• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
I had to have adult teeth removed because there was no room for them. They all look OK now but I have a wire retainer on my bottom teeth that makes flossing so hard.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
I just had a dental examination done and I have quite a few cavities that need to be dealt with, I've been running myself into the ground for several years so I'm finally working on taking proper care of myself. I hope to also get a eye exam done and I'm in the process of getting myself a doctor, I've just been needing to do bloodwork which I haven't had the time to do. My plan is to do it later this week, as I have a day off during a weekday.

I was able to get a cleaning done though, and I'm aiming to do the fillings at the beginning of next month, so I need to get around to booking that appointment.

Years
I need a check up. I had chemo back in 2022/23 and it doesn't feel like anything is wrong but I want to make sure they're still strong.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I had a doctor's appointment today and it lasted 33 seconds. I think that's a new record lol.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I always prolong my appointments because I get anxious and raise my own blood pressure.

Which means sitting through retakes of it >.>

Years
I'm taking my AP exams soon (college level classes you can take in secondary school for credit) and until a few days ago I thought the school was paying for them. Well it turns out they aren't and I'm on the hook for the bill; an $89 bill for every test. Since I'm taking 4 AP classes, I owe over $350 by the end of April for the privilege of spending hours taking standardized tests. Luckily my parents will be able to help out, but no wonder people say the American educational system is tilted towards the rich when they charge such exorbitant amounts for a damn packet and a bubble sheet. At least they're letting us type our essays this year...

Cherrim

Years
Ugh that sucks. You'd think the school would just eat that cost if they're offering the classes in the first place. :/

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
I had a doctor's appointment today and it lasted 33 seconds. I think that's a new record lol.
...what could possibly be accomplished in 33 seconds? o_O

I still need to get some work done for my doctor. I got a lab requisition and got sick like three days later and haven't gotten it done yet.

Cherrim

Years
A prescription renewal for something I've taken regularly for over a decade lol :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Okay yeah I suppose if it's that long going then a few seconds is all that's needed in that case.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
A bridge collapsed not far away from us in Baltimore. It really caused an uproar in the local news.

I've passed over that bridge too, quite a few times. Uncanny feeling.

Years
I read about that. The damage is pretty heavy too so it looks like it'll take a while to repair it.
Thankfully, it happened at a time where not many people were present, but I'm worried about those construction workers.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
@Starlight

Two dead bodies were recovered this morning. I believe 4 workers are still missing. The bridge could take over a decade to repair. (With at most over two billion in expenses). Or 9 million per day.

I'm not directly from the Baltimore area, but not far from it either. My family goes there on occasion (last time we went was August 2023).

I'm curious to how it'll impact traffic into the city. The tunnel entries are going to be even more congested.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Yeah, apparently police had 90 seconds of notice to stop traffic on the bridge, which prevented a lot of casualties. From what I'm hearing it was people that were actively working on the bridge that were the fatalities.

Back