• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A HUGE HG/SS QUESTION

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    You're assuming everyone as D/P/Pt. What if someone only as SoulSilver, and then the GBA games. ( and for you loopholers, no internet ANYWHERE. Or anyone to trade with.) That's not fair to them.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they do not have the Time Machine nor the Pal Park, then they would either try something new or stick it to trading between DPPt and WiFi...Of course the GTS as well.

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Going with the idea IF Pal Park is added -- perhaps they'll have it in location to where the Sevii Islands would be. That's IF they'll include the Sevii Islands. Or something around the southern parts of Kanto. But with the release with the DSi, perhaps they'll promote its downloadable games for the DSi library. You know, the DS shop where games can be downloaded. Perhaps they'll release Pokemon games there to get the remaining Pokes. It's an idea though. =\

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You're assuming everyone as D/P/Pt. What if someone only as SoulSilver, and then the GBA games. ( and for you loopholers, no internet ANYWHERE. Or anyone to trade with.) That's not fair to them.

Are you referring to me? XD 'Cause I did think of those who don't have the games, which is why the Pal Park can still be added, either in Kanto or somewhere on the Sevii Islands.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    i think there wont be one, i think there maybe a trade system from HG/SS to D/P/PT so u can trade pokemons

slaughter077

Thread is Getting Way Bigger!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2014
    The DSi is the newest one though, which means that's the one Nintendo wants people to buy. You never see ads for the Lite anymore, just for the DSi.

And what would that mean for people who only have a DSi?

Yeah I know what you're saying! What about the people who only have a GBA? Bet they're mad they can't play HGSS!

NO. The Pal Park is a dumb idea to add. Theres already one for D/P/PT. so what we do is Pal Park in D/P/PT then trade to HG SS

That would be a huge pain in my rear end.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Having to migrate Pokémon from a GBA game over to DPPt, and then having to go through te process of trading between DPPt and HGSS will be a little too much to do for a simple trade. They can add in the Pal Park if they think it is necessary, for me it can go both ways.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Are you referring to me? XD 'Cause I did think of those who don't have the games, which is why the Pal Park can still be added, either in Kanto or somewhere on the Sevii Islands.

Oh no I wasn't. :3I was speaking to Xenart. (sp?)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't mind if the time machine came back or not. I didn't really use it at all because I didn't get the whole system until later on. It would be pretty cool to have it and bring back some memories, but it's okay if they don't.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ Oh okay, it got a little confusing at that point, but thanks for clearing it up. Yeah, for those who don't have DPPt it will be a little problem with Pal Park and all.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    Time Machine

People, please
    Frist off, this is a remake of G/S so it wouldn't take place in the same time line but since this is 4th gen. so it will have some D/P pokemon
    Second, There probally be Pal Park because not everyone has DSi so don't say there won't be PalPark
    Lastly, Time Machine will more likely be used for ether PalPark, Trading with Sinnoh, or some unknown use

Thats my two cents

Nei

HAHA!!!What did you say again?
    Years
  • It could possibly be that, they'll add the other regions obtainable through DSiWare or whatever, and there being a save slot for each region. And the time machine would access those save slots.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
  • The DSi is the newest one though, which means that's the one Nintendo wants people to buy. You never see ads for the Lite anymore, just for the DSi.

And what would that mean for people who only have a DSi?

EVERYONE now has a DS rofl
    Imagine the poor soul (pun intended) that starts with a DSi?? DSlite sales are still through the roof and plus, HGSS isnt DSi exclusive

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Whooo okay I merged the Pal Park thread with the Time Machine thread because the same thing was being discussed in both.

Renamed the resultant thread.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^I think it's a good idea to have merged it.

Now, seeing they are both together, I think I'd rather have the Pal Park in the remake, because there isn't much use for the Time Machine anymore. Plus, for those who do not have DPPt, the Pal Park can help them out.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
  • It will have Pal Park most likely remember game freak/creatures inc. does not equal nintendo they release the game how they want it to I highly doubt Nintendo could try to influence them otherwise without seriously pissing off fans

Stash23

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Wait-wait-wait! If the Time Machine was existent in GSC to communicate with RBY trainers; wouldn't that ALSO imply that there'll be a new moveset? Think about it. Remember back in GSC, someone, I can't recall who, mentioned that you can only bring Pokemon into the trade room that existed in RBY's trainer's timeline AND only have moves that were current in that timeline? Well, if that logic is put into place and there is indeed a Time Machine in HGSS, then I guess it's safe to say that there would be new moves.

What do you think?

On another note, I would think if the Time Machine wasn't going to be implemented, then there HAS to be some Pal Park inclusion. The only reason, the PURE reason a Time Machine would exist is to communicate with trainers of the past, which would mean trainers of Kanto and Hoenn. (I mention Hoenn because of that quest we're sent on to recover the Ruby and Sapphire for the Trade Machine on One Island. Therefore implying that Kanto's and Hoenn's events happens at the same time.) This would exclude Sinnoh trainers being that the Red Gyrados incident was mentioned all over that game. With that, we can assume that Sinnoh would just have a normal trade station. However, Kanto and Hoenn would indeed need a Time Machine being that events have occured over that three year period.

Although if no new moves are going to be released exclusive to this game, then we can safely rule out any possibility of a Time Machine. If is the case, then there HAS to be a Pal Park addition.

Lastly I would like to include is -- we all remember what the GSC Time Machine did, TRADE with Pokemon that existed in between RBY. Well, as we all are aware of, Nintendo never made such an adaption that DS cart Pokemon games can trade with GBA cart ones. The most was SEND GBA Pokemon to DS. Being aware of all these functions -- then for sure there'll have to be a Pal Park addon.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Wait-wait-wait! If the Time Machine was existent in GSC to communicate with RBY trainers; wouldn't that ALSO imply that there'll be a new moveset? Think about it. Remember back in GSC, someone, I can't recall who, mentioned that you can only bring Pokemon into the trade room that existed in RBY's trainer's timeline AND only have moves that were current in that timeline? Well, if that logic is put into place and there is indeed a Time Machine in HGSS, then I guess it's safe to say that there would be new moves.

What do you think?

On another note, I would think if the Time Machine wasn't going to be implemented, then there HAS to be some Pal Park inclusion. The only reason, the PURE reason a Time Machine would exist is to communicate with trainers of the past, which would mean trainers of Kanto and Hoenn. (I mention Hoenn because of that quest we're sent on to recover the Ruby and Sapphire for the Trade Machine on One Island. Therefore implying that Kanto's and Hoenn's events happens at the same time.) This would exclude Sinnoh trainers being that the Red Gyrados incident was mentioned all over that game. With that, we can assume that Sinnoh would just have a normal trade station. However, Kanto and Hoenn would indeed need a Time Machine being that events have occured over that three year period.

Although if no new moves are going to be released exclusive to this game, then we can safely rule out any possibility of a Time Machine. If is the case, then there HAS to be a Pal Park addition.

Lastly I would like to include is -- we all remember what the GSC Time Machine did, TRADE with Pokemon that existed in between RBY. Well, as we all are aware of, Nintendo never made such an adaption that DS cart Pokemon games can trade with GBA cart ones. The most was SEND GBA Pokemon to DS. Being aware of all these functions -- then for sure there'll have to be a Pal Park addon.

You do make a point there. Although they could make the Time Machine a little more different this time.

Stash23

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    You do make a point there. Although they could make the Time Machine a little more different this time.

The only idea my imagination would enable me to come up with is some cross-over with the Time Machine and Pal Park . If we're keeping true to the chronological events and, that Kanto and Hoenn occur in the same year, then there definitely has to be some cross-over with the Time Machine and Pal Park.

Back