• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Rumours... let's just say there are rumours about anything and everything. I've head that he has already designed the first 1000 Pokemon, which goes against the aforementioned one - but it doesn't mean either are true.

However though - as long as Pokemon sells, then they'll keep making games. They're not going to stop a money-making machine just like that, unless it no longer sells. And looking at recent sales, that's still a very safe bet. -_-

Pingouin_7

I think if they do remake it, they shouldn't make a Crystal Remake. Only the two first games, like with Fire-Red/Leaf-Green. (It wouldn't give a dillema wether to choose the third version, wich has more features, or choose one of the two first while a friend chooses the other one.)

If they only remake Gold and Silver, but not Crystal, I think Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver are pretty great names (I would choose Dawn Silver.)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Actually the rumor is real bobandbill. He doesnt have the first 1000 designed but he has 1000 designed. Im guessing out of thos 1000 only 200-300 will be used in a span of 3 generations.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hmm. Link then? :/

And after all, him having done it doesn't mean they'd be all used (like how the coding and hints suggesting a GS remake end up for naught) - nor that any would be used at all and this'd be the last gen. But this I really REALLY doubt, IMHO. Sooner or later I expect a fifth gen to be announced one way or another, although probbaly not for a while yet. -_-

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • 2009 is mostly likely to happen and too soon for you then. Anyway how cool will it be if corocoro says surprise there is something else we didnt mention...a certain game...and boom new clothed charcters with a level 5 totodile. Yeah i would spaz out if that happened.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Ok so there is currently 3 names if There is going to be a remake:

Pokémon DuskGold Version
    Pokémon DawnSilver Version
    Pokemon WhiteGold Version

Which do you guys think Nintendo should pick?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Why are there only those three names available? :/ After all, Nintendo can choose any name they want - including those which hadn't seemed obvious to ANYONE, or ones which they didn't currently hold the website domain or copyright of either. (After all, they're a giant company - such things mean little when they have the $$$ to simply buy the rights needed, no?).

An example? None other than the most recent one in Platinum. *recalls arguments between people on how it HAD to be Opal and Platinum was a stupid name and didn't make any sense* That was an unexpected name, and one which I believe already had a website domain owned by a fansite, unlike the other previous games.

So there's no real point speculating on the name of it, really; nor is there any point in trying to narrow it down when it hasn't even been confirmed yet. And IMO I don't really care about the name, as long as there's a remake. -_-

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
  • I don't know why some people are shooting down this game just because 'you can already get all 493!'. (Sorry if I pulled that out of a hat, but I remember some people talking about it like that.)
    That's a crock of rubbish! Remember that money comes before what you can get in the game, and if this game can produce an extra coffee machine at the Game Freak headquarters, would you say no? I sure wouldn't, and it'd be a great experience.
    Plus, the DSi will shoot down the dongle method, meaning that it CAN be impossible to get all 493 for some people.
    I never really liked the DSi much.. Why replace the GBA slot with a camera? What's so hip and edgy about that?! Two consoles in one is way more edgy! Are Nintendo turning into Apple? Will we start seeing a motion sensor which flips the screen horizontally when you turn it?!

Hah, all joking aside, I suspect fully that Game Freak are planning a G/S remake, and it'll be their final remake. Newer pokemon fans should experience what the year 2000 was all about. :P

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Why are there only those three names available? :/ After all, Nintendo can choose any name they want - including those which hadn't seemed obvious to ANYONE, or ones which they didn't currently hold the website domain or copyright of either. (After all, they're a giant company - such things mean little when they have the $$$ to simply buy the rights needed, no?).

An example? None other than the most recent one in Platinum. *recalls arguments between people on how it HAD to be Opal and Platinum was a stupid name and didn't make any sense* That was an unexpected name, and one which I believe already had a website domain owned by a fansite, unlike the other previous games.

So there's no real point speculating on the name of it, really; nor is there any point in trying to narrow it down when it hasn't even been confirmed yet. And IMO I don't really care about the name, as long as there's a remake. -_-

Alright I see your point, that was dumb of me.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Pokémon DuskGold Version

I like them all but the two Dusk/Dawn duo is best because there would be two games for me to use!

Hiroshi Uwishicarwei

Darkness...
    Years
  • Okay, first of all. They aren't site for release until 2010-2011. Okay? The names are possibly Pocket Monsters Dusk Gold and Pocket Monsters Dawn Silver. They will do this, if that magazine article about it was fake, your wrong. I would have turned that into a report if it isn't true. But, it was suppose be released next year. Instead, they decided to do Pocket Monsters Platina/Purachina (now known as Platinum). So, it isn't til 2010-2011. We need a new Kanto remake too. I want it on the DS...

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Yes people alway doubt things, but yet they end up happenings and they be in shock. Also they are think about the word because how it sounds in English as well and not in Japanese. The Japanese word for Platinum is Purachina from what I was told which sound different then how it is said in English.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020

Pokémon DuskGold Version

Those are rumors, which you can ask Nintendo if it's true. Plus, they already copyrighted Platinum just after it's JPN release.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    So the title can be PlatinumGold or PlatinumSilver as well as WhiteSilver. What else names have they copyright? I wonder if their will be some Sinnoh references in the remakes like they made Johto references in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Here is my theory about the when the GS remakes will most likely be released:
    Pokemon Platinum came out in September of this year in Japan so my speculation is if they are working on the Gold and Silver remakes they will probably be released in November 2009 in Japan and they will be release outside of Japan in 2010. I am basing this on the fact that Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen was released approximately 14 months after Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire in Japan.

Last edited:

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Taken from the financial perspective people seem to be talking about lately, GS remake takes a back seat to a fifth gen game. :S The original FR/LG sales weren't really all that great compared to any of the other mainseries Pokemon titles. Meanwhile, D/P is tremendously winning at sales.

If the mindset is "Money good!" then they have to take a look at the fact that remakes don't bring in the dough like new games do.

The original remakes were also devised by Nintendo as a way to reintroduce the youngsters to the origins of Pokemon. The same can't quite be said about GSC. It was a very nice generation, to be sure, but the nostalgia factor isn't quite there... at least not on Nintendo's end.

I think somebody posted a link to a petition with, what? 2575 signatures? To put this into perspective, D/P has sold well into the millions. While we can afford to assume that there are more people than 2575 who want GSDS, even multiplying that number by, say, a hundred times, still isn't even close to a majority of what can be assumed to be Nintendo's fanbase. Oops?

I'm not necessarily opposed to GSDS, but real-world-wise, odds look... mehish.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Taken from the financial perspective people seem to be talking about lately, GS remake takes a back seat to a fifth gen game. :S The original FR/LG sales weren't really all that great compared to any of the other mainseries Pokemon titles. Meanwhile, D/P is tremendously winning at sales.

If the mindset is "Money good!" then they have to take a look at the fact that remakes don't bring in the dough like new games do.

The original remakes were also devised by Nintendo as a way to reintroduce the youngsters to the origins of Pokemon. The same can't quite be said about GSC. It was a very nice generation, to be sure, but the nostalgia factor isn't quite there... at least not on Nintendo's end.

I think somebody posted a link to a petition with, what? 2575 signatures? To put this into perspective, D/P has sold well into the millions. While we can afford to assume that there are more people than 2575 who want GSDS, even multiplying that number by, say, a hundred times, still isn't even close to a majority of what can be assumed to be Nintendo's fanbase. Oops?

That is not why I posted the link there. I was posting the link because people suggested that they signed a petition on this forum so I linked them to it so. When did I say that there was guarantee a GS remke. I know that 2585 signatures along will not be enough. I am a young adult not a little child okay. I do not even know how well DP sold anyway. I think you do not want a GS remake that is find, but you need to stop with your negitive attitude towards the remakes on this forum and stop discouraging other people. People say that something is never going happen, but I alway heard that and things end up happening even if it takes years and years to come. I cannot use any examples because some are against the rules to mention. Why does it bother you so that some people want a GS remake? It does not bother me if someone wants a remake of another game that I do not care for.

Also read this post that I posted
    I heard that the Pokemon on the Game Boy Advance games cannot be transfered to the DSi, but that does not neccesarily mean that they are going to remake the Gold and Silver games though I wish it was so. They are not just going give us a remake because of references to Johto in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl we have to show them that we want a remake. If we do not do that they not remake it and go on to the fifth generation and never remake the Gold and Silver game. Anyway how long does it take to make a remake game. I do not think it would take that long to make like a new game would?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yay for posts that somehow end up far longer than I originally intended them to be.
    Taken from the financial perspective people seem to be talking about lately, GS remake takes a back seat to a fifth gen game. :S The original FR/LG sales weren't really all that great compared to any of the other main series Pokemon titles. Meanwhile, D/P is tremendously winning at sales.

This I feel can be debatable - firstly, a GS remake will for many be practically a new game. And for many more, it'd be a trip down memory lane, which many are quite willing to revisit. Unlike R/B/Y, for instance as well, most of the GSC games are now unplayable due to dead internal batteries. Many also feel (leastways, based on what I have seen all over the place - not just this forum but others I also frequent/visit) that GSC was the superior game to RBY. It also was were Pokemon arguably was at its peak - so IMO there would is a bigger 'demand', so to speak, of a GS remake as opposed to the RB remake in FR/LG.

I also feel IMO that it IS a little bit early for a fifth gen to start now. Although I'm against trying to predict when such and such a game or generation will start, this one so far IS currently 'young' compared to the others. Last gen saw R/S/E/FR/LG - two sets of games released at three times. Not only that, but you've also got Colosseum and XD on the GC, and numerous spin-offs as well. So far for the fourth gen, one has D/P/Pt, and PBR as the 'main' games - not as much as before, and still a fair bit of time until the DS, and a LOT of time until the Wii will be replaced by the next gen console.

Does this mean that they will fit in a GS remake into this gen - well, no. (And that is assuming a GS remake WILL happen). But IMO a GS remake is probably more likely to happen in this gen rather than the next if it happens at all for a few reasons. Firstly, it looks like there IS a fair bit of time for the 4th gen to go on.

Secondly, and undeniably I feel, a GS remake WILL sell. How well is questionable - I think it'd do above and beyond what FR/LG did, but even if it only made as much profit as they did which I have very little doubt over, it'll easily be a good enough incentive or reason for them to make it. (After all, the main reason they make games is for themselves to make $$$). Given that they have no reason to rush into the next gen (past history shows they haven't yet to great success = i.e. DP sales), they could easily do that while working on other projects like, say, another game for the Wii, or even the 5th gen games.

Also bear in mind that it usually takes a good while from a new gen being revealed to a new gen game being made and produced. Take the introduction of Munchlax (and Bonsly I suppose...) - he was introduced well before DP. They even got an appearance in a 3rd gen game (XD) as well during their wait. I feel this means that the 4th gen still has a decent amount of time left within it.

Finally, I find it more likely a GS remake will be made this gen due to the in-game coding in DP about Pokemon being able to come from 'Johto'. Unless the 5th gen games allow for trade-backs (which would be nice, but less likely IMO than another migration-system - one-way only), then feasibly that coding would only come into play for a game allowing trading both ways, like another 4th-gen game.
    I'd disagree - the original remakes, although they could be argued to be in some part a way to say 'hey customers! Take a look at our roots - no, don't look at Green... look at these flashy new remakes of Red and Blue!', were more IMO to 'celebrate' the 10th aniversary, to make many Pokemon available to players, and for the most part - another excuse for them to get more $$$. After all, if someone wanted to look at the origins of Pokemon, they could find an old RBY game pak, a GB or GB Colour and play away. Or simply get a ROM, which'd be far cheaper for a person interested in trying an old game.

Nintendo/Game Freak wouldn't make it easily available out of the goodness of their hearts - afetr all, they're a money-making business. So they simply turned out a money-making product in the form of a remake, instead of just settling on making a brand-new game. And it did sell - not spectaularly, but what does one expect from a game for the most part redone, and nothing that much new added in apart from a few islands and a lack of a Battle Tower.

I'll also disagree with the point on GSC offering less of a 'nostalgia' factor... heck, MANY people's first games would have been GSC, like me. And those who played RBY would have been likely to have also played GSC as well - after all, Pokemon was at their peak then. So one can argue even more people would have been familar with that game. It's approaching the same length of time since that game from now, and the time between FR/LG and RBY as well, and given that hardly any GSC game paks work now, I'd say it's possible more people want GSC due to a nostalgia factor. (Not as many people want another RBY remake due to nostalgia as they recently had FR/LG).

Petitions are petitions - not everyone that wants a GS remake goes on a handful of forums and comes across this petition; nor does everyone sign it either as many think 'it's not THAT important an issue and it won't work as well anyway'. This I feel is HARDLY a true reflection at all at how many want a GS remake (and again, don't forget the new Pokemon players who, for them, a GS remake would be an entirely new game as well - they are unlikely to sign a petition as it wouldn't affect them anyhow, as they hadn't played GSC). And I'm certain that Nintendo wouldn't be going around looking for a petition to judge on whether a game would sell or not either. (I'm pretty sure also that this petition would go better than what a RBY remake petition would have done, but that's just personal opinion).

So I will have to disagree with you, tbh. :/ I will agree that a GS remake would, IMO, not sell as well as a new gen - but this is pretty obious after all. In a new gen game - you get new places, new aspects, a game on a better, and now more commonly-used platform, new Pokemon, new graphics... new everything! No wonder DP sold more than FR/LG. This is hardly a surprise to me.

But FR/LG still made a neat profit for Nintendo/Game Freak, and IMO a GS remake would net even more $$$. And as long as a game will possibly sell resonably, it's got a good chance to be made.

All this debating however does sadly come to naught - all one can do is wait to see IF a GS remake will be made, and if so - WHEN. And we'll only find out for sure when it is announced, if it is announced.
    In 1010 ill be busy fighting the romans.
    Oh, haven't you heard? It's going to be Nintendo's new marketing scheme - the GS remake will be released along with the next piece of Nintendo hardware - the Nintendo Time-Traveller! ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back