• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A great opportunity is presented to you!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...the chance to change the post-game. If YOU had the power to change the post-game from the point the screen faded from black, what would you change? What extra features would you bring back that could be unlocked in the post-game, what about the story aka Ghetsis/N, the areas aka would you make the people in the new areas more exciting? etc. Be creative! :)

Or you can just share your thoughts on how you felt about the post-game and what it lacked, either works.

Last edited:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • TO be honest, there wasn't really anything interesting in the post game at all other than finding these 6 old guys, it would be great if you could, say, BATTLE those guys, and make them the hardest trainers in the game

Another idea is that you could have tooken a plane to another region to catch more Pokemon from the previous generations, with Team Plasma running around causing chaos in the region.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I thought the post game was rather lacking because you just had to explore eastern Unova, arrest 6 of the 7 Sages and rebattle the Elite 4. I would have liked it if a Team Plasma Grunt randomly decided to resurrect said team and you have to stop them.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • Another idea is that you could have tooken a plane to another region to catch more Pokemon from the previous generations, with Team Plasma running around causing chaos in the region.

I LOVE that idea! I think it would've been great if you could travel to, say, Sinnoh, and be able to participate in Contests and catch Pokemon from all generations.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years

• I LOVE that idea! I think it would've been great if you could travel to, say, Sinnoh, and be able to participate in Contests and catch Pokemon from all generations.

No contests, but Pokeathlon would be pretty epic.

The six sages were boring, all you had to do is talk to them, battle some grunts for some, then they give you a TM. Not much. Cynthia is oky (pretty hard actually), the Morimoto Guy is just meh, and alder is pretty serious. That's about it.

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Blow up the Battle Subway and replace it with the Battle Frontier.

Oh, and allow Gym Leader rematches.

That's pretty much it.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
  • I was honestly pretty disappointed with the Post-E4 in BW. I don't really know how I'd fix it, though I do love sidequests and such. (Which would explain my love for HGSS)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'd make it less linear. One of the biggest complaints I have about Unova is the set-out of the region. You travel from place to place in one big circle, which meant that by the time the post-game came around all you had to do was look at the map to know how much of the game you had left. I spent the entire post-game counting down how many more towns I had to visit before it would end.

I'd add some more points to explore further inland and flesh out the game a bit more, because the post-game was very short and uninteresting and the map acted like a timer.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • *Battle the Sages.

*Re-apprehend Ghetsis.

*Reduce every post-game trainer's level by 10.

*Change the playable trainer (girl)'s outfit to something more reasonable.

*Meowth/Persian obtainable

*Ability to purchase a villa like in Platinum

*Rematch Gym Leaders

*Bring back Leaf from FR/LG as uber-powerful final boss trainer with Lv95 Pokemon (to make up for her absence in HG/SS)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Gym Leader re-matches would be the biggie for me: I always thought this was a really cool feature when it was introduced, and disappointed when it was subsequently only used intermittently. A big, final challenge wouldn't go amiss: something akin to Red in Mt. Silver when playing through Johto. Pretty much anything that hinted at some 'purpose' other than defeating the E4 again would go a long way to improving the post-game, in my opinion.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I've very much always wanted the games to follow another storyline post-game, and I don't mean silly quests. I mean, they could really milk some storylines out of the left legenderies but we just get the chance to capture them and nothing else.

I'd have liked it if we'd have been able to fly one of those planes in Mistralton City, maybe to some islands or something.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    i would like champons from other games to come to one place and you can choose once a week who to fight

Yeah idk, while Cynthia is "fun", I wouldn't really like to challenge all champions, since Black and White are meant to be far from the other regions.

I thought the post game was rather lacking because you just had to explore eastern Unova, arrest 6 of the 7 Sages and rebattle the Elite 4. I would have liked it if a Team Plasma Grunt randomly decided to resurrect said team and you have to stop them.

That'd be kinda fun, since it gives you a purpose beyond the main game and I'm sure a great storyline could occur from the eastern side of Unova only.

Also on flying in the planes in general - yes plz. I'd love to have used them post-game due to some special "key" or something that seems to always occur in post-games of every other game. But hey at least we get the Royal Unova!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • TO be honest, there wasn't really anything interesting in the post game at all other than finding these 6 old guys, it would be great if you could, say, BATTLE those guys,
    This, really - the 'capture the sages' thing just felt really lacking. I also felt as mentioned that it was too linear, but it was also lacking in minigames/side content beyond the dream world - such as with a lack of the safari zone, etc. And musicals did not last long in the entertainment department either for myself.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2011
    I would make it HARDER more challenge no more OHKO all pokes until league champion!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • So many things, Follow-me feature, animated sprites, Gym Rematches, extended storyline i.e Ghetsis/N/Shadow Triad, new post-storyline areas, more rotational & triple battles etc. All these could be implemented into a third game but eh.

NinjaPawniard

Athos Porthos Aramis d'Artagna
    Years
  • I have some ideas...

Liberty Island: (This idea is featuring the idea of not being able to get Victini until Post-game) During the game all you do is go into a tower and capture Victini. You could really do much more with this. I wish that after you met Victini in Liberty Tower you had to chase it all around Unova to catch it, that would make it more interesting.

Nimbasa City: Well, we have the Ferris Wheel, but you don't really get to hop in and go around in it, that would be awesome. Yes, you can get in it, but a post-game player-in-the-wheel perspective of Nimbasa would be epic.

Desert Route 4: Okay, so we have all this building, maybe in Post-Game the construction is completed and you can buy a house there or something....

Desert Resort: Maybe after you get one Darmanitan out of its Zen mode you can find more RageCandyBars and be able to get the others out of Zen mode, because leaving those others there is an eye sore....

Musicals: Post-game it would be cool if you could put your pokémon in musicals that resembled what happened and honoring your pokémon as a hero at the end, with a large spotlight and lots of clapping.

Undella Town: I think in the Winter (post-game) the waters should freeze over that way Abyssal Ruins can only be reached during the Spring, Summer, and Fall, thus making it harder to get Arceus' plates. Also, you should be able to explore and figure out what the torrent is!

I could go on and on, but here's this....

Back