• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A little something ive noticed about the theme songs.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2010
    Just wondering if anyone has noticed a pattern in the theme songs.

When watching the anime in order of seasons, excluding the first season, you dont really appreciate the current seasons theme song till you watch the following season.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    I see the message you're trying to convey.

It's just due to the natural human tendency to familiarise and stick with things that they already know rather than to evaluate fairly new things. That's why the new theme songs seem a lot worse when you originally hear them compared to the old ones.

It's the same reason why you get a tonne of fanboys who create threads slating the state of the anime at the moment and wishing it was back to how it was in the Kanto era, with Misty still in the show.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    It also doesn't help that television has changed so that 1.5 minutes is way too long for a television cartoon theme. 30-45 seconds, tops, is what they have to work with.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    thats true, when I heard the battle frontier theme I hated it, but the the DP rap came on (ughh) I started to like the battle frontier song.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    i dont reeally watch the show on tv i watch it on dvd so i dont really listen to the songd much if i did i might of killed myself

Back