The Shadow...
    Years
  • OH COME ON!

Are you lisning to yourself, or at least thinking before you post?

Don't assume someone has played a game unless you have talked to them. Because assuming makes an ass of you and me, don't believe me look at how its spelled.

Game spoiler?

It's not stupid, it's called a business plan. If they made every Pokemon available in one game, the need to buy other versions would not be there, and they would not make any money.
    wait sorry i gess your right.
    BUT Wait sorry i frogot to say that was my opinoun(DANG I SPELLED THAT WRONG)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Your opinion is really flawed :S
    1. ) Kanto and Johto are right next to each other, so unless there is a magic barrier keeping Kanto and Johto Pokemon from going to the other region, it doesn't make sense to make Pokemon Region Specific.
    2. ) I don't remember being able to get the Kanto Starters in Johto, what do you mean...
    3. ) You could never catch any Kanto Legendaries in Johto, nor could you catch any in Kanto if I recall.

and let's work on your opinion that 251 Pokemon is to many...WTF are you talking about? We actually had less new Pokemon in G/S compared to the amount in Y/R/B.
    You also fail to remember that we had to import well over 3/4 of the Kanto Pokemon from our Y/R/B games.
    If we only had Johto Pokemon, and Pokemon that were evo's and preevo's of those Johto Pokemon, we would have about roughly 110 Pokemon in the game untill we could reach Kanto.
    You kinda misunderstood my meaning... I said re-new Johto-dex!! And Johto-dex shouldn't include all 251 Pokemon...
    My Johto-dex:
    Spoiler:

As you see, even if you don't count in the star category Pokemon. It's is MORE THAN 110 Pokemon, genius!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    WHAT!!!!! DUDE do you even rember how fun it was in gold no THATS BECAUSE YOU PROBLY NEVER PLayed it just let nintendo do what they whant they will make a Gold remake they will include all of the Pokemon and the Pokegear.
    Look, i want it as much as the next guy, but i can't really just stand in the corner saying it will come without proof.
    until Nintendo announces something about it, its still in rumours and speculation.
    And don't judge me just because i was pointing out why it might NOT be made, because i'm neutral in this. I played it and even bet Red, but i have a hard time believing it when Nintendo announced nothing about it.
    Unlike you, i also get parts that the game might not be made.
    And no, unless you can tell the future, you will not know if they will make a remake.
    they might get lazy and quit it.
    please, just look at it from both sides.
    i just give out why it might and might NOT be made, and thats all.
    oh, and "what" has a question mark at the end.
    i suck at reading bad pronunciation.

Last edited:

Skychi

The Rising Sun of Doom
    Years
  • Main Headline:

Tis' been confirmed fake!

G/S remakes confirmed fake read all about it!

Today, at an earlier seen, a young lad named "Skychi" was caught at the crime seen with a very strange link. Here's what he had to say:

my.opera./Mr.Chimchar/blog/pokemon-silver-and-gold-remakes-a-fake

'If you put the symbol ".com" after the word Opera, the link becomes a light-blueish color which you can click." "If you do this, it will lead you to a page with evidence of why the G/S remakes are fake!"

Side Headings:
    PC as active as ever!
    "..."

Ok anyway, you guys get the point. It's fake. No further discussion required.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Main Headline:

Tis' been confirmed fake!

G/S remakes confirmed fake read all about it!

Today, at an earlier seen, a young lad named "Skychi" was caught at the crime seen with a very strange link. Here's what he had to say:

my.opera./Mr.Chimchar/blog/pokemon-silver-and-gold-remakes-a-fake

'If you put the symbol ".com" after the word Opera, the link becomes a light-blueish color which you can click." "If you do this, it will lead you to a page with evidence of why the G/S remakes are fake!"

Side Headings:
    PC as active as ever!
    "..."

Ok anyway, you guys get the point. It's fake. No further discussion required.

XD

That was proved months ago, and that means absolutely nothing, NOTHING.

There have been rumors and fakes such as this for years, it doesn't mean that Nintendo won't decide to make GS remakes, or maybe they have already and are hiding it from us? O_o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back