• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Ghost Risen!...Nah, just Volkner

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
Years
  • Hey all you wonderful PokeCommunity folk!

Ryan (Volkner) here, was an active member on PC from '06-'10 and a few months following that, but after I got too busy to competitive battle and train, I took my leave of PC for awhile. Been floating in now and again to see if anything crazy happened, haha.

Still love Pokemon to death so I thought I'd pop by again with the X/Y revival. I mostly get my Poke-news from IGN and Serebii since it's easier to just read quick articles than scroll message boards, but my love of this place still exists!

I have no clue if anyone I knew back then is still around - if you are, herroooo!

For everyone else, I'm 23, recent college grad, just moved to a new city for a new job and stoked to make some Poke-buddies again. I've got a long EV-training road ahead of me, since I only just beat the game before the New Year and have been busy prepping for my move.

Don't be afraid to say hey on my wall - always down for setting up some practice battles, love forum contests and the badges/emblems things, and excited to see what PC has to offer these days!

I am also in severe need of an avatar/signature revamp..

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ahhhhh YOU HAVE A FIRE EMBLEM NEPHENEE THEME! <3 Are you into Fire Emblem too?! I looove the series it's just extraordinary and I collect all the games and ahhh. Well, even so, it's nice to have you back, and it's great to meet you Ryan! I've joined PC around 2010 myself!

Annd it's nice to see that your love of pokemon hasn't deminished! I noticed that Pokemon X and Pokemon Y have catered to everyone's deep interest in pokemon, no matter how small it is, and has risen them back up! I do hope that you'll see what changes that we have, like new staff members, new boards, and hey, we get name changing again!

Anywho, congrats on getting your new job! And I'm really happy to know that things are working out for ya! I hope that you'll stay active with us a little more, and I, myself, hope to get to know you more someday too! But again, it's nice to have you back, as you'll always be a great part of this community! Have a lovely stay! I'll be here anytime you need anything! ^^

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Ahhhhh YOU HAVE A FIRE EMBLEM NEPHENEE THEME! <3 Are you into Fire Emblem too?! I looove the series it's just extraordinary and I collect all the games and ahhh. Well, even so, it's nice to have you back, and it's great to meet you Ryan! I've joined PC around 2010 myself!

Annd it's nice to see that your love of pokemon hasn't deminished! I noticed that Pokemon X and Pokemon Y have catered to everyone's deep interest in pokemon, no matter how small it is, and has risen them back up! I do hope that you'll see what changes that we have, like new staff members, new boards, and hey, we get name changing again!

Anywho, congrats on getting your new job! And I'm really happy to know that things are working out for ya! I hope that you'll stay active with us a little more, and I, myself, hope to get to know you more someday too! But again, it's nice to have you back, as you'll always be a great part of this community! Have a lovely stay! I'll be here anytime you need anything! ^^

Aw, thanks so much for the warm welcome! By the way, EPIC theme for you as well, Cherche is such a great character. Yep, Fire Emblem is one of my absolute favorites - I have an intense love for tactical gameplay and cannot wait for a new Final Fantasy Tactics game on 3DS...hopefully one is coming soon. A new FE would be fantastic as well (though I've never played/collected the Japanese exclusive titles, I'm still crossing fingers that a revamped Roy story will hit Western shores!)

Great to be back and stoked to get to know everyone around these parts/explore new areas. ^^

Years
  • !! Welcome back, Ryan! I totally don't know you but I had an account here in 2006 and posted around a little so that's really cool to see. Older peeps returning makes me so very happy. :)

Glad your love for Pokemon still burns brightly - some people lose interest in the franchise and then leave, which makes me pretty sad because.. well, Pokemon is the best. X and Y are especially great and I'm still hooked on them myself! Breeding for IVs and all that good stuff is a good way for me to pass time, but right now I'm on the prowl for shinies via masuda method, yay.

Glad to hear you're open to battles and such as that'll make your return very fun! Why not check the Pokemon Showdown server we have here linked in our Battle Center board? That's a great way to practice and polish your skills without the need to create a team in-game. :3 Have a great time on the forum!

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • !! Welcome back, Ryan! I totally don't know you but I had an account here in 2006 and posted around a little so that's really cool to see. Older peeps returning makes me so very happy. :)

Glad your love for Pokemon still burns brightly - some people lose interest in the franchise and then leave, which makes me pretty sad because.. well, Pokemon is the best. X and Y are especially great and I'm still hooked on them myself! Breeding for IVs and all that good stuff is a good way for me to pass time, but right now I'm on the prowl for shinies via masuda method, yay.

Glad to hear you're open to battles and such as that'll make your return very fun! Why not check the Pokemon Showdown server we have here linked in our Battle Center board? That's a great way to practice and polish your skills without the need to create a team in-game. :3 Have a great time on the forum!

Thank you!! I will definitely have to check out the the Showdown server to shake off my battle rust! I never used to be a shiny hunter, but something tells me with the beautiful new 3D images, I might change that ;)

Great to meet you and nice to see some long-term folks are still around, even if we never had the pleasure in '06!

Back