• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Medieval Romance: Sir.Hadrian VS Sir.Terrowin

Ekeshum

Fan of Saturn
Years
  • Sir. Hadrian
    VS
    Lord Rowan

I'll never forget the day that I met my knight. I was in the palace with the other people, watching the knighting ceremony. The serfs and peasants in the back, the other knights in the center, and the nobles sitting up front. We had the best view. I was the only lady without a knight, and the king Charlemagne said that the newest knight, Sir.Hadrian was to be mine. My personal servant Ayleth noticed that I was blushing just looking at Hadrian. She touched my light blue dress and whispered "Lady Arabella, are you already taking a fancy to that new knight?"

Not wanting to answer this, I shushed Ayleth so that I could watch the dubbing. After that I was to stand by my new knight. Sir.Hadrian put a gloved hand on my shoulder and I officially accepted him as my knight.

Lord Rowan, who also was madly in love with me, walked straight up and whispered "Arabella, don't you go getting all 'fancy' with that new knight of yours, or I'll have him killed. Remember, I CAN."

Those final and true words, I CAN send chills down my spine. Because nobles had higher status than knights, they could do pretty much anything they wanted to them. But maybe since Hadrian was MY knight, I'd be able to kiss him and protect him at the same time. I was a noble, after all.

The ceremony ended, and we celebrated with a ball and a feast in honor of Sir.Hadrian's appointment to knight. King Charlemagne and Queen Peronell got the best food, but so did Hadrian and I because this was kind of OUR celebration. Only peasants and serfs that Hadrian and I had invited personally were allowed to come. I had invited Ayleth, another servant named Beatrix, and several others. I was rather worried about what lord Rowan had up his sleeve for Hadrian and I, especially considering that we were dancing the whole night. Not to mention that our parents have been rivals since they were kids, and now though Rowan says that he likes me, I know that he's up to something. My knight should do the protecting, but will I end up protecting my knight?

more of the story coming soon.

Last edited:

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • Althoug the plot seems very original (I haven't seen anything related to knights, servants, etc here yet) it could have a lot more of description. Remember: those times were times where people (specially princess and those..) used to wear complex clothes, with vivid colors, jewels and that stuff. It would fill a lot your writing just if you describe that (the characters, the castle, etc. I don't mean the characters' personality, because may be you want to describe that later).
    That's the thing you missed, I think (not trying to sound bad ;) ) And so your chapters would be longer, a thing that everyone notes..

Good luck

Ekeshum

Fan of Saturn
    Years
  • Part 2

I finally went to my room around 2:30 AM. However, I couldn't fall asleep because I was worried about Sir.Hadrian. He was a brand new knight, and lord Rowan had been giving us the evil eye, he knew that I was in love with Sir.Hadrian, and he was a lord… my thoughts raced. When I finally DID fall asleep, terrible dreams of Hadrian being tortured by a triumphant Rowan entered my brain. Once Hadrian was dead, I saw myself in bed with Rowan…naked. I woke up screaming and shuddering.
    Sir.Hadrian rushed to my, room, apparently having heard my loud screams of terror. "Lady Arabella, pardon my uncalled for presence, but I heard you screaming and I hoped you were okay…" his sword was drawn, ready to kill any attackers that might be harming me.
    I breathed an inward sigh of relief. Sir.Hadrian was the one I was most worried about. I felt that I should tell my new knight why I had cried out, because after all, he WAS here in my room. But then he would know how I felt, and that lord Rowan was planning to kill him, and… "Lord Rowan is planning to kill you, because see, he's in love with me, and he's afraid that something will become of you and I, and…!" I blurted.
    Sir.Hadrian touched my back lightly. "Whoa, Lady Arabella, what's going on? Please tell me. I'm a knight, I'm here to protect you, not hurt you or make you feel bad!"
    My eyes had adjusted to the dark, and I was able to see Sir.Hadrian more clearly. I just barely smiled. He wore a dark blue robe which exposed his chest. Brown cotton sleep pants were on his legs, and his light brown, almost blond hair was spiked out everywhere, in a messy but sexy way. His soft silver eyes looked tired. "Please Hadrian, I don't want to interrupt your sleep more than I already have. Go back to your quarters. I'll explain later."
    Sir.Hadrian rested his hand on my shoulder, which was covered by a pink silken dressing gown. "Alright Lady, but if you ever need me, I'm here for you. Don't worry about bothering me, I mean, well, isn't that what knights are for?"
    I smiled. "Goodnight, Sir."
    After Hadrian had left, I laid back down. Obviously I would not be going back to sleep. My mind and body were too fully awake for that. I wondered why I had sent Sir.Hadrian away. It was all too complicated. I loved him so much, yet I didn't talk to him. In the dark night, I had longed to reach out and touch his perfect chest, yet somehow had resisted. I desired to kiss his soft lips, yet I could not. My throat felt choked up thinking about how all these things could not be. I considered calling Hadrian back to my room, just to be with him when Rowan was not around. I felt so stupid for making him leave. Confused and alone, I got dressed in a yellow gown as the sun began to rise.
    Later that day, I walked out to the stables, where I knew Sir.Hadrian would be grooming his horse. My throat tightened again when I saw him, almost like I wanted to cry but the tears just wouldn't come. My heart jumped as I walked up to him. "Oh! Hello, Lady Arabella!"
    "Please call me Bella. The title of Lady makes me feel old. I'm still only 19."
    "Yes Bella. Hold on, let me put DarkStar away."
    Hadrian finished putting his horse away in the stable. Brushing his hands on the dark leggings he was wearing, he walked out into the sunlight. "How can I be of service?"
    I smiled. "Nothing, Sir.Hadrian. Just wanted to talk to you."
    Hadrian sat down with me on a nearby bench. "Listen, Bella," His eyes were like hard steel. "There's…something I need to tell you."
    I nodded, awaiting the news. "As you know, there's a war going on in France."
    "So?" I asked, puzzled.
    Before answering, my knight pressed his lips against mine in a sort of farewell. His kiss was urgent, I could tell how much he loved me by its power. I didn't want him to let go. I stayed in his arms for awhile before he told me the news.
    " I must go to war."
    "No! I never sent you to war, so you don't have to go!"
    " Lord Rowan sent me," he said softly.
    " He's not your lord!"
    " We must obey ANYONE above our rank that gives us an order. If we do not obey, we can be executed. Please forgive me."
    I was too shocked to say anything. Kissing me one last time, this one more gentle, Hadrian walked inside of the palace to go put his armor on.

Back