• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Good Level to evolve Poliwhirl?

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I figured it's gotta be close enough. Is there any specific level//moves I should wait for before I evolve my Poliwhirl into a Politoed?
    Right now, my Poliwhirl (Penny) is at level 37. Should I wait until level 48 for it to learn Hydro Pump? Or should I just evolve it now?

It's current moves are:
    Bubblebeam
    Body Slam
    Hypnosis
    Mud Shot

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance (:

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Yeah, plus it has a low PP. I actually like the moveset it has now, but I'm not sure how useful it would be against the E4.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Well, Hydro Pump's accuracy is 80, that's not too bad, is it? Plus it's power is 120 and Surf's is only 95.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    Very true. So in your opinion, I should just teach my Poliwhirl surf and evolve it now?

MonsteR.

Heart Gold FTW
    Years
    If you want to train it some more i suggest teach it surf but don't evolve it. The reason is (If you don't already know) evolved pokemon take longer to level up. But hey its your choice, Hydro Pump is a good move, I just have bad luck with inaccurate moves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    You'd think that by now I'd know that, but I didn't. So thanks for telling me! I thought it just took evolved Pokemon longer to learn certain moves, I didn't know it took longer for them to level up O_o

Well, other than trading surf for bubblebeam, I don't think I'll teach it anything else. I guess when I evolve it is when I feel enough like doing it xD
    Thanks for your help (:

Back