• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
  • Chicken is tasty and pretty versatile in cooking. For fish it depends on the type of fish for me. There's some pretty good fish 🤤
    I like me some tasty Turkey meat as well.

Years
  • Turkey is very hit an miss for me. My dad makes it good though!

Most of the red meat I eat is in the form of burgers.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I just realized that my weather forcast app added a "10000 days" option. That shows a "trend" of where the weather is heading up until 2050.

It made me really sad. :(

Years
  • The temps here are freezing (for this time of year) I wonder if the whole of Canada will be the new arctic.

Years
  • i understand this sounds completely desperate, but i feel like i'm a bit of a stranger on this forum. i guess so many friendship groups are already established here, and posting mostly anything makes me feel like i'm invading everyone's happiness lol

social anxiety do be like that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    i understand this sounds completely desperate, but i feel like i'm a bit of a stranger on this forum. i guess so many friendship groups are already established here, and posting mostly anything makes me feel like i'm invading everyone's happiness lol

Can relate; even after ten years I still avoid certain places on PC because I don't really feel like I belong there *cough*Discord*cough*

Try joining a club in the club section or posting in Pokemon Trivia or Forum Games. These places have relatively small numbers of active people. xD
    10,000 days? I'm guessing it said we're probably doomed by then?
    Temperatures go up.

I think we've also given up on the 1.5° and are now desperately trying to avoid the 2.0°. And by the latter I mean "not really trying but hoping things will work out, anyway." ^^"

Years
  • i understand this sounds completely desperate, but i feel like i'm a bit of a stranger on this forum. i guess so many friendship groups are already established here, and posting mostly anything makes me feel like i'm invading everyone's happiness lol

You're not. As a mod of this section, I enjoy talking to you and seeing you post here :>

We had out of control forest fires here, but now it's pouring rain. Hopefully it's helping the teams fighting them.

Years
  • We had out of control forest fires here, but now it's pouring rain. Hopefully it's helping the teams fighting them.

I live in the USA, but the Canadian forest fires are affecting the air quality here. Everything is hazy, and the sky wasn't blue this afternoon, it was like, orange or yellow? Smoke particles may affect our lungs here, so I had to wear a mask going out. Stay safe everyone.

Years
  • I think they're completely out now but we had air warnings too.
    At least in my province. They enacted a burn ban with a $25,000 fine.

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • I don't live up there, but I'm afraid for this whole area every fire season, this whole place is a tinderbox and people like to light fireworks around here throughout the Summer. :/

Years
  • The NY post cover is pissing me off. My country is on fire and Americans are acting like it's some joke/our fault. No one wants to lose everything to fire.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    The NY post cover is pissing me off. My country is on fire and Americans are acting like it's some joke/our fault. No one wants to lose everything to fire.

the sheer IRONY of them going with "blame canada" when this shit is massively contributed to by climate change and definitely exacerbated by it, and yet when i just looked it up the figures i found suggest canada has about DOUBLE the proportion of its electricity generated by renewables versus the US... like no, you literally CANT blame canada, at least not nearly as much as you could blame yourselves, ny post

Years
  • Yeah there's literally like 100 people responsible for climate change and the rest of us can do little about it :(

I'm grateful the fires here are under control.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Yeah there's literally like 100 people responsible for climate change and the rest of us can do little about it :(

I'm grateful the fires here are under control.

yep, incredibly miserable stuff and they have the audacity to tell you it's your fault unless you buy an extremely expensive electric car (let's not think about how that electricity is going to be generated though!)

great that the fires are getting under control in some places at least, and im glad you're safe :)

Years
  • The only upside I can see is that your hands don't smell like gasoline after charging them lmao
    Or you don't have to smell gas at all. It gives me a headache.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    The only upside I can see is that your hands don't smell like gasoline after charging them lmao
    Or you don't have to smell gas at all. It gives me a headache.

well in theory they would be much better for the environment cause they aint got emissions! and yes, car emissions are terrible for the environment. but giant fossil fuel power stations are MUCH more of the problem and the electric cars are not only often being directly powered by those, they also have a massive environmental impact in the transportation of the materials involved like lithium and cobalt - PLUS the enormous unethical human cost in those operations.

say it with me now guys, there is no ethical consumption under capitalism!

Back