• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Journey (13+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
  • OOC: Chika, I don't think you... umm, have what it takes to join this RP.
    Let me quote you:

Alyson was on her house, watching TV
    First of all, you don't sit on your house while watching TV. If you have a TV upon the roof of your house, you're very... special.

Anyway, here's a few tips:
    When you begin your character's adventure, try to start it around the same time everyone does. For example, we all started off by "getting ready to get our Pokemon". You started off with a battle in your first post. So Basically, by the time we've gotten all our Pokemon, you'll have already beaten a few Gym Leaders.

Second, don't rush things. You seemed to bring everything in too quickly! Look at my post. My character hasn't even gotten his Pokemon, but it's one of the longest posts yet!

In conclusion, take your time, Chika. We'll all get our Pokemon eventually.

~~~

IC:
    Chase awoke to the sound of his father screaming downstairs; a sound he'd become more than accustomed to. 'You'd think they'd at least stop fighting on my Birthday'. He lazily yawned, rolled over, and rubbed his eyes, all in one swift motion. His alarm clock read 8:15. 'Four more hours 'till I have my very own Pokemon'
    The very idea of him having his own Pokemon made Chase smile. He'd never be alone again. He'd always have someone to stand beside him, through thick and thin; a companion.

Chase lay on his back, hands clasped tightly behind his thick, untidy dreadlocks. He was, for some reason, concentrating very hard on one particular stain upon the dusty, attic ceiling. The morning sun shone brightly through a window on his far wall, illuminating the dark, musty room. Heavy books were stacked neatly along each wall. Though he'd never read them, he knew exactly what each book was about; Breeding. They all belonged to his mother, an accomplished breeder from Olivine, Johto. They'd never been opened in years, though, seeing as Chase's parents had gotten a divorce when Chase was only six. His mother now lived in Fuchsia City, while his father stayed in Cinnabar Island with Chase.
    Under these books was a hard, wood floor, with dark stains to compliment it's age. His room was bare, save a tiny shelf beside his bed which held a small, Rapidash alarm clock, a few sheets of paper under the coiled, black note-book they'd been ripped out of, and a couple of pens and pencils. This was the way Chase liked it.

The sound of footsteps coming up the stairs startled Chase. He quickly covered himself back up and pretended he was asleep as his father burst through he door, head cocked to one side trying to balance a phone between his right ear and shoulder. He seemed rather flustered.
    "Mary, why would we waste time bringing him all the way to Fuchsia City when we could just head straight to New Bark? Yes, I know you can fly him there, but we'd still need to get him to Fuchsia City first! Because it's a waste of time, Mary! He's already going to be late as it is, we don't need to be making any detours! Just a second, let me get him up... Hey Chase. You awake, big guy?"
    Chase faked waking up, blinking his eyes a few times. He didn't like his parents to know that he'd heard them fighting. It usually meant picking sides. "Yeah, I'm up Dad".
    His father stood over his bed. He was a tall man of Jamaican descent. He, like Chase, had long, brown dreadlocks that hung down to his shoulders. A smile quickly formed across his previously pursed lips.
    "Todays the day, Chase. Get dressed quickly, and I'll make you some breakfast. We have a long trip ahead of us." As soon as these words left his father's lips, Chase instantly heard his mother start complaining over the phone. He could kind of make out what she was saying. "What do you mean, you? I'm going to be the one that takes him, Marcus!"
    Chase's father began making hand puppets and rolling his eyes to imitate his mother's whining. Chase chuckled. Though he hated to admit it, deep down inside, he preferred his father over his mother.

Chase shoved the last of his hot slowpoke tail into his mouth. He had already dressed, showered and prepared for the trip. He had it all planned out; It was decided that his father would bring him across Routes 20 and 19 to Fuchsia City, and his mother would fly him to New Bark town from there. After receiving his first Pokemon, he'd be picked up by his mother and brought back to Cinnabar, where he'd begin his training. He wasn't exactly sure how to train, but he was determined to do whatever it took. Especially for his dream to become reality.
    "Here..." his father began, entering the kitchen. In his hand, he held a small, brown backpack. "I figured you could use some supplies. Y'know, just incase".
    Chase grabbed the pack from his father, and tore open the flap. There were a few sandwiches, two juice boxes, a bag of cookies, some hair elastics, and a tiny, silver-colored bell attached to a red ribbon. Chase carefully removed the bell from the bag and began to examine it closely.
    Sensing Chase's curiosity, his father quickly added, "That's a Soothe Bell. It helps Pokemon become more friendly towards their trainers. We wouldn't want another accident again, would we?" He glanced at Chase's right hand. Chase quickly withdrew his hand from view. "My glove!" He remembered. He quickly ran back upstairs and pulled on a brown, leather glove. He paused for a moment, and removed it. He stared at the painful scar he had on his hand from a terrible accident at the Cinnabar Gym. A good three quarters of his hand had suffered second degree burns. Chases father called him from downstairs.
    "Chase, let's go! We're going to be late!" Chase pulled the glove back on and hurried downstairs. He slipped the Soothe Bell in his pocket, slung the backpack over his shoulder, and set out for Fuchsia City with his father.

~~~

OOC: Hmm... not one of my better stories so far :/
    Oh well. We'll see how it turns out, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    "Really?" Amelia beamed at Emma's response, half-surprised. It wasn't as if she didn't quite notice how bored and uninterested Emma had seemed in their earlier conversation, but perhaps she had just been a bit to excited to think too much of it. Now that she recalled, it didn't seem like Emma had been that interested in talking to her at all until she brought up her sister's Cyndaquil. And now, here she was, standing with her own Pokemon held to her chest.

"Well, great!" she added, "But you'd better be ready! Whatever Pokemon you get, I'm giving it my all."

Sandshrew was not being very reactive to anything right now. In fact, he seemed to be idly dozing off a bit. Perhaps I should put him back in the Pokeball now...

The Ground-Type Pokemon did not show any sign of resistance when she held up his Pokeball and pressed the button in the center once more. Instantly a beam of red light shot out and absorbed his entire form. Like something out of a science-fiction movie, the living, breathing creature that had just been in Amelia's arm melted into nothing more than glowing red energy, and then was sucked into the orb in his new trainer's other hand. Fascinated (for while she had seen Pokemon coming in and out of Pokeballs before, never had she been the one to summon and recall them), Amelia clipped the ball onter her belt and turned back to Emma and the boy.

"So, uh..." she said awkwardly, "Were you still talking about the Jhoto starters?" Amelia recalled Marvalo's mention of Totodile's Type-advantage over Cyndaquil. "You don't still think Cyndaquil couldn't possibly beat a Totodile, do you?" she asked him, her urge to disprove and debate with someone rising once more. When she thought about it, she didn't know why exactly she was so desperate to try to argue her point, but why did that matter? It was fun, admittedly...

Years
  • "BUT I WANT A BULBASAUR NOW!" Alyson screamed. She Squirtle hid behind the professor, obviously somewhat afraid of Alyson. "I WANT A BULBASAUR!" "I'm sorry Alyson, but if you wanted a Bulbasaur, you shouldn't have overslept." Alyson was getting so mad she wanted to punch the professor, but for once, she actually calmed down. "Ok, fine, I guess I'll take the Squirtle." She said angrily. With that, the professor returned the Squirtle to its Pokeball, and handed the Pokeball to Alyson. "I'll name this Squirtle... um... Shell." She then walked off. She was starting to live with the fact that she had a squritle as a starter.

Alyson walked back in her house. Her mom smiled at her again. "What starter did you pick, sweetie? Bulbasaur?" "No, I ended up with Squirtle because I overslept." "You didn't get too mad, did you?" Alyson's mom knew how mad Alyson could get if she didn't get her way. "At first I did, but now I'm starting to became ok with it. After all, my Squirtle is kind of cute."

"Do you want lunch?" Alyson's mom asked. "Sure." "I'll make your favorite, macoroni and cheese." "Sounds great!" Alyson said happily. Her mom started to make Alyson her lunch. She was starving, so she was glad she'd have one last meal before beginning her big journey. After all, she needed to get her strength up.

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • DJ was led into a little side room with the assistant, who immediately began searching around for the supplies needed to start a pokemon journey. A few moments later, he appeared with 6 pokeballs in his hands, a pokedex and a starter pack that included: some pokefood, potions, etc. DJ had the greatest look on his face and the assistant felt pleased, he liked seeing happy trainers. Even if this one had blackmailed him with harassment, he handed him the one pokeball that contained a pokemon and put the rest of the items in an extra backpack he found lying around the room.

"I am not sure which pokemon you recieved, but that is all I can offer you. If you'd prefer to wait in the long line to get the pokemon specifically chosen, let me have all the stuff back."

"NO! Whatever pokemon you gave me is fine, unless its a Whooper. If it is, I'm going to punt it at your face and then go sulk in the line." DJ clicked the button on the red and white sphere and tossed it into the air. The pokeball opened and emitted a flash of bright white light, the light slowing forming the shape of a pokemon. Once gone, the little pokemon blinked its eyes and looked around, resting its gaze on DJ.

"Cubone!" The tiny bone carrying creature gave DJ a smile and then turned to see the assistant. Not knowing who it was, he lunged at him and began whacking him with his bone weapon.

"Ahh! Ow! Ow! Stop it Cubone! Control your pokemon boy!" The assistant began running around the room, even if it was cramped he didn't want to be whacked. All DJ had been doing the entire time was laughing his butt off, and had even fallen onto the ground due to the pain he recieved in his stomach for laughing so hard.

"Cubone..cub..bone!" The Cubone had taken notice of DJ again, and stopped its abuse of the older assistant. Immediately he jumped into DJ's lap and quickly gave him an affectionate hug.

"Alright buddy, you and I are going to be great friends. Lets get started on this journey. Thanks mister! Glad I don't have to hound you for hours on end!" DJ ran out of the room with Cubone following as quickly as its short legs could go.

"Yeah..me too." The assistant walked out of the room to continue his previous work.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The girl who still hadn't told Marvalo what her name was seemed to narrow her eyes. It was quite clear that he had gained no respect from what he had said a couple of seconds ago.

"So, do you honestly think that a little bit of fire can blow away an entire cloud of poisonous dust?" she asked as she put her hands on her hips. "And anyway, honestly, Leer? What would that do with a move that's mostly blocked by Light Screen anyway?" She tossed her hair over her shoulder again as she emphasized her words to make it sound like she was painfully reminding Marvalo of something. "Besides, if Totodile tries to Bite and Scratch Chikorita, she can always use Magical Leaf as another defense. That never misses."

"Yes, it's perfectly normal to see Fire-Type attacks blow away Sleepowder or Poisonpowder, you see it all the time on the television." Marvalo realised how idiotic that statement must've sounded. He was losing a battle and he knew it. He decided to leave the Light Screen argument alone before he made an idiot out of himself. Again. "Yeah, well what if Chikorita was already knocked out before she got a chance to use Magical Leaf?" He knew he was about to lose this and that would not be a good omen. "And besides, it all comes down to how well you're Pokémon is trained and how much it respects you." Weak and simple, but it was the truth.

When Amelia came back, she offered to battle the girl who still hadn't told Marvalo her name once she got her Pokémon.

"Absolutely," she smiled. "I'd love to have my first battle with you."

Marvalo didn't feel like being left out. "Hey, can you guys wait until I get my Pokémon? I'd love to see you two battle."

Marvalo heard his name being called. Emotions whelled up inside of him. This was the moment he had been waiting for for the past decade.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    "Hmph," Amelia snorted as Marvalo left at the sound of his name, "Good riddance if you ask me. And now he wants to watch us battle?" She sighed in annoyance. "Honestly, I really don't understand boys."

Considering he was getting his first Pokemon, before Emma, Amelia almost coinsidered taking him on with Sandshrew, just for the pleasure of beating him, but of course she'd already offered Emma her first battle. Besides, she would probably give her more of a good battling experience than him. The thought of battling excited her, getting her blood pumping once again. Now she had a starter! Now she was a trainer!

Amelia couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for Emma, though. Once Marvalo came back (and she pleaded Mew he wouldn't), she would be the only one of them without a starter yet. Thinking of starter Pokemon brought her mind back to Sandshrew. Oak had said he was a good, tough battler, but was he really? And, now that she thought of it, Amelia wasn't exactly sure how to use a Sandshrew in battle, seeing as this was perhaps the second or third time she'd even seen one. All the same, she remained confident and ready to do her best when she battled with Emma.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Emma smirked. "Everyone knows that of the three starters, Chikorita has the best defenses. It can absorb those attacks with no problem the first time they're used and strike back with Magical Leaf in the next. Or just use Magical Leaf instead." Then, to his point about the powders, she smiled. "Oh, but I've seen real battles in Celadon Gym, and the trainers there get along just fine against Fire-types that try that kind of move." And then, for the finisher, she added, "Well, of course it comes down to how well they're trained. That's true for any Pokemon, really, but if a Chikorita, a Totodile, and a Cyndaquil got the same respect from their trainers, the Chikorita would still probably win."

Turning away from Marvalo (and, in fact, feeling a little relieved at the fact that he was getting away from her -- even though he was receiving his starter first), Emma opted to pay attention to Amelia as if she was the only other person in the room. Huffing with her hands on her hips again, she nodded.

"Oh, neither can I," she said. "Almost all of them think they're better in every way than us girls when it comes to Pokemon, when really, we can beat them easily." Boys, she thought again, are just so simple.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    can i still join if so heres my information:

Character Info
    Name:
    Beo Zehper

Appearance: Beo is on the short side for his age being about only 5'7. He weighs no more the 135 lbs, and his build is of the athletic kind.. NIce sized arms, abs, you get the picture. Blonde is the color of his hair, which is on the short side with the front spiked up. His eyes are a light blue, and ar usualy squinted when he is outside. Beo wears a black short sleeved under armor type shirt, with a blue vest over top. On the vest you can see pockets which holds all of his pokemon. He wears a black head band with wristbands. On this bands are pokeball desings that go the whole way around. Usually is always wearing blue jeans, and his sneakers. He carries around his back pack which is black, with a big poke ball design in the middle. Although there is one thing that makes Beo very self concsious about himself, and that is a big scar that starts about an inch above his left eye, and ends about an inch below his left eye.

Personality: Beo is a very outgoing young man, although his mouth can get him in to a bit of trouble when going on about how he is going to be the best trainer someday. Besides the fact of that he is usually relaxed except for in times of crisis. He is not always the smoothest guy when it comes to talking to girls ether, he tends to stutter or forget what to say. Probably one of the worst things about him though is his hero complex, he feels like he always has to help people out even when they dont ask for it. This causes Beo alot of grief because it always seems to get him in to awful situations. All in all Beo is a good kid, he just lets his ego get the best of him at times. When it comes to seeing people upset or hurt Beo has a weak spot for them becuase of what happened with his brother.. He is very caring and gentle towards pokemon and hates to see them being used for the wrong reasons. When you first meet him he may come on a s a bit strong but thats just how is around new people but once you get to know him he calms down a bit.

Background: Beo was born in the Johto region, where he also grew up, with his twin brother. Beo grew up around alot of strong pokemon trainers, becuase of his dad's reputation. When Beo was five years old his dad let him play with his elektabuzz, and thats when he knew he wanted to e a pokemon trainer. When Beo and his brother turned 10 they were getting ready to leave on there journeys heading separate ways, Beo was going to go to Kanto, while his brother would go to hoenn. On that day though Beo's brother went missing before his boat left, nobody every knew what happened to him... It killed Beo inside not to know so he post poned his journey to stay home with his parents.
    Beo ended up not being able to leave becuase he was scared something would happen to him like it did his brother. When Beo's 18th birthday came around he relized it was time to leave when his dad told him that when he saw Beo playing with pokemon he knew his destiny and that was to be a great pokemo trainer like himself. He had alot of ground to make up for thse lost eight years. That day marked the day of his journey, although he had this feeling that he was being watched by somebody he shrugged it off and left home to go on his journey

Perferred Pokemon
    Elekid/ Zaps
    poke239_3.png

Paper_Thin_Hymn

N00b from sky
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    (( OOC: Watch signups for this be randomly closed right as I submit my profile. ))

Name: Matthew Franklin -- A.K.A Frankie.

Personality:
    Frankie's not really a social butterfly type--he prefers to do things by himself, as interacting with others is "tiresome." However, his people skills are excellent, to a degree, as he's great at acting like he really cares what you're saying. Being so excellent at relations with other people, it's strange that Frankie's only real dream is to become an airplane pilot--or maybe not. While he may have good people skills, he doesn't really enjoy relations with other people. And in a one-man airplane, you're the only person to talk to. Yes, he wants to be a pilot someday--specifically, a stunt pilot. His father was a pilot, so maybe that's it, but some of the motivation has to be Frankie's own, because it's quite apparent that he loves flying.

Another thing one might say about Frankie is that he's incredibly...un-restrained, perhaps. Maybe you could say he has a daredevil complex or something, because he'll attempt things that no sane person would try. Maybe it's just the fact that he's extremely willing to try things and is quite open to change, or maybe it's because he himself is a changing individual. Or maybe he's just very, very brave.

Frankie's also very quick-thinking, and good under pressure; his ability to remain calm even in sticky situations helps him to think clearly and make better decisions than if he panicked all the time. His mind runs over the facts and the possibilities like oil over rock, and he can come up with a solution in a matter of seconds, even if that solution ends up being a bit far-fetched and seemingly impossible. The bad thing about this is that he may be overconfident, or his mouth may spit out something he's thought of before he has a chance to realize that it would be best not to say that; it's gotten him in trouble before, and it can get him into trouble again. He's learned, because of this and his size, to be wary of and/or avoid guys who are bigger than him, because he prefers not to get pounded into dust so early in life. A sharp wit and a razor-edged tongue, coupled with what could possibly be called an immense talent at theatrics, have often earned the nickname of "cheeky little brat" amongst various others. He considers what he calls "puncturing pompous windbags" to be a professional sport, at which he is the self-proclaimed star--and probably only--player.

History:

Frankie was born in Hoenn, in Slateport City. It fits his lively personality He was the youngest child of four, all boys, which might explain why he has such good people skills, yet isn't very social.His mother was a stay-at-home mom, while his father was a pilot. Frankie used to go to the airfield to watch his father fly, and from an early age, was enchanted by the idea of flying through the air in an airplane. When he was five, his father gave him an old pair of custom pilot dogtags, which he's kept ever since.

When he was seven, Frankie accidentally locked himself in his closet while his mother was outside working in the garden, and ended up being stuck there for about an hour, in the dark, cramped, musty space. When his mother found him in there, he was leaning against the door, his face tear-stained from crying. Ever since then, he's had a deeply rooted fear of small spaces--he absolutely hates being enclosed in anything smaller than an average-sized bedroom. This is probably the reason that he's determined to camp out on his trainer's journey, rather than stay in hotels or pokemon centers.

Now at the epic age of ten, he's quite ready to recieve his first pokemon and get to exploring, well, everything he can. He hopes to recieve a pidgey or something along those lines, as pidgey evolves into pidgeot, which is large enough to ride--and he does enjoy flying, after all. However, he may be in for a disappointment....

Appearance:

Frankie has orange hair...like, bright, bright orange hair. It has a tendency to make him stick out in a crowd, which he's all for, since it makes the girls notice him more. It's also very messy and often sticks straight up, because he doesn't usually bother to comb it in the mornings. It's not too incredibly long.....it's not incredibly short, either. The best description of the length of his hair is that it comes down just a little bit above the collar of his jacket--and since the collar sticks straight up, it's obviously not all that long. He used to have it buzzed, but decided that that was way too boring. Another contributor to the fact that his hair is kind of messy is the fact that he usually sleeps on the grass out in the woods and what-not....he's never been much of a believer in hotels or the pokemon center.

Frankie's eyes are a kind of light turquoise color, like the sky with the slightest traces of green thrown in. Technically, being short-sighted, he's supposed to wear glasses, but he hates them and won't admit he has them. You probably wouldn't catch him dead wearing his glasses in public.

Frankie is somewhat short--more so than the average ten-year-old. While he's not terribly miniscule, he still ought to be somewhat taller than he is. He's also fairly scrawny, having almost no real muscle to speak of--he's never been the very stocky, buff sort of person. He's been given names such as "the little rat" and "squirrely boy" by some of his less understanding peers; however, he doesn't let his size get to him--or at least, he doesn't show that he does. In fact, his common reply to being made fun for it may be something like, "Well, you know, at least my muscles aren't squeezing my neck and cutting off the circulation to my brain, eh?" This is usually the point in the conversation where he uses his small size to his advantage and slips away in time to avoid being pummeled.

As far as clothing and accessories are concerned, there are three things Frankie is almost always wearing: his brown pilot jacket with the cut-off sleeves, a metal chain around his neck on which hang his father's custom-made pilot dogtags, and a pair of black, open-fingered gloves with the red silhouette of an eagle on the backs of both. He usually wears a white t-shirt underneath the jacket that sports a matching black silhouette of an eagle. His pants, like his jacket, are brown, and sport plenty of pockets for carrying various knick-knacks about in. He usually wears a pair of hiking boots, also brown though darker than his other clothes. Frankie has several other t-shirts that he may wear, and a few other pairs of pants that go with each shirt. His "special outfit" that he only wears on certain occasions kind of looks like a biker's outfit, all of black, and leather. He also has a pair of sunglasses that he wears with this outfit...which doesn't really help his short-sightedness, but he doesn't care.

Hometown: Slateport City
    Preferred Starter Pokemon: Spin the wheel of fortune~.....I'll tell you what's not preferred, if that's alright. No pidgey--if a flying type, taillow, please. I like irony. And preferrably, nothing that looks like an inanimate object/bug ( e.g., things like geodude, oddish, and slugma= do not want. )
    Preferred Starter Region: Hoenn. Eh-heh.

Years
  • OOC- Time to save this RP's life!

IC- After making Alyson some macaroni and cheese, Alyson's mom set the bowl down on the counter, and Alyson devoured it. She started to head out the door, but her mom stopped her. "Alyson, don't you want dessert?" "Nah, I don't want to be fat." It was amazing how Alyson was so weight consious so young. "Alyson, you're only like, 40 lbs or so last time I weighted you! That's NOT fat!" She ignored her mom and walked out the door.

Alyson walked towards her first route. She saw a Pikachu. It looked stronger than the ones at Viradian Forest, and it also looked semi tame, so it couldn't be wild. However, this Pikachu obviously wasn't completely tamed, because it used thunder on Alyson. She ended passing out because of the harsh blow.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    OOC: Whoa, sorry for the delay in posting. I honestly have no excuse other than not being motivated to post, unfortunately. I'll post now because I'm going on holiday for three weeks in a few days and I really don't want this roleplay to die.

dboring is accepted with Beo Zehper having an Elekid as his starter Pokémon.

Paper_Thin_Hymn is accepted and Matthew Franklin has a Delibird as his starter Pokémon. Thought it'd be interesting to work on.

IC:

As Marvalo began to talk away from the girl who still hadn't introduced herself and Amelia. He couldn't help but notice her reply; "Everyone knows that of the three starters, Chikorita has the best defenses. It can absorb those attacks with no problem the first time they're used and strike back with Magical Leaf in the next. Or just use Magical Leaf instead." She smiled. "Oh, but I've seen real battles in Celadon Gym, and the trainers there get along just fine against Fire-types that try that kind of move." Just when Marvalo thought the know-it-all was finished, she piped up again, "Well, of course it comes down to how well they're trained. That's true for any Pokemon, really, but if a Chikorita, a Totodile, and a Cyndaquil got the same respect from their trainers, the Chikorita would still probably win."

The boy had to resist leaving Professor Elm standing by the door in order to continue his argument with the ginger, but he felt that that wouldn't be the greatest first impression of all time so walked past her, pretending that he hadn't heard what she just said. He wondered what Pokémon he was going to get, the fierce Houndour, maybe? Marvalo had already worked out a tactic involving Smog, Faint Attack and Flamethrower for that Pokémon; first, he would instruct his loyal companion to use Smog around the arena so that the foe would be covered in darkness, then he would tell the Dark-Type Pokémon to use Faint Attack, the foe wouldn't stand a chance and to save Houndour from the toxic fumes? Marvalo would get him to use a Flamethrower to blow the fog away. The perfect plan. Perhaps the Majestic Delibird? Marvalo would teach the arctic bird Hail, Toxic and Aerial Ace, which would be recognised as one of the greatest combos of all time. In truth, those were the two Pokémon he so badly wanted, but he was sure that if he didn't get them, whatever he was given by the professor would be just as good or better. Wait, was it possible that the boy would be given a Pokémon yet to be officially discovered? Marvalo figured he was important enough to have one. No, it was all so clear now. The professor was going to give him a shiny Pokémon! Marvalo slapped his forehead as he walked up to Elm, wondering how he hadn't realised it before.

The professor seemed tired, but after today, who wouldn't be tired? Marvalo reasoned. Marvalo was under the impression that most tired people were also grumpy, but Professor Elm greeted him warmly by shaking his hands. "Marvalo Bond, I have heard so much about you. Quite the rising star, I believe." The man nodded his head. "Everyone was telling me what sort of Pokémon you should get, ranging from Squirtle (which is a horribly over-rated Pokémon, I blame Oak's method of giving out starter Pokémon for that) to Lapras (which is a great Pokémon, but not exactly a starter Pokémon, if you know what I mean). I treated my decision as if it were a newborn baby, Master Bond, and I really do think that the Pokémon I have chosen for you fits you to no end."

Those were some interesting words that Marvalo had just heard and he knew it. Quite the rising star? The child was under the impression that he ticked a lot of adults of when he tried to outsmart them, who would have relayed those words to the Professor? Professor Elm closed the door into his laboratory as Marvalo stepped into it and came face to face with a grey-haired man. Possibly the most famous man in the modern world. "Professor Oak!" The boy exclaimed. Never had the though of being in the same room as the legendary professor crossed his mind because he had never thought it would happen, but here he was with the possibility of a conversation about to start.

Oak chuckled and Elm joined in. "It's always nice to see aspiring trainers who know who to look up to, Master Bond." Oak held out his hand and shook Marvalo's. "You cannnot imagine how many people come in here thinking they're the greatest thing since sliced bread and don't seem to respect Elm nor I in the slightest. Your parents are obviously good ones if the sight of me leads you to be in awe."

Marvalo wanted to know if this was just formalities or if the two professors actually did like him, but refrained from asking, just in case it made him sound like an idiot. While he contemplated asking that question, Elm picked up a Poké Ball from one of the nearby shelves and looked at Marvalo with a grin on his face. Marvalo groaned. "Please, cut the suspense and tell me what Pokémon is in that ball." He instantly regretted saying it, it made him sound like a three year old.

Oak and Elm chuckled again. Marvalo breathed in a sigh of relief; these two professors were patronising, which was annoying, but at least it meant that they didn't take anything he said seriously. Elm three the Poké Ball into the air and a pink lump materialised from a jet of red light. Marvalo didn't know what to think.

"Jigglypuff!" The Pokémon shouted.

Marvalo knew a lot about the breed of Pokémon that was Jigglypuff. He knew that its attack and special attack were the Jigglypuff's strong point, and that his ideal moveset for it would be Sing, Pound, Disable and Rollout, but he was expecting something, well, better. Still, life goes on. Marvalo was mature and he intended to keep that impression. He looked up at the two professors and forced a smile. "Thank you, so much." They nodded and Elm handed the Poké Ball to him. Marvalo looked hard at the Pokémon before saying, "hello, Jugglypuff. My name is Marvalo and I guess I'm going to be your trainer from now on. Do you like that idea?" And if you don't... Too bad. The pink bubble nodded slowly and Marvalo grinned, just a small bit, he didn't want to look like a child. "Thank you, now, return!" He pressed on the metallic button on the side of the Poké Ball and watched Jigglypuff get sucked it into it.

Marvalo thanked the professors once again and left the room to find the ginger girl and Amelia. It was time to earn some respect.

Last edited:
    Years
  • OOC- Time to save this RP's life, AGAIN!

IC- Alyson heard a voice. "Hello? HELLO?! Are you ok?" Alyson gradually opened her eyes. There was a girl. She looked about Alyson's age, maybe a little older by a year or two. "Are you ok? Sorry, my Pikachu isn't that tame yet. I got it through trading, so it isn't very obedient." "It's fine." Alyson said, actually being semi-calm for a change.

"Yeah, I love trading Pokemon. Do you have any Pokemon you'd like to trade? I have Pokemon from Hoenn, my original home region... I'm here on vacation. By the way, my name is Katie." "My name is Alyson. Nice to meet you Katie. But I don't have any Pokemon. Or actually, I do have have a Squirtle, but I want to keep it." "Well, I found this egg abandoned near the day care. Would you like to have it?" "Sure." Alyson was handed a pink egg, and Katie walked away. "Wow, that Katie girl sure was nice... I hope we can meet again someday."

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Out of the corner of her eye, Emma could see the boy leaving the other room.

Great, she thought. He's going to come over here and show off his stupid Pokémon. What's-her-name – this girl – already got her Pokémon. He got his. That just leaves me! This isn't fair!

She frowned slightly but tried her best not to show any anger. It was unacceptable, being the last in line for her own Pokémon, but she wasn't about to let her opponent know that she was annoyed by it. No, she was going to show him she could rise above something so petty, so insignificant. Besides, when she got her Pokémon didn't matter in the long run. After all, it was what Pokémon she received that defined her standing. She could be the first one up and get a measly Weedle, or she could be the last one they call and receive a Dratini. It all came down to luck. Number in line, after all, didn't matter on the battlefield, did it?

With that thought playing through her head, she straightened herself and let a confident smile play across her lips. All of a sudden, she felt that little note of superiority, that little bit of warmth that filled her body. In her head, she kept thinking You don't know what I'm going to get, and that was enough of a comfort to her.

Hopefully, she'd receive something decent so that all of this didn't turn out to be just a bluff.

"So!" she said when Marvalo approached.

She was about to go on to ask him what Pokémon he received and to insinuate that she thought he would have gotten a boyish Pokémon, like a Machop or something else that relied on brute strength. Colorful taunts ran through her mind to further emphasize how her future Pokémon was likely going to be far better than whatever Marvalo received. Eloquent speeches formed in her mind, complete with a mental image of how Marvalo would react: the dirty look on his face she thought he'd receive when he'd have no way to respond to her, the look of insignificance compared to her…

Unfortunately, before she could say another word, one of the adults' voices rose above the children's.

"Emma Finn?"

Immediately, Emma winced. The last thing she wanted was to give the boy her name. Information fed the metaphorical fire, after all.

With a deep breath, she calmed herself enough to ignore Marvalo and make her way forward. By the time she reached the front, she was wearing a polite and sweet expression, the image of a calm and quiet child. Her fingertips grasped the sides of her skirt, and she curtsied to Professor Elm.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    ((OOC: NO WAY. This thread lives?! Impossible!))

Amelia was considering something else to say to Emma, for the simple sake of keeping the conversation going. However, that notion faded as she turned her head to the side and saw someone walking toward them.

"Oh, no..." she groaned, loud enough for Emma to hear but out of Marvalo's earshot. "He's coming back!"

Emma appeared equally displeased. In fact, she looked ready to resume her debate with him, but suddenly a voice inturrupted her.

"Emma Finn?" one of the professors called.

While Amelia found it conicidental that she, Marvalo, and Emma would be called consecutively, she didn't question or wonder about it. Of course, as Emma walked off, that left her with Marvalo...

"So," she began in a toneless voice, ready to satisfy her curiosity but trying not to sound interested, "What Pokemon did you get?"

Years
  • Alyson kept walking, wondering what Pokemon was inside the pink egg that Katie girl gave her. She ran into a Rattata. "Time to do some training! Go, Shell!" "Squirtle!"

"Use tackle!" The Ratatta dodged it, then used quick attack. "Shell, use withdraw!" Shell withdrew into his shell, and the Ratatta ran into and fell down. "Use bubble while you can, Shell!" Bubbles went flying from Shell's mouth, and hit the Ratatta. "Now use tackle!" Then, the Squirtle went flying towards the Ratatta. The Ratatta then bit Shell. "Hmm... that was hyper fang! Use..." Before Alyson even had time to respond, Shell bit the Ratatta, and it got knocked out. "Shell, return! Good job..." She whispered to the Pokeball, as she continued walking down the route.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    OOC: So I'm back from my holidays and it's time to give this roleplay the life it deserves. Unfortunately, that means people getting kicked out and sign-ups getting rejected, but life goes on. So, to start with the sign-up I've missed.

Now, I know a lot of people think that I horribly destroy people who annoy me, especially with illiterate roleplaying ssign-ups, but I've had a change of heart, at least for the moment, and I've decided that I need to help these people, 'cause my insulting doesn't help them at all.

So, X-BehindTheWynaut-X, let us begin. Spelling/grammar corrections are in bold.

Name: Adcaro Redskye (Nicknamed Skye or Caro).

Age: 12, his age was due to the fact he has been studying a lot in school before becoming engaged in pokemon so he could develop strategy over raw strength.

Umhm, and why have you capitilised random letters for no apparent reason? And why isn't the P in Pokémon capitilised? Remember, you only need to put in a capital letter for the start of someone's name, the start of a day, after a full stop/exclamation mark/question mark/whatever and whatnot. Don't just insert random capital letters, 'tis annoying and bad grammar.

Personality: Adcaro was bullied at a young age in Saffron City where his parents lived and worked and thus had made him a bitter and brutal commenting person. He though has a lot of loyalty and will help his friends when they are in the need. He has a long temper and can often be rash with his decisions usualy doing before thinking. He has a motto where he believes that he should defend the people he cares for with his slogan:

"I'm the first to arrive and the last to leave.'

Caro is rather snide with his comments he makes and thus have made him several enemies but his loyalty has redeemed himself helping often when his friends are injured or in need of help
    Adcaro also has a weird tendency of eating colslaw sandwiches when he gets the chance to make some.

Well, I'm going to leave the whole random capitlisation of letters now because I've figured out that you only capitilise letters in a way to get your point across. It's not really needed, my friend, and hurts the English language emotionally, so do us all a favour and refrain from doing it again. Onto your personality; let me get this straight; because he was bullied and because his parents worked and lived in Saffron City, he had stopped being an optomistic commentator? I can understand how he might've been depressed from bullying, but what you said really made no sense whatsoever. Also, was the whole colslaw sandwiches thing your idea of a joke? I didn't find it funny.

Since the rest of your sign-up is more or less the same nonsence and because I have no patience and limited time, I'm not really bothered to pinpoint the rest of your grammar mistakes, but you are definitely rejected. Have a nice day.

Chika: I'm going to tell you now; your posts are way too short. I appreciate the fact that your grammar has improved a tad, but unless you can make them decently sized, I'm going to have to get rid of you.

IC:

Marvalo was feeling a bit betrayed by the two professors he respected so much. A Jigglypuff? Was that what he deserved? Surely, something more. He was expecting a stronger Pokémon. A, well, he didn't want to sound vain but, well, a more masculine Pokémon. Hell, even an Abra would have done, but to land him a pink balloon? Surely he deserved more than that. The Pokémon wasn't even alternately coloured! Then again, Marvalo thought to himself, perhaps this Jigglypuff was special, more special than a normal Pokémon. Maybe it knew a move that he shouldn't be able to know, or maybe it's intellectual capacity was much more than the average Pokémon. There were probably a lot of reasons why Marvalo was given this Pokémon; he just needed to figure them out.

He looked up, losing his trance. "So!" The ginger said.

Marvalo looked up. Did he want her to know that he had been presented with a Jigglypuff? No. That'd probably inflate her ego. What would she think if she knew that he had gotten such a... a... a femine Pokémon? Nothing positive, no doubt. He decided that not telling her what he got was probably the best course of action at the moment, but that could change depending on what Pokémon she ended up getting. He opened his mouth to reply to her one lettered cliff-hanger, but Oak's voice boomed throughout the room instead.

"Emma Finn?"

He spotted the girl wince in the corner of his eye as she walked forward, brushing him away. So her name was Emma Finn. Average but pretty, in his opinion. Not that she would ever know his opinion. He grinned, now they were once again even. He knew her name and vice versa. A name was a very important factor in gaining respect and Marvalo knew that, he just had to play this piece of information to his advantage.

"So," Apparently that girl, Ameilia, was still around. How could Marvalo just forget her? He never believed in chivilary but he still felt disappointed at the fact that he had just ignored a girl for a few minutes. "What Pokemon did you get?"

Of course, Marvalo wasn't about to allow his guilt to overcome his sense. "Oh, you know," he toyed with his words. "I got one Pokémon out of four hundred and ninety-three, assuming that Legendary Pokémon actually exist, which I doubt."

It was always nice to act above fairytales. Marvalo stared at the door in the far corner of the room, wondering what Emma Finn would emerge with when she walked through it while he waited for Amelia to respond.

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • srry if its to late

Name:Seth

Personality:Seth is the go with the flow type of dude. He thinks if something happens then let other people worry about it he doesnt care. But if someone gets him mad then watch out. Because he will pull pranks on everyone for about a week or two until he stops.

History:Giving birth to Seth Seth's mom died. His dad worked for Proffesor Rowan. One day when Seth was 2 he went to work with his dad. While he was there he played with one of the staraptors the assistants were using in a research project. They were having so much fun. But then accidentally a Turtwig hit Staraptor hard scarring Staraptor half to death. Staraptor was so scarred that he flew off with Seth in his claws! His dad never saw him since. Actually nobody ever saw him again everyone just assumed he died.

Staraptor took Seth to a far off forest where Seth was raised by a pack of Luxrays which also had Shinxs and Luxios. Seth was raised on how to live like a pokemon and eventually actually thought he was a pokemon! One day though when proffesor Rowan was doing research in that forest he stumbled across the pack. He saw a boy sleeping in the middle of all the pokemon and reliezed that it was Seth! He woke Seth up and told him to come back to his lab. When they arrived at his lab Proffesor Rowan told him everything and Seth eventually believed him. Seth asked Proffesor Rowan where his father was and Proffesor Rowan told him that his dad had gone to be an assistant for Proffesor Oak in the Kanto Region. So from There on out Seth's dream was to become a pokemon trainer and to be reunited with his father.

Appearence: Seth has Black spiky hair(and no im not trying to copy him but like Ash's). He wears a red Shirt with a blue Pokeball print on it. He wears baggy Black pants and always has his hat that his father gave him when he was 2. He is about 3 foot 6.He doesnt wear shoes most of the time. He has a scar around his stomach and hips(where the staraptor grabbed him) and a scar from one of his eyelids staight down to his other one (nobady asks him how he got it). And he has blue eyes.

Hometown:Twinleaf Town

Starter Pokemon:you choose its more fun that way

Starter region:seeing as how its already started Johto i guess

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    srry if its to late

Name:Seth

Is this Seth Grey from PFU? Anyways, I'm pretty sure that in my first post I said that only literate roleplayers could take part in this roleplay, and you are most definitely not literate. Consider yourself rejected.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    It only took a few moments for Amelia to wish Emma would get back soon. She wasn't exactly lonely, but just a bit self-conscious, standing right next to this boy without anyone else to distract attention from her. To a stranger's eye, it could look suspiciously like they were friends. Or worse... She recoiled at the disturbing thought. No, Amelia had never and would never show interest in a boy. She didn't need them, and she felt that she was far superior anyways.

"Oh, you know," Marvalo muttered in responce to her question, "I got one Pokémon out of four hundred and ninety-three, assuming that Legendary Pokémon actually exist, which I doubt."

Amelia smirked at Marvalo's words. Trying to change the subject by mentioning Legendaries, are we? She herself did not care much for the belief in Legendary Pokemon, though she didn't rule out the possibility that they could exist. This, of course, wasn't the point of his words, though. I'll bet he's hidng something. Who's so confident now? An amused glint in her eyes, she chuckled slightly.

"Is that supposed to imply you didn't get quite what you were hoping for?" the girl asked slyly. "A Dunsparce, perhaps? An Igglybuff?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back