• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It can also mean Direct Messaging, which seems like Private Messaging but for more modern social media?
    yea for fast IMs like discord etc.

since i kinda grew up with RPing on pokécommunity where we say "GM" (game master) i still prefer that term d: but in dnd it's p much always called Dungeon Master so.

Years
    • Seen today
    I was in a group at my high school that played DnD. I merely spectated. Never participated.

I enjoyed the other activities that took place in said group (like us all playing mario kart together). Never felt the urge to jump into DnD, but I get the gist and understand why others find it fun.

Years
  • What happened yesterday afternoon still doesn't feel real, but I must state it to my Pokecommunity friends.

Yesterday afternoon, it was announced that there will be auditions next week for a Christmas play. I really want to go for it.

Now you may be asking "Why doesn't it feel real?" Well, for the last YEAR, I kept having a reoccurring dream that left me shaking. What would happen is I would be somehow younger in the dream like high school age. Then, a chance to be in the high school play would come up and I would sign up. I know the dream is no big deal to the average person, but it was so reoccurring it was almost nightmarish.

Now it's real. My audition is Wednesday, and even though I want a small role, I think I want a big role just to squash the reoccurring dream I've been having. I haven't had the nightmare in a while, but on the off chance it happens, I may just want to go for a larger role.

I do apologize for posting this here, but it just...doesn't seem real.

On a better note, i'm getting better sleep. Can't explain why...just am.

Also, is anyone else experiencing extreme seasonal allergies this year? I never had them this bad since I was a child. Weird.

Years
  • My mom's got really bad, but I'm lucky to not have them too bad.
    I'm allergic to some medicines in exchange.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Hopes you enjoy the theatre experience (or at least put the recurring dream to bed). Did you ever have a specific role in those dreams?

Noticed nothing unusual on the seasonal allergy side. Only ever experienced light symptoms at most (on those particular allergies), though. Credits some of that to rarely venturing outside.

Years
  • Dang. I would go crazy if I were to stay in a room for three weeks straight. I hope things are better now and you get a healthy recovery.

Meanwhile, my mental health is getting worse to no rhyme or reason. It crept on to me slowly and hit me like a ton of bricks. I can't seem to pinpoint where I went wrong. It's more than the audition tomorrow not feeling real, NOTHING AT ALL feels real right now.

I'm going to bed. Hopefully i'll get a good night's sleep.

Years
  • I had a real panic attack after the audition on Wednesday, which put me off mentally a day or two. Somehow, i'm getting better mentally already though after a therapy session and a stern talking from my mom a couple of days ago (don't ask). The nightmare is "squashed" so maybe I just needed to audition and realize theater life really is not for me. Maybe get those theater vibes out of my system even if it only lasted under 15 minutes. Lol.

What's wrong with me. *sigh*

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I had a real panic attack after the audition on Wednesday, which put me off mentally a day or two. Somehow, i'm getting better mentally already though after a therapy session and a stern talking from my mom a couple of days ago (don't ask). The nightmare is "squashed" so maybe I just needed to audition and realize theater life really is not for me. Maybe get those theater vibes out of my system even if it only lasted under 15 minutes. Lol.

What's wrong with me. *sigh*

Hey there. Just the fact that you put yourself out there to chase something that was important to you, even with the mental trouble it was causing you, is really impressive! I'm sorry to hear it led to a panic attack, but if the experience can in any way help you and your nightmare problem, then hopefully it was worth it in the end. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! (at least I don't think so anyway)

Years
  • There's nothing wrong with you. I have full blown panic attacks over scenarios I just think up. I think you were very brave!

Years
  • Alex and Corrin. Thanks for your kind words. It makes me feel good to know that there's nothing wrong with me, and that I was braver than I thought. If you two need to vent to me for any reason in return, my personal messages inbox and visitors messages are always open.

Years
  • Well look where the panic attack from Wednesday led me....i'm kicked out of the drumline because of that panic attack....something I actually ENJOY....I was raging all day today because of it.

So much for being brave. :(

Corrin, at least you are brave. Sending you well wishes.

Years
  • Well look where the panic attack from Wednesday led me....i'm kicked out of the drumline because of that panic attack....something I actually ENJOY....I was raging all day today because of it.

Well that really sucks; I hope you can find something else you can enjoy.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

So much for being brave. :(

Seems extremely excessive of them to straight up kick you out for just having a panic attack...
    Either way though, sorry for your loss... And screw them, you were still brave for trying something new, even if they're being s***heads about it. 👍

Back