• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Message from the PokeCommunity Higher Staff

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I was a mod once, many moons ago.

I think I was offered it via PM... and kind of annoyed Lightning a little bit because I was sitting on my decisions XD

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I want it written in the sky NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS

It would be nice to moderate a forum, as terrible as I think I'd be at it. But, I'd like to give it a try and see what I can do for that forum. I used to have big aspirations for myself when I first came here, but I fell too far into the swing of things and got much too involved with a certain group of people instead of being more involved with the whole forum. But I think I've improved and matured since then, and I'd like to be offered a chance to mod one day. Of course, it would have to be OC, OVP and C&M that I would ideally like to moderate. And of course, it's those sections that have been taken by mods with no intentions of leaving them, lol.
    A member can only dream!!!!!

Years
    Obviously I got a message from the higher staff, and I accepted! Then I got pulled into a giant staff conversation on MSN last summer (I miss those) and I was absolutely shocked to see them link me to an old post and I had an orange, bold name. There was no refusing that!

If I had to be promoted to an Assistant Admin, then I'd probably like for it to happen over a giant staff group chat again. When it came to getting modded though, I really appreciated the PM ─ I still have it actually! Although, over the phone, now that would be pretty funny.

I saved my promotion PM too. XD

The old staff-only MSN chats were great and we should really do it again for the next one.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I never got a chance to accept! The way I got modded was in an MSN conversation with Erica and Audy which was related to some complicated thing to do with rules and modding but not actually being a mod and somehow I got the clue that I was then a mod and refreshed PC and yeaah.

While that was awesome, as a member years ago I always thought it would be nice to get a PM to formally accept or something, so since everyone else is answering in terms of being promoted to the next rank then yeah I'd probably want a PM lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I was asked to be a mod by PM...honestly it was quite unexpecting, and it literally threw me off. xD I still have the promotion PM, though!

There would be a better reason to deny a mod position for me... IRL being a total pain. But that's not really happening right now. School is being light, and I'm usually alone most of the time in my condo, so here I am. xD

If I were to be promoted to Super-Mod highly doubt that in the future lol, I'd prefer by PM as well. I'd like to feel thrown off like the mod PM, and faint. Yeah. I literally fainted. xD Phone call? sure. I'll go for that as well. :P

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Oh man, when I was modded I was totally unsure on what to say. At the time, I didn't want to say no, because then I would be turning down a really cool offer, and I didn't want to say yes, because if I did I felt like I was too hyper or whatever, and felt like I was being selfish, but I took the offer anyway because in terms, the pros outweigh the cons of being a moderator I believe.

Now if I were promoted to super moderator, I'd prefer that over PM instead of msn/irc because then I'd have time to think about it. But even then, I think I'd turn it down, just in the sense that I don't feel like having those decision making powers would suit me. I'd end up thinking about it more and more and then it sort of controlling my mind for a long time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I would ask who they would offer the position to if I refused, and if it's someone that I liked then I'd turn down the offer. If it's someone I don't like I'd accept.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd take the offer to be a mod because I want to try the best I can to make the sections I frequent better.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I was... never asked (unless you count being told 'Unless you don't want to be one' after getting the Mod Emblem). What happened was what I just said. I had logged onto MSN and PC like usually when I get onto the computer, and I got a message from one of the higher staff. After he had asked me a question for my congratulation thread, I looked at PC to noticed that I won an emblem, which had been the Mod Emblem. I guess they had a feeling I wouldn't turn down the offer!

Anyways, I'll take the S-Mod approach to this now since I'm already a Mod. For the S-Mod position I would like to have a conversation over MSN, or at least a PM so I can think about it. While being a S-Mod sounds fantastic, I would actually have to consider my options, and whether I want to be promoted or stay with my two sections. I don't like seeing drama and for some reason there's this curse that whenever someone gets modded in a trivia sections someone gets angry, so that's something I wouldn't want to see, among other reasons. Basically, I would have to see if the positives to becoming a S-Mod would outweigh the negatives.

Years
    Well, when I was told, I was invited into a chat with Morkula, Shivi and Hiroshi Sotomura and we were randomly talking, then they said everyone look at this link. I did and didn't notice anything really. Morkula said 'oh I can't view it because I ain't staff' obviously jokingly.

But it took about a minute to realize I was staff because I had Sydian spamming me on MSN haha.

A phonecall would have been cool, but I stay Skype conference would have been cool so I could have had those three in it, because it was nice to be told by them since they are good friends.​

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I wouldn't take it... I've no interest in spending more time here but making it work-like. Also, what's up with all the threads about modding and staff and etc? XD

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    MAKE MEH A MOD!

I'd probably accept. I do spend a lot of time here, despite what my post statistics would suggest, It'd be nice to have a lick of POWER.

I'd rather be PM'ed than anything else. Feels more... official and cool.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    If I were offered a position, then more than likely multiple people thought it was a good idea, which means that to a point I would trust their judgement. XD Sooo, I can't say that I would turn a promotion unless I really felt deep down that I could never pull it off, and it totally wrong. =w=

I'm glad my modding happened via PM, but any other promotions.. I don't care how they happen.

Years
    Would you turn down the offer of modship if given the chance to take it?

It's hard to say my boy. I know I'm going to get increasingly busy as time passes on so I'm not sure if I would have the time to moderate and such.

Additionally, how would you want the position offered to you? In a chat, in a group chat, in a VM conversation, in a PM conversation, over the phone?!!

You guys are thinking WAY too small. Definitely need to receive the invitation by helicopter.

A Message from the PokeCommunity Higher Staff

I could imagine it now. I'm sitting in my room listening to music or whatever and then this chopper slowly descends outside on the road. The aerial unit powers down, the door slides open and the red carpet rolls out. A cloaked figure begins to traverse upon the carpet which leads directly to my front door. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive at this point but I bravely / foolishly open the door in response to the approaching figure. He hands an envelope to me and that's it. He turns around, enters the heli and flies off.

Years
    DRAKOW 4 TABLETOP GAMES MOD, LEZZGETIT.

At any rate, I'd accept if it were a section that I think I could make an impact in and had passion for. I'd be in a huge bind if I were asked to moderate a certain section, so that might be a bit stressful, but I'd probably end up accepting, since regret is the worst feeling, and one I've felt too often. I'd prefer it be via PM, so I could have time to think about it and not be pressured into accepting by being in a group chat.

Wansen

Regal Bryant
    Years
    ahaha. No, I would refuse, no matter what way. Because I disapear from here quite suddenly and occcasionly. XD. I also don't have any friends to bring me back here to PC.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    I must have flip-flopped on this issue a dozen times before I was offered the position. To anyone who thinks that they would say no, let me just say this: when you're reading the PM offering you a promotion and the possibility is right there in front of you, it's a whole 'nother ballgame, man.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I think I'm one of the few people here who would actually turn it down... XD; I fall off the face of the earth way too much to have a ~responsibility~ here, and I'm just not really into being a mod, personally. I really can't see myself modding it up and locking threads and stuff anyway. In terms of how I would want to be asked, a PM is just fine.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd probably give it a go, assuming there were nobody else willing whom I felt more suitable.
    I would prefer it as a formal E-mail or PM from Rukario.

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
    Years
    My answer

Would you turn down the offer of modship if given the chance to take it?
    Of course I would. Who wouldn't like to moderate the best forum in the worlds?

Additionally, how would you want the position offered to you? In a chat, in a group chat, in a VM conversation, in a PM conversation, over the phone?!!

PM of course That way only the H-staff and The receiver of the PM would know.

Back