• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Gaara Story (no creativity, no proper title)

Years
    This story is a Naruto fanfic with Gaara as the main character that I wrote for my sister. Since I am merely a girl who knows almost nothing about Gaara, this fanfic is AU and probably OOC. Plz no flames, for I am easily hurt. My sister loves this story and always pestering me to continue, so I always end up going home with a new chapter printed out for her. For some unknown reason, I hope that is the impact I have on my readers. lol Anyway, enough of my ramblings and on with the story!

The Start​

Gaara looked up at his new school with his usual indifferent look on his face. Temari went to this school, as did his older brother before he graduated. He gave a mental sigh and walked in alone, adjusting the strap of his backpack.

He ignored the other teens staring at him as he walked down the hallway. He kept his eyes straight ahead, not meeting anybody's eyes. A girl suddenly appeared in front of him. She had silver hair that reached her upper thighs and amber eyes similar to the color of honey. She wore a pink top with only the left sleeve outlined in light pink, worn blue jeans and a light blue skirt over them. She also wore white two-inch-high flip-flops and a pink choker with a sapphire in the middle around her neck.

Gaara stopped and glared at her.

"Hi! Are you new here?" she asked.

Gaara continued to glare at her.

"Yeah." He replied after a moment.

"So am I. I'm Karamai. Karamai Togashi. What's your name?" she asked, crossing her arms behind her back.

"Gaara." He replied.

"Hey, Karamai!"

Gaara and Karamai turned around to see another girl walk over. She had elbow-length dark green almost black hair in a high ponytail and sapphire blue eyes. She wore a top similar to Karamai's except it was black and was not outlined, dark blue jeans, and black sneakers. She also wore a black tear drop-shaped stone around her neck and dark blue wristbands. She looked at Karamai with a hand on her hip.

"Why'd you leave me behind?" she asked.

"Sorry! I forgot you were following me." Karamai apologized, sweatdropping and rubbing the back of her head.

The girl glared at her angrily. Then she noticed Gaara.

"Who's this?" she asked, looking at Karamai.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. This is Gaara. He's new here, just like us." Karamai explained.

"Hmm." The girl looked back to Gaara.

"I'm Amaya. Amaya Awakaru. Welcome to Shinobi High School, Gaara."

Gaara nodded his head in greeting.

Just then the first bell rang, signaling the students to get to their first period class. Karamai 'eeked' and looked around.

"Oh, I don't know where to go!" she muttered. She turned to Gaara. "Could you possibly help me find my class?" she asked. Gaara glared at her for a moment and then looked at Amaya. She gave him a look that said quite clearly 'I'm not gonna help her, so you help.'

"Fine. Let me see your schedule." He muttered. Karamai pulled a folded piece of paper from her pants pocket and handed it to Gaara. He unfolded it and looked at it for a minute, leaving Karamai practically dancing on her toes. He folded it back up and handed it back to Karamai.

"Follow me." He said, turning to the right. Karamai nodded and went to follow him.

"Don't dawdle. Get going!" Amaya said, pushing her friend to make her go faster. But she tripped over her own foot and was falling. At Karamai's surprised 'eek', Gaara turned around in time to see Karamai falling. Then, thud.

Karamai had landed on Gaara and had knocked him over so that she was on top of him with her hands on his chest. They were staring at each other with wide eyes when they finally realized that their lips were touching. Karamai gave her signature 'eek' and scrambled off of Gaara, her face cherry red.

"I'm so sorry!" she squeaked, her hand over her mouth.

Gaara blinked as he got to his feet again. *What just happened?* Then he remembered and he turned to glare angrily at Amaya, who had a sheepish look on her face.

"Uh, heh heh… Oops…" she said, rubbing the back of her head with a sweatdrop. "Sorry…"

RIIIIIINNNNNNG!

"Oh no! We're late!" Karamai exclaimed, holding the sides of her face.

"Go on, then, you two!" Amaya said.

Gaara gave her a look that said, 'I hate you' before showing a freaking out Karamai the way to her first period class.

"Thanks, Gaara. See you later!" she said, running off in the direction of her class.

Gaara watched after her for a moment before going to his own class, thinking.

*What is this feeling in my chest? And why does my face feel so hot?* he wondered. He touched his lips tentatively. *And what was that? It left me breathless…*

"Guess I'll probably never know…" he muttered, still touching his lips. "I'll probably never forget it…"

And he never did.

[EDIT: The title of this story is 'Newfound Feelings']

Last edited:
    Years
    The Present

~*~*~3 YEARS LATER~*~*~​

It's been three years since the incident between Gaara and Karamai. Since then, Gaara has learned what he had felt back then, after that incident, and he realized he still feels the same. He never did forget that incident, but Karamai had. And since then they've become distant, only acquaintances who said hello to each other once in a while. Perhaps it was a good thing; Gaara always felt awkward around her.

And the fact that Karamai still hung out with Amaya bothered him greatly. He had hated her when the incident occurred. But when he found out where she came from, he hated her even more. She was from the suburb where the volcano once was before it had erupted and destroyed it. All the people over there had died except Amaya, who had gone out that day. He had found out from his older sister Temari when he was moved to 10th grade in his first year at Shinobi High.

Now he is a senior, as is Karamai and Amaya. Prom is three weeks away. That is where we begin.

***​

Gaara kept staring at her; he couldn't help it. Something about her attracted him. Maybe it was the way she looked, or maybe it was how mysterious she was that attracted him. Or it might have been because of the kiss they shared when they first met three years ago.

She suddenly looked at him, and his heart skipped a beat. *What beautiful eyes…* he found himself thinking. They were beautiful. They were a golden amber color, similar to the color of honey. He had fallen in love with those eyes when he first saw them three years ago, he just didn't realize it until last year.

His thoughts did not show on his face, nor did his feelings. He had to learn to do that again; he did not like people seeing his feelings.

"Could you stop staring at me, Gaara?" she asked.

He looked away for a moment before looking at her again from the corner of his eye. She had gone back to talking to her friends, Amaya, Naruto Uzamaki, and Sasuke Uchiha. Amaya suddenly glared at him.

"I do believe Karamai asked you to stop staring, Desert boy." She said in a harsh tone.

Gaara narrowed his eyes at her.

"I'm not scared of you." He said dangerously, the first thing he had said since he had arrived in the cafeteria.

"You should be." Amaya growled.

They both glared at each other angrily, sparks flying.

"Stop picking fights, Amaya." Karamai said.

Amaya 'hmphed' and went back to listening to Naruto and Sasuke tease each other.

Karamai then turned back to Gaara, whose heart once again skipped a beat.

"I will not say it again. Please stop staring, Gaara." Karamai said seriously.

Gaara once again looked away. He perked up his ears and listen to the conversations as he finished eating one of his rice balls.

"What's your problem with Gaara, Amaya?" he heard Sasuke ask.

"Our families just don't get along." He heard Amaya reply.

*Got that right.* Gaara thought.

"Why? Gaara's nice enough, though he does seem to have gotten a bit of a staring problem." He heard Karamai say. At her words, his heart leapt.

"I don't know. All I know is that our families have hated each other since before we were born." Amaya replied.

"You're listening in?"

Gaara nearly jumped out of his seat at the voice. He turned to see his friend Rock Lee sitting in the seat beside him.

"When did you get here?" he asked.

"Just got here." Rock Lee replied. He looked towards the Popular Table and his eyes landed on Karamai, the girl with honey colored eyes. "Isn't she beautiful?" he asked, hearts in his eyes.

Gaara looked at her from the corner of his eye. She was laughing now; obviously, Naruto had told a funny joke. The sight and sound of her laughing made his heart race.

"I don't really see it." He forced himself to say.

"What? How can you not see her beauty? All the guys notice that!" Rock Lee stated.

Gaara snorted.

"I'm not 'all the guys', Lee. You should know that by now." He stated, taking a bite of his last rice ball.

"I thought that you had noticed it. You've been staring at her a lot." Lee said.

Gaara turned to his friend, surprised.

"What do you mean? I don't stare at her!" he protested.

Rock Lee smiled and pointed at Gaara's face.

"You're blushing." He said.

"No I'm not!" Gaara stated, looking away from his friend and finishing his rice ball.

"Yes you are."

"I'm not blushing, Lee."

"Yes you are."

"I'm not blushing!"

"Yes you-"

RIIIIIIIIINNNNNG!

*Saved by the bell!* Gaara thought.

"See ya later, Lee!" he said, picking up his backpack and walking off.

"Hey, Gaara! Get back here!" Rock Lee called. But Gaara had already left the cafeteria and was on his way to his next class.

"Gaara!"

Gaara stopped and turned to see Karamai jogging to catch up with him, her silver hair swinging as she ran. He kept his face clear of emotion when she finally caught up to him, though his heart was racing a mile a second.

"What?" he asked.

"I just want to apologize." Karamai replied.

Gaara raised an eyebrow slightly.

"Apologize? For what?"

"For Amaya's behavior earlier. And for me being so cold to you." She replied.

Gaara looked at her, somewhat surprised. She was being sincere; he could tell by the look on her face.

"It's alright. I'm used to it. Um, I'm gonna be late for class. See ya." He said, running off.

"See ya!" Karamai called after him. When he was out of sight, she sighed.

"What's with you, Karamai?" Amaya asked when she saw her friend standing in the middle of the hallway.

Karamai turned to her friend and shook her head.

"Nothing." She replied.

"Okay. C'mon, we gotta get to class." Amaya said, walking around a group of chattering girls. She reached her classroom and went in. She could see Gaara sitting his usual seat in the back on the side where the door was from the corner of her eye. She ignored him like she always did and sat in the seat closest to the door. Then Sasuke entered and sat in the seat right in front of Gaara.

Gaara suddenly pulled a piece of paper from his folder and started to write on it:

Hey, Sasuke. What do you know about Karamai?

He folded the paper and tossed it gently over Sasuke's shoulder onto his desk. He heard Sasuke unfold the note. Sasuke glanced at him over his shoulder before writing back.

Why?

Just curious…

Yeah, right. Anyway, I don't really know anything about Karamai.

*Kuso.* Gaara thought angrily. (A/N: It won't let me put the real word in... I think that's the right word for it...)

Thanks anyway, Sasuke. He wrote back. He was surprised when Sasuke gave him the note back.

If you're having girl problems, ask Amaya for help.

The very thought of it riled Gaara up. He sat fuming through the rest of the period, not even hearing what the teacher was talking about or doing any of the work. He just kept trying to come up with a solution to his problem that didn't have anything to do with the girl he hated most. But no matter how he thought about it, it always came to asking Amaya for help.

When the final bell finally rang and everybody got out of their seats, Gaara sighed in defeat. *I guess I have no other option. I'm gonna have to ask for Amaya's help.*

Thanks for your reviews. *coughnotcough* Even if you don't review, I'll keep on posting. But hopefully you'll review now. *hopeshopeshopes*

Years
    Befriending An Enemy​

"Amaya!"

Amaya stopped and turned around to see Gaara coming her way. Her eyes narrowed and the grip she held on the strap of her messenger bag tightened until her knuckles were white. When he finally caught up, she asked in a cold tone, "What do you want, Desert boy?"

Gaara sighed. *I hope this is the right way…*

"I want your help." He replied.

Amaya raised an eyebrow at him.

"What?" she asked, surprised.

"I want your help." Gaara repeated, this time a little slower.

"What with?" She asked. *It must be something big if he's desperate enough to ask me for help.* she concluded.

Gaara breathed in deeply.

"With… Karamai…" he muttered, only loud enough for her to hear.

"With… Karamai…?" Amaya asked, both eyebrows raised.

*Here it comes.* Gaara thought.

Amaya burst out laughing, leaning heavily on the wall for fear of falling on the dirty school floor. Gaara waited patiently for almost five minutes before he asked, "Are you quite finished?"

Amaya continued to laugh as she held up a finger. Her laughs turned to chuckles. Her chuckles then turned back to laughs and then back to chuckles. Then it went to giggles. Soon she had stopped laughing altogether and was gasping for air, a smile on her face.

"Okay… I'm done now." She gasped, still smiling.

Gaara waited for her to catch her breath. When Amaya could finally breathe, he asked, "Can you help me?"

Amaya sighed and pretended to think for a moment.

"No." she answered.

"Aw, c'mon." Gaara said. He had expected that to be her reply, but it didn't help that he was right.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because 1- I don't like you, 2- Karamai wouldn't like you, and 3- you don't have a decent thing you can offer me for my services." Amaya replied.

"How do you know I don't have something for you as payment?" Gaara asked with a raised eyebrow and a small smirk.

Amaya narrowed her eyes at him.

"What could you possibly have that I want?" she asked.

"It's a surprise. You'd find out if you helped me." Gaara replied.

Amaya growled at him. She was too curious sometimes; it was one of her only weaknesses.

"Fine." She replied through gritted teeth.

Gaara smiled.

"Great."

"First," Amaya added, "we will have to discuss this. Preferably somewhere private, where we won't be overhead."

Gaara blinked.

"Why?" he asked.

"I don't want random people I don't even know coming up to me and asking me to help them with break-ups or something stupid like that." She replied simply.

"Oh."

"Now, c'mon, Desert boy. We're going to my place." Amaya said, turning to leave. Gaara grabbed her by the elbow.

"Why should we go to your place?" he demanded.

Amaya glared at him.

"1- I have to get home and 2- If I went to your place your family would probably try to kill me and you'd have nobody to help you." Amaya replied, jerking her arm away from Gaara's grip. "Now, c'mon." she added, walking off.

Gaara sighed mentally. *I hope this is worth it in the end…* he thought, following the dark-green haired girl.

About 10 minutes later they arrived outside a small apartment at the edge of the remains of the Ash Village area. It was painted a light blue, contrasting with the dried lava in the distance so it stood out.

Amaya took out a key and unlocked the door. She opened the door and walked in, kicking off her sneakers as she did. She looked behind her to see Gaara still standing there.

"I don't believe you're a vampire, so you don't have to wait for me to tell you so to come in." she said. Gaara glared at her and went in, kicking off his shoes as well.

He had entered a light blue-painted living room with matching carpet. In the middle of the living room was a regular sized T.V., a soft couch, a stereo, several different game stations, games, a DVD/VCR player, and a large array of tangled wires visible behind the T.V.

On his right was an open doorway leading to a kitchen that had the same color wall but had white tile on the floor instead of carpet. In the kitchen were the usual appliances: refrigerator, microwave, oven, and a toaster. By the doorway were a small table and two chairs. In one of the chairs was a black cat with a small white spot on its chest sleeping soundly. At the sound of footsteps, its eyes opened, revealing a blue color. It lazily stretched and jumped off the chair, walking up to Amaya with a very cute meow. She smiled and picked up the cat.

"Hiya, Chubby!" she greeted in a somewhat squeaky tone.

Gaara looked at her with a raised eyebrow. It was surprising to see such a change in her attitude and personality. *I guess this is how she is when there aren't people around…* he concluded.

Amaya put down the black cat and went into the kitchen. She opened a cabinet and took out two packages of ramen, two bowls, and two pairs of chopsticks. Amaya turned to Gaara, who stood in the open doorway, unsure of what to do.

"Go wait on the couch. I'll be there in a bit." She said. Gaara noticed how much more mellow her tone was now that she was at home. He nodded and sat on the couch and looked around boredly.

The black cat named Chubby leapt into Gaara's lap, surprising him. They looked at each other for a while before Chubby started to purr and rub his head against Gaara's arm. Gaara looked at him in a curious way before taking Chubby's ear between his thumb, index, and middle fingers and rubbing it, making him purr louder. He smiled.

"He likes you."

Gaara looked beside him to see Amaya standing with two bowls of steaming ramen in her hands. She offered him a bowl and he took it, placing it in his lap once Amaya shooed Chubby away. She sat down two cushions away from him, one leg hanging over the edge of the couch and sitting on the other. Gaara looked at her and pointed at her with his chopsticks.

"So you'll really help me?" he asked.

Amaya looked at him and finished eating her first bite of ramen before replying.

"Yeah, as long as you pay me at the end."

"I will." Gaara said, taking a bite of ramen too. *As soon as I figure out what.*

I guess I won't be getting any reviews, but I'm still gonna post! Maybe I might get a review, but I'm not gonna keep my hopes up. Seems nobody really likes my story. Or are just too lazy to review. I hope it's the latter. Anyway, to anybody who actually reads this fic, thank you for reading and PLZ take the time to review, or at least comment!

Back