• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A loved one or two total strangers?

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Okay, your on a train station and one of the trains has gone crazy and wants to taste some blood (it's out of control), and your standing by the thing that has to be pulled to change tracks,

The train is currently driving like crazy at two total strangers, that are stuck and you can save them by pulling the thingy, but if you do then it will hit one of your loved ones, whom is stuck on the other other tracks,

What would you do,

would you save your loved one or would you save the total strangers?

Loved one. Not a very hard choice really :/
    But I know either decision would haunt me later..

After you answer this, then I'm gonna have to ask you to define love, what is it to you, what does it mean for you, do you love somebody, have you loved somebody, do you feel there are many types of love?

Love to me, is when you have utmost trust, respect and belief in the person in question. They never let you down and bring you up when your feeling down. They're plesant to be around and bring a smile to your face when you meet eye-to-eye. You get that, seldom heard of, "butterflies in the stomach" feeling when you talk to them. You can't go a day without visualizing them or longing to be with them.

Those are all the qualities of love to me.

Have I ever loved somebody? Oh, the memories. I remember my freshman year, there was this girl who was absolutely amazing in every way possible. She had every one of the qualities I mentioned above. Not to mention, that girl turned my life around. She helped me see the brighter things in life. Thing is, she still doesn't know how much I care about her, and how much I love her...

Do I love somebody at the moment? See above :}.
    One day..I'll work up the courage to ask her out. Telling her of all the wonderful things she's done for me. I just can't wait for that day..

Do I feel there are many different types of love?
    To an extent, yes.
    There is the classic "Love at first sight". Or as I like to call it, "Pure Lust". That's all it is, really. The best kind of love is when you let it grow. Get to know the person and let your relationship grow. That love will make you feel so much more joy than lust could anyday.

And all of that is my views on this topic :]

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Obviously, I'd pick the loved one. I wouldn't even hesitate. Sure, it would be difficult so sacrifice the lives of those two other people, but I'd do anything to save someone close to me. It's only logical to accept the sacrifice. A more serious situation, say saving the lives of 10, or maybe even 100 people, instead of a loved would more accurately exemplify what this type of question is asking =/

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Obviously a loved one.

A stranger has no place in my life and not to sound selfish, wouldn't be important to me as someone I love. If I ever lost someone that I loved, I probably wouldn't be able to live my normal life anymore. Though I would feel the satisfication of heroism if I saved a stranger, still, losing someone I love would leave an empty void in my life.

Love to me can mean different things. There's the love in friendship; where I deeply care for my friends and I would do anything to protect them.

As for love in a relationship, like with my boyfriend, it has the same aspects but on a whole new level. Though I do both love my friends and my boyfriend, my love for each are different from one another. It's rather hard to explain, it's not something you think about and it's just there and you know how to differentiant between the two. There's the love of just friendship, then there's the love with someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with, someone you have faith in, someone you can always trust and depend on. Though the aspect of friendship is still the same, still, you wouldn't love your friend the same way as you love your partner.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Morality says it's not right to let two people die in the place of one, but taking human emotion into account, it's always right to save your loved ones first.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Do nothing. Someone has to die, because he/she is on the track, which is against the rules, which is there to save lives, which means if someone disobeys it deliberately, he/she is risking life.

There are many types of love alright, but I can never understand why the romatic one is most often talked about and, IMO, overrated. You see more bf/gf threads than "have you got a pet to love yet" threads.

If I truly loved someone, I actually love them forever.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    That's hard. 2 lives, or 1 you care about? The loved one. You know them, so to you, there are more valuable.

Years
    Morality says it's not right to let two people die in the place of one, but taking human emotion into account, it's always right to save your loved ones first.

You might want to choose your words a little carefully. That's not 'morality' you're describing there - that's utilitarianism. 'Morality' covers an awful lot more than just utilitarianism.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ah i could also use different situations for different answers
    If the strangers are say 2 kids with a future and then you have your 60 year old father you would do what your father would do take the loss like a man and save the future of the kids.
    If the stragners where say pedofiles then save the loved one.
    If the stragners where say 2 very hot ladies and the loved one would be your wife then go for your wife.
    If the strangers were 2 very good politicians and the loved one was the ever annoying uncle frank who makes christmas suck id go for the politicians cause they can change the world.

So yeah it depend on the people not if they matter to you or not.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Of COURSE my loved one. I'm not going to choose 2 random strangers over anyone I know and like/love.
    Love for me.. I feel as I HAVE experienced it before.. But it hurts deeply. If love doesn't hurt when something bad happens, then you don't love the person. That's what I think. =/

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Have I recently been in an argument with said loved one? jk :P

The loved one seems like the way to go, but if it really was up to me I would hate to have to look into the two strangers' eyes and let them die. I would worry about taking to long to make my decision, although I know I would ultimately choose the loved one.

Back